PDA

View Full Version : A balancing act....

dannynb
02-02-12, 9:37 am
Title says it all, as I prepare for the 2012 season I have some new challenges to face. Family, clients, Metroflex San Marcos, school, training. You get to follow along as I figure out how to keep balance in everything as I prepare for the Dorian Classic come August and Texas State Championships later in the year. I managed to hit 270 with the guidance of Rage last year but with the stress of opening a gym I dropped back down to 230. Well just 2 weeks back into training I am up to 250. So here we go... I will keep a detailed log of my days, training, nutrition and thoughts along the way as well as a video log on Youtube, Facebook and Twitter. I will be following Rage's guidance still and using his HRT solo methods as well as Y3T training off and on. So here we go....6 months till stage time.

C.Coronato
02-02-12, 11:24 am
I like it brother! Ill certainly be following!

dannynb
02-02-12, 12:34 pm
Thanks brother. I can always count on you for support. Also I didn't forget about ya. I will be bringing you your shirt to C-bus.

Solid Dreams
02-02-12, 2:01 pm
Jumping in for this. Let me know when/where and ill try to show up for some Animal support as well.

naturalguy
02-02-12, 3:04 pm
Much respect for running your own business, taking care of a family and keep the wifey happy all while pursuing bodybuilding

dannynb
02-02-12, 4:33 pm
Much respect for running your own business, taking care of a family and keep the wifey happy all while pursuing bodybuilding

Thanks NG. Not easy but so worth it.

Mr. Dead
02-02-12, 4:36 pm
Time to do it up...!!!

dannynb
02-02-12, 4:41 pm
Time to do it up...!!!

Damn straight Deadman!! I'm counting on you to help hold me accountable.

Mr. Dead
02-02-12, 4:52 pm
Damn straight Deadman!! I'm counting on you to help hold me accountable.

Be careful what you wish for... My wife was helping hold me accountable, for my Prep... She has Rage on speed-dial... Soooooo... *LOL*

dannynb
02-02-12, 4:56 pm
Be careful what you wish for... My wife was helping hold me accountable, for my Prep... She has Rage on speed-dial... Soooooo... *LOL*

I mean it...

Mr. Dead
02-02-12, 4:59 pm
I mean it...

I know... And, I do have him on speed dial...

dannynb
02-02-12, 5:01 pm
I know... And, I do have him on speed dial...

SO do I....and yes, I'm watching you as well. LOL

Mr. Dead
02-02-12, 5:05 pm
SO do I....and yes, I'm watching you as well. LOL

I have you on speed dial, too... *LOL*

dannynb
02-03-12, 10:26 pm
Weight 250lbs

Diet, will post it up tomorrow
Supps:
Pak
Flex
Omega
Pump
Rage
PM
Universal Glutamine
Atomic 7

Last night did shoulders/bi's/forearms

Military press 2x8+6 hellcentric
Side Lateral Raises 2x8+6 hellcentric
Front bb raises 2x8+6 hellcentric
Rear delt raises 2x8+6 hellcentric
BB curls 2x8+6 hellcentric
reverse bb curls 2x8+6 hellcentric
reverse wrist curls 2x8+6 hellcentric
wrist curls 2x8+6 hellcentric

Tonight legs...yeah.

dannynb
02-05-12, 1:10 pm
Friday legs:

Warmed up with 3 sets of 20 on leg ext

Leg Press 2x8+6
Hack Squat 2x8+6
Leg Ext 2x8+6
Seated Leg Curls 2x8+6
Lying Leg Curls 2x8+6
SLDL 3x10

Who ever thinks the solo version is easier then the partnered version can kiss my ass.

Yesterday chest/tri's

Warmed up decline bench 3x12

Decline 2x8+6
Flat 2x8+6
Incline 2x8+6
Skull Crushers 2x8+6
Overhead DB Extension 2x8+6

dannynb
02-05-12, 1:19 pm
Diet:

Meal 1:
1 scoop whey/1 scoop karbolyn

Meal 2:
8 whole eggs
1 cup oats
1 cup mixed berries
Animal Pak

Meal 3:
8oz chicken
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup veggie
1oz peanuts
Animal Flex

Meal 4:
8oz chicken
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup veggie
1oz peanuts

Meal 5:
8oz chicken
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup veggie
1oz peanuts

Meal 6:
4 scoops Gain Max

Pre Workout:
Animal Pump
1 scoop karbolyn
1 scoop Atomic 7
1 scoop Animal Rage

Intra:
1 scoop karbolyn
1 scoop Atomic 7

PWO:
1 scoop karbolyn
1 scoop Atomic 7
5g Universal Glutamine

Meal 7:
8oz chicken
1 cup basmati
1 cup veggie

Meal 8:
4 scoops Gain Max
Animal Omega

Bedtime:
Animal PM

Big Al
02-05-12, 1:24 pm
Good luck my friend.... I have my own business, taking care of family,training,and helping kids from time to time. Its very hard to balance brother. Shit now tax time, I hardly have time to get online. Always remember family is first!!

dannynb
02-05-12, 1:53 pm
Good luck my friend.... I have my own business, taking care of family,training,and helping kids from time to time. Its very hard to balance brother. Shit now tax time, I hardly have time to get online. Always remember family is first!!

Damn straight my brother. Luckily I do have Michelle helping me stay focused. I love being able to have my family included and a part in all of it.

dannynb
02-05-12, 1:57 pm
My only thought of the day is "sleep". LOL It's funny how exhausted i am, yet I am able to keep going. School is a challenge but I love being able to be at the gym all day working with clients and in between sessions, goofing around with my kids or chatting with my wife in the office. It is hard to keep track of who's diets I need to adjust or programs to tweak along with what books I have to read for class and what bills need to be paid today. I am grateful to have my wife help me keep focused and she is actually going to become my assistant until I can find one to hire to keep my schedule organized and in check.

Big Al
02-05-12, 2:11 pm
My only thought of the day is "sleep". LOL It's funny how exhausted i am, yet I am able to keep going. School is a challenge but I love being able to be at the gym all day working with clients and in between sessions, goofing around with my kids or chatting with my wife in the office. It is hard to keep track of who's diets I need to adjust or programs to tweak along with what books I have to read for class and what bills need to be paid today. I am grateful to have my wife help me keep focused and she is actually going to become my assistant until I can find one to hire to keep my schedule organized and in check.

You are one lucky guy.....Be thankful everyday.

dannynb
02-06-12, 12:00 am
You are one lucky guy.....Be thankful everyday.

That I am my friend, that I am.

dannynb
02-07-12, 9:36 pm
Well things are tough but managing. Got my first exam coming up on Friday, been getting my meals in and over a week of solid training in. As for the gym, in just 1 month we have 108 members, 14 competitors, 19 competitive power-lifters, 3 strongmen.....I am stoked.

Tired as hell only getting about 4 hours sleep a night. Tough waking at 5:30am to cook, eat, get kids up and ready for school, class for an hour, to the gym, train clients, meetings, and then trying to get my workouts in....plain exhausted at the end of the day but so well worth it. Already past the 252lb mark and steadily increasing cals and weight. Filling out nicely and people are taking notice. I feel good though, no joint pain, nothing, except my right knee still. Finally pushing my hammies a little harder although still nervous cause it's only been since June when I tore them.

dannynb
02-07-12, 9:37 pm
Yates Classic will be tough as I have 7 athletes including myself to get ready for that show and one who will be competing against me in Men's Open Super Heavies.

dannynb
02-10-12, 1:11 pm
Still killing it.

The HRT solo version is no damn joke. I've had to stop a couple times as the pumps are insane. I am quickly filling back out showing improvements in all areas. Hard getting the food in with my schedule and only getting about 2-4 hours of sleep a night is taking it's toll on me but I'm pushing through. I'll be damned if I don't hit my mark in time.

dannynb
02-21-12, 7:14 am
Beginning week 3 today. So far I am missing my high volume training but my body is responding quite well with HRT. Holding right at 253 pounds...I may gain one or two but I quickly lose it. I seriously need to bump my calories up. Just hard training clients back to back and having to rely so heavily on shakes. But I will get there, no doubt about it. I have until April and then I will begin my show prep, right now it's all about growth!

Solid Dreams
02-21-12, 8:06 am
Beginning week 3 today. So far I am missing my high volume training but my body is responding quite well with HRT. Holding right at 253 pounds...I may gain one or two but I quickly lose it. I seriously need to bump my calories up. Just hard training clients back to back and having to rely so heavily on shakes. But I will get there, no doubt about it. I have until April and then I will begin my show prep, right now it's all about growth!

Have you looked at something like those six pack bags? I know Greg has a fridge at the gym with something like it with a bunch of meals in it.

So you're going for the Yates classic? That's gonna be awesome, where is that gonna be?

dannynb
02-21-12, 2:31 pm
Have you looked at something like those six pack bags? I know Greg has a fridge at the gym with something like it with a bunch of meals in it.

So you're going for the Yates classic? That's gonna be awesome, where is that gonna be?

Brother, owning the Metroflex here in San Marcos I built a kitchen right in the back....LOL. So I have my food here, it's the point of being scheduled straight for 4-6 hours back to back with no breaks makes it hard to get solid food in sometimes. I'm fixing to cut back on my availability to have more time to focus on my family and my training. I have 8 athletes going to be hitting the stage at the Dorian Classic in Austin in August. 2 of us in Super Heavies Open, 1 Open Lightheavy, 1 men's physique, 1 women's physique, 2 figure and 1 bikini.

dannynb
03-07-12, 10:21 pm
Sleep...something I am seriously lacking. School, clients, 16 hour days at the gym and hitting my training up around 1am and finally calling it a day has been rough to put it mildly. Following my own diet plan and Rage's Solo HRT I am up yto a very solid and lean 260 once again...280 is my goal but I am still stoked with the results. The Dorian is months away and I have a whole line up of clientele getting ready for shows from next month all the way up to the end of the year.....

Solid Dreams
03-08-12, 8:09 am
Brother, owning the Metroflex here in San Marcos I built a kitchen right in the back....LOL. So I have my food here, it's the point of being scheduled straight for 4-6 hours back to back with no breaks makes it hard to get solid food in sometimes. I'm fixing to cut back on my availability to have more time to focus on my family and my training. I have 8 athletes going to be hitting the stage at the Dorian Classic in Austin in August. 2 of us in Super Heavies Open, 1 Open Lightheavy, 1 men's physique, 1 women's physique, 2 figure and 1 bikini.

Do like Greg does and eat while training! I'm sure your clients will understand.

That's awesome, it's amazing how many more people there are into bbing and powerlifting in Texas than my old state, I love it!