PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler coming back for Mr. O number 5

MRmichael.hooker
01-31-12, 10:57 pm
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/contests/12-fitexpo/3923-jay-cutler-announces-bid-for-fifth-title-at-2012-mr-olympia.html

Thoughts? Opinions? Personally, im stoked. Id just hate to see a man with such a great career go out in 2nd place with a bicep tear right before the O. Now, even if he was 100%, not sure if he coulda beat Phil anyways that night. But i'd much rather go down battleing tooth-and-nail for the top, than with 1 good arm. I remember when Donovan McNabb finally made it to the Super Bowl, and got the flu the week of. Man was throwing up in the pocket trying to call plays. You just don't wanna see a classy guy go down like that. Even if he comes back and doesnt win, or even get top 3, at least he wants to try it again at 100%.

N. Motta
01-31-12, 11:09 pm
That's surprising. as I recently saw a picture on MD of Jay at a gas station, and he looked about 25-30 lbs lighter, at least. In fact, he looked great, really healthy. A lot of guys were figuring he was done.

Carrnage
01-31-12, 11:40 pm
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/contests/12-fitexpo/3923-jay-cutler-announces-bid-for-fifth-title-at-2012-mr-olympia.html

Thoughts? Opinions? Personally, im stoked. Id just hate to see a man with such a great career go out in 2nd place with a bicep tear right before the O. Now, even if he was 100%, not sure if he coulda beat Phil anyways that night. But i'd much rather go down battleing tooth-and-nail for the top, than with 1 good arm. I remember when Donovan McNabb finally made it to the Super Bowl, and got the flu the week of. Man was throwing up in the pocket trying to call plays. You just don't wanna see a classy guy go down like that. Even if he comes back and doesnt win, or even get top 3, at least he wants to try it again at 100%.

I don't think his bicep tear is what made him lose the title in 2011. Jay is a huge dude, has class, and made me cry when he gave that speech at the O last year about Phil being his best friend.

Good Back, Good Quads, Great Delts, everything else not pretty but huge.

This may sound somewhat messed up, but I don't think he should compete at the O anymore. Guys like Kai, Evan and other upcoming dominating bodybuilders are gonna continue taking 3rd-5th place every year because Jay is clogging up the line up, he has nothing to prove anymore. But I think he knows that, and hes competing because he loves this lifestyle so much he can't give up on it yet, which is a awesome reason don't get me wrong.

I really want to see Kai win the O title, same with a new improved Branch, and of course I want to see Dennis Wolf or Evan win it aswell.

korn_fed
01-31-12, 11:51 pm
Quite honestly, and I know I'm going to get flak for this, I never liked Jay's physique. He's too blocky, especially with his obliques. He doesn't have those smooth aesthetically pleasing lines like the likes of Flex Wheeler or our new Mr. O, Phil Heath. It's funny that I'm saying this because I've always been the kind of guy that admires mass over pure aesthetics, but when it comes to Mr. O, I think the mass aspect of the game has pushed its limits.

Flash419
01-31-12, 11:58 pm
I'm very happy Jay is coming back, and like most I am also very surprised. After he lost the sponsership with Muscletech, and has been seen dropping weight, I thought he was done. But, If anyone has proven that he shouldn't be counted out.. it is Jay. He's a smart guy, and really not that old, he has a few years left in him to get up there and kick a$$. It was the Jay and Phil show from the word go in Las Vegas, and although Phil was clearly on and the winner Jay was in my eyes a step ahead of the rest of the guys on stage. Jay at 100% and Phil at 100% are a great battle, and as far as Victor, Kai and Evan... I'm sure they don't need or want to be up there because someone stepped out of the way. Better to be the best by beating the best, then because the top guys chose not to compete.

Jay may have nothing left to prove to us.. but maybe he still has more to prove to himself?

N. Motta
02-01-12, 12:34 am
Quite honestly, and I know I'm going to get flak for this, I never liked Jay's physique. He's too blocky, especially with his obliques. He doesn't have those smooth aesthetically pleasing lines like the likes of Flex Wheeler or our new Mr. O, Phil Heath. It's funny that I'm saying this because I've always been the kind of guy that admires mass over pure aesthetics, but when it comes to Mr. O, I think the mass aspect of the game has pushed its limits.

I agree with everything you said. Who cares if you get flak. BB is a very subjective sport. Personally, I think Jay is one of the worst Mr. Olympias ever. I don't give a shit about his "marketability."

GUNS
02-01-12, 1:37 am
I think he should still compete, whether he gets 1st or last, he was great for this sport. Still is, and will be for a while to come. I don't think he will get 1st, but he is still able to compete at a top 5 in the world level. Why not continue?

B.C.
02-01-12, 5:00 am
I seem to remember, back when Ronnie was still beating Jay for his last few Olympia titles, Jay Cutler doing interviews talking about how Ronnie just LOVED being a bodybuilder more than he did...that Ronnie loved walking around over 300 pounds, and he didn't really like it that much, that Ronnie still loved punishing his body lifting those heavy ass weights, and he didn't like being in pain all the time...that if he ever did win Olympia titles, he'd grab like three and bail so he could live a normal life.

My how things change once you're the one with a few Sandows.

Once you've been the best, how can you stomach letting another man take it from you?..especially if, in your own mind, you have an injury to blame.

I have no emotionally charged opinions on his physique either way. He is a bad man when he's right...but so are about a dozen other guys at that level. I'm just glad that we're no longer in a time where Jay Cutnler would have been invinceable. When he was the best, he won, but Dexter Jackson and Phil Heath got the chance that Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone never got...and that's a good thing.

korn_fed
02-01-12, 11:09 pm
I agree with everything you said. Who cares if you get flak. BB is a very subjective sport. Personally, I think Jay is one of the worst Mr. Olympias ever. I don't give a shit about his "marketability."

LOL at the "marketability"... have you heard his little techno album he put together?

Wycked
02-01-12, 11:58 pm
For anyone thinking jay lost because of the bicep tear ur off your rocker. Phil smashed cutler off the stage and I would honestly say wolf did too! Cutler is an amazing bodybuilder but on that day those 2 guys looked markedly better than him

I hope he comes back and makes it interesting but phil seems like a lock to be on top for the forseeable futire

N. Motta
02-02-12, 12:48 am
LOL at the "marketability"... have you heard his little techno album he put together?

Unfortunately, yes. I started a thread on that here.

GUNS
02-02-12, 5:26 am
For anyone thinking jay lost because of the bicep tear ur off your rocker. Phil smashed cutler off the stage and I would honestly say wolf did too! Cutler is an amazing bodybuilder but on that day those 2 guys looked markedly better than him

I hope he comes back and makes it interesting but phil seems like a lock to be on top for the forseeable futireAgree. I think Phil has the better shape. I don't personnally think Jay can win the O again. Unless a few come in off. Let's all face facts that Jay pretty much mentored his replacement, and I am kind of wondering why he would want to come in after his student won.

MRmichael.hooker
02-02-12, 8:21 am
For anyone thinking jay lost because of the bicep tear ur off your rocker.

I dont think thats why he lost. From the first prejudging pics i looked at that night, he was holding water, a lil flat, and his conditioning wasnt 'there'. He looked better 2 weeks out than he did at the show. The second Phil walked out, everyone knew there was a new champ. But just mentally, especially for a 4x Mr. O, i couldnt imagine knowing that the last O you were in, everyone was whispering about your black & blue bicep. I just think he would rather go out fighting and it makes me happy to be a bodybuilding fan that he wants to

Wrath
02-02-12, 4:00 pm
Never count any one out, jay is a great champion and I wouldn't take him lightly

dannynb
02-03-12, 12:11 am
Never count any one out, jay is a great champion and I wouldn't take him lightly

agreed.

Shukin
02-03-12, 12:28 am

I never liked Jay's look either. I do respect his dedication though. I hate how he throws the weights around in his videos, I find it disrespectful, a carpenter respects his tools.
Some come backs are interesting, but most become embarrassing. I too would like to se Kai get it, but I want Phil to reign for a few years, killer build on that guy and well spoken. Kai would be an interesting role model for the sport, very progressive with his diverse background.

N. Motta
02-03-12, 12:31 am
I never liked Jay's look either. I do respect his dedication though.
Bingo. But, doesn't pretty much every IFBB pro have to have great dedication? Well most.

I too would like to se Kai get it, but I want Phil to reign for a few years, killer build on that guy and well spoken. Kai would be an interesting role model for the sport, very progressive with his diverse background.
Also agreed. I know Kai has some body parts that are not up to par, or are out of proportion, but I really like everything I've seen about his personality.

korn_fed
02-03-12, 12:39 am
From a physical stand point, I'd like to see Dennis Wolf, Phil Heath, Branch Warren, or Evan Centopani up there.
From a mental stand point, I'd like to see Kai there. His mindset, motivation, knowledge and intuition is the dictionary description of what the bodybuilding lifestyle is all about.

Wycked
02-03-12, 12:40 am

A great champion but limited by his own physique which when compared to phil's is grotesque. If jay can shrink his waist 6 -8 inches and become more aesthetically pleasing then maybe he has a shot. Lol so since that won't happen. Phil is king

N. Motta
02-03-12, 12:55 am
From a physical stand point, I'd like to see Dennis Wolf, Phil Heath, Cedric, or Evan Centopani up there.
Fixed! :)

From a mental stand point, I'd like to see Kai there. His mindset, motivation, knowledge and intuition is the dictionary description of what the bodybuilding lifestyle is all about.
I agree to that as well. Kai came from the fucking gutter. And he chose to do some shit, as a means to help achieve his goals, that is pretty taboo. But if I had a quarter of that guys fuckin motivation and drive, I'd have done a lot more with my life. He's an inspiration, that's for sure.

Shukin
02-03-12, 12:58 am
I agree to that as well. Kai came from the fucking gutter. And he chose to do some shit, as a means to help achieve his goals, that is pretty taboo. But if I had a quarter of that guys fuckin motivation and drive, I'd have done a lot more with my life. He's an inspiration, that's for sure.
Taboo for people of Weider's generation, this is the 21st century, at least he had the balls to use his real name!