PDA

View Full Version : The Road I Chose...

RedKing
02-04-12, 10:55 pm
I've been a member for a year or two and it's only now sitting at home eating cottage cheese instead of going out drinking that I realize it might be time to start my journey.

A little bit of background on me. I've been into bodybuilding for as long as I can remember, but never all that serious about it. It's only been in the last six months or so that I've gotten serious about my training. And now Just a few weeks ago I started my first real cut. What I plan on doing is using this as more of an outlet for my thoughts. (god knows my head is always on overdrive). As well as posting some of my training and diet. In fact I'm going to put my current diet up now. Any advise or comments are always appreciated brothers. And of course thank you guys for all of the knowledge and encouragement I've found on this board.

My current diet is as follows.

Breakfast: Four whole eggs, a glass of non-fat milk, and a half cup of oatmeal.

Lunch: Either 4oz 95/5 lean ground beef or 8oz chicken breast with half cup of brown rice (measurement before cooking)

Pre-workout: Same as lunch

Post-Workout: Same as lunch
1 Scoop BCAA, 1 Pack of Animal Pak

Before Bed: 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese.

I like to add various none starchy vegetables throughout my meals as well.

The totals for my diet are roughly as follows.
Calories: 2500-2700
Protein: 215 grams
Carbs: 260-300 grams
Fat: 70-90

I'll try to get a post up of more accurate measurements.
Currently I'm losing about 1-1.5 pound(s) a week with no cardio.
Any advice is always appreciated. Like I said I'm new to this whole deal.

I'll be keeping you posted brother.

And

Solid Dreams
02-04-12, 11:00 pm
I've been a member for a year or two and it's only now sitting at home eating cottage cheese instead of going out drinking that I realize it might be time to start my journey.

A little bit of background on me. I've been into bodybuilding for as long as I can remember, but never all that serious about it. It's only been in the last six months or so that I've gotten serious about my training. And now Just a few weeks ago I started my first real cut. What I plan on doing is using this as more of an outlet for my thoughts. (god knows my head is always on overdrive). As well as posting some of my training and diet. In fact I'm going to put my current diet up now. Any advise or comments are always appreciated brothers. And of course thank you guys for all of the knowledge and encouragement I've found on this board.

My current diet is as follows.

Breakfast: Four whole eggs, a glass of non-fat milk, and a half cup of oatmeal.

Lunch: Either 4oz 95/5 lean ground beef or 8oz chicken breast with half cup of brown rice (measurement before cooking)

Pre-workout: Same as lunch

Post-Workout: Same as lunch
1 Scoop BCAA, 1 Pack of Animal Pak

Before Bed: 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese.

I like to add various none starchy vegetables throughout my meals as well.

The totals for my diet are roughly as follows.
Calories: 2500-2700
Protein: 215 grams
Carbs: 260-300 grams
Fat: 70-90

I'll try to get a post up of more accurate measurements.
Currently I'm losing about 1-1.5 pound(s) a week with no cardio.
Any advice is always appreciated. Like I said I'm new to this whole deal.

I'll be keeping you posted brother.

And

Sweet buddy, its pretty awesome that you're losing 1-1.5 pounds without doing cardio, I'm pretty jealous. What's your weight now?

RedKing
02-04-12, 11:06 pm
As of this morning I'm about 215-216. I'm 6ft too if that matters at all.

RedKing
02-06-12, 9:11 pm
Damn. Just one of those days. It was supposed to be leg day today. Woke up feeling crappy and decided it would be best to rest an extra day than risk getting even sicker from the extra stress of leg day. Shit happens I guess. I'll get another update soon.

RedKing
02-09-12, 8:11 am
Killer back work out yesterday. Chest today. I've switched to lighter weight for higher reps just for a couple weeks to shake things up and help build muscular endurance.

Barbell Rows-
155x5, 180x5, 205x5

Barbell Row-155lbs
1x17, 1x17, 1x15

DB Row-75lbs
1x17, 1x16, 1x13

Pulldown-100lbs
1x20, 1x16, 1x17

Reverse Machine Pulldown-55lbs(one handed)
3x15

Seated Machine Row-90lbs (one handed)
3x15

Barbell Curl-30lbs (plus bar)
3x15

Dumbbell Curl-30lbs
3x15

Preacher Curl-30lbs (plus bar)
2x17, 1x15

Reverse Curl-Empty Bar
3x18

Wrist Curls-Empty Bar
3x20

Dead lifts-
205x5, 235x5, 265x5

All of the weight listed is either half or less of my 10-12 rep ranges. I'm actually surprised at how hard I found this higher rep training to be.
Any advice or comments is always appreciated Brothers.