PDA

View Full Version : Help For A Fat ASS!!!!!!!

slightlytrashy
01-12-12, 10:57 am
Im new to the site and have already found lots of helpful info on it. Im 27 years old and ive trained off and on for the last 6 years and had some real good results considering my lack of diet control. Ive had a back injury in the last 3 years that comes back to haunt me when i get a little carried away in the gym that gives me the excuse to give up everytime. I have the back problem taken care of as of now and have been hitting the gym consistently 5 days a week. I am 6'1" and approx. 340 pounds with 100-125 pounds of fat mostly around my stomach and thighs. Ive been walking about 3-6 miles a day at work for cardio and following that by a bulking training session every night. Ive been doing a new diet that i found on here that is called carb cycling i guess and it seems to be working pretty good and im tweeking it now for the best results. I bulk back up pretty quickly thanks to dormant muscle, and i can shred the fat pretty quickly when i set my mind to it. Im wanting to put muscle back on while losing this horrendious fat im lugging around at the same time, and i know it can be done because ive seen it happen to friends. So basically what my question is does anybody out there have any legit advice or tips they have used to accomplish this feat. What im doing now seems to be working but any little edge i can get on this helps. Im not looking for a miracle here just want to do this thing right for once.

JUGGERNAUT
01-12-12, 11:05 am
Sounds like you are doing good already. Best advice now is to stick with it until you stop losing fat, or are not gaining strength; then we can add our 2 cents. Good luck and welcome.

Mr. Dead
01-12-12, 11:11 am
Sounds like you are doing good already. Best advice now is to stick with it until you stop losing fat, or are not gaining strength; then we can add our 2 cents. Good luck and welcome.

Agreed...

slightlytrashy
01-12-12, 12:20 pm
thanks guys, i guess i should have been a little more clear about the diet part. im tryin to figure out exactly or a ball park about what my carb, protein, and fat intake should be on the low, mid , and high carb day. I found a general calculator on the web that has me right now at carbs 170g- lowg, 510- mid, and 765g- high. It said i need to keep my Fats around 85-90g, and my protein anywhere form 425- 510g. Does this seem like it is a good set of numbers to start off with, this diet is new to me ive always done low carb and cal, high protein diets. Im more focused on the bulking part right now to get my muscle back and ive always been a bigger thicker guy and i have a lot of saggy skin so im not to concerned on the ripped factor yet. I plan to do this for about a month and then take a week or two to kind of thin out a bit. Thanks guys i appreciate the hell out of the advice. I hate when a guy that has weighed 165 lbs his whole life tries to tell me how to train and diet at a weight hes never delt with lol.

BigChrisF
01-13-12, 3:20 am
My opinion is that it's a little on the high side for calories. You can still gain strength and muscle while losing fat when you are that far overweight. Some basic info for your own reference is that carbohydrates and protein have 4 calories per gram, alcohol has 7 calories and fat has 9. So for your high days you are looking down the barrel of almost 6000 calories I would shoot for around 4000-5000 calories on a high day, 3000 on your mid and 2000 on your low. You should expect to feel like you are dragging ass on your low days. Rough idea would be to aim for 40% protein, 40% carbohydrate, and 20% fat from those calories. Eventually you should get a handle on how your body responds best for training and fat loss and you can adjust things how you see fit.

slightlytrashy
01-13-12, 10:09 am
yeah i thought it was a little high too but wasnt sure. i really appreciate the advice and help. any other advice you can think of ill gladly take too.

Go Away
01-13-12, 11:18 am
The advice I've received on here has been to worry about the fat first an the muscle later. That is because I was at 6'0" 300 lbs and wanted to get more muscle and burn fat.

I was told that obesity not only lowers testosterone, therefore lowering muscle growth, but also raises cortisol which raises fat storage. Also, obese people have less insulin sensitivity so out ability to store fat is extremely high.

Cut the fat down so the muscle can grow easier, basically.
So right now I'm working on lifting heavy as shit with strict form, keeping a caloric deficit daily with a cheat meal once a week, def adhering to the 20/40/40 of healthy fat/complex carbs/lean protein and doing as much as possible to maintain the muscle I currently have.

Both of us have more muscle underneath us than the average skinny person with ripped abs... And I've had plenty of friends say they wish they had my frame because burning day is much easier than gaining muscle. They have the six pack I want but I have the underlying structure they work hard to get.

I say ate advantage of the fact that when you slim down you'll still be bigger than the average... And work at getting that fat off.

I'm 35 lbs lighter since Thanksgiving and I'm steadily increasing my lifts as well as losing pant sizes. I say under my estimated Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) of 2500 calories per day by about 1000 on non-lift days and then eat another 1000 extra on lifting days to keep my body fed, but just under maintenance. I burn about 1000 calories in the gym when I go too - warm up cardio, lifting, post-cardio.

As you lose fat your RMR will increase because you're metabolism has boosted, so listen to your body. I'm way hungrier now than when I was at 300 lbs, 36% BF.

Lift big, eat smart, rest well and stay consistent, homie.

C.Coronato
01-16-12, 11:23 am
If your looking to drop fat, i think a high day of 765 is a ton, but at the same time, if you feel good and you are losing weight, i wouldn't change to much just because some book said you should. Stick with what is working for you and when you stall then you can begin to change it up.

What is your exact diet looking like now?

slightlytrashy
01-16-12, 12:28 pm
well im taking everything that all you guys have posted on here and i EXTREMELY appreciatte all of it. I kind of took a step back and did a little more researching and tweeking, and what ive came up with is a lot less and im gonna try it for a week or so, what i was doing was a little much i think and i always fill full and bloated. So what ive come up with now is....... (carb30%- protein50%- fat20%) Low Day 2000 Cal= Carb- 150g, Protein- 250g, Fat- 44g. Mid Day 3000 Cal= Carb- 225g, Protein- 375g, Fat- 66g. High Day 4500 Cal= Carb- 337g, Protein- 562g, Fat- 100g. Im goin to try and cycle it this way in the week, Sunday- Low, Monday- High, Tuesday-Low, Wednesday- Low, Thursday- Mid, Friday- Low, Saturday- Low. I normally train Monday - Friday and take the weekends off, but im goin to start adding a short cardio session on the weekend days to keep active and keep the burn going. Like i said this diet is really new to me and i thank all you guys for the advice and help.

BigChrisF
01-16-12, 8:48 pm
Seems like a reasonable plan to me.

slightlytrashy
01-26-12, 3:33 am
Ok so im 26 days in this new diet plan i have, ive been hitting the gym consistently 5 times a week, ive seen huge gains in strength and in physical appearence and looks. I havent been paying to much attention to the scale cuz i know the troubles it can cause my head at this time, but i know i have been putting a LOT of muscle back on quick and i can tell in my clothes im losing fat. I have cut my high carb day out because i think it is just to much and does more harm then good but i have stuck with my Mid carb day and ate good clean healthy carbs. My problem im running into is i dont think im getting enough protein. Im still about 340 lbs and i know its cuz im bulking back up, but everyone that i talk to and i only ask advice from people that are legit and have the goods to back their advice up. They are all telling me i need about 1.5 grams of protein per body pound to keep building mass and burning fat. So at my current diet on my low day im at 2000 calories, 150 grams of carbs (most being PWO), 250 grams of protein, and 44 grams of fat. So if i rework this at 1.5 grams of protein per pound, im 510 g protein. Which if i did my research correctly is just over 2000 calories a day just in protein. So my dilema is where do i draw the line on calorie intake to not get fat while i build back up. I really never feel drained even on my low carb days. I reworked it to 3000 calories, and a 15%carb, 70%protein, 15%fat, ratio and that leaves me with 112g carb, 525g protein, 50g fat. Like i said what im doing now is working but if i can tweek this thing to get better results and in a faster manner i want to do it. Just looking to see if you guys got any input on wether or not that is to many calories and if that protein amount sounds right. Thanks for all the advice and help, im addicted to this site i check it about 20 times a day!

Go Away
01-26-12, 5:52 am
Ok so im 26 days in this new diet plan i have, ive been hitting the gym consistently 5 times a week, ive seen huge gains in strength and in physical appearence and looks. I havent been paying to much attention to the scale cuz i know the troubles it can cause my head at this time, but i know i have been putting a LOT of muscle back on quick and i can tell in my clothes im losing fat. I have cut my high carb day out because i think it is just to much and does more harm then good but i have stuck with my Mid carb day and ate good clean healthy carbs. My problem im running into is i dont think im getting enough protein. Im still about 340 lbs and i know its cuz im bulking back up, but everyone that i talk to and i only ask advice from people that are legit and have the goods to back their advice up. They are all telling me i need about 1.5 grams of protein per body pound to keep building mass and burning fat. So at my current diet on my low day im at 2000 calories, 150 grams of carbs (most being PWO), 250 grams of protein, and 44 grams of fat. So if i rework this at 1.5 grams of protein per pound, im 510 g protein. Which if i did my research correctly is just over 2000 calories a day just in protein. So my dilema is where do i draw the line on calorie intake to not get fat while i build back up. I really never feel drained even on my low carb days. I reworked it to 3000 calories, and a 15%carb, 70%protein, 15%fat, ratio and that leaves me with 112g carb, 525g protein, 50g fat. Like i said what im doing now is working but if i can tweek this thing to get better results and in a faster manner i want to do it. Just looking to see if you guys got any input on wether or not that is to many calories and if that protein amount sounds right. Thanks for all the advice and help, im addicted to this site i check it about 20 times a day!

Rest assured, that is 1.5g per pound of lean muscle mass. You stated earlier that you had around 100-120 lbs of fat on your frame, so subtract that from your overall weight and use that as a base line for protein intake. Dont worry about boosting your calories at all, and dont overthink this. cutting out healthy carbs and fats for more protein would not be beneficial at this point. if youre seeing good results, keep it moving!

i made the mistake early on by listening to a personal trainer in a free gift session... who told me when i was trying to lose weight to eat over my maintanence no matter what day it was, workout day or not. he told me to increase everything and i was eating 3500 calories daily trying to lose body fat. it didnt work at all. i was never in a caloric deficit and on the days i didnt lift or do cardio i was packing mad weight on. no good!

listen to your body and take notice in how your strength gains coinside with the way your clothes are fitting. sounds like your most recent plan before this 510g of protein idea is working. stick with it, homie.