PDA

View Full Version : Changing winds

Machine
01-17-12, 12:47 pm
Just dropping a line to remind all of us that though the date may change we must remain steadfast in our quest for self discovery. I am entrenched at my mountain headquarters; chopping wood, working in the stoneyard, and challenging the norms of physical culture.

Catch me up my brothers; I want to hear what your up to and where you stand on your own personal quests these days.

MACHINE

G Diesel
01-17-12, 1:14 pm
Always good to read your words my brother... Awesome to have you back in the mix.

Peace, G

Sprint
01-17-12, 5:10 pm
Good to see you posting again Machine.

To answer your question, just finished the Indoor track athletics season, & just under 6 weeks away from the beginning of contest prep for my next appearance on the bodybuilding stage.

The Journey continues...

shortstack
01-17-12, 5:28 pm
Awesome to hear from Machine again.

I'm on a quest to pack on as much mass as I can and not go overboard as I did a couple years back. Been stuck at 180 for too long and I need to get my shape back to freaky, or at the very least, so my XL animal shirts are tight again.

Inspire us again Brother!!!!

Jeremy

smoothballer
01-18-12, 10:01 am
Awesome to hear from the All Mighty Machine!

You planning on making an appearance at the Arnold?

I am on a quest for strength as I have switched my training towards powerlifting. Main focus is fixing my squat. Currently I can bench more than I squat and deadlift almost double so I know things must change.

Cellardweller
01-18-12, 6:09 pm
Hope things are well for you and yours Machine. Working on that book yet?

As for me at the beging of the year I looked back in my Journey to the begining of 2011 and crunched some numbers. Here's my gains over the last year while pretty much maintaining the same body weight.

added 60lb to squats
added 40lb to my deadlift
added 55lb to my bench

I stopped doing 5x5 and started doing 5/3/1 three months ago. Shooting for similar gains and bringing up my deadlift more.

Machine
01-18-12, 7:36 pm
Always good to read your words my brother... Awesome to have you back in the mix.

Peace, G

Thanks brother...glad you stopped by and I hope all is well in your world.

Machine

Machine
01-18-12, 7:37 pm
Good to see you posting again Machine.

To answer your question, just finished the Indoor track athletics season, & just under 6 weeks away from the beginning of contest prep for my next appearance on the bodybuilding stage.

The Journey continues...

Awesome! good luck with your prep and take the fight to the enemy!

MACHINE

Machine
01-18-12, 7:37 pm
Awesome to hear from Machine again.

I'm on a quest to pack on as much mass as I can and not go overboard as I did a couple years back. Been stuck at 180 for too long and I need to get my shape back to freaky, or at the very least, so my XL animal shirts are tight again.

Inspire us again Brother!!!!

Jeremy

The quest to XL is on my brother...no fucking surrender!

MACHINE

Machine
01-18-12, 7:40 pm
Awesome to hear from the All Mighty Machine!

You planning on making an appearance at the Arnold?

I am on a quest for strength as I have switched my training towards powerlifting. Main focus is fixing my squat. Currently I can bench more than I squat and deadlift almost double so I know things must change.

Thank you; so often, as relates to the squat, so much of what happens when the barbell is loaded is formulated from the baseline of your comfort without weight. Get comfortable in the hole, you must be totally balanced and comfortable in the hole with perfectly flat feet...only then is it appropriate to add a loaded barbell.

Good luck

MACHINE

Machine
01-18-12, 7:43 pm
Hope things are well for you and yours Machine. Working on that book yet?

As for me at the beging of the year I looked back in my Journey to the begining of 2011 and crunched some numbers. Here's my gains over the last year while pretty much maintaining the same body weight.

added 60lb to squats
added 40lb to my deadlift
added 55lb to my bench

I stopped doing 5x5 and started doing 5/3/1 three months ago. Shooting for similar gains and bringing up my deadlift more.

I am gald to read of your hard earned gains; you should be very proud. Keep moving no matter how small the gains may be...just give back no ground once it has been taken.

MACHINE

Sprint
01-18-12, 7:57 pm
Awesome! good luck with your prep and take the fight to the enemy!

MACHINE

Thanks man, fighting for every extra 1/8th of an inch before the fight for every drop of 0.5% bf, whilst balls-deep in the middle of the athletics outdoor season.

Many folk have said "You can't run, not looking like that" & admittedly having seen pictures of myself in full sprint, it doesn't seem to stack up too well & I certainly ain't a graceful, smooth running athlete but you need a little friction to start a fire, right?

Besides, a bumblebee shouldn't technically be able to fly.

No limitations, forfeit your right to be average.

Kain81
01-18-12, 8:37 pm
just quoted you earlier in a facebook post - hope all is well.

Me? Downing my Rage & Pump and heading to turn my shoulders into cantaloupes!

Crash
01-18-12, 9:16 pm
...Training to take 1st in the 220 Raw Class of the SPF NWA regionals in 2013...With visable abs...The very definition of Powerbuilding...

smoothballer
01-18-12, 10:05 pm
Thank you; so often, as relates to the squat, so much of what happens when the barbell is loaded is formulated from the baseline of your comfort without weight. Get comfortable in the hole, you must be totally balanced and comfortable in the hole with perfectly flat feet...only then is it appropriate to add a loaded barbell.

Good luck

MACHINE

You are a very wise man. I am not comfortable or balanced at all in the hole.

G Diesel
01-19-12, 4:12 pm
Thanks brother...glad you stopped by and I hope all is well in your world.

Machine

All is well man... Busy. Hungry. Motivated. Blessed in many ways, but always struggling for better.

An interesting question I have for you would be this...

We're constantly evolving and growing as people (I hope) and as that process goes, so inevitably, does our prioritization for the weights, supps, meals, etc--basically everything physical that defines the bodybuilding lifestyle. I often find it interesting, to think of the time in my life when I was most committed to the endeavors of physical culture, whenever that was, and then compare myself today to that. It is an enlightening process and sometimes shocking if you're really honest.

If you had to compare your most dedicated and enthralled by your physique pursuits to where you stand right now, where would you rank yourself today, 1-10?

Peace, G

C.Coronato
01-19-12, 5:03 pm
Always a pleasure to hear from you Machine. You keep a fire lit in most people who have never met you, but have so often read your words. Thank you my brother.

My journey continues onto the PL platform for the first time as well as rehabbing my quad back to size after ACL reconstruction surgery back in March so i can get back on stage! Family and Happiness are on the forefront. Keeping up with that is the main priority.

Machine
01-19-12, 9:09 pm
All is well man... Busy. Hungry. Motivated. Blessed in many ways, but always struggling for better.

An interesting question I have for you would be this...

We're constantly evolving and growing as people (I hope) and as that process goes, so inevitably, does our prioritization for the weights, supps, meals, etc--basically everything physical that defines the bodybuilding lifestyle. I often find it interesting, to think of the time in my life when I was most committed to the endeavors of physical culture, whenever that was, and then compare myself today to that. It is an enlightening process and sometimes shocking if you're really honest.

If you had to compare your most dedicated and enthralled by your physique pursuits to where you stand right now, where would you rank yourself today, 1-10?

Peace, G

Nice question; I'd expect nothing less from you G...you have a beautiful state of mind. As far as pure bodybuilding and what that meant to me conceptually, and under the criteria you have outlined...I am a solid 6. To qualify though; I had a very narrow conceptulization of physical culture and bodybuilding. My mind works with greater clarity these days...I identify more with Sacco and Vanzetti than I do with Cutler and Green. I see now that it has to be about more than redefining the physical paradigm; what good is health and strength if it does not elevate the weakest of us. I do believe that my base of exercise knowledge has widened considerably and I am more inclined to encourage a more athletically functional paradigm; I see no value added in the proliferation of the obsolete image of weight lifters as clowns and idiots.

Rule #1: If your not strong; you better be smart...but its best to be a bit of both I suspect.

Hope this answer makes sense.

Thanks G

MACHINE

Machine
01-19-12, 9:17 pm
Always a pleasure to hear from you Machine. You keep a fire lit in most people who have never met you, but have so often read your words. Thank you my brother.

My journey continues onto the PL platform for the first time as well as rehabbing my quad back to size after ACL reconstruction surgery back in March so i can get back on stage! Family and Happiness are on the forefront. Keeping up with that is the main priority.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am thrilled to hear that you will hit the platform! I will be sending you good thoughts and waiting to hear how you are doing. Amen to the family sentiments; they must be very proud of you. Take care of that Knee and God bless.

MACHINE

Machine
01-19-12, 9:20 pm
just quoted you earlier in a facebook post - hope all is well.

Me? Downing my Rage & Pump and heading to turn my shoulders into cantaloupes!

Thanks for spreading the word and remember to up your mental intensity while backing down stims...it is important to keep your innate systems at a high level of readiness.

Good luck

MACHINE

Machine
01-19-12, 9:22 pm
...Training to take 1st in the 220 Raw Class of the SPF NWA regionals in 2013...With visable abs...The very definition of Powerbuilding...

That is what I like to hear brother! Outstanding work...keep pushing that boulder up the hill.

MACHINE

BarbellManiac
01-19-12, 9:35 pm
Good to hear from you again brother, your a great influence to a lot of guys including me. Your articles are beyond inspirational, you can repeatedly read them and find a new meaning each time.

G Diesel
01-20-12, 1:31 pm
Nice question; I'd expect nothing less from you G...you have a beautiful state of mind. As far as pure bodybuilding and what that meant to me conceptually, and under the criteria you have outlined...I am a solid 6. To qualify though; I had a very narrow conceptulization of physical culture and bodybuilding. My mind works with greater clarity these days...I identify more with Sacco and Vanzetti than I do with Cutler and Green. I see now that it has to be about more than redefining the physical paradigm; what good is health and strength if it does not elevate the weakest of us. I do believe that my base of exercise knowledge has widened considerably and I am more inclined to encourage a more athletically functional paradigm; I see no value added in the proliferation of the obsolete image of weight lifters as clowns and idiots.

Rule #1: If your not strong; you better be smart...but its best to be a bit of both I suspect.

Hope this answer makes sense.

Thanks G

MACHINE

Phenomenal answer my brother... It is funny because we're very much on the same page, I thought to myself, "I'm a 6." Haha. The interesting thing being that it hasn't become any less important, just that the list of priorities has added more line items. Like as if the couch is the same size, but the living room got bigger. It is so important for my well being, mental clarity and confidence, but at the same time it doesn't define me as much as it once did.

Peace, G

DANO
01-20-12, 2:21 pm
Machine, like many around your words inspire me and make me strive for more. This being said, my gym shut down a while back, as a parting gift the owner gave me the Oly bar that I pulled mt first 450 deadlift with. So in this economic tailspin that the world seems to be in, I have adapted and made a way for myself to continue on the path I enjoy.
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m539/DANO365/SQUAT2.jpg
This is from this summer, using a forklift for something nobody ever intended!

Thanks for what you do...INSPIRE

1983MEENMAN
01-20-12, 2:50 pm
Reading your mishaps, struggles and triumphs has pushed me to pursue my dream job, however I will need to take the PAST again last time the ruck run killed me, Even then I will have to push through the 2 week indoc course after that even then I might or might not get the slot then its another 2 years of rigorious training. I have had several military botched surgeries and I read your shoulder issue on active duty so I realized after that you still became a beast and overcame it all which is a huge motivator to me, thank you sir.

Iron_Spirit
01-23-12, 2:26 pm
Just dropping a line to remind all of us that though the date may change we must remain steadfast in our quest for self discovery. I am entrenched at my mountain headquarters; chopping wood, working in the stoneyard, and challenging the norms of physical culture.

Catch me up my brothers; I want to hear what your up to and where you stand on your own personal quests these days.

MACHINE

I'm eating shit, literraly, eating waste food. Zero discipline at the gym, zero discipline with my chores, I'm being weak, and I hate it, fucking hate it. I've gained probably 15-20 lbs of fat and lost probably 10-15 lb of muscle, no doubt.

Keep your god damn focus guy, I tell ya.

I'm trying to get back on track, so I'll read Machine's motivational words, his words communicate directly to my heart & spirit.

Too me, Machine is the impersonation of determination, always there working balls to the wall in all internal and external aspects of life: all the time, every time. The most admirable manifestation of determination in a person, that I've known of in my entire life.

Machine
01-24-12, 9:18 pm
Phenomenal answer my brother... It is funny because we're very much on the same page, I thought to myself, "I'm a 6." Haha. The interesting thing being that it hasn't become any less important, just that the list of priorities has added more line items. Like as if the couch is the same size, but the living room got bigger. It is so important for my well being, mental clarity and confidence, but at the same time it doesn't define me as much as it once did.

Peace, G

Glad to hear we are in league on that piece brother; I can relate to what you are saying.

MACHINE

Big C
01-24-12, 9:22 pm
I am trying to become a bigger, stronger version of myself with each passing day. I will never win the "war" with the weights but I fight hard every time I set foot in the weight room. I'm trying to be a better man, spending more time with loved ones and not taking anything for granted like I did during my careless younger years. I am happy to wake up each and day and I thank God for that.

G Diesel
01-27-12, 1:21 pm
Glad to hear we are in league on that piece brother; I can relate to what you are saying.

MACHINE

No doubt my brother, I've always been tuned to your frequency... Good to have you back, your lack of presence around here was felt profoundly.

I am trying to become a bigger, stronger version of myself with each passing day. I will never win the "war" with the weights but I fight hard every time I set foot in the weight room. I'm trying to be a better man, spending more time with loved ones and not taking anything for granted like I did during my careless younger years. I am happy to wake up each and day and I thank God for that.

This is a great post C. Very wise.

Peace, G

JUGGERNAUT
01-27-12, 1:56 pm
Machine, you are the first person I think of; when I hear people complain about what they can't do.

RENFRO
01-29-12, 11:16 pm
The only quote that's ever called my sig home is from you. Currently taking a new approach to turn my strength into functionality. Highly explosive circuit workouts. Discovering new limits I thought I never had came with my first successful muscleup. In one week I went from doing 1 to doing 13. My goal is to create a weapon. Size and strength with blinding speed and prowess is my ultimate goal.

Machine
01-31-12, 9:33 pm
The only quote that's ever called my sig home is from you. Currently taking a new approach to turn my strength into functionality. Highly explosive circuit workouts. Discovering new limits I thought I never had came with my first successful muscleup. In one week I went from doing 1 to doing 13. My goal is to create a weapon. Size and strength with blinding speed and prowess is my ultimate goal.

Glad to hear that brother; I believe in my heart that your path is a sensible one. Sending you much energy and positive thoughts for your continued clarity.

MACHINE

Machine
01-31-12, 9:37 pm
Machine, you are the first person I think of; when I hear people complain about what they can't do.

I thank you and I must repeat it here that I consider a complaint to be an insult to everyone who hears it.

"Men always talk about their needs...never their abilities." ~ Napolean Bonaparte

MACHINE

Machine
01-31-12, 9:38 pm

Respect that point of view greatly.

Good luck

MACHINE