PDA

View Full Version : Home made shake

Wrath91
01-04-12, 7:54 am
Can someone recommend me a good shake that can replace whey protein shake.I mean shake made by food only no whey in in or any other suplement but closer to whey shake as much as can it be.I want to try to replace my whey shake I used till now because I have no whey at this moment so I want to replace it with this one until I get whey again.

IronBarbarian
01-04-12, 9:00 am
Hey not sure about closeness to whey, put in terms of a high cal shake with good amounts of protein and carbs try this one i used to make:

500ml milk
2 tbspn NATURAL peanut butter
1 cup oats
2 serves berries

blend it all up and your done. if you cant handle the flavour add some honey...its awesome for brekky or post w/o

IronBarbarian
01-04-12, 9:07 am
Actually, you can try a similar thing put using skim milk powder, never tried it but heard it works

C.Coronato
01-04-12, 9:41 am
You would certainly want some type of protein in there. I would look into some pasteurized egg whites, throw in some oats, PB, Banana, maybe some coco powder and you would be good to go.

Wrath91
01-04-12, 10:00 am
Ok.thanks animals.

Wrath91
01-04-12, 10:54 am
You would certainly want some type of protein in there. I would look into some pasteurized egg whites, throw in some oats, PB, Banana, maybe some coco powder and you would be good to go.

One more question,I hope not going away from topic...Is milk good for bulking and gaining size and muscle? I use to shake whey in my milk , but nutricionist in my gym told me that milk ain't good for bodybuilding so I just wanna ask your opinion since you are competitive bodybuilder what do you think about milk for bulking and gaining muscle..good or bad?

IronBarbarian
01-04-12, 11:32 am
Milk, depends on what type bro? whole milk, i tend to stay away from, why have the fat? im not sure about over there in the states (assuming your from there) but i use a 2% fat milk which has more protein per serve, a nice even 10g per serve, with about 15g of carbs, which is lactose so sugar...so i would say yes that type of milk is good for bodybuilding, good easy source of protein, and cheap too....however i would drink it primarily in the morning when i prefer to have my some of my faster acting carbs. Also calcium is very important (for lots of reasons ill only go into if you really want me to) for those who fight the iron, so another reason to keep milk in your diet. Some people cant handle drinking a lot of just straight milk, but i like to just slam down 1/2 a litre in the morning with my brekky, 20g of protein with 30g of carbs, and not much fat, thats not a complete brekky obviously.

IronBarbarian
01-04-12, 11:34 am
In terms of protein, i THINK skim milk powder has about 22g of protein per half cup....mix that in with some more fresh milk, so PB, and even some ready to go eggs/egg whites, and oats, and something a lil to flavour and your good to go!

C.Coronato
01-04-12, 11:40 am
One more question,I hope not going away from topic...Is milk good for bulking and gaining size and muscle? I use to shake whey in my milk , but nutricionist in my gym told me that milk ain't good for bodybuilding so I just wanna ask your opinion since you are competitive bodybuilder what do you think about milk for bulking and gaining muscle..good or bad?

If you are bulking, then yes, have that milk. I have a few cups of whole milk a day during my offseason. It helps pack those calories in. I wouldnt count on it to be a main source for nutrients but it does add density. Once I am in contest prep all dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt) gets cut out.

IronBarbarian
01-04-12, 11:43 am
If you are bulking, then yes, have that milk. I have a few cups of whole milk a day during my offseason. It helps pack those calories in. I wouldnt count on it to be a main source for nutrients but it does add density. Once I am in contest prep all dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt) gets cut out.

whole milk? just curious? why do you go for that?

C.Coronato
01-04-12, 11:48 am
whole milk? just curious? why do you go for that?

More calories. When your bulking and you have a hard time putting on weight, any bit helps. I ate my ass off and sometimes I dont budge, so I dont want to cut corners so it helps. I understand not everyone needs or wants the whole milk, that is just what works personally for me.

IronBarbarian
01-04-12, 11:56 am
More calories. When your bulking and you have a hard time putting on weight, any bit helps. I ate my ass off and sometimes I dont budge, so I dont want to cut corners so it helps. I understand not everyone needs or wants the whole milk, that is just what works personally for me.

Ah ok fair enough, well i might try that actually last time i bulked i couldnt get past 210lbs, i was eating a ton of rice, chicken and beef...just couldnt eat any more to put on more weight, you find your bf% gets too high when drinking whole milk?

Wrath91
01-04-12, 3:26 pm
Ah ok fair enough, well i might try that actually last time i bulked i couldnt get past 210lbs, i was eating a ton of rice, chicken and beef...just couldnt eat any more to put on more weight, you find your bf% gets too high when drinking whole milk?

I got good genetics and metabolism so I don't lose abs during bulking...like ever.They look almost the same even if I put 10 or more pounds on.I'm not from USA but in my county we got few diferent milks,they are some that got 2 % fat and those other up to 9 % or something like that but I'll stick to those less fat for now ,but just as Christian said it's for bulking so any good calories will help I belive

Adrenaline
01-09-12, 6:51 pm
Can someone recommend me a good shake that can replace whey protein shake.I mean shake made by food only no whey in in or any other suplement but closer to whey shake as much as can it be.I want to try to replace my whey shake I used till now because I have no whey at this moment so I want to replace it with this one until I get whey again.

Try this - especially before bed or when you are going to have a gap in between two meals -

Cottage cheese: 1 cup
Peanut butter: 2 tablespoons
Eggs whites: 1/2 - 1 cup
Water or Milk
Ice cubes
Fat free/sugar free chocolate pudding mix

Depending on how much liquid you pour in the blender, this will come out something like light pudding or yogurt. also search the forum there is a shake thread somewhere..a lot of posts might be based around whey..but it will give you a ton more ideas brotha

AJP1
01-10-12, 12:30 am
Get ya some mothaphuckin Real Gains and whole milk do it for a good month....

Wrath91
01-10-12, 6:07 pm
Try this - especially before bed or when you are going to have a gap in between two meals -

Cottage cheese: 1 cup
Peanut butter: 2 tablespoons
Eggs whites: 1/2 - 1 cup
Water or Milk
Ice cubes
Fat free/sugar free chocolate pudding mix

Depending on how much liquid you pour in the blender, this will come out something like light pudding or yogurt. also search the forum there is a shake thread somewhere..a lot of posts might be based around whey..but it will give you a ton more ideas brotha

I'm mixing something similar to that,thanks tho,will try that one those days

Wrath91
01-10-12, 6:09 pm
Get ya some mothaphuckin Real Gains and whole milk do it for a good month....

I meant on shake without any suplements in it,just pure food.Real Gains is a gainer.

LegendKillerJosh
01-13-12, 6:39 pm
You can blend boiled chicken breast - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?28984-Poundstone-chicken-shake , derek poundstone does it.

There are tons of foods you can blend. Milk, powdered milk, yogurt, cream or ice cream (if you are bulking), eggs, peanut butter, oats, nesquick, fruits, vegetables, oils, crystal light, honey, coffee grinds, cocoa, cottage cheese, or pretty much anything. Decide which macros you want to increase in your diet and add those kinds of ingredients.

Bruiser
01-14-12, 10:03 am
Here's one of mine:

4 raw eggs
32 oz milk
1 cup raw quick oats
2 Tbsp milled flax seed
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup PB

Jay
01-14-12, 6:45 pm
10oz milk
tbs of chocolate syrup
scoop or 2 of ice cream
some PB
scoop of nutella

Polk17
01-14-12, 8:50 pm
10oz milk
tbs of chocolate syrup
scoop or 2 of ice cream
some PB
scoop of nutella

Holy Shit... This looks like two things to me...

Really fucking good, & will probably give you diabetes...

NJC_Manhattan
01-17-12, 10:32 pm
For most shakes you're going wanna do Whey or Casein or add in something, but if you're really looking to stay away and pack on calories.

2-3 raw eggs (get local and organically fed. You are rolling the dice if you eat raw eggs--or really any raw food in general--that comes from a national supermarket)
2 tbsp almond butter (that shit is so superior to natty PB)
2 cups oats
2 cups almond milk
1 banana
1/2 cup chocolate ice cream (organic and homemade only. No ben and jerrys or DQ or any of that plastic bullshit that is falsely labeled ice cream. Seriously, any store bought ice cream is garbage. Don't do it.)

That will load calories pretty quickly. Be warned that fat will come with. Unless youre a genetic beast or a chemist

Wrath91
01-18-12, 2:22 pm
For most shakes you're going wanna do Whey or Casein or add in something, but if you're really looking to stay away and pack on calories.

2-3 raw eggs (get local and organically fed. You are rolling the dice if you eat raw eggs--or really any raw food in general--that comes from a national supermarket)
2 cups oats
2 cups almond milk
1 banana
1/2 cup chocolate ice cream (organic and homemade only. No ben and jerrys or DQ or any of that plastic bullshit that is falsely labeled ice cream. Seriously, any store bought ice cream is garbage. Don't do it.)

That will load calories pretty quickly. Be warned that fat will come with. Unless youre a genetic beast or a chemist

Ye this one look like a good shake,thanks bro will try it out.

bigrobb
01-18-12, 3:15 pm
Ye this one look like a good shake,thanks bro will try it out.

sounds good what is the calories

NJC_Manhattan
01-18-12, 6:21 pm
sounds good what is the calories

Enough...

Seriously, aprox 700cals

Adrenaline
01-20-12, 6:02 pm

2 cups oats
2 cups almond milk
1 banana

2 cups of milk and 2 cups of oats on top of everything else - sounds good but would take me way too long to get down lol