PDA

View Full Version : Earning My Stripes - Tiger's Journey

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tiger
01-06-12, 10:58 am
The bulk is on!

I managed to cut from 207 to 180 in a few months, enjoyed Christmas and New Year (while nursing some elbow pain), and starting off at 186lbs.

Diet's been nailed on since Wed (when I went back to work):

6 eggs
Oats and Honey w/ milk

2 scoops Whey + Oats
Haribo

Chicken, Sweet Potato/Rice and Veg (broccoli, green beans, etc.)

Chicken, Sweet Potato/Rice and Veg

Salmon, Sweet Potato/Rice and Veg

Steak, Sweet Potato/Rice and Veg

6 eggs

Still figuring out amounts (although the meat all seems to be around 6oz) - I'm constantly full and struggling to get it all down the hatch, but I'm powering through!

Time to get huge!

Solid Dreams
01-06-12, 11:28 am
The bulk is on!

I managed to cut from 207 to 180 in a few months, enjoyed Christmas and New Year (while nursing some elbow pain), and starting off at 186lbs.

Diet's been nailed on since Wed (when I went back to work):

6 eggs
Oats and Honey w/ milk

2 scoops Whey + Oats
Haribo

Chicken, Sweet Potato/Rice and Veg (broccoli, green beans, etc.)

Chicken, Sweet Potato/Rice and Veg

Salmon, Sweet Potato/Rice and Veg

Steak, Sweet Potato/Rice and Veg

6 eggs

Still figuring out amounts (although the meat all seems to be around 6oz) - I'm constantly full and struggling to get it all down the hatch, but I'm powering through!

Time to get huge!

How are you enjoying the oats and honey? That's what I do after workouts since I work out in the AM, trying to nail all my carbs right after. Get big buddy!

Tiger
01-06-12, 12:24 pm
How are you enjoying the oats and honey? That's what I do after workouts since I work out in the AM, trying to nail all my carbs right after. Get big buddy!

Aww man, the honey is awesome! I'd never really had sweet potato before either, and I've been going crazy with that already - cutting it into circles, fries and mashing it..

That's one thing I love about this game: It's made me learn how to cook (and it turns out I really enjoy cooking) and it's made me try new things.

I tried venison for the first time last night. It's good! And I had chicken hearts not long ago... Odd, but not bad either. Suggestions on meals are welcome!

Tiger
01-10-12, 7:29 am
Damn, I'm so full all the time! I'm forcing this food down!

Currently trying to figure out the exact amounts of everything I should be having... Might be a bit of trial and error here!

Destroyed back on Sunday, and then took it easy yesterday. Chest this morning was good too - cable flyes into push ups into "hugging the ground"!

I would also like to officially apologise for the name of this thread. I couldn't resist.

Tiger
01-11-12, 9:20 am
This is what I'm going with just now (values found from various online sources). I might try a little less protein and some more carbs - don't want much more calories than that just now. Think I've been eating too much before this - probably been putting on a little excess fat in the last 2 weeks...

Cals Pro Car Fat

3 eggs 213 18 0 15
2% Milk (300ml) 156 10.2 14.4 6
Instant Oats (100g) 388 8.5 70.7 7.9
Honey (squeeze) 43 0 12 0

Whey (2 scoops) 196 41 1.5 1.7
Instant Oats (100g) 388 8.5 70.7 7.9
Haribo (mini) 138 2.6 31.6 0.1

Chicken (80g) 132 24.8 0 3.2
Sweet Potato (200g) 180 4 41 0

Chicken (80g) 132 24.8 0 3.2

Salmon (100g) 179 20 0 10

Fillet Steak (140g) 268 40 0 11.9

3 eggs 213 18 0 15

Total 3166 232.4 364.9 81.9

Tiger
01-11-12, 9:25 am
The above post was a lot more structured when I submitted it - I hope you can get the jist of it! I also have some broccoli or something green in with the meat and potato meals.

Also, some measurements in for the start of this journey:

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 186lbs

Arms: 16''
Chest: 42'' (I think - memory may be wrong)
Waist: 34''
Legs: 25''
Calves: 16.5'' (also not sure - I wrote this down at home and will correct if I'm wrong)

Looking to get some serious mass on this year! Time to step up to the next level!

Tiger
01-13-12, 5:41 am
This week has been good.

Monday - Light cardio/jacuzzi/rest day
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Back
Thursday - Shoulders and Arms

Today - Legs

Damn, I love doing legs! Start off with some light squats, then hut some heavier squats for 5 sets. Quad extensions - 3 sets. Calf horse raises - 3 sets. Stiff leg deadlifts - 5 sets.

Taking tomorrow off.

Tiger
01-13-12, 9:43 am
A quick note of what I'm supplementing with:

5:30 - Animal Test
6:00 - Animal Stak, Multi
6:30 - Gym...
*NOTE* I just found some Animal Nitro for pretty cheap, so I'm going to start throwing those down before I hit the showers, then...
8:30 - Whey + Instant Oats, Flaxseed Oil
10:00 - Animal Flex, Uni-livers (x5)
13:00 - CLA, Uni-livers (x5)
15:30 - Multi, Flaxseed Oil, Uni-livers (x5)
19:00 - CLA, Uni-livers (x5)
21:00 - GH Max (x6)

Tiger
01-16-12, 4:45 am
I am DESTROYED!

Yesterday was back - and we had a new recruit training with us. When there's someone new to our group I like to break them in nice and hard! Lead by example and show them the type of intensity that's required.

Same again today. My chest got the works! On top of that, I did some dips and managed without any elbow problems... I'm thinking it might be time to start adding weight to my dips, but I'll need to invest in a belt.

BACK
Wide grip pulldown
Rows
Rear Delt/One arm DB Row (superset)
Seated cable row
Drag curls

CHEST
DB Press
Incline DB Press
Dips/Cable Flyes/Push ups (tri-set)
Tricep Rope Pulldown

Tiger
01-17-12, 12:24 pm
Today is some well deserved rest.

I'm hitting it hard in the gym, and I'm resting hard too! Got my solid 8 hour sleep last night, and got up this morning and hut the jacuzzi (superset with steam room).

Focus and intensity are through the roof just now... I will become the best I can be!

Tiger
02-01-12, 11:57 am
Quick update since I've been struggling to get on recently...

Weight is up to 191.2lbs.

Pushed myself with squats and leg press (amongst other things) on Sunday and I can walk properly again today!

Squats - 15 reps at 60KG, 12 reps at 100KG, 2 sets of 12 at 120KG and then I went for a 3rd set and failed on my 9th rep...

Leg Press - we finished up with a drop set. I had to crawl out of the set and pull myself up onto a bench.

Quick measure of my arm and I'm up to 16.5'' - which I didn't expect. I'll need to measure everything again in a week or two.

Overall, I feel awesome.

Quick word on Animal PM. I had a fantastic sleep last night. I usually sleep well, but DAMN!

Tiger
02-24-12, 5:08 am
Long overdue update.

Last weigh in was up to 194lbs. Going well, and I'm feeling good. For a while I think I was a bit bloated, but it seems to be coming down and to quote one of the guys I go to the gym with:

"You were looking like you were putting on too much fat for a week there, but it's came back down. You're going well."

I probably owe a bit of that to Carnage for his tips on anti-oxidants and timings for certain vitamins and minerals.

I'm really focusing on targeting my primary muscles during lifts. Perhaps not lifting as heavy as I was before, but I'm lifting with a slower, controlled negative (4 - 6 seconds) and a explosive positive. Squeezing as hard as possible with each rep.

I got a Animal "Rage" t-shirt with my Rage sample from BB.com (I bought it primarily for the t-shirt). It's an XL and it's pretty big on me. I wear a Large, but I want to keep pushing and get up to fitting that XL in about 2 years.

Real Gains arrived yesterday. Got the banana flavour for £33.50 (big tub - not big bag). I'm throwing a half serving in at around 12. Diet is now looking like this:

3 eggs
Spinach

Post workout shake + Haribo

Chicken, sweet potato, green veg

Smoothie or Real Gains

Chicken, sweet potato, green veg

Salmon and green veg

Steak and green veg

3 eggs

As always, I'm happy with any comments and tips.

Lets do some growing!

Tiger
03-14-12, 7:58 am
198lbs.

Growing fast. Growing strong.

Just tried Universal Torrent - it's pretty good. I also got my Animal Straps yesterday - just in time for a morning of stiff legged deadlifts! Ripped that shit up!

Did a few sets without the straps, and when my forearms started giving way I started using the straps.

Just blasted my hamstrings this morning. Chest tomorrow. Back on Friday.

Compared a pic of me now and when I was 180lbs, and there's a noticeable difference in my shoulders and arms. Not much change elsewhere, apart from less definition in the abs - fuck it, I've never been a fan of abs anyways!

I see people training abs every morning and I just think they're wasting their time. When I was cutting I would be asked what I was doing to bring my abs out like there was a secret exercise - I got some weird looks when I told them all I did was squat and deadlift as heavy as possible!

But yeah, fuck abs - I don't like the beach anyways!

JoshLandry
03-14-12, 8:43 am
looks like a solid plan you have going for you. deff when bulking don't worry too much about fat gain you will gain BF it's impossible to Bulk with out gaining BF. just don't let it get out of control. I'll keep checking up with your progress looking forward to it buddy!

Tiger
03-19-12, 8:29 am
Up to 199.8lbs... So close to that 200, but I'm not going to rush it. I'll keep eating solid and I'll get to where I want to eventually.

Big back day on Friday - got some new PR's for bent over barbell row - hut 10 reps at 85KG and then hut 4 reps at 95KG.

Quads took a bashing yesterday - pre-exhausted with some leg press, and then squatted ATG with a pause at the bottom. Felt rough, but awesome at the same time.

Had an epic cheat on Saturday night - pop tart ice cream sandwich! Toasted pop tarts, with 2 scoops of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream in between - attacked with a spoon! I don't know if I mentioned about this before, but I had a dream about doing this (Animal PM induced) and finally lived it out... Damn good!

Tiger
04-19-12, 7:28 am
Damn... Time can fly!

I've still been hitting the gym hard, eating right (with an occasional cheat meal), and getting my 8 hours a night - but work and other things have restricted access to the internet.

TBH, I hate the internet. I hate things like Facebook. They're the biggest waste of time in my opinion. People living their online lives and forgetting to do anything constructive with their actual life...

Those who I speak to and care about have my phone number. If you want to invite me to some event then actually invite me - don't send me any requests or whatever on Facebook.

Anyways... I got completely off topic there!

I'm off to Aus on the 3rd May. 3 week holiday - I could use the time away from work, and some time in the sun. There's no sun in Scotland, and even though it's winter in Aus right now, it's probably about 16 degrees hotter there...

I've got a gym lined up. I've got some Animal Pak, Nitro and Real Gains waiting for me when I arrive. And I've got time to relax without any of life's stresses.

2 weeks to go.

Solid Dreams
04-19-12, 8:33 am
Damn... Time can fly!

I've still been hitting the gym hard, eating right (with an occasional cheat meal), and getting my 8 hours a night - but work and other things have restricted access to the internet.

TBH, I hate the internet. I hate things like Facebook. They're the biggest waste of time in my opinion. People living their online lives and forgetting to do anything constructive with their actual life...

Those who I speak to and care about have my phone number. If you want to invite me to some event then actually invite me - don't send me any requests or whatever on Facebook.

Anyways... I got completely off topic there!

I'm off to Aus on the 3rd May. 3 week holiday - I could use the time away from work, and some time in the sun. There's no sun in Scotland, and even though it's winter in Aus right now, it's probably about 16 degrees hotter there...

I've got a gym lined up. I've got some Animal Pak, Nitro and Real Gains waiting for me when I arrive. And I've got time to relax without any of life's stresses.

2 weeks to go.

Noice! Have fun in Australia buddy, don't let the tons of dangerous critters get you. (Cracked articles are much worse than FB in my opinion for wasting your time!)

Are you in the scenic area of Scotland? I'd like to go there again now that I'm actually old enough to, you know, remember anything. Countdown begins!

Tiger
04-19-12, 9:54 am
Noice! Have fun in Australia buddy, don't let the tons of dangerous critters get you. (Cracked articles are much worse than FB in my opinion for wasting your time!)

Are you in the scenic area of Scotland? I'd like to go there again now that I'm actually old enough to, you know, remember anything. Countdown begins!

Them darn critters ain't getting near me! Haha. Arachnophobia may be confronted head on!

Nah, I'm in the Granite City (Aberdeen). I've heard it get called the Silver City by tourists before - apparently when the sun hits the granite it shines like silver. Shame there's never any sun! Haha.

A lot of nice places to visit here though. If we had a better climate then Scotland would be amazing!

Tiger
04-20-12, 3:58 am
Ok, so this week has seen some personal record breaking going on!

Chest - DB Press - 37.5KG (strict form)
Biceps - BB Curl - 40KG (strict form + cheating some extra reps)
Shoulders - DB Press - 30KG (strict form)
Back - Cable Rows - 110KG (some swinging - but not excessive)

Weight was up to 203.2lbs on Tues - so I'm up about 3-4 lbs in the last month.

Tiger
04-24-12, 7:17 am
Hut legs pretty hard yesterday - super-setting hack squat machine with leg press since the squat rack was taken.

Chest this morning:

Incline Bench
Incline Flyes
Flat Bench
Cable Flyes - super-set with cable press (our Spider-Man's as my mate keeps calling them) once I couldn't manage anymore

Getting excited about training in a different gym in Aus! Although I can't see a squat rack in the pics... I'll need to check that out and see what else they have.

Tiger
04-27-12, 10:37 am
Had an awesome Angus Burger last night w/ Sweet Potato Fries - got me all fueled up for back this morning!

Started off with deadlifts and I left it all out there - struggled to put as much into the rest of the workout after that!

Going to see The Avengers tonight! Time to get my geek on! Wonder how many times I'll be told I look like Thor this time?

Off day tomorrow, and I think it's well earned!

Solid Dreams
04-27-12, 10:45 am
Had an awesome Angus Burger last night w/ Sweet Potato Fries - got me all fueled up for back this morning!

Started off with deadlifts and I left it all out there - struggled to put as much into the rest of the workout after that!

Going to see The Avengers tonight! Time to get my geek on! Wonder how many times I'll be told I look like Thor this time?

Off day tomorrow, and I think it's well earned!

I get the thor comments, but its usually "Thor, what happened to your hair?!" Fuck those guys. Have fun buddy, geekin out is always the best.

Tiger
04-27-12, 11:17 am
Haha - well, being bigger than average joe's on the street with long blonde hair and facial hair is maybe asking for the comparison. I may get the golden locks cut off soon though... It'll be a sad day!

Tiger
05-01-12, 9:02 am
So, I've seen the Avengers twice so far, and I'm going again on Monday when I'm in Aus.

The second time, when I was getting my ticket stamped the guy looked at me and said "Hey, you look like the Thor!" I was just like "Yeah, thanks..." Haha.

Back to business - I did set after set of squats on Sunday... Not sure how many...

Chest yesterday morning - started off on incline again. I'm going to keep hitting this first for a few weeks. I also did some super-sets of incline flyes and flat flyes... Got an insane pump from that!

Arms this morning, and rest was kept to a minimum. Focused on triceps first, and finished up with negatives on skull crushers. Then, once I'd hut biceps I went for some negatives on the preacher curls.

Gotta love when it's hard to wash your hair in the showers afterwards...

Tiger
05-01-12, 9:52 am
While I'm updating...

I've been getting all my carbs in Post Workout recently - almost like back loading (see Aggressions Back Loading to Sexyness thread). Basically, I've been trying to minimize fat gains before going away to Aus, but once I'm there I'm just going for it when it comes to food.

You won't find much better than an Aussie steak, so I'm going to be filling my boots. I've got some very basic supps sorted out for over there:

Real Gains
Pak
Nitro

To get through it all, I'm going to be having half servings of Real Gains a few times a day on training days, and whatever I feel like on off days. 2 paks of Pak a day. 4 paks of Nitro per session (1 pre, 1 intra, 2 post (with grape juice)).

I feel like I've made decent gains in the last few months, and I've intentionally been more maintenance/slow gains the last few weeks in preparation for going all guns blazing on holiday.

Training is going to be 1 day on, 1 day off - so I'll be getting quality rest before I hit the next muscle group - and I won't be spending my entire holiday in the gym.

Also, I've managed to source how to watch the FA Cup Final on my first night there. C'mon Liverpool!

Tiger
06-04-12, 6:10 am
I've slowly been catching up on everything, so it's time to update this here log...

Aus was awesome. Sun every day and around 28 degrees (in winter!!!) - and now I'm back in Scotland to our 10 degree summer...

I hut the gym pretty much every 2nd day. Animal Pak twice a day. Universal Real Gains every now and then. Animal Nitro by the bucketful! Heh. There were 2 days that I took 6 paks of Nitro - 2 pre, 1 intra and 3 post with some grape juice.

I also had steak pretty much every day. I stuffed myself! They'd got in eggs, spinach, steaks, chickens, sweet potato's and all that kind of stuff for me getting there, so I was well fed.

I was 204lbs when I left, and came back 3 weeks later at my heaviest - 213lbs. Some of that was some decent gains, but most of it was excess, heh.

Since I've been back I've changed up to a 4 day split, and 2 days of cardio with one completely off day. Cutting back on food too - try and lose a little bit of that excess while (and this is the main bit) getting my appetite back.

3 weeks of indulgences has left me not really hungry, but I've got a good 6 months of bulking. Time to change it up for a little bit so I can get another 6 months of bulking hopefully.

Leg day yesterday - if you've read through any of this then you'll know I love leg days! Yesterday was my first time I've managed 10 sets of squats, although I tend to get a lot of lower back pain after more than 5 sets. I haven't been able to figure it out, because it usually disappears after a short while, and it's not so much a muscular pain but a massive pump feeling... Not really sure what that's about, but I've had my trainer partner check my technique every set and he said it's spot on.

Chest this morning. I've started doing a heavy set (6 - 8 reps) and then my next set dropping the weight and pushing out 20 reps. Really enjoying it! Getting some massive pumps!

Current split:
Sun - Legs
Mon - Chest + Bi's
Tues - Cardio
Wed - Back
Thurs - Cardio
Fri - Shoulders + Tri's
Sat - Rest

Tiger
06-04-12, 12:28 pm
Also, placed another order for a new Universal t-shirt (black), Animal green (charity edition) and another red t-shirt (my one is getting pretty worn out).

Gotta love how they fit!

Tiger
06-07-12, 12:25 pm
Received a big bag of Ultra Whey Pro last night. That should do me a while (hopefully).

After my 10 sets of squats I've been struggling to walk - to the extent that I couldn't do deadlifts yesterday. May change my split next week and do Shoulders and Tri's on Wed and Back on Fri. Hopefully my back won't be too buggered for legs on Sunday.

Quite happy with how I'm getting on with bent over rows, and cable rows.

Diet's been good, but I needed a cheat meal last night. Burger and Sweet Potato Fries. Awesome! Today's a low carb/cardio day.

Good news is my appetite is coming back, and I think in a little while I'll start adding more carbs to my meals again. Maybe even throw in another meal. I'll build up to it.

mcbeast
06-07-12, 12:43 pm
Good stuff in here Thor & way to stay on track even while on vacation. Where exactly in Aus did you go, what did you do? I would love to make it over there one day. Ireland is my first stop though!

Solid Dreams
06-07-12, 1:52 pm
I've slowly been catching up on everything, so it's time to update this here log...

Aus was awesome. Sun every day and around 28 degrees (in winter!!!) - and now I'm back in Scotland to our 10 degree summer...

I hut the gym pretty much every 2nd day. Animal Pak twice a day. Universal Real Gains every now and then. Animal Nitro by the bucketful! Heh. There were 2 days that I took 6 paks of Nitro - 2 pre, 1 intra and 3 post with some grape juice.

I also had steak pretty much every day. I stuffed myself! They'd got in eggs, spinach, steaks, chickens, sweet potato's and all that kind of stuff for me getting there, so I was well fed.

I was 204lbs when I left, and came back 3 weeks later at my heaviest - 213lbs. Some of that was some decent gains, but most of it was excess, heh.

Since I've been back I've changed up to a 4 day split, and 2 days of cardio with one completely off day. Cutting back on food too - try and lose a little bit of that excess while (and this is the main bit) getting my appetite back.

3 weeks of indulgences has left me not really hungry, but I've got a good 6 months of bulking. Time to change it up for a little bit so I can get another 6 months of bulking hopefully.

Leg day yesterday - if you've read through any of this then you'll know I love leg days! Yesterday was my first time I've managed 10 sets of squats, although I tend to get a lot of lower back pain after more than 5 sets. I haven't been able to figure it out, because it usually disappears after a short while, and it's not so much a muscular pain but a massive pump feeling... Not really sure what that's about, but I've had my trainer partner check my technique every set and he said it's spot on.

Chest this morning. I've started doing a heavy set (6 - 8 reps) and then my next set dropping the weight and pushing out 20 reps. Really enjoying it! Getting some massive pumps!

Current split:
Sun - Legs
Mon - Chest + Bi's
Tues - Cardio
Wed - Back
Thurs - Cardio
Fri - Shoulders + Tri's
Sat - Rest
Did you get the 10 lb bag of UWP? I recently switched to back+tris and chest+bis, and I'm loving it. But I also put back first, and legs last, put as much distance between the two as I could.

Tiger
06-08-12, 4:03 am
Good stuff in here Thor & way to stay on track even while on vacation. Where exactly in Aus did you go, what did you do? I would love to make it over there one day. Ireland is my first stop though!

Thanks man! I was in Brisbane - amazing place! Went to Movie World and was a bit scared I was too heavy for the Scooby Doo ride, but I was fine!

If you end up heading to Ireland feel free to stop in past Scotland first.

Tiger
06-08-12, 4:07 am
Did you get the 10 lb bag of UWP? I recently switched to back+tris and chest+bis, and I'm loving it. But I also put back first, and legs last, put as much distance between the two as I could.

Yeah, 10lb bag - makes my pile of supps look huge! Haha.

I think I'm definitely going to have to move the order around. If I move my Back day to Friday and keep Legs on Sunday then I should be fine for Deadlifting and then Squatting (fingers crossed).

Tiger
06-08-12, 4:24 am
Shoulders and Tri's this morning. Woke up - prepped my shakes - and my training buddy text saying he'd just woke up... Bastard! I replied telling him to grab his shit and be outside in 5 mins. Went and picked him up (which is a pain in the ass because he's 10 mins in the wrong direction of the gym) and we rolled into the gym a bit later than usual.

Less time, but I still wanted to hit everything, so hardly any rest between sets.

Shoulder press, smith machine press, rear delt machine, side raises.

Weighted bench dips and then finished with skull crushers.

Done!

Tiger
06-11-12, 10:56 am
Really shook things up yesterday on leg day!

Started off with some light hack squats and some light stiff legged deadlifts to get some blood flowing, and then on the spur of the moment decided I was enjoying it and set up a little tri-set for me and my buddy.

Hack Squats > Leg Press > Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Did that for 5 sets with a normal shoulder width stance, and then changed up to some narrow stance. By the time I was on my last few sets I was having to roll off the leg press and pull myself up to hit the SLDL's.

Hut some leg curls after, but with a bit less weight and more squeezing and slow negatives.

After all that I was pretty destroyed, but I busted out some calf work. I wanted to get it over with as soon as possible though, so I was supersetting between the 2 calve machines and getting a mean burn.

Cardio this morning. It's a guy at works birthday tomorrow, so I swapped my chest day to tomorrow so I can make some kind of excuse to allow for a slice or two, haha.

Tiger
06-12-12, 6:51 am
Chest and biceps this morning. I have to say, I've never been a big fan of Chest and Bi's, because it just didn't make sense to me... Chest and Tri's made sense - Tri's get hit during Chest, so finish them off after.

I have to say, after this morning I'm convinced! Chest and Bi's is awesome! For some reason, I had a bit of a pump in my biceps before I hit them. So once I was targeting them directly they felt like they could burst!

On the topic of chest, I did X amount of sets on a slight decline bench (can't remember how many sets, but I kept nudging the weight up until I could only manage 6 reps and then started stripping it back down). Followed up with Incline bench, but not as many sets I think...

Flyes and Machine Press after that, and then barbell curls/hammer curls/concentration curls to hit the biceps.

Tiger
06-13-12, 10:59 am
Shoulders and Tri's

Military Press
Side Raises
DB Press
Rear Delt machine

Weighted bench dips
Tricep extensions

I was in a bit of a rush this morning unfortunately, but I bashed through everything without too much rest, and stuck some super-sets in with the side raises and DB Press.

Making a steak stir fry tonight - mushrooms, beansprouts, baby corn, peppers, steak cut into strips, and then I'm going to add some low sodium Soy sauce and a fair amount of ginger. That'll do me for tonight, and hopefully have some for 2 meals tomorrow too.

Tiger
06-15-12, 5:01 am
Yesterday was cardio. 40 mins on a treadmill - kept the heartbeat at around 140 and was brisk walking on an incline.

Today - back. 10 sets of deadlifts - put the weight up until the 8th set and then last 2 sets were down. Think the weight topped out at about 200lb for 9 reps, although I try to focus more on the negative and really keep the tension on my upper back.

On that topic, is there a real difference between doing this and the powerlifting form for deadlifts? In my quest to increase muscle mass I'm constantly trying to keep my muscles under tension for longer periods of time while still using as much weight as I can, whereas I can definitely see the merit of lifting as much as possible (less time under tension, but more tension in general, I suppose?).

Don't know if many people check in here so I might take that topic to another section of the forum.

Anyways, after deadlifts I did some cable rows, lat pulldowns and then some machine pullovers. 10 sets of deadlifts really takes it out of you though...

Kowboy
06-15-12, 8:32 am
I am up for deadlifts today, I am still using hte 531. I am not sure how much mass I am putting on which is driving me crazy but my strength is going up. I do the 3 working sets then follow it w/ the 5 x 10 for the BBB and it burns me out.

Tiger
06-15-12, 9:20 am
I am up for deadlifts today, I am still using hte 531. I am not sure how much mass I am putting on which is driving me crazy but my strength is going up. I do the 3 working sets then follow it w/ the 5 x 10 for the BBB and it burns me out.

Nice. I've heard a lot of people talking about 5/3/1 but I've never looked into it... May be interesting to try out at some point in the future.

Kowboy
06-15-12, 9:23 am
It is really helping me up my numbers for a lot of the lifts.

Tiger
06-15-12, 9:37 am
More strength = heavier weight = more tension. Think it would benefit me in the long run with bodybuilding?

Tiger
06-18-12, 7:36 am
I felt like ass all weekend!

It was my mate's birthday on Friday, so we went round to his for some drinks and then went in town (at which point I stopped drinking). But all night my throat was a bit sore...

Then the next day my nose was blocked - throat was worse - and I just felt a bit lethargic. After a night out this would probably be due to a hangover, but I didn't drink very much.

Anyways, I pushed through a leg workout yesterday, but my back was a bit spent from Friday and I was struggling to breath properly, so I got gassed pretty quick.

No squats yesterday. BLASPHEMY! I know...

Leg extensions
Leg press
Leg curls
Calf horse
Calf extensions

That was me pretty spent!

Feeling better today, so I had a better day today!

Decline bench 3 x (175x12) - most I've done in a while
Incline bench
Pec deck flye
Machine bicep curls
Hammer curls

I'll get to bed early tonight and hopefully I'll be 100% for Shoulders on Wed!

GUNS
06-19-12, 5:16 am
Seen you pop in on a couple threads I follow and wanted to see whats going on in here? I didnt want to highjack anyone elses thread. I am in the military and did a tour over in Edzel. While there I did a Bodybuilding show in Edinburgh. It was the 1991 Mr Edina. I placed 2nd overall. It was down in some basement of a pub. Pretty dungeon like atmosphere. Pretty awesome city! Beautiful country!

Tiger
06-19-12, 5:40 am
Seen you pop in on a couple threads I follow and wanted to see whats going on in here? I didnt want to highjack anyone elses thread. I am in the military and did a tour over in Edzel. While there I did a Bodybuilding show in Edinburgh. It was the 1991 Mr Edina. I placed 2nd overall. It was down in some basement of a pub. Pretty dungeon like atmosphere. Pretty awesome city! Beautiful country!

Thanks for stopping in past. Edinburgh's nice - I've got some mates down there so I try and get down as often as possible. That sounds awesome - hopefully I'll be doing the same thing in a few years!

Tiger
06-19-12, 5:46 am
30 mins of cardio this morning. Think I'm going to get back to serious bulking as of Monday, but I'm going to try and keep the cardio up too (Fuck!).

Starting to get damn hungry again, but I'll just start off with a little extra oats post workout, and maybe even use milk again.

Tiger
06-19-12, 9:04 am
On a more personal note, I've got a dog over in Australia (one of the reasons I was over there earlier). A golden retriever, named Hope.

On Sunday she was put down. They confirmed stomach cancer on Friday and two days later my puppy was put down. Almost a year old.

I didn't really want to put a down note on this Journey, but I guess this is an important part of my Journey, and I haven't really had anyone to open up to about this...

So, brothers, if anyone stopping in by would like to spare a moment of thought for Hope I'd appreciate that. She was the best behaved puppy I've ever met, and she shouldn't have been taken so early.

Kowboy
06-19-12, 9:21 am
On a more personal note, I've got a dog over in Australia (one of the reasons I was over there earlier). A golden retriever, named Hope.

On Sunday she was put down. They confirmed stomach cancer on Friday and two days later my puppy was put down. Almost a year old.

I didn't really want to put a down note on this Journey, but I guess this is an important part of my Journey, and I haven't really had anyone to open up to about this...

So, brothers, if anyone stopping in by would like to spare a moment of thought for Hope I'd appreciate that. She was the best behaved puppy I've ever met, and she shouldn't have been taken so early.

Sorry for your loss, regardless of what a lot of people think a dog is a family member. In my experience they love unconditionally regardless of what you have done to them. they never seem to have a bad day. It is sad to see something like this go down. I have been there before and feel for ya man.

GUNS
06-19-12, 10:30 am
Thought are with you. They are truely our best of friends!

Tiger
06-20-12, 5:15 am
Thanks - just brings to light how quickly something like that can happen. Shit is scary.

I've got two dogs at home who're 12 and 10 (although the 10 year old still thinks she's about 3), so I'll probably be going through this all again some time in the not too distant future.

On a positive note, I gave them peanut butter for the first time last night. If you have a dog and you haven't tried this yet then I highly recommend it!

Tiger
06-20-12, 5:20 am
Best shoulders day in a while:

DB Press
Rear Delt Flyes (on Pec Deck)
Side Raises
Front Raises
SM Press

Tri's:

Tricep Pulldown
Bench Dips
Rope Pulldown

New PB on Bench Dips (just started them recently) - did a set with two 25KG plates and a 15KG plate on my lap and did a drop set. Only managed about 3 reps with my bodyweight after the plates had been taken off.

Really feeling my rear delts on the Pec Deck too - I think they're one of my weakest area's, so to actually start to really feel them is a relief. Just a matter of time now before they get brought up (I hope).

Massive pump today though - I looked about twice my size across my shoulders.

Tiger
06-22-12, 3:48 am
I'm starting to wonder which day is my favourite: Legs or Back.

BB Rows
Lat Pulldowns
Cable Rows
Rack Pulls

This was my first time doing Rack Pulls, and I felt like a bad ass! Haha. Forearms are destroyed! Back is destroyed! Fucking awesome!

I managed 220x21 on the Rack Pulls, which I'm pretty happy with for my first go at them. Rack Pulls vs Deadlifts... ? Hmm... I think I love both a bit too much!

I love BB Rows too - increased the weight until I could only manage 6-8 reps, and then the next set I dropped the weight down and did some underhand grip rows.

Gonna get some thickness - who's with me?!

Kowboy
06-22-12, 7:18 am
I have back tonight, I am pretty stoked. deads are by far my best lift right now.

Tiger
06-22-12, 7:45 am
I have back tonight, I am pretty stoked. deads are by far my best lift right now.

Sweet - Kill it! I'll be checking your Journey to see how you get on.

Kowboy
06-22-12, 7:47 am
Sweet - Kill it! I'll be checking your Journey to see how you get on.

Tonight is triples so it should be a good one!

GUNS
06-22-12, 10:19 am
I'm starting to wonder which day is my favourite: Legs or Back.

BB Rows
Lat Pulldowns
Cable Rows
Rack Pulls

This was my first time doing Rack Pulls, and I felt like a bad ass! Haha. Forearms are destroyed! Back is destroyed! Fucking awesome!

I managed 220x21 on the Rack Pulls, which I'm pretty happy with for my first go at them. Rack Pulls vs Deadlifts... ? Hmm... I think I love both a bit too much!

I love BB Rows too - increased the weight until I could only manage 6-8 reps, and then the next set I dropped the weight down and did some underhand grip rows.

Gonna get some thickness - who's with me?!

I like racks because they do not agg. my lumbar. They can be fun! Solid work!

Tiger
06-22-12, 11:30 am
Thanks Guns - I think I'm going to rotate them and Deadlifts, but I think I prefer the Rack Pulls!

Thinking of placing an order for some more supps:

5 x Animal Pak
2 x Animal Nitro
2 x Uni Glutamine
1 x Uni EAA Stack
2 x Uni Torrent (Green Apple flavour)
2 x Uni Creatine Mono

I haven't used Animal Pak in a fair while, so if I pick up 5 cans then that should do me for a while. Thinking of going for 2 Paks a day.

Anyone tried the Green Apple Torrent? The Cherry's ok, but I thought the Sour Citrus was amazing! I sometimes mix in a little Grape juice with it.

Solid Dreams
06-22-12, 11:52 am
I like CBB and Green Apple the most, sour citrus really brings out the hydrolyzed protein taste (which isnt a good thing). EAA stack might be too much, that's the one with dextrose right? If it isn't, disregard what I said LOL

Now you gotta do rack deads with a stupidly high amount of weight so you can feel like superman!

Tiger
06-22-12, 12:03 pm
I like CBB and Green Apple the most, sour citrus really brings out the hydrolyzed protein taste (which isnt a good thing). EAA stack might be too much, that's the one with dextrose right? If it isn't, disregard what I said LOL

Now you gotta do rack deads with a stupidly high amount of weight so you can feel like superman!

I don't usually like going for 2 tubs of something without trying the taste out first, but I don't think Green Apple can go too far wrong!

Consider it disregarded, haha. You're thinking of EAA Nitro, I think? I'm just going for the EAA's with 0 carbs. Taking that first thing in the morning with Glutamine just now (an hour before the gym).

That's the plan! I wasn't going too heavy today to make sure I was nailing the technique. Got a massive pump though, and my traps looked like I'd been doing shrugs for about a week! Was wearing my yellow Universal t-shirt with pride too!

Next: More plates!

Solid Dreams
06-22-12, 12:04 pm
I don't usually like going for 2 tubs of something without trying the taste out first, but I don't think Green Apple can go too far wrong!

Consider it disregarded, haha. You're thinking of EAA Nitro, I think? I'm just going for the EAA's with 0 carbs. Taking that first thing in the morning with Glutamine just now (an hour before the gym).

That's the plan! I wasn't going too heavy today to make sure I was nailing the technique. Got a massive pump though, and my traps looked like I'd been doing shrugs for about a week! Was wearing my yellow Universal t-shirt with pride too!

Next: More plates!

Good! Go whole hog my man (just dont hurt yourself!) I'm really sad I never tried Torrent until recently, I feel like it's a game changer in how I recover.

GUNS
06-22-12, 12:43 pm
Thanks Guns - I think I'm going to rotate them and Deadlifts, but I think I prefer the Rack Pulls!

Thinking of placing an order for some more supps:

5 x Animal Pak
2 x Animal Nitro
2 x Uni Glutamine
1 x Uni EAA Stack
2 x Uni Torrent (Green Apple flavour)
2 x Uni Creatine Mono

I haven't used Animal Pak in a fair while, so if I pick up 5 cans then that should do me for a while. Thinking of going for 2 Paks a day.

Anyone tried the Green Apple Torrent? The Cherry's ok, but I thought the Sour Citrus was amazing! I sometimes mix in a little Grape juice with it.

I do rotate between the two. You like them cause you can go heavy! lol!

Looks like one hell of an order. I would not go 2 Pak's a day. Dont think you need it. Green Apple torrent is my favorite flavor of all the U supps.

Kowboy
06-22-12, 12:44 pm
I have the green apple, it isn't bad at all. I wouldnt say it was super awesome either but I have had way worse shit lol.

Tiger
06-25-12, 4:55 am
3 sets of Hack Squats to get warmed up

Squat rack was busy, so I hut some Leg Press - can't remember how many sets I did, but I was feeling pretty dizzy/sick, so I must have been pushing it.

Then I got on the squat rack and managed 3 sets (very little rest between sets) before I failed - lay on the ground looking at the ceiling for a little bit, haha.

Followed up by hitting my hammies hard with leg curls (alternated heavy sets with lighter sets - going up to 50 reps).

Then I did a tri-set of calves - feet pointing out/in/straight - 20 reps each angle.

Tiger
06-25-12, 5:37 am
Legs were yesterday BTW - I should have maybe said that.

Today was Chest and Bi's - currently aiming to hit 3 sets of 12 at 175 on the Decline Bench. Today I managed 2 sets of 12, and then 10 on my last set. Almost there. But I'm trying to keep the negative slow and controlled and then get a big squeeze at the top... I feel a big difference like this.

Followed this up with DB Flyes, Incline DB Press and then did some bicep curls on a pulley with a rope (heavy/light alternating sets) and then changed it to a straight bar.

GUNS
06-25-12, 8:23 am
Legs were yesterday BTW - I should have maybe said that.

Today was Chest and Bi's - currently aiming to hit 3 sets of 12 at 175 on the Decline Bench. Today I managed 2 sets of 12, and then 10 on my last set. Almost there. But I'm trying to keep the negative slow and controlled and then get a big squeeze at the top... I feel a big difference like this.

Followed this up with DB Flyes, Incline DB Press and then did some bicep curls on a pulley with a rope (heavy/light alternating sets) and then changed it to a straight bar.

Your doing it right though, negative is so important, and the contraction is as well. Good on you for doing it the right way.

Tiger
06-25-12, 9:04 am
Your doing it right though, negative is so important, and the contraction is as well. Good on you for doing it the right way.

Don't got time to be doing it wrong! ;)

GUNS
06-25-12, 10:36 am
Don't got time to be doing it wrong! ;)

I always said, if you cant find time to do it right the first time, when you going to find time to do it right the 2nd time!

Solid Dreams
06-25-12, 10:41 am
That's how I've been feeling lately. I've been getting really paranoid about doing everything right, because I feel like I'm on a short timer where if I fail really early I'll never get anywhere.

Tiger
06-25-12, 12:07 pm
That's how I've been feeling lately. I've been getting really paranoid about doing everything right, because I feel like I'm on a short timer where if I fail really early I'll never get anywhere.

I don't think many people have got far by doing things wrong.

Tiger
06-25-12, 12:13 pm

I don't think many people have got far by doing things wrong.

Tiger
06-26-12, 7:58 am
Cardio sucks.

Kowboy
06-26-12, 8:02 am
I was told last week that I let the weight down to slow on my BP. Not sure why I do it but I just always lower it slowly when I get to the heavy sets. It may be what burns me out but the first one especially is always slower than the rest on the way down.

GUNS
06-26-12, 8:56 am
I was told last week that I let the weight down to slow on my BP. Not sure why I do it but I just always lower it slowly when I get to the heavy sets. It may be what burns me out but the first one especially is always slower than the rest on the way down.

If it works for you, keep doing it. I am a slow bencher as well. I have always controlled that negative. I have never bounced the bar, well except this one time where I dropped 225 on my chest from full arm extension. And I have never been a fast bencher. Seem to irritate the hell out of my shoulders if I go too fast.

Kowboy
06-26-12, 9:29 am
If it works for you, keep doing it. I am a slow bencher as well. I have always controlled that negative. I have never bounced the bar, well except this one time where I dropped 225 on my chest from full arm extension. And I have never been a fast bencher. Seem to irritate the hell out of my shoulders if I go too fast.

Yeah, I didnt start doing it like this until after I had my plates installed. My thoughts are if I get it done then why does it matter? But I guess sometimes everyone expects you to lift like them.

Tiger
06-26-12, 9:32 am
How slow do you guys work the negative?

I'm usually down for 4 and then up in 1 or 2 (depending how much I'm struggling).

Kowboy
06-26-12, 9:54 am
I honestly dont count it on mine. I just do what feels right. I actually do the same thing on dips, I go slow on the first one and usually pick up the pace after wards. I am assuming the plate and screws in my shoulder is the reason. For me it is probably why my bench isn't super high.

GUNS
06-26-12, 11:08 am
I dont necessarily count my time. I just go on feel. But I do try to explode up on my compounds and some other work.

Solid Dreams
06-26-12, 12:09 pm
I'm pretty sure going down slowly on BP is more important than bouncing the weight off your chest.

Tiger
06-27-12, 6:04 am
I think my shoulders are starting to catch up...

Shoulders:
DB Press - pyramid up to 2 sets of 55'sx10 and back down (again, slow negative)
SM Press
Rear Delt Flyes Machine
Seated Side Raises

Triceps:
Rope Pulldown
Skullcrushers
Straight bar Pulldown (Overhand/Underhand - 20 reps each)
Cable Kickbacks to finish up

Sick burn throughout - me and my training partner were just going set after set, so the only rest we really got was during the other guys set and while we were moving on to another exercise.

Starting to really like shoulders now... Shoulders was the only thing I wasn't keen on training.

Wrapped up my workout with my Torrent/Grape juice and a pak of Nitro.

Tiger
06-27-12, 6:15 am
Oh, forgot to mention...

I'm heading out tonight to hit some sprints (unless the weather gets too bad - in which case I'll just hit some regular HIIT at the gym).

Should be decent.

And I don't know if I mentioned, but as of Sunday I've been back to bulking - appetite is definitely back, and excess holiday weight is back in check.

GUNS
06-27-12, 6:34 am
Oh, forgot to mention...

I'm heading out tonight to hit some sprints (unless the weather gets too bad - in which case I'll just hit some regular HIIT at the gym).

Should be decent.

And I don't know if I mentioned, but as of Sunday I've been back to bulking - appetite is definitely back, and excess holiday weight is back in check.

Isnt the weather always bad there! LOL! I remember! I got there in Mid Feb and it was snowing horizontal most of the days. And we had farms all around us, so when it did clear up, there was a nice haze of sheep shit in the air! But when it cleared up, such a beautiful country!

Have fun with those sprints. And I am on a lifetime bulker, have fun with it!

Tiger
06-27-12, 6:39 am
Isnt the weather always bad there! LOL! I remember! I got there in Mid Feb and it was snowing horizontal most of the days. And we had farms all around us, so when it did clear up, there was a nice haze of sheep shit in the air! But when it cleared up, such a beautiful country!

Have fun with those sprints. And I am on a lifetime bulker, have fun with it!

Yesterday it was nice. Although nice here is still fucking cold! With the exception of yesterday it's rained almost non-stop for a week, and most of the time it's been torrential, haha.

I swear if the weather was better then Scotland would be amazing...

Lifetime bulker - sounds good! I'm planning on bulking for a good bit longer (hopefully until the start of 2013) and then cut down to about 5% and then never let it get back above 12%.

GUNS
06-27-12, 6:59 am
Yesterday it was nice. Although nice here is still fucking cold! With the exception of yesterday it's rained almost non-stop for a week, and most of the time it's been torrential, haha.

I swear if the weather was better then Scotland would be amazing...

Lifetime bulker - sounds good! I'm planning on bulking for a good bit longer (hopefully until the start of 2013) and then cut down to about 5% and then never let it get back above 12%.

I typically stay about 15-17%. When I was younger, I could never get above 11% no matter what I ate! I think sometime next year, early, I will do a epic cut to see whats under the fluff!

Tiger
06-28-12, 4:06 am
Sprints last night were pretty rough. I'm as slow as I expected, haha.

2 of my mates came along, and I'm at least a stone (14lbs) heavier than one and 2 and a half stone heavier than the other. While we weren't technically racing - we were... If that makes sense? Either way, I was always last until one time I got a sudden burst of pace and won one of them! Me and one of my mates were jumping about and hugging like Apollo Creed and Rocky (Rocky III) after that! Pissing ourselves laughing!

We did sprints from bench to bench along the beach and then would walk for a bit... Then next bench sprint. My legs were TIGHT! Could barely walk last night, but I felt fine this morning.

Ate some rice and chicken in mushroom sauce with some EAA Stack in grape juice. Also had a little dark chocolate.

This morning - low intensity cardio for a little bit, followed by some swimming. I'd do 2 lengths as fast as I could then take a little breather, then repeat.

Also, I've found out a guy I know has died... I wasn't close to him or anything, but he was 23... Fucking surreal!

Tiger
06-29-12, 4:12 am
I had some fucking RAGE this morning!

Got a text from my buddy saying he slept in and wasn't going to make it this morning while I had my first serving of Rage this week... So I was pretty pissed off at him, plus the extra focus brought on from the Rage... Shit got real today!

BB Rows - alternating between normal grip and reverse grip
Rack Pulls
V Handle Lat Pulldowns
BB Wrist curls (forearms on a bench)

After hitting Rack Pulls for the first time last week I wanted to see what I could do, so I started off at 130lbs and put it up 22lbs every set - hitting 10 reps every set.

Maxed out at 396lbs for 6 reps.

I had to strap up at around 308 because my forearms gave out and I knew I had more in my back.

Also received my big ass order yesterday - box was packed! Might post some pics in a bit.

Tiger
06-29-12, 9:03 am
http://oi45.tinypic.com/mh9jcx.jpg

BOOM!

Saeger
06-29-12, 9:04 am
Nice stuff in here man. Way to harness the rage.

Tiger
06-29-12, 3:24 pm
Thanks - you've got to have something to drive you on to do some of the crazy shit we do.

On a side note, I fucking loved the Apple Torrent and Apple Rage. Gonna mix some grape juice with the Torrent on Sun.

Solid Dreams
06-29-12, 5:13 pm
Nice stack buddy! Rack pulls will jump up quickly, enjoy em.

Tiger
07-02-12, 10:56 am
Legs are in agony today!

Went heavy on the squats yesterday, and I'm struggling to walk today. Was enjoying destroying my calves too - went on the leg press to do calf raises, and I was doing 25 reps, resting for another 25 count, then doing another 25 reps - until I hut 100 reps (this was after already doing calf horse).

Perhaps a bit much volume, but I love hitting legs hard! They can take it! Heh.

Chest this morning. I managed to hit my 80KG - 3 sets of 12 - on decline bench. Pretty happy with that!

Apple Torrent does not go well with grape juice!

Kowboy
07-02-12, 11:01 am
Apple torrent doesnt go w/ anything. I choke it down after every workout, I bought the big tub so I still have a ways to go.

Solid Dreams
07-02-12, 11:21 am
I use grape karboload with my apple torrent, it actually tastes pretty good. And by pretty good I mean you cant taste the hydrolyzed protein, which is win anyway you look at it.

Nice work on chest and legs bud!

Tiger
07-02-12, 11:40 am
Apple torrent doesnt go w/ anything. I choke it down after every workout, I bought the big tub so I still have a ways to go.

Yeah, I really liked it when I had it the first time - I've had it 3 times now, and I think I'm getting sick of it already! Haha.

Tiger
07-02-12, 11:42 am
I use grape karboload with my apple torrent, it actually tastes pretty good. And by pretty good I mean you cant taste the hydrolyzed protein, which is win anyway you look at it.

Nice work on chest and legs bud!

Thanks man!

Yeah, I'm really noticing a kind of metallic taste through it... Ah well, as long as it does what I need it to!

Solid Dreams
07-02-12, 11:53 am
Thanks man!

Yeah, I'm really noticing a kind of metallic taste through it... Ah well, as long as it does what I need it to!

Yeah, pretty sure that's the hydrolyzed whey protein. They have a kind that doesnt taste like complete dog shit, but I'm not going to order from the site that has it anymore because they're extremely slow/have poor customer service.

Tiger
07-03-12, 5:27 am
Cardio, cardio, cardio... My old nemesis...

Is there anything more mind numbing than walking on a treadmill or flailing about on an elliptical?

Set the incline at 18, set the speed to 4.7 and uphill I went for 40mins this morning.

Tiger
07-03-12, 10:03 am
Anyone got any tips for shoulder press? Or a decent video for technique?

I'm talking about barbell shoulder press - I've got DB technique nailed - but the barbell is the road less traveled for me, so I figure I could do with hitting it for a few weeks.

Tiger
07-04-12, 6:08 am
Changed it up today - Tri's first!

Pulldowns
Weighted bench dips (drop sets)
Rope Pulldowns (sets of 10-12 w/ 20 sec rest, once you can't hit 10 reps drop the weight and keep going - killer pump!)

Cable Side Lateral Raise
Rear Delt Lat Raise/Side Lat Raise (super set)
SM Press

Killed it! Had 70KG on my lap for the dips, and I was happy with hitting 42.5KG on the SM after already destroying my tri's/delts.

GUNS
07-04-12, 6:19 am
Like it! Going in reverse order is a great way to change it up. As far as mil press, I use about the same grip/width as I do my bench press. I like to start off the rack in the up position. Then bring it down just under my chin. Some guys go down to their chest.

Tiger
07-04-12, 9:52 am
Sounds good. I might get on them properly next week - keep my technique fairly similar to my SM Press.

Tiger
07-05-12, 10:39 am
Did some sprints again last night. Felt a lot better than the week before! Did the same as last week, but I got home a lot earlier, so we must've been faster (which I find hard to believe).

Boring ol' plain cardio this morning. Going out for a meal with work tonight - free food: the best kind!

Back day tomorrow!

Kowboy
07-05-12, 10:59 am
Anyone got any tips for shoulder press? Or a decent video for technique?

I'm talking about barbell shoulder press - I've got DB technique nailed - but the barbell is the road less traveled for me, so I figure I could do with hitting it for a few weeks.

I am w/ Guns I keep a similar grip to my bench, which is fairly narrow. I just used the bar and did a couple reps and changed width until it felt natural and didnt pop my shoulders. I set the bar at my upper chest and take it up.

Tiger
07-06-12, 10:08 am
I think I could have entered a wet t-shirt contest after hitting back this morning!

Super-set 1
Barbell rows
T-Bar rows

Tri-set 1
Barbell rows
T-Bar rows
Machine Pullovers

Super-set 2
Wide-grip Pulldowns
Machine Pullovers

Rack Pulls

Couldn't manage as much on the Rack Pulls this week - could be a combination of destroying my back before getting to them and putting the rack a little lower this week.

Still, I did 2 sets at 350 - 10 reps and then 7 reps (fail). Quads got a good scraping from the bar too!

100% official - I fucking love back days! I have no idea how people can come in and just train chest...

There are 2 guys at my gym who come in every 2nd day and just hit bench press. If there are no bench's free then what do they do? They stand about for 5-10 mins waiting for someone to get off... No warming up with barbells - no training other muscle groups - no machine work... Bench, bench, bench...

They can lift a fair amount, but they don't look like it. In fact, aesthetically, they're nothing. If they're training for strength then surely throwing up big numbers on squats and deads would help push their bench numbers up.

GUNS
07-06-12, 10:34 am
Are your moobs THAT big? JK!

Back days are pretty damn fun! Then again, I like em all!

Tiger
07-06-12, 10:45 am
Are your moobs THAT big? JK!

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!

GUNS
07-06-12, 11:17 am
http://youtu.be/Zp-JEkWJhXs

Videos are better!

Tiger
07-06-12, 11:38 am
http://youtu.be/Zp-JEkWJhXs

Videos are better!

It's like a mirror! Take my fork away from me!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gvOcO2cBZgQ/T1DqWasg4uI/AAAAAAAAFP4/iBx-L-htNrY/s1600/ms2akg.jpg.png

GUNS
07-06-12, 1:41 pm
It's like a mirror! Take my fork away from me!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gvOcO2cBZgQ/T1DqWasg4uI/AAAAAAAAFP4/iBx-L-htNrY/s1600/ms2akg.jpg.png

Funny!

Tiger
07-09-12, 10:52 am
I'm occasionally getting some lower back pain during squats.

Now, when I say that, I don't mean like an injury - my theory is it's like a massive, unbearable pump.

Any thoughts on this?

It was possibly the worst it's ever been yesterday. I was training legs on my own, so I decided to destroy it as quick as possible. I set up the squat rack, put my weight on, did my set, put more weight on, did a set, put on more weight, did a set, took off a little weight, did a set, and then the lower back pain was too bad.

The back pain passed after 30 mins or so... It felt better when I stretched it out a little... And I think it was worse this week because of the lack of rest between sets.

Previous weeks I've managed to push through/ignore it. I've quite often got whoever I'm training with to keep an eye on my form, and they always say it's spot on. Now, that's not ruling it out as a technique issue on my part - but it's gotten to the point where I'm considering getting a session with one of the PT's I know at my gym (he's the only one that I think has an actual clue, plus he's competed himself on various occasions so he has a first hand experience as opposed to the other guys) just to be sure.

Anyways, here's how the Leg day looked:

Leg Extensions - 3 sets
Squats - 4 sets (bailed)
Leg Press - 4 sets

Seated Leg Curls - 3 sets
Stiff Legged Deadlift - 4 sets (back was still a little sore at this point, but I managed to push through)
Standing Single Leg Curls - 3 sets

Blasted through it as quick as possible (had to meet people).

Tiger
07-09-12, 11:00 am
Chest this morning. Changing the split this week to accommodate calves (didn't have time to train them yesterday - see above post).

Incline DB's
Decline Bench
Chest Press Machine (SQUEEZE! Holy shit!)
Incline DB Flyes

BOOM! Kept the negative excruciatingly slow - exploded up and squeezed the living fuck out of my chest! Massive pump!

I sometimes don't have a clue how many reps I get - which is why I tend to forget and don't normally stick down weight/reps/sets too often... But I just go with how it all feels. If I can do more, I'll do more - I think I did about 10 "1 MORE" reps this morning (I did 3 in one set) - so I won't tend to get into too much detail on those things. Just entrust most things going on in here are to failure!

GUNS
07-09-12, 11:11 am
As far as you feeling like its cramping or massive pump attacks, try adding in a little Taurine! Like 3000g! Adjust from there if it doesnt help. Solid work!

Tiger
07-10-12, 3:10 am
As far as you feeling like its cramping or massive pump attacks, try adding in a little Taurine! Like 3000g! Adjust from there if it doesnt help. Solid work!

Got some Taurine ordered - it can't hurt! I'll let you know how it works out!

Tiger
07-10-12, 3:26 am
BB Shoulder Press/Seated Calf Horse - super set
DB Side Raises/Calve Extensions (on leg press) - super set
DB Rear Delt Raises
Machine Shoulder Press (hit 9+ reps or drop the weight - 20 seconds rest between sets)

I'm trying to get the same amount of work as usual done, but in less time. I'm struggling to lift my arms after all that, and my calves look swole as fuck! Think I got about 200 reps for calves - they were burning!

Training arms tomorrow - I haven't had an arm day in a while, so I can't wait!

Tiger
07-11-12, 7:21 am
Oh, how I've missed arm days...

Started off with Bi's, because I feel like I need all my energy/concentration to really work them to failure (not just until they hurt). Some of the biggest arm pumps I've ever had today!

Preacher curls
Hammer curls/Incline bench curls/Concentration curls - Tri-set
Drag curls

Rope Pulldowns
Decline Skullcrushers/Overhead Tricep Extension (1 arm) - Super-set
OH Tri Ext (2 arm)/OH Tri Ext (1 arm)/Tri Kickback - Tri-set

One of my buddies commented that my arms looked like someone put legs in the wrong place. I'll fucking take that compliment!

It was a good day to wear my Universal tank top!

Tiger
07-12-12, 11:29 am
Got an extra hour in bed this morning - 9 hour sleep! Fucking epic!

Taking it easy today, and tomorrow is back day.

My buddy is addicted to rack pulls now... He wants to do them every week, but we'll need to switch it up in a week or two in my opinion. Might start with them tomorrow though...

Check in tomorrow guys - gonna go get huge!

Tiger
07-13-12, 5:45 am
Cable Rows
Pullovers
Lat Pulldowns
Rack Pulls
BB Rows

Pissing sweat today! No let up! Away down to Edinburgh today to see my mates and go to the zoo to see me some Panda's - diet is going out the window, but I busted a gut today to make up for it.

GUNS
07-13-12, 9:19 am
Nice work. I think racks should be done every other week with reg deads in between. Rack deads are fun because you can sling some heavy weight. Go have fun and eat whatever you want! 1 day wont hurt!

Tiger
07-18-12, 9:22 am
Drove down on Friday and went to the zoo on Sat - that shit was awesome!

Saw one of the panda's (the other one didn't want to come out), and had a wander around the whole place. Took 4 hours to go around, and then I walked from the zoo up to Haymarket (took about 40 - 60mins) - so I got in a good amount of "cardio", haha. Picked up some new t-shirts and shorts for the gym, and then headed back on to Princes Street to meet up with my mates for an Indian and a few drinks.

Drove back up on Sunday and hut...

Tiger
07-18-12, 9:26 am
Squats - 120KG for 3 sets of X amount of reps - can't really remember... Just went until I couldn't anymore.

Leg Extensions - almost maxed this out, got a massive squeeze, slow negative, and then some forced reps to really kill it off

Leg Curls - same as above

SLDL - hamstrings were already killed, but this finished them off!

I left calves because they were already in agony from all the walking on Sat (see above - Edinburgh Zoo is hilly!).

Tiger
07-18-12, 9:32 am
Monday - Chest

Decided to start focusing on some strength work for a little bit (not powerlifting, just trying to go as heavy as possible - inspired by other peoples journeys) but still trying to hit that squeeze and negative.

Decline Bench
60KG x 15
80KG x 3
90KG x 3
100KG x 3
105KG x 3
110KG x 3
115KG x 1 (2 forced/negatives)

Didn't expect that, considering my previous best was 90KG for a few reps... Pushing to new levels in here!

Chest Press Machine
3 sets of 2pps - 15 reps

Incline DB Flyes
3 sets of 15KG x 15

It was good to mix it up! Going to do this for a few weeks with my buddy who's training for MMA (he's dropped 3 stone since he joined my gym).

GUNS
07-18-12, 9:37 am
Workout style looks a little familiar and I love it. Hope this style works for you. I has for me and looking to see how it works out for you. Looks like you had a blast over the weekend. That city is pretty huge!

Tiger
07-18-12, 9:40 am
Tues - Off

Wasn't feeling great on Monday and Tuesday... Felt better this morning, so I was back to it.

Wed - Shoulders

DB Press
15KG x 15
15KG x 15
25KG x 3
27.5KG x 3
30KG x 3
32.5KG x 3
35KG x 3
37.5KG x 1 + 2 Forced Reps

Didn't really know what to expect here... I'm happy with that as a starting point.

Cable One Arm Side Lateral Raises
3 sets of 10KG x 12

Rear Delt Pec Deck Machine
3 sets of 40KG x 12

SM BB Press
2pps x ??? Just went until I couldn't go no more...

Can't remember the last time I did shrugs, but since they're probably my most complimented area I think I'll leave them out until I bring my shoulders up a bit more.

I had a weird ass dream about Jean Claude Van Damme working in TGI Friday's last night... He was serving us, and was the manager of the place, and everyone all of a sudden walked out on him, saying they couldn't work under his regime anymore... I never did get my burger and fries... Also, I was attacked by a rat at one point (don't know how this happened) and I grabbed it by the top of its mouth and its jaw and just pulled its head apart...

Fucking ZMA man...

Tiger
07-18-12, 9:45 am
Workout style looks a little familiar and I love it. Hope this style works for you. I has for me and looking to see how it works out for you. Looks like you had a blast over the weekend. That city is pretty huge!

Yeah, it's massive compared to where I live.

I'll keep at it - feel free to give me shit if you see me slacking! ;)

Tiger
07-19-12, 7:10 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?39125-Cold-Meals

Tiger
07-19-12, 7:27 am
Cut my hair... Short! My nephew saw me and said I didn't look like Thor anymore - so I'm Captain America now!

Got into the gym this morning and everyone double took when they saw me! One guy said: "You actually look like that wrestler Chris Jericho now!" I laughed and told him I was happy with that comparison!

My neck is cold though...

ARMS DAY!!! BOOYAH!!!

Biceps

BB Curls/Spider Curls/Hammer Curls

Preacher Curls/Incline Curls/Iso Curls

Triceps

Straight Bar Pulldown/DB Extension

Rope Pulldown (drop set)/Cable Kickback

And that was it! Arms were feeling massive!

Tiger
07-19-12, 11:18 am
Back tomorrow. I fucking love back!

Tiger
07-20-12, 4:10 am
Just got the confirmation e-mail through from my mate with the E-mail Receipt for our tickets for Anfield!

Liverpool vs Man City
Liverpool vs Man Utd

JACKPOT!

Tiger
07-20-12, 9:25 am
Finally got some time to type this out...

Deadlift
65KG x10+
85KG x3
95KG x3
105KG x3
115KG x3
125KG x3
135KG x3
145KG x1

Didn't expect that! I've struggled to get 100KG up not too long ago - so whatever I'm doing is reaping some benefits!

Machine Pullovers
4 sets - x12, x10, x8, x6

Cable Rows/Machine Pulldowns
4 sets

Wide Grip Cable Rows
2 sets

Pushing the limits in here guys!

Also, hit up Pop Tarts post-w/o today... Day complete!

Tiger
07-23-12, 7:12 am
Legs on Sunday

Something's been off on legs recently, so I thought I'd completely change it up and start off with hamstrings.

Leg Curls - 3 sets

One leg lying curls - 2 sets then 1 drop set

SLDL - 5 sets

Leg Extensions - 3 sets

Front Squats - 2 sets

Squats - 2 sets

Leg Press - 2 sets then 1 drop set w/ rest pause

Did as many reps as I could - 10-15 second rest - as many reps as I could push out - drop the weight - repeat...

I was close to puking/fainting/dying. It was awesome!

Had my post workout shake with coconut water, which was nice/unusual. Followed that up with a nice Boston Creme Donut... Mmm... Then I went to see The Dark Knight Rises. Just what you need after a heavy leg day - 3 hours sitting on your ass not moving! Felt horrible when I tried to stand up after the film though!

Tiger
07-23-12, 9:48 am
Chest this morning.

Incline DB Press

Chest Press Machine (drop set)

Cable Flyes/Push ups/Girly Push ups

Then, I decided to throw in some abs. I haven't trained abs in a long time, and I haven't really felt the need to (I'm usually of the opinion that squatting/deadlifting and things like that hit my core, so don't bother with my direct work) - but today was mixing shit up some...

Hanging Leg Raises - as many as I could
Hanging Knee Raises - as many as I could
Cable Crunches - as many as I could

Rest/Repeat

May keep throwing them in like that on Chest day. Awesome session, and I deserved my other Boston Creme Donut (they come in packs of two).

Kill i oughtta
07-23-12, 12:18 pm
Chest this morning.

Incline DB Press

Chest Press Machine (drop set)

Cable Flyes/Push ups/Girly Push ups

Then, I decided to throw in some abs. I haven't trained abs in a long time, and I haven't really felt the need to (I'm usually of the opinion that squatting/deadlifting and things like that hit my core, so don't bother with my direct work) - but today was mixing shit up some...

Hanging Leg Raises - as many as I could
Hanging Knee Raises - as many as I could
Cable Crunches - as many as I could

Rest/Repeat

May keep throwing them in like that on Chest day. Awesome session, and I deserved my other Boston Creme Donut (they come in packs of two).

i know what you mean i like to throw in some abs on leg days here and there i feel like it helps.

Tiger
07-23-12, 12:20 pm
i know what you mean i like to throw in some abs on leg days here and there i feel like it helps.

I used to throw them in on legs occasionally too - that really will finish you off! Haha.

Tiger
07-25-12, 5:12 am
Got to try out some chalk today. As a result, my forearms are destroyed...

BB Rows - 70KG

Tri-Set
T-Bar Row w/ Towel - 42.5KG on end of BB
DB One Arm Rows - 17.5KG DB
Farmers Walk - 20KG Plates

Lat Pulldowns - 72.5KG

Machine Pullovers - 65KG

Not sure about the amount of sets, but I felt a bit dizzy towards the end of the Tri-Sets... Thought I was gonna pass out after my last set of T-Bar Rows, and that dish towel felt like it was KILLING my hands!

Post workout - Torrent w/ Nitro
45 mins later - 400ml whole milk, 1.5 scoops UWP, 2 scoops oats - 1 Strawberry Pop Tart - 1 mini bag of Cola bottles

Solid Dreams
07-25-12, 7:11 am
Drinking coke?!

Nice work! Did you do kroc rows (high volume rows) or just like 8-12?

Tiger
07-25-12, 7:38 am
Drinking coke?!

Nice work! Did you do kroc rows (high volume rows) or just like 8-12?

Them little Haribo cola bottle things - they're the bomb!

BB Rows were 8-12 (strict form), but the T-Bar rows were a bit too light, so ended up hitting 20+ on the first set or two... After that the fatigue set in and I was looking at about 12 reps. That may have been due to my hands giving up while I was grabbing that fecking towel!

Tri-sets were done with 1 min rest between each "circuit". T-shirt was 2 tone with sweat!

GUNS
07-25-12, 10:18 am
PopTarts/fuck the world! LOL! Love it! Nice work!

Tiger
07-25-12, 10:20 am
Just ordered one more of the OD Iconic t-shirts before they get pulled. I've got a Large just now, so I thought I'd pick up an XL to grow into. That's 2 Animal XL's to grow into (my other one is a white Iconic with Rage on the back) - gotta keep packing on muscle!

Also picked up the Black/Red Universal tank and the grey Universal stringer.

Universal Shaker Bottles are out of stock... Gutted.

Diet is really picking up again. Adding in more food as I go, and if I'm particularly hungry before bed I'll throw down a shake with 400ml whole milk, 2 eggs and a scoop of UWP. That shit will fill you up!

Weight is up to 211lbs. Start of this bulk I was 180lbs - after my holiday I was up to 213 and then cut back for a few weeks to get down to 207, and now I'm back up to 211... Getting there. Overall target is about 220-225lbs for the end of the year and then cut down to single digit BF%.

Tiger
07-26-12, 11:25 am
GUNS - you guys have been talking about your Pop Tarts, so I thought I'd hop on the band wagon! I'm hitting the PR's, so I may as well hit the PT's!!! Haha. Hope you got back home safe, bro!

DELTS and CALVES

Rack was in use and all the benches were in use... No idea why the gym was so busy this morning, but instead of fucking about I went over to use the Shoulder Press Machine and threw some plates on there.

SHOULDER PRESS

20KG each side x 20
30KG each side x 3
40KG x 3
45KG x 3
50KG x 3
55KG x 1
60KG x 1
40KG x 10

Moved on to SEATED SIDE RAISES super-set with SEATED REAR DELT RAISES

5 sets x failure

CALF RAISES on Leg Press

Kept doing reps, then throwing more weight on - finished up at 390KG x 10

SEATED CALF RAISES

30KG x 25
40KG x 20
50KG x 18 (roughly... was aiming for 20 again, but calves were killed!)

My niece made some cupcakes yesterday, so I rocked some of those today Post Workout! They were amazing!

Kowboy
07-26-12, 12:26 pm
GUNS - you guys have been talking about your Pop Tarts, so I thought I'd hop on the band wagon! I'm hitting the PR's, so I may as well hit the PT's!!! Haha. Hope you got back home safe, bro!

DELTS and CALVES

Rack was in use and all the benches were in use... No idea why the gym was so busy this morning, but instead of fucking about I went over to use the Shoulder Press Machine and threw some plates on there.

SHOULDER PRESS

20KG each side x 20
30KG each side x 3
40KG x 3
45KG x 3
50KG x 3
55KG x 1
60KG x 1
40KG x 10

Moved on to SEATED SIDE RAISES super-set with SEATED REAR DELT RAISES

5 sets x failure

CALF RAISES on Leg Press

Kept doing reps, then throwing more weight on - finished up at 390KG x 10

SEATED CALF RAISES

30KG x 25
40KG x 20
50KG x 18 (roughly... was aiming for 20 again, but calves were killed!)

My niece made some cupcakes yesterday, so I rocked some of those today Post Workout! They were amazing!

The gym on post here was always like that, it was hit or miss if you would find a spot to lift ya know. The new gym I dont worry at all, if ti isn't free everyone is all about working you in. Such a better place for me.

Tiger
07-27-12, 9:22 am
Trebin - that sounds a lot better... Most people at my gym are more inclined to just keep themselves to themselves. I think it's indicative of people here, and possibly because we're all up at stupid o'clock in the morning...

This morning: ARMS

TRICEPS

Rope Extensions (warm up x2, working set x2)

Close Grip Bench Press

Skull Crushers

Straight bar Extensions / Tricep Kick Back

By this point I was noticeably covered in sweat!

BICEPS

Rope Curls (maxed the pulley out and managed 5/6 rep and then cheated some extra reps)

Running low on time by now, so...

Preacher Curl / Spider Curl / Incline Curl / Concentration Curl - CRAZY PUMP!

Stocktake at work today, so we can dress as we please. Believe it or not, the sun is out in Scotland today... I'm feeling a lot hotter being this heavy! This is probably the heaviest I've been (unless I was really heavy when I was a fat kid... Not sure - never visited any scales in those days!), so today I've opted for some shorts! Show off a little leg for the ladies... My calves are killing me from yesterday though! Haha.

Tiger
07-30-12, 7:28 am
LEGS - Sunday

Lying Leg Curls

Seated Leg Curls

SLDL - Really got a big stretch on this! Felt it in my hamstrings like never before!

Leg Extensions

Hack Squats

Back Squats - weight was pretty low on this, but finishing off on this meant I was already binned! I was aiming for about 20 reps, but failed before I got there... Then tried again on my second set, and didn't manage again... Decided on my last set I was going to do no matter how long it took! So I failed on my 15th rep, racked the bar again, got back under and forced out another 4 reps before failing on my 20th...

Had Torrent PWO and then 400ml whole milk, whey, oats, a donut, small bag of Haribo and my Pak about 30-40 mins afterwards. About 2 hours later I had steak, potato's, carrots, broccoli, Yorkshire pudding and gravy, followed up with a little cheesecake and a brownie. Then, a little while before bed I was chugging down 400ml whole milk, 1 scoop whey and 2 eggs.

Legs are destroyed today!

Tiger
07-30-12, 11:23 am
Bench Press
2 warm up sets, and the hit 5x5 - went up to 90KG on one set, then back down to 80KG

Incline DB Press
Really slow negative - imagined I was a spring coiling up and then exploding back up!

Pec Deck
Chest pumped long before this, but hitting sets around 20 reps really blew shit up!

Cable Flyes/Cable Press
Finished everything off with a super-set. Flyes until failure and then into Presses to failure.

Abs was a circuit of Leg Raises/Knee Raises/Cable Crunches. Next week I'll be moving on to hanging leg raises and hanging knee raises.

Currently calculating all my food - might start adding in a little more now.

Tiger
07-31-12, 6:48 am
Diet is currently looking like:

5:30 - WAKE UP

EAA Stack
Creatine
Agmatine
Glutamine

6:30 - TRAIN

7:30 - Torrent

8:30 - 400ml whole milk, 1.5 scoops UWP, 100g oats - sugary carbs (Haribo/2 Pop Tarts/Donut)

10:00 - 100g Chicken, Broccoli (away to start adding in some potato's to this meal on back and leg days)

13:00 - 1.5 scoops UWP, peanut butter

15:30 - Same as 10:00 (no potato's planned here though)

18:00 - 100g Steak, green beans, carrots

20:30 - 400ml whole milk, 2 whole eggs, 1 scoop UWP

21:30 - BED

Tiger
08-01-12, 10:28 am
BB Rows
Yates Rows
Wide Grip Cable Rows
Towel T-Bar Rows
Machine Pullovers
Lat Pulldowns w/ plate pinches

Lots of volume today, and my forearms were destroyed too!

I was dripping sweat, and had my red Iconic on today - did it proud!

Tiger
08-02-12, 10:37 am
Shoulders

BB Shoulder Press
SS - Plate loaded Shoulder Press / Side Raises
Rear Delt Raises
Face Pulls (first time I've done these - REALLY felt them!)

Calves

SS - Leg Press Calf Raise / Seated Calf Raise

Probably the day I look forward to least, but destroyed it today! Would've liked a bit more time to may hit front delts too and maybe hit a few more sets on calves (I managed 3 of each exercise), but I was done and out of time.

Anyone fancy giving me some input on the diet above?

Also, I'm considering getting a new pair of boxing boots for my squats, deads, etc. They've got tiger stripes on them... They're fucking horrible, but brilliant! Haha. Should I go for it?

Tiger
08-03-12, 10:10 am
TRICEPS

Rope Pulldowns
One Arm Cable Pulldowns
Bench Dips (managed a set of 8 w/ 75KG on my lap)
DB OH Tricep Extensions
Decline Skull Crushers

BICEPS

Rope Curls
Straight Bar Cable Curls
Lying Cable Curls
BB Curls w/ 1 min rest but not putting the bar down

Forearms/Biceps/Triceps were pretty binned after this! Another good arm day where it's hard to wash your hair afterwards.

No input on the diet or the horrible boots?

Tiger
08-03-12, 12:21 pm
Just put in a request to change my Journey's title... It's been a long time coming! Haha.

Tiger
08-03-12, 12:30 pm
Just put in a request to change my Journey's title... It's been a long time coming! Haha.

BOOM!

J-Dawg
08-03-12, 12:38 pm

All set for you Tiger!

And I'm liking the volume I see in here. Though I've cut down the volume for most workouts (b/c of powerlifting training), I always try to hit heavy volume on at least one bodypart per week. Keep it up!

Solid Dreams
08-03-12, 12:45 pm
I was like "...what?"

Nice journey title, I like it! I would comment on the diet, but I'm too new to the diet game to really be like "oh you should add X/Y/Z", although I am a firm believer in the power of spinach!

Tiger
08-03-12, 1:12 pm
J-Dawg - thanks again brother! I'll keep it up - I love some crazy ass volume!

Solid Dreams - I hear ya on the spinach... Good shout, I'll try and incorporate it again. I used to eat a lot of it to the point I sickened myself of it, haha. New Journey title can't be any worse than the old one!

Tiger
08-06-12, 6:55 am
Friday night I picked up some peanut butter and coconut oil... Delighted. It's the simple things, eh?

Cooked with the coconut oil last night and maybe used too much, but it was amazing!

LEGS - Sunday

Lying Leg Curls

Seated Leg Curls

SLDL (70KG - slow, controlled stretch... Hamstrings were already destroyed, but this finished them off)

Plate Loaded Leg Extensions (worked up to 50KG each leg for 10 reps)

Squats (less weight, aiming for 20 reps, really struggling... Slow, controlled negative, pause at the bottom, pushing up through the heels and squeezing at the top)

Ended up laying on the floor for a minute or two after my last set of squats. Got my 20 reps no matter what!

There was a lot of rest-pause and forced reps. Had some good involuntary shakes going on afterwards! Haha.

Tiger
08-06-12, 10:19 am
CHEST

BB Incline Press

Plate loaded Chest Press

Decline Bench Press / Incline DB Flyes / Incline DB Press

ABS

Lying Leg Raises / Crunches / Cable Crunches

Negative Decline Sit Up (w/ 25KG Plate)

Really felt those leg raises stretching my abs out... Not looking forward to how my abs are going to feel tomorrow!

Squeezed the shit out of my pecs during the Chest Press machine! Felt like I could've popped!

Noob Saibot
08-06-12, 1:58 pm
Solid work going on in here, keep it up!

Tiger
08-07-12, 7:13 am
Solid work going on in here, keep it up!

Thanks for stopping in by - I'll keep at it!

I've been posting up some food pics in the Food Prep Thread, so I may as well post them up here too:

Steak
http://oi48.tinypic.com/2yo22hk.jpg
http://oi46.tinypic.com/34ifpxv.jpg
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2urqlw7.jpg

Pizza
http://oi48.tinypic.com/afc07k.jpg
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2nro5ch.jpg
http://oi50.tinypic.com/2vt8qcj.jpg

Left Over Pizza Toppings
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2ym907s.jpg
http://oi50.tinypic.com/154a6ae.jpg
http://oi49.tinypic.com/iohxch.jpg

Satay Beef
http://oi47.tinypic.com/209le3b.jpg
http://oi46.tinypic.com/e5lr4i.jpg
http://oi45.tinypic.com/2zob5p4.jpg

Any thoughts on what else I can try my hand at cooking?

Hit some cardio this morning. Had my new Liverpool top on, which got me some pelters, haha.

Tiger
08-07-12, 9:20 am
New threads arrived at the end of last week.

Got the black/red Universal tank, the grey Universal stringer and another OD Animal Iconic. So that's me up to...

2 x Red Animal Iconic (L)
Yellow Animal Iconic (L)
OD Animal Iconic (L)
OD Animal Iconic (XL)
White Rage Animal Iconic (XL)
2 x Grey Animal Iconic (L) - in the post
Grey Animal Iconic (XL) - in the post
Yellow Universal 77 (L)
White Universal 77 (L)
Black Universal 77 (L)
Grey Universal Stringer (L)
Yellow Universal Tank (L)
Black/Red Universal Tank (L)

Planning on fitting in those XL's in a year or two, and hopefully be able to fit them and be fairly lean in 3 years. Can't wait to get the grey Iconic's!

GUNS
08-07-12, 9:33 am
Quite the collection man!

Tiger
08-07-12, 9:39 am
Quite the collection man!

I'm working on it! Shit, I forgot I also got a "I pay my dues every day... Do you?" shirt free with a can of M-Stak yesterday - I was delighted!

Tiger
08-08-12, 6:39 am
Training on my own this morning (my buddy was in agony from BJJ last night), so I got to hit this hard and fast!

SHOULDERS

Plate Loaded Shoulder Press
2 x Warm up, put the weight up, went to failure and then dropped the weight and busted out some more reps

Cable Side Lateral Raises
1 x Warm up followed by a drop set

Cable Rear Delt Lateral Raises
1 x Warm up followed by a drop set

Face Pulls
1 rest-pause set

BB Shoulder Press
3 sets - aiming for 20 reps - hit it the 1st set and then the 2nd and 3rd sets I threw in some partials to get up to 20

CALVES

Calf Extensions on Leg Press
2 x Warm up, 1 set of rest-pause - hitting 20 reps, resting for 10 seconds, hitting as many reps as I can and then resting 10 seconds to then hit the last 4-5 reps

Seated Calf Extensions
1 x Warm up followed by the same rest-pause as described above

Got through all that in about 40 mins max. FRIED!

Noob Saibot
08-08-12, 10:50 pm
Nice workout, hit everything hard and got out of there. I like it.

Tiger
08-09-12, 5:48 am
Thanks man - that's how I try to do it every time.

BACK

T-Bar Rows w/ Towel
BB Rows
Yates Rows
Cable Pullovers
Cable Partial Deadlifts (like a rack pull, but with cables... Not sure if this has a name?)

The Rack was busy, so we hit the cables to finish up. Kept my back TIGHT throughout the movement - really slow negatives to finish me off.

Had my Green Iconic on for the first time in the gym - it got suitably covered in sweat and chaulk, haha.

Grip is slowly improving I think... Gotta keep working on it!

PreWO - Rage/ST/Nitro
Intra - BCAA drink (got a free 10 serving sample from another company - I really don't like it)
PostWO - Torrent/Glutamine/Nitro

Got to work and slammed 400ml milk, 1.5 scoops of whey, 2 scoops of oats and 2 Pop Tarts.

Just had some chicken and some leftover tortilla pizza I made last night. Eating BIG today - my back needs it! Haha.

Tiger
08-10-12, 11:16 am
Had my new Universal black/red tank on this morning.

BICEPS

Preacher Curls
Hammer Curls
Decline Curls
Cable Curls

TRICEPS

Rope Extensions
OH Rope Extensions
Straight Bar Pulldowns
Underhand Pulldowns

Hammered through that, and felt pretty huge actually! Feeling the gut coming on now though... Bulking since the start of the year, and I'm definitely starting to look forward to cutting again.

Weight is up to 216lbs.

GUNS
08-10-12, 4:27 pm
Nice work, and I have been bulking what seems like forever. Im the same way. Gonna do a 3 month cut in Oct.

Tiger
08-11-12, 3:59 am
I'll be looking forward to following that in your journey - if you've been bulking that long will you remember how to cut? Haha.

Noob Saibot
08-11-12, 8:16 pm
Had my new Universal black/red tank on this morning.

BICEPS

Preacher Curls
Hammer Curls
Decline Curls
Cable Curls

TRICEPS

Rope Extensions
OH Rope Extensions
Straight Bar Pulldowns
Underhand Pulldowns

Hammered through that, and felt pretty huge actually! Feeling the gut coming on now though... Bulking since the start of the year, and I'm definitely starting to look forward to cutting again.

Weight is up to 216lbs.

Looks good, only thing I would say is why not throw in a free weight triceps exercise like DB extension, skull crusher, or close grip bench. Good mass builders, you could start with one of them then move to the cables.

Tiger
08-13-12, 6:32 am
Looks good, only thing I would say is why not throw in a free weight triceps exercise like DB extension, skull crusher, or close grip bench. Good mass builders, you could start with one of them then move to the cables.

Yeah, I usually love hitting some skull crushers, but I was running a bit low on time so I just bashed through those 4 exercises with next to no rest.

Tiger
08-13-12, 6:59 am
Ho-lee she-it! Legs yesterday:

Seated Leg Curls

Lying Leg Curls

SLDL - REALLY felt the stretch! After the curls my hamstrings were already tired, but this really finished them off!

Walking Lunges - first time I've done these properly, and my balance wasn't as bad as I was expecting! Just started off at 20KG this week to really nail the technique, so I'm gonna keep adding weight to these.

Leg Extensions - I've NEVER felt my quads being hit quite this hard before! I couldn't tell you reps/sets/weight - all I know is after my 2nd set I stood up and felt all the blood in my body rush into my quads! So after that, I decided to hit up some rest-pause and then drop set that fucker! I tried to get up off the machine and ended up on the deck...

Squats - lower weight, hitting 20 reps and keeping it slow, controlled and tight. After my 2nd set I thought I was going to be sick. On my last set I only managed 19 reps and then I failed. Again - ended up on the deck...

Hams/Quads/Glutes are all feeling tender today!

Solid Dreams
08-13-12, 10:24 am
Sounds like an awesome leg day! It's funny, some days I can go really heavy and not feel it, and then you go light and rep things out and you feel like you're just going to flat out die.

Tiger
08-13-12, 10:59 am
Sounds like an awesome leg day! It's funny, some days I can go really heavy and not feel it, and then you go light and rep things out and you feel like you're just going to flat out die.

Thanks bro - you gotta love those days when you're left gasping for air!

Tiger
08-13-12, 11:05 am
Moved shoulders and calves to Monday due to a lack of benches on Monday's... Also, my training partner does BJJ on a Monday night and really struggles after Chest/Abs.

SHOULDERS

BB Press

Face Pulls/One Arm Cable Side Raises/DB Front Raises - 5 sets, with little to no rest.

CALVES

Seated Calf Horse

Leg Press Calf Raise - 20 reps, 10 sec rest, 10 reps, 10 sec rest, 10 reps - super-set w/
Standing Calf Raise - 20 reps

Calves were BURNING!

The circuit on shoulders really got the blood going! Last set was a struggle - had to cheat to get the desired reps.

Tiger
08-14-12, 6:36 am
Received my new grey Iconic's yesterday - 2 Large and an XL for growing.

Helped my bro move 2 sofa's last night, which was horrible considering my legs are fucked from Sunday, heh.

CHEST

Decline Press

Incline Press

Plate loaded Chest Press (sets of 20 - pumped!)

Low Pulley Cable Flyes/Cable Crossover superset

ABS

Cable Crunches
Leg Raises
Hanging Leg Raises

Those 3 were done one after the other with about 20 seconds rest afterwards. Repeat.

Broke the new t-shirt in:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2comvz5.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/w9z09f.jpg

Solid Dreams
08-14-12, 8:04 am
Received my new grey Iconic's yesterday - 2 Large and an XL for growing.

Helped my bro move 2 sofa's last night, which was horrible considering my legs are fucked from Sunday, heh.

CHEST

Decline Press

Incline Press

Plate loaded Chest Press (sets of 20 - pumped!)

Low Pulley Cable Flyes/Cable Crossover superset

ABS

Cable Crunches
Leg Raises
Hanging Leg Raises

Those 3 were done one after the other with about 20 seconds rest afterwards. Repeat.

Broke the new t-shirt in:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2comvz5.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/w9z09f.jpg

Nice work! Liking the new shirt, need to get me one too!

Tiger
08-14-12, 9:03 am
Nice work! Liking the new shirt, need to get me one too!

Just one? But... what if something happens to it?!

Kowboy
08-14-12, 9:14 am
Looking good man, keep on killing it. Loving the new shirt.

Tiger
08-14-12, 9:16 am
Looking good man, keep on killing it. Loving the new shirt.

Thanks bro - seeing your renewed enthusiasm helps us all keep pushing ourselves too!

Tiger
08-15-12, 6:12 am
Pissed off this morning...

Lower back got tight as fuck, so stabilising myself for T-Bar Rows or BB Rows just wasn't happening...

Here's how it went:

Deadlift - set of 20, set of 12, set of 8, set of 6 - by this point my lower back was feeling it, so I decided not to do anymore.

T-Bar Rows - 1 set, back felt tight as fuck so I bailed.

Pull Ups - 2 sets to failure, 1 set of negatives

Plate loaded Row Machine - went heavy and did a set of 3 reps, swapped arms for 3 reps and swapped back and forth until I did 4 sets of 3 reps (12 reps overall). That was 1 set. Repeated another 2 times.

Lat Pulldowns - slow, controlled reps, with a massive squeeze at the bottom.

Cable Rows - set to failure, rest 10 seconds, another set, rest for 10 seconds, reps, 10 secs, reps (only managed about 4 the last time).

Despite being pissed off my mate said I busted my ass, and my t-shirt was soaked with sweat again, but I just hate when shit like this can stop you in your tracks.

Solid Dreams
08-15-12, 12:20 pm
Just one? But... what if something happens to it?!

Regardless of what happens, I'll still wear it. I have the green military shirt, and if I don't wash it with baking soda and everything else, it reeks like a dead skunk. Do I care? Nope! Still wearing it!

Nice back day, way to work around the tightness. Just dont get frustrated and hurt yourself, dont want lower back pain for the rest of your life!

Kowboy
08-15-12, 12:50 pm
Does the baking soda work? Our washer at this apt sucks balls and between the sweat and all the fucking curry that seaps through our walls my shirts stink.

Lower back is something I am super careful on as well, if the deads feel off or any exercise really I just drop it and move on. That is the one injury that scares the shit out of me (well also dropping bar on my face)

Solid Dreams
08-15-12, 1:16 pm
Does the baking soda work? Our washer at this apt sucks balls and between the sweat and all the fucking curry that seaps through our walls my shirts stink.

Lower back is something I am super careful on as well, if the deads feel off or any exercise really I just drop it and move on. That is the one injury that scares the shit out of me (well also dropping bar on my face)

Yup. I actually buy the Arm and Hammer detergent just for that reason. Only thing that takes the stench out.

Appollonian
08-15-12, 1:30 pm
Tiger

Hope you don't mind if I hop along for the ride, some solid work going down in here.

And I like the thought of buying a shirt to grow into, but honestly if I wasn't 6'4", I wouldn't need the XL. I need to fill out these shirts first!

Nice work, and I have been bulking what seems like forever. Im the same way. Gonna do a 3 month cut in Oct.

3 months? You going to be contest ready again?

Appollonian
08-15-12, 1:32 pm

I used to have problems with shirts smelling like hell, but now I never let a shirt stay crumpled up and try to lay them out to air, and usually a load of laundry gets done every 2 days or so.

Lower back injuries used to scare me, now not so much (unfortunately) I have deeper terrors.

Tiger
08-16-12, 6:27 am
The more the merrier in here!

Yeah, I didn't want to fuck about with my back - had to adapt on the spot to try and get in a good workout. Back is feeling sore today (in a good way), so I think I manage to get something out of it in the end, but it's just frustrating when your plans go out the window.

Baking soda is a good shout! I'll keep that in mind for once my shirts start to reek!

Appollonian - 6' 4''... Just thinking about that height gives me a nosebleed! I'm happy with my 5' 10''! Haha.

What's your deeper terrors?

Appollonian
08-16-12, 9:00 am
The more the merrier in here!

Yeah, I didn't want to fuck about with my back - had to adapt on the spot to try and get in a good workout. Back is feeling sore today (in a good way), so I think I manage to get something out of it in the end, but it's just frustrating when your plans go out the window.

Baking soda is a good shout! I'll keep that in mind for once my shirts start to reek!

Appollonian - 6' 4''... Just thinking about that height gives me a nosebleed! I'm happy with my 5' 10''! Haha.

What's your deeper terrors?

Being tall isn't all it's cracked up to be, with stuff like clothes hard to find that fit well, and poor lever mechanics on certain lifts, but it's not like I have a choice so no excuses, haha.

The scary part for me isn't an injury per se, just the thought that I could injure myself and derail my training like I've done for the past 10 months; I'm just now starting to feel a bit better.

Back injuries scare me, I wasn't trying to say even the slightest back tweak makes me nervous. But a tweak that goes away a day later isn't so bad for me.

Noob Saibot
08-16-12, 9:16 am
Im thinking of taking a break from T Rows as well. Lower back pain is not fun with 2 kids running around.

Kowboy
08-16-12, 9:30 am
Being tall isn't all it's cracked up to be, with stuff like clothes hard to find that fit well, and poor lever mechanics on certain lifts, but it's not like I have a choice so no excuses, haha.

The scary part for me isn't an injury per se, just the thought that I could injure myself and derail my training like I've done for the past 10 months; I'm just now starting to feel a bit better.

Back injuries scare me, I wasn't trying to say even the slightest back tweak makes me nervous. But a tweak that goes away a day later isn't so bad for me.

Being tall can be a pain in the ass, I am loving it for strongman as I seem to have more natural strength and a decent frame for holding heavy shit. However, clothes suck. My shoulders are getting wider and arms bigger so now the torso on most of my shirts, even xxl is barely above my waist line on my jeans. I have gorilla arms which make lifting interesting lol. 6'5" is brutal but I love it

Tiger
08-16-12, 9:34 am
Yeah, one of the guys I know has arms the same size as me, but his look a lot smaller just because he's so lanky. A lot of exercises look quite awkward when he does them too. Can't change your height though, so no excuses as you say!

I'd rather have a shit workout and stop, hit it harder next week and keep training than force through and put myself on the sidelines. Time out is just frustrating!

Noob - But... T-Bar Rows are awesome! Haha. Kids can smell weakness - they'll jump all over you if you hurt yourself!

Tiger
08-16-12, 9:44 am
ARMS

OH Curls - superset wrists up and wrists down

BB Curls

BB Curls / Hammer Curls / Spider Curls - tri-set

Cable Curls / Concentration Curls

Rope OH Extension

Rope Pulldown / DB Tricep Kickback - superset

Skull Crushers - one set straight bar, one set EZ bar, one set square bar (don't actually know the name of this)

Decided to train this morning instead of tomorrow - that way I'll take 2 rest days and try and come back on Sunday stronger!

Might still do some cardio, but I'm struggling to stay awake even thinking about that...

Noob Saibot
08-16-12, 4:23 pm
Forget that cardio, get the rest! Come back strong like you said.

Tiger
08-17-12, 4:55 am
Forget that cardio, get the rest! Come back strong like you said.

Agreed! I opted for longer in bed followed by half an hour in the jacuzzi!

Appollonian
08-17-12, 7:54 am
Nice work Tiger! Did the square bar have handles at various angles in between two long horizontal bars? My gym has one of those similar to this http://strengthresource.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/tricep-bar.jpg but with a few more handles. I call it a triceps bar, but not sure what it really is.

And sometimes it's good to get some more sleep. You can always hit up whatever you miss later.

Kowboy
08-17-12, 8:05 am
Those are good as well to simulate a log press.

Tiger
08-17-12, 9:11 am
http://strengthresource.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/tricep-bar.jpg

That's the one!!! It kills! I swear it's twice the weight of the EZ Bar!

Tiger
08-17-12, 9:19 am
Well guys, I think it's time for me to cut.

Bulking was decent, and I hope I made some substantial gains, but I think it's time for me to get the bodyfat down to the lower reaches again.

My last cut I got down to about 10% I'm guessing? I was just happy to get trimmed down for the first time in my life, and to know I could do it. I wanted to put on some size after that, and I've put on at least 35lbs this year (last weigh in still to come). Also, I got my arms and calves up to 17.5'', which is a 1.5'' gain I think (I'll also need to check my old measurements). Hopefully I won't lose too much size..

Next up: drop down to single digit bodyfat. I'm thinking I'll use this as a trial to see if I can get into contest condition. Once I get down there I'll try and keep the bodyfat under control so I never get too fat again, and bulk a bit slower.

I kind of wanted to bulk for the entire of this year, but there just comes a time when you don't feel comfortable in your own skin.

I'm training legs on Sunday - after which I'll splurge a good bit (in a backloading kind of style) and then Monday morning I'll begin slowly reducing calories.

Tiger
08-20-12, 9:48 am
Legs on Sunday

2 sets of Leg Extensions to get warmed up

Walking Lunges

Leg Press

Leg Extensions

Lying Leg Curls

SLDL

Got the form for the Walking Lunges sorted I think, and my balance is getting better! Started off with 20KG, added 10KG every set until I was doing 50KG. Quite happy with that - hope to get that up once I've done them a few more times.

Leg Press was rough! Went up to 400KG for 3 reps, then down to 300KG but hitting sets of 5, and then went down to 250KG and pushed out some sets of 12 to finish up.

Leg Extensions were lighter, but really controlled with a massive contraction.

Tiger
08-20-12, 9:57 am
SHOULDERS

BB Press

DB Press

Face Pulls/One Arm Cable Side Raises

CALVES

Leg Press Calf Raises/Standing Calf Raises

Seated Calf Raises

I was shattered this morning... Don't know why. I could have done with some Rage, but I'd filled my bottle with water and thought "Nah, I'll be fine!"

I went to a Global Sweet shop and had my eyes opened by you Yanks and your glorious sweets! Who the fuck invented Peanut Butter Oreo's?! FUCKING GENIUS!

I didn't buy them, since they were about £10, but when October comes around I'm picking up a pack for my birthday!

I did get some Rainbow Cookie Sandwich Pop Tarts... OMG! They're amazing! They blow our Pop Tarts out of the water! If I ever move to America I'll be dirty bulking...

Kowboy
08-20-12, 11:51 am
Looking good man, looks like the strength is seriously going up for you.

Tiger
08-20-12, 11:56 am
Looking good man, looks like the strength is seriously going up for you.

I'm not quite hitting 70lb PR's, but it's getting there I think. Hopefully my strength keeps going up while the fat starts coming off!

Kowboy
08-20-12, 12:46 pm
I'm not quite hitting 70lb PR's, but it's getting there I think. Hopefully my strength keeps going up while the fat starts coming off!

I think that was just due to not testing it for a while. I will certainly take it. I need to take some fat off too but I am just trying to eat clean and wait it out.

Hollow
08-20-12, 12:49 pm
I did get some Rainbow Cookie Sandwich Pop Tarts... OMG! They're amazing! They blow our Pop Tarts out of the water! If I ever move to America I'll be dirty bulking...

Lol!

Workouts are looking solid Tiger.

Tiger
08-21-12, 4:28 am
Thanks Hollow!

Cardio today.

Gonna try and nail 2 or 3 sessions of cardio for the first 2 weeks, and then maybe up it a bit as I go.

Tiger
08-21-12, 11:38 am
Motivation to kill myself in the gym tomorrow has been received.

Tiger
08-22-12, 4:33 am
Cable Pullovers - 5 sets (2 x warm up)

BB Rows - 2 sets, 1 drop set

T-Bar Rows - 2 sets, 1 drop set

Close Grip Pulldowns - 3 sets

Rack Pulls - 4 sets (1 x warm up, last set = rest/pause)

T-shirt was soaked again! The above was done with about 1 mins rest between sets, so it was quick and intense. Hit 6 reps on my last set of Rack Pulls at 130KG, rested up for 10 seconds and pushed out another 3 reps. Managed 10 reps at 120KG before that.

Had some Apple Jacked Rage PreWO - that stuff is awesome!

Noob Saibot
08-22-12, 6:23 pm
Good work going on man. I hear what your saying. I wanted to keep getting bigger so was bulking way over my head and gained more weight than I wanted to. Cut back a little, leaned out and now continue on trying to gain muscle but at a slower pace. Good luck to you, hope you start seeing what your looking for soon.

Tiger
08-23-12, 7:23 am
I think one of my main problems is I've always leant towards holding fat my whole life. Fat kid and all that jazz...

What I think I need to do is get my bodyfat really low to keep my body insulin sensitive and bulk slow from there.

Vinny G talking about what's the point in being a bodybuilder and not looking like one really hit home with me. He doesn't let himself go above 9% bf. I might let myself go up to 12%, but I think that'll be my upper limit. We'll see what happens over the next few months, but there's gonna be lots of hard work in here!

ARMS

BICEPS

BB Curls - pyramid - 10KG, 15KG, 20KG, 25KG, 20KG, 15KG, 10KG

Rope Cable Curls/V Bar Cable Curls - SS

One Arm DB Preacher Curl/Hammer Curl - SS

TRICEPS

DB Extensions

Skull Crushers w/ Tricep Bar - Drop Set on last set

CG Bench Press - sets of 20

Hitting some cardio after work today, and then heading home to watch the Liverpool game (Europa League against Hearts - down in Edinburgh. Gutted I didn't get tickets!). Heading down to Liverpool this weekend for the Liverpool v Man City game - can't wait! Diet may be a bit of a write-off, but I'll try to stop it from getting out of control!

Tiger
08-24-12, 10:11 am
CHEST and ABS

20 Push ups to warm up

Bench Press - 5 sets

Incline Press - 3 sets

Low Cable Flyes

High Cable Flyes

Leg Raises
Decline Crunches w/ 10KG plate
Cable Crunches
Plank

Won't get to the gym this weekend since I'll be in Liverpool, but I've got a half day on Monday, so I'll still hit it before work.

Noob Saibot
08-24-12, 2:06 pm
Nice work, I think I'll try adding in some cable flys again as well.

Tiger
08-28-12, 10:35 am
Weekend was awesome! Memories of Sat night are a bit fuzzy!

The game on Sunday was the best game I've ever been to. Liverpool really should have won, but two errors resulted in two goals conceded, but the atmosphere was electric! Besides, a point against the reigning champions can't be considered a poor result.

Anyways, back to the gym yesterday, and I decided to change it about this week since I'm all over the place with the weekend. So, upper body yesterday, legs on Wed, upper body on Fri and legs again on Sun - hitting it hard, heavy and with next to no rest.

5 sets of T-Bar Rows, Push Ups, DB Shoulder Press

5 sets of Face Pulls, DB Side Raises, Lat Pulldowns

5 sets of Machine Rows, Machine Incline Press

I was struggling to breath towards the end of the first group of exercises - the first 3 sets were done quick-fire. No rest. Then we took 30 secs rest between sets thereafter.

Can't wait for tomorrow - I think it's going to be horrible!!!

Tiger
08-29-12, 4:12 am
Holy shit! I was wearing my grey Animal t-shirt, and it was soaked pretty much right through! There were a few bits that weren't ringing, but not many...

Today, in keeping with this circuit based workouts this week, I did the following:

Hack Squat
SLDL
Seated Calf Raise

30 - 60 sec rest (depending on how well I could breath)

10 sets

Done.

Appollonian
08-29-12, 7:29 am
Great work Tiger! Some brutal combinations you've put together man, can't go wrong there.

Tiger
09-03-12, 6:53 am
Guys, I've still been killing it - don't worry about that! Had an awesome shoulders and calves day today!

However, my dog has been going severely downhill this last week... She's 12 and a half and arthritis has finally took her back legs completely. She can no longer walk more than a few steps, and spends all of her time sitting or lying and trying to get comfortable, but she's restless.

On top of that, her eyesight is almost fully gone I think. She's becoming less responsive, and it's just horrible to see her like this.

At 6:30 tonight she'll be getting put down. She was my first dog - a dog that I pestered my parents for about 10 years before they finally caved in. When I went to view the puppies she was lying upside down while feeding from her mother. She's special.

And now, as I sit here, it doesn't matter how strong or big I am - I can't do anything to make her better.

For her sake, it's time for her to go to a better place.

Last week one of her puppies died. Cancer beat him at the age of 9. He was an amazing dog too.

And, for anyone whose not been reading here for too long, my dog in Australia passed away earlier this year.

So, things could be better. But you've just got to keep pushing on.

Appollonian
09-03-12, 9:28 am
Sorry to hear about this man, it's tough to lose a pet. I still remember when my first passed. Will be praying for you.

Noob Saibot
09-04-12, 11:28 pm
Sorry to hear about that bro, lost a few pets myself, some way too soon.

Tiger
09-05-12, 5:01 am
Thanks guys... It's weird not having her here, and my other dog has gone understandably quiet. She's going to get twice the amount of walks now though, and more attention (that's what all women want, isn't it?).

Anyway, the world doesn't stop. I'm stronger for it (I hope). I stayed with her as she went, and me and my dad shared a rare moment and my mum came back in for us to be together as a family.

Tiger
09-05-12, 5:37 am
CALVES

Seated Calf Raise
100 reps to warm up
4 sets of 20

Calf Extensions
4 sets of 20

SHOULDERS

DB Press
Warm up
4 sets of 20

Side Raises
4 sets of 20

SM Shrugs
4 sets of 20

Super-set
Face Pulls/Cable SB Front Raises
4 sets of 20 each

Tiger
09-05-12, 5:49 am
I was really trying to push my grip today as well...

Warm up
Pull ups x 6
Lat Pulldowns x 20
Lat Shrugs x 20

Super-set
Lat Pulldown/Lat Shrugs
4 sets 12 each

Rope Cable Rows
4 sets of 8-12

Towel T-Bar Rows
4 sets of 8-12

Yates Rows
4 sets of 12

Machine Pullover
3 sets of 12

Rack Pulls
3 sets of 12
1 set of 9... Then hands were done.

I just chalked up for the Rack Pulls and wanted to see how long I could hold out for... The first 3 sets I managed 12 reps and then my hands were feeling it, and then on the last set my hands were done - managed an extra rep or two with fingertips, but that was all I had.

Hopefully my forearms will get stronger and get used to heavier weights.

I think it was Solid Dreams Journey where he was going on about the Lat Shrugs - I would suggest you give them a try if you haven't already! Good shit!

Kowboy
09-05-12, 7:59 am
Killer workout man. Grip comes w/ deadlifts, I never used straps. I typically go double overhand or whatever until I can't get my sets in. It has really helped me out a lot.

Appollonian
09-05-12, 8:58 am
Like Mark said the grip will come with time. Up to a certain weigth I use double overhand, then over that go to alternating, but my back has always been the weak point, not my grip.

And solid work man, keep it up.

Tiger
09-06-12, 6:10 am
Thanks brothers - I'll keep at it!

Weight is down to 210lbs, any my waist on my trousers is noticeably looser.

ARMS

TRICEPS

Rope Pulldown - 3 sets of 8-12

DB Extension - 3 sets of 12-15

Reverse Grip SB Pulldown - 3 sets of 20

BICEPS

DB Curl (against a wall - no cheating) - 3 sets of 8-12

Preacher DB Curl - 3 sets of 12

Bicep Curl Machine - HRT!

Busted it out fairly quick, despite taking a while to wake up this morning. Don't know why I'm so exhausted this morning... Could have done with some Rage, but I only want to use it on the days where I know I'm going to be killing myself (like yesterday).

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tart... OMG! I've also had the Rainbow Cookie Sandwich, Apple Struddle, Cinnamon Suger and Hot Fudge Sundae. Why do you Yanks keep all the delicious Tarts to yourself?! We've only got Strawberry and Chocolate. That damned Sweet Shop is going to take all my money on Pop Tarts!

Appollonian
09-06-12, 8:16 am
Nice work Tiger! I think most days if you can make it to the gym and get a few warmup sets in, you'll wake up. That said I love Rage and Shock Therapy... just saying.

And what kind of madness are you talking about with PopTarts this early! OK so it's early for me... my friends back in college used to heat the poptarts up, poor a small bowl of milk, and break the poptart up and eat it like cereal. I did it a few times and oh man it's good.

Tiger
09-06-12, 9:17 am
Nice work Tiger! I think most days if you can make it to the gym and get a few warmup sets in, you'll wake up. That said I love Rage and Shock Therapy... just saying.

And what kind of madness are you talking about with PopTarts this early! OK so it's early for me... my friends back in college used to heat the poptarts up, poor a small bowl of milk, and break the poptart up and eat it like cereal. I did it a few times and oh man it's good.

Yeah, that's what I found today. A few warm ups, and then during my first working set I sort of snapped into it. Still, I think I need a better sleep tonight!

That sounds epic! I would hit that up if I wasn't cutting just now...

I love finishing my workout, heading to work, sitting at my desk with my protein shake and a Pop Tart or Haribo or a Cupcake or something delicious, which receives many a look of envy from co-workers (especially my mate who's currently on Keto, haha).

Tiger
09-07-12, 7:18 am
Woke up with some life about me this morning! Got my 8 hours last night!

Incline Bench - 5 sets of 20

Plate loaded Machine Press - 3 sets of 12-20

DB Flyes/Neutral Grip DB Press - 3 sets of 12/Failure

DB Flyes w/ knee raises - not sure of what these are called TBH - I started calling them crucifixes due to the position at the bottom of the movement (arms out for flye, legs extended). I'm sure someone will tell me what they're actually called, heh.

Hanging Knee Raises

Cable Woodchoppers

Cable Crunches

Dead Bugs

GUNS
09-07-12, 8:30 am
Always a good thing when you can get a great night sllep in ya!

Hollow
09-07-12, 8:31 am

Broken up Poptarts and Ice Cream is a winning combination as well!

Woke up with some life about me this morning! Got my 8 hours last night!

Incline Bench - 5 sets of 20

Plate loaded Machine Press - 3 sets of 12-20

DB Flyes/Neutral Grip DB Press - 3 sets of 12/Failure

DB Flyes w/ knee raises - not sure of what these are called TBH - I started calling them crucifixes due to the position at the bottom of the movement (arms out for flye, legs extended). I'm sure someone will tell me what they're actually called, heh.

Hanging Knee Raises

Cable Woodchoppers

Cable Crunches

Dead Bugs

Solid workout Tiger! It's always good when you can get a good amount of sleep in.

Tiger
09-07-12, 10:11 am
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/03/bacon_and_cheese_stuffed_pizza.php/

I... Must... Have... You!

Hollow
09-07-12, 10:16 am

Lol...all the power to you! I'll pass on that one.

GUNS
09-07-12, 12:39 pm

I may have to give this a try when I got my son around. We would destroy this thing!

Solid Dreams
09-07-12, 1:02 pm
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/02/see-this-is-why-youre-fat.php

I'm sad because apparently the doughnut hamburgers arent very good.

Solid Dreams
09-07-12, 1:58 pm
http://www.goonswithspoons.com/Hot_Dog_Rollup

Ah, one of my friends made this. Looking at all the disgustingly delicious foods reminded me of it. he said it was the best thing he's ever had.

Hollow
09-07-12, 2:16 pm
http://www.goonswithspoons.com/Hot_Dog_Rollup

Ah, one of my friends made this. Looking at all the disgustingly delicious foods reminded me of it. he said it was the best thing he's ever had.

Lol...I like the warning at the beginning.

GUNS
09-07-12, 3:26 pm
Warning

This should not be made or consumed by anyone with heart problems, liver/kidney disease, diabetics, anyone who is pregnant or nursing, the clinically obese, vegetarians, anyone who wants to live past 35 without having a heart attack, also anyone with any health problems what-so-ever. I take no responsibility any actions or death that results from this thread and recipe.

...it's just that good.

Hahahaha! That pretty much rules everyone on earth out!

Tiger
09-10-12, 6:15 am
Food, glorious food!

On that topic - post workout yesterday:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/120sca8.jpg

http://oi47.tinypic.com/35asqkk.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/v32atg.jpg

Damn! That was good! I earned it - I was almost sick!

SUNDAY - LEGS

Walking Lunges
20KG x 24 steps
30KG x 24
40KG x 24
50KG x 24

Treadmill Sprints/16KG Kettlebell Swings
Went on a treadmill, held on and started pushing it without turning it on, and then started sprinting for 30 seconds. Did the Kettlebell Swings straight after - aiming for 20 reps, but after the first set I think I could only manage about 15-16 reps... I was breathing HARD! Headed to the toilet to get more water and I was close to puking.

Front Squats
Kept this light, but nailed the form!

Leg Extensions
2 x 12 reps
1 x 10 reps, then 10 partials

Lying Leg Curls
2 x 20 reps
1 x 18 reps, then 10 partials

Headed home, made the nacho's, ate until I couldn't move!

Tiger
09-10-12, 6:21 am
CALVES

Seated Calf Raise
1 x 100 reps
3 x 20 reps

Standing Calf Raise
3 x 50 reps

Calf Extension Machine
5 x 20 reps

SHOULDERS

Seated BB Press
3 x 8-12

Standing DB Side Lateral Raise
5 x 20

Rear Delt on Pec Machine
3 x 12-20

Shoulder Press Machine
5 x 20

Kept rest to a minimum. I did a set, my trainer partner did a set, repeat...

Shoulders looked the biggest they've ever looked afterwards. MASSIVE pump! Can't wait to get a little more definition going on - veins are starting to show up a bit more too.

Noob Saibot
09-10-12, 7:01 am
Nice shoulder workout. I like the 5 sets at the end to pump all that blood and nutrients in. Also those nachos looked awesome!!!

Tiger
09-10-12, 12:30 pm
Thanks man! Those nacho's really were awesome! And they had a fair kick to them!

I was really getting a pump all throughout. I'm starting to enjoy shoulders more too - cause or effect of the better workouts? Heh.

Tiger
09-12-12, 5:37 am
All this talk of pull ups has gave me the bug...

I'm aware my pull ups suck, so I figured I better start doing more of them!

Pull Ups
10 sets of 3 reps - not amazing, but I wanted to hit 30 reps one way or another!

Deadlift
60KG to warm up
80KG x 3
100KG x 3
110KG x 3
120KG x 3
130KG x 3
140KG x 1
60KG x 20

BB Rows
Pyramid - 12/10/8/6/4/6/8/10/12 - adding a little weight each set, and then coming back down

CG Pulldowns
12 reps
8 reps
8 reps
6 reps
6 reps

Got a mean sweat on - wasn't the heaviest looking of days, but it felt like it! Squeezed the shit out of my back throughout! My legs were struggling on the deads to get any power out of the hole... Think they're still a bit tired from Sunday!

Appollonian
09-12-12, 6:47 am
Solid work going on Tiger!

With all the food pics, I felt like I was in Jimmy's (GUNS) journey from a few months back haha. For some reason I have almost no appetite immediately following a workout, hats off to you bud.

How do you feel after 9 sets of rows? And remember it's not all about the weights; feeling the movement is just as if not more important.

Tiger
09-12-12, 7:13 am
Really? Damn, I could eat ANYTHING after a good workout! I love food, I love cooking, and I'll probably keep posting pics up of anything delicious that I make!

I didn't even realize I'd done 9 sets of rows until you just said... I feel good! That last set of 12 really killed - my back was screaming, and every rep got a big contraction apart from maybe the last rep where I was really struggling. There wasn't much rest between sets either - just the time for me and the guy I was training with to put on more weight and then the time it took for him do his set - then I jumped straight in after him.

I hear ya! I don't worry about the weight - I know there are a lot of journeys where people are throwing around silly weights, and I'm not that concerned that that's not what you get in here. You just get me putting in as much effort as I have - honest, hard work where I don't want to finish any workout and feel like I had anything left to give.

GUNS
09-12-12, 9:17 am
I am not much of a "big" eater right after I eat either. I think cause I drink so much that Im just full. But about an hour or 2 later, Ill put some serious food down. Hey man, thats some solid work on the back!

Tiger
09-12-12, 9:47 am
Thanks GUNS!

Yeah, I know what you mean about right after the workout, but after legs it usually takes an hour for me to get my composure, get showered and then either head home and cook something or head to a restaurant and get served - so my appetite is kicking in by then!

Unscheduled cheat tomorrow - my work is offering us free pizza for lunch tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to have to behave over the weekend to compensate! I'm away to my folks place in Portugal in 2 weeks, so I'd like to lose some more off the gut before I head off!

Tiger
09-13-12, 4:44 am
CHEST

Decline Bench
12/10/8/6/4/6/8/10/12

Incline DB
3 x 12

Machine Flyes
12/10/8/20 w/ 4 negatives

Machine Chest Press
3 sets of Partials - 20 reps

ABS

Hanging Leg Raises

Cable Crunch

Decline Crunches

My back is feeling it from yesterday! Chest was feeling strong today though. I'm enjoying these pyramids just now - going to do them again next week, but start a little bit heavier and see if I can build some strength while dropping the lbs.

As I mentioned, free pizza from work today, so I'm taking advantage and doing a little indulgence today. Still going to go do some cardio after work though - I did cardio after work yesterday too.

Weight is around 209.5lbs. Hopefully lose a few more lbs before heading off to Portugal on the 25th, and then I'll have a week in the sun, eating like a regular Joe. There is a bit in my folks flat that is good for pull ups though, so I may take advantage of that and try and build that up since I'm not going to be doing anything else (apart from maybe swimming).

Tiger
09-14-12, 6:32 am
TRICEPS

Rope Pulldown
Warm up
15KG x 12
20KG x 10
25KG x 8
30KG x 6
35KG x 4
30KG x 6
25KG x 8
20KG x 10
15KG x 12

DB OH Ext
5 sets - 25KG x 10

Tricep Cable Kickback
5 sets - 10KG x 12

BICEPS

Cable Curls
Warm up
30KG x 12
35KG x 10
40KG x 8
45KG x 6
50KG x 4
45KG x 6
40KG x 8
35KG x 10
30KG x 12

BB Preacher Curls
5 sets - 15KG x 10

Overhand BB Curl with wrists down/Overhand BB Curl with wrists up
3 sets of 10KG x 20/20

The cables for the Rope Pulldown seem a lot heavier than the cables I used for the Bicep Curl, so I wouldn't read into the difference in "weight" there... 2nd Cables are probably just older or some shit.

Focused a lot more on the constant tension of every exercise and the contraction - arms felt huge! Washing my hair wasn't easy afterwards!

Appollonian
09-14-12, 1:12 pm
Nice work Tiger! Putting in some major volume!

Some interesting things go on with cable/pulley systems. I've seen some that on each handle show what the weight would be if you used to handles, like cable flyes. So the weight stack says 150 lb, bu really each hand is doing 75 lb. Then I've seen single stacks that show exactly how much you'll be moving (150 lb is 150 lb) and others yet where a single stack shows 2x the real weight, and double setups that show the real weight... it's all confusing. Each stack should say exactly how much weight you'll move if you use THAT single handle ONLY, lol.

Tiger
09-17-12, 7:22 am
Legs on Sunday

Leg Extensions warm up

Squats
10 sets - 4-12 reps

Leg Press
5 sets - 20 reps

Leg Extensions
5 sets - 6-20 reps

Seated Leg Curls
5 sets - 12-20 reps

Lying Leg Curls
3 sets - 8-12 reps

SLDL
2 sets
12 reps
12 reps - 10 second RP - 9 reps

I was training on my own today - think I busted it out in about an hour.

Also, I did 40 mins on the treadmill on Fri after work (uphill, brisk walk - HR - 140BPM) and then on Sat went on the Stairmaster for 30 mins on the fat burning setting (which is pretty much intervals).

Tiger
09-17-12, 7:35 am
Shoulders

DB Press
Warm up and rotator cuff work
Pyramid - 9 sets - 4-12 reps

Face Pulls/Cable Front Raise
5 sets of 12 each

Side Lateral Raises
5 sets of 8-12

Calves

Seated Calf Raise
5 sets of 8-100

Leg Press Calf Raise
4 sets of 25
Finished up with a set hitting as many reps as possible, resting for 10 seconds, going again, until I got up to 100 reps.

Calves could have exploded! I was scared to look down in case they actually were on fire! Haha.

GUNS
09-17-12, 10:20 am
Nice couple of days Tiger! Everywhere I go, all the cables are all different and I usually start out that exercise with a set that I can get a feel for the machine and how it works! Way to destroy those calves!

Noob Saibot
09-17-12, 10:27 am
Hey man check this exercise out to replace the side lateral raises. Its called Scaption, in between a front raise and side lateral. Lots of info on google, but basically it is better for your rotator cuff and joints, builds muscle too. I've been using it and can't see going back to regular raises any time soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5alBM-Kfxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tiger
09-17-12, 12:15 pm
GUNS - I've figured out that one of the cables seems to be half the resistance of the other (if that makes sense), but I'm still trying to figure out another one of the cables out, haha.

Noob - I saw another Journey (maybe yours?) where someone was doing those Scaptions! I might give them a try and see how I get on.

Noob Saibot
09-17-12, 2:07 pm
It's a great exercise and you'll feel how much more natural a movement it is for your shoulders than the conventional lateral raise

Tiger
09-18-12, 10:07 am
40 mins of cardio this morning - some intervals throughout.

Back tomorrow. Gonna bump my starting weight up by a tiny bit and do a pyramid on BB Row - so each set will be about 2.5KG heavier.

Kowboy
09-18-12, 10:09 am
Got caught up, everything is looking good man. You feeling good? I seen you mention dieting down to get contest ready. I am looking forward to watching that. I just cleaned up my diet a lot and may up the conditioning work to drop the spare tire.

Tiger
09-18-12, 10:22 am
Got caught up, everything is looking good man. You feeling good? I seen you mention dieting down to get contest ready. I am looking forward to watching that. I just cleaned up my diet a lot and may up the conditioning work to drop the spare tire.

I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm hungry! Haha. Yeah, currently trying to get down to about 4% bf - started off at 216lbs and I'm down to 208lbs now, so I'm on track. On holiday next week though, so I don't know how I'll get on there.

I'll get some pics posted up once I'm done. Hopefully that'll be by the end of the year or early 2013.

Sounds good - the last pics you posted up you were definitely looking leaner/meaner. With the amount of work you're putting in though, I'm not surprised!