PDA

View Full Version : Help on training intensity

Come_fly_with_me
01-10-12, 3:56 pm
Dear all , I have searched through page after page and couldnt really find anything that covered this as you advise before posting a new one . This is my first thread so hear goes.

I wanna ask about training intensity. When I get in the gym I got full steam , flat out , as hard as I can to the point where I've had nosebleeds and fallen over straight dead collapse after sets.

Is this how I should be approaching it ?

I ask as some threads I've read have said that working the muscle , feeling it work and it pumping etc is the aim rather than flat out destroying it . I have tried both and both work to an extent . What do you guys do ?

Example

I was doing my weekly arm routine the other day and went until I couldnt even curl a 6kg dumbell , my hand wouldnt grip or lift it . I had nothing left . Is this the right way to be doing it ? If i train any other way I feel Ive cheated myself .

What are your thoughts ? Is there a right or wrong answer? I know results are what matter but sometimes bad form etc still yields results at first before injuring and so forth.

Peace

Lifting_Is_Life
01-10-12, 4:15 pm
Hey man, so what I would do is since both are working to an extent. Access which is best, do it, and when it starts to stall progress, simply change it up! All I would make sure to do, is if you are training to that extent and failure, make sure your calorie intake is up there or your energy levels and size will actually decrease. That'd be counter productive and definitely a waste of your time. Sure someone else will chime in to help out, but those are my opinions, good luck!

Carrnage
01-10-12, 5:46 pm
Training to muscular / neurological failure?

I would only apply that if I knew my body could recover from it and actually get something out of it.

How?

If your sleep is perfect, and your nutrition is literally on point, go for it.

If your sleep or nutrition is not optimal, don't even think about taking a step foward.

Back To Basics
01-10-12, 9:06 pm
I train to failure every set - always. (Medium volume)

I love it, just like you said man training for a pump is not training in my opinion. I think we should push it hard every time if were able to BUT as Carrnage said sleep, nutrition and stress have to be 100%. I think I'm able to train this way because I'm lucky enough to get 8-10 hours of sleep every single night and I don't train more than two days in a row + I try my hardest to never miss a meal.

If you feel good, your energy is there and your pushing it 100% everyday than no need to stop. SOO many people out there think their going to "overtrain" if they push it to the max and they don't even give their body's a chance to adapt to the intensity so they always stay in the same mindset fearing 'Failure'.
Go kill it.

Come_fly_with_me
01-11-12, 3:45 pm
I hit every meal and set alarms in my phone for each one so food is good .
Well supplemented - mostly from Animal
Sleep - I have never been a big sleeper but I get 7hrs a night and nap on the weekends . This is far better than the 3-4 I got a night before I trained .

Thanks guys.