PDA

View Full Version : A New Start. My Journey. Time to remodel.

sean24
01-09-12, 5:50 pm
I've been liftin' for a while but today was different. Today I decided as The Machine puts it to be depth charge day. I only weigh a light 151 pounds but at my school I work out with the guys that weigh 250. I go hard and do work as hard and fast as I can. Anyways it's leg depth charge day. I power through my superset of leg extensions and leg press and move on to my squat. Usually my squat consists of sets of 10 with 315 till I puke, the Animal way, but today I was focused on hittin it right. Now, I used to make fun of the guys I call "Johnny Half-Squats" cuz they bend their knees and go back up. A true half squat. Now that I do go lower than these guys I wasn't getting a full parrallel. So I load up the bar expecting to absolutely kill 315 and do it right. Well on my 2nd set I go full squat and only get 2 freakin reps. 2 REPS!!! Are u freakin kiddin me?! I was pissed but while my glutes and quads are strong, my hips are weak as shit. I learned something today. No more "Johnny-Half Squat" for me. I'm takin everything to the chin and squattin through the freakin floor. I learned to shut up and do work right before I even think of criticizing others. Now it's time to remodel. Kill everything. I don't wanna be able to walk through my gyms doors on leg days. So for now on it's payback time. I'm payin myself back full for the time I spent half squattin shit. It's time to earn my honor back. Time for work.

C.Coronato
01-10-12, 3:53 pm
Welcome brother, and you have a good mind set. Everyone starts somewhere, and everyone at one point, was sitting there under that squat rack, struggling. Glad to see you are hitting it brother.