PDA

View Full Version : Training Frequency!

Carrnage
01-02-12, 6:04 pm
You read the title! Whats your guy's opinion on how many days someone should train and why! Lets hear em!

korn_fed
01-02-12, 6:15 pm
It's definately different for everybody. For me, pretty much every frequency from 3-4 times a week to 6-7 times a week works, but only for a short period. A couple months ago, I was doing a split in which I trained each body part twice a week, and I put on some solid size but my progress halted after some time. Then I cut down to a 4 day split (hellraiser training) and my progress jump started again.

TigerAce01
01-02-12, 6:21 pm
If you're just "working out" for fun or general fitness, do it whenever you can or have motivation. Just have a simple plan...but do it!

If you have more specific goals, such as improving for a sport, stepping on the platform, or getting on stage, read, read, read! Research the fuck out of everything, then try something for at least a full planned cycle. If it didn't work as well as you hoped, try something else. After a couple of years, you'll find something that works best for you.

That being said, most athletes with a basic platform of training under their belt, with moderately good diet, no drugs, and minor supplementation will benefit most from a 3-4 day a week split with added conditioning once or twice a week.

-Ace

Seath308
01-02-12, 11:36 pm
Sunday: Strict Standing Military Press
Monday: Deadlift
Wednesday: Bench Press
Friday: Squats!

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday : OFF!

C.Coronato
01-03-12, 3:06 pm
There was a time i trained 7 days a week and certainly made my best gains. Since then i have cut it back to 5 days a week as i feel i need those days to rest and recover.

pushin weight
01-03-12, 5:20 pm
There was a time i trained 7 days a week and certainly made my best gains. Since then i have cut it back to 5 days a week as i feel i need those days to rest and recover.

I get my best results when i train 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off

C, what was your routine when you trained 7 days a week?

Tom Williams
01-03-12, 5:46 pm
working on a 10 day split with only 1 day off lol!

when its done ill post it...