PDA

View Full Version : The Way of the Animal

Xraided831
03-08-07, 7:57 am
Journal: 3-8-07

Someone once said "Practice what you preach". I have been dwelling on this quote for a while now. There are times that I just want to hang the towel and say fuck it? But there is this thing inside you that tells you no.That burning feeling inside you that pushes you to do what you do!! When I came into this site I finally understood what really defines an Animal. I understood that thing inside me is the Animal that drives me to push another rep, put another 10lbs, lift another day.

I must say living the Animal life is no simple task. Really?? Who wants to eat only certain types of foods? Who wants to lift 5 to 6 times a week? Who wants to take 2 hrs a day just to prepare food for the rest of the day?? Only a true Animal will, because of the DESIRE inside them that tells them you are what you are! So what if I 'm a Freak!! I don't fit the norm! I don't do what they tell me to do? I don't look like the way a normal man should look like?

A lot of the people I know wants to do what I do, but when it comes down to doing these basic things they will try to find ways to make excuses.. The way of the Animal is no smooth stroll in the park. It is a road paved with sweat, blood and tears... Don't expect everyone to understand you,cuz they never will. They never had the Animal inside them!!

-Xraided831-

hjayss
03-08-07, 8:24 am
Right on the head we all have that same goal we wold rather eat then put gas in our car lol.

gnoll5
03-08-07, 4:52 pm
yup, we are a different breed, aren't we!?!?

k1usa
03-08-07, 5:04 pm
yepper buddy....so true...I spend my last buck on sups....cook my own food and live the life...the animal life. You live in San Jose...bro...Im in Fremont Fit 19...stop by ask for Russ....and we can hit it together sometime bro....Im the 53 year old getting after it like most 20 somethings....the animal way is a good way...its how we grind away at life...its how we live......its how we deal with the pain. Give me a shout bro.....

Xraided831
03-09-07, 4:18 am
Journal 3-9-07

I woke up this morning feeling like shit... The last couple of days I haven't been feeling good. I think I caught a cold bug!! As soon as i realized it I was friggin pissed !! My wife said that I should stay home and rest... I paused for a second and thought that actually sounds good I could use some sleep!! Then again its leg day and I can't miss leg day... So I gathered my shit up and dragged my ass out of bed and into the gym.... The whole time I was thinking if I miss this day it will ruin my whole week.!!! I went in there took care of business and killed my legs... It was a good workout not the best,but it was good...

To some this might sound idiotic and ridiculous... I have tried to spend every waking moment planning and organizing my day. And I am not about to let a little cold ruin everything!! I have lived the life of the Animal.... Wait I am the Animal!!!!

xraided831

Preston
03-09-07, 9:03 am
Are you takin the Pak? That must be one intense cold virus goin around your area, or your immune system is completely up to par. Keep downin your water bro, keep up with the pak, that'll boost your immune system, if you have to, take one in the morning after you eat, then one after you train. It's full proof. If you're under ...eh 170, I wouldn't suggest taking two a day, but it'll most def boost your metabolism.

. . . Atleast, it did that for me. :]

Xraided831
03-10-07, 3:48 am
Journal 3-9-07

I woke up feeling better than I did yesterday.... I still got a sore throat and I just keep telling myself "Suck it up you pussy"!! I gotta get over this shit, Its the second time I work out shoulders and tri's this week!! The animal inside keeps telling me to get the fuck up and get your ass in the gym ... So I get up and it's still fucking dark outside... Man I must be out of my mind to be out here @ 4:30 in the morning... Half the world is still sleeping, this is not normal!! Then i got to thinking I am not normal, half the shit that I do doesn't even make sense,but I still do it... Then I reliaze that it is my Dedication that has got me throught the toughest times.. I know this shit ain't easy!!!!

The whole time I was thinking of my dedication while I was military pressing 275 and everyone is staring @ me like I'm some kind of monster. The Animal inside me says "Who gives a shit what they think of you?" You are not here to win friends. You are here to handle your shit... Put your fucking blinders on and handle it! I feel the pain and its burning... I feel like puking!!! I look at myself in the mirror and think.. Hmmmm... you know you like the pain... In my mind I feel the pain and I keep telling myself that the PAIN is your friend... Feel it ... Feel it ..... This makes you Human!!! This makes you an Animal!!!

Xraided831-

Preston
03-10-07, 10:02 am
but it'll most def boost your metabolism.

I didn't mean metabolism, I ment immune system. My bad, fuck up # 1. lol

Xraided831
03-14-07, 1:46 am
Journal 3-13-07
Its been a couple of days since I wrote in my journal. The weekend was good and I'm back to take care of business in the gym. I have been consistent with my workouts and have been poundin' and poundin' away!! Its kinda odd because at the beginning of the year I started out with 3 workout partners who I thought were convinced in changing their lives. Unfortunately I was wrong one by one they started flaking and now I have not even one of them show up.... It really pisses me off and yet at the same time kinda thankful because I'd rather have them quit on me than drag me down with them!!! I have made a commitment to MYSELF that I will let no ONE slow me down to where I am going... In my mind I say fuck them... They don't know how to live the life of the Animal....There is no immediate glory with what I am trying to accomplish. We all want to achieve glory, but to me glory is being able to do what I do day in day out.... As for me I will continue to Grind and grind my way to GREATNESS!!! One day at a time!!!

Xraided831

Xraided831
03-15-07, 5:06 am
Journal 3-14-07
There are many forms of "Greatness", if you ask a few people they would all probably give you different expalnations and definition of the word greatness. I got to thinking about it because today I was asked if I wanted to be the greatest bodybuilder in the gym... Like I always do I shook my head in laughter and paused for a second. I sarcastically answered "That's why I'm here poundin away"... As the day went by I kept thinkin that a lot of the folks in the gym are probably makin judgements on me based on my attitude and I guess to them my "Unconventional approach to training"...
It kinda saddened me that people are willing to make pre-judgements of me and they don't even know me... I really don't care what people think of me!
As long as I know that I show them respect and kindness on my end. I really don't give a fuck if they reciprocate respect! I am not in that cold damp smelly gym to please them or to fit the norm. I refuse to abide by the norm.... I am an ANIMAL by nature and that's what the fuck I'll be!!! If anybody is reading this, Don't let anyone dictate how you should do your workout!! If it works for you THEN DO IT IT IS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT CUZ IT WORKS FOR YOU!!! Don't let anyone hold you back from achieving GREATNESS!!!
If you ask me what the meaning of "GREATNESS"? I will probably tell you:
Doing what you love best and being able to do it anytime you want to. Greatness is not something that is handed down to you.. It is something you chase after and when you do, you gotta take it wrestle it to the ground... And let it know who you are and remind it of your ownership."GREATNESS" is that feeling inside you that tells you that you pushed yourself to your limits and break your own records.... Everytime I'm in that gym is like war.!!! When you hunt for "GREATNESS" down look it in the eyes and try to own it....When you do then only then will you feel the prescence of "GREATNESS" inside you!!!!

I don't expect everyone to understand what I am talking about? But I know a lot of the brothaz in here have and I really am happy and blessed to be on here with my Brothers in Iron... To those who ask me how to achieve "GREATNESS", I only have one thing to say! Embrace the ANIMAL inside you because that is the only way to achieve your own personal "GREATNESS"... Yes that same ANIMAL inside that pushes you to move all that weight and train like FREAK!! So what are you waiting for Strive for that "GREATNESS"!!!! YOU ARE A FREAK..... YOU ARE AN ANIMAL!!!! GO OUT THERE AND GET IT!!!!

-XRAIDED831

Xraided831
03-16-07, 4:19 am
Journal 3-15-07

It is now official I am a FREAK!!!! As I was walking inside the gym today I saw one of my old workout partners and I asked him how he was and talked a bit more... When I asked him if he would like to workout with me today? He said that he was just finishing up. So I said its cool and told him I'll see him around....
As walked through the locker room tryin to put my game face on and unleash the ANIMAL!!! One of the fellas that workout in the gym approached me and told me that he had a conversation with my old workout partner... What he told me sent a chill down my spine!!! As he spoke to him, he mentioned that he could no longer workout with me because I am a "FREAK"
and that he never had to workout so hard in his life.... He told him that he is scared to step in the gym with me because he thinks that I like the pain.... As he told me that I could'nt help myself laugh and I replied; " I don't like the pain, I LOVE it!!! It's what keeps me alive!!! It's what gets me up in the morning and say "Today is going to be one helluva day".... I guess I left that impression in my old workout partner.... It kinda made me feel good to be called a "FREAK" !!! Look I see it this way; If I go to the gym day in day out and bust my ass everytime and be called a FREAK, Then I would take that as a compliment....
I've told everyone that I have worked out with that I expect a 110% out of them and they should expect 110% out of me!!! So what if I was called crazy or a FREAK.... Maybe I am a FREAK because view things differently.... I would rather be called a FREAK rather than waste my time in the gym..... I am here to reach my goals and I'll be dammned if I am going to let anyone or anything get in the way!!!! Good Day.... Good Lift...!!!

k1usa
03-16-07, 5:04 am
I love the pain too my brother....ill frigen work out with you anytime bro.....

Xraided831
03-17-07, 5:29 am
Journal 3-16-07

Well, another day has gone down in the books!!! I saw an old coworker in the gym and he gave me a compliment on how he admires the dedication I have on going to the gym.... man if he only knew?? lol !!! He asked me if I was doing anything different??? I replied by telling him that I eat clean and I try to live the ANIMAL way of life.... He gazed at me with this puzzled look on his face.. So I kindly explained to him what is the meaning of "ANIMAL" to me... After a short while he started to smirk and laugh... So I asked if there is anything funny??? He quickly rolled his eyes and with a condescending tone replied "I can't believe that you are buying in to this bullshit"?
See I seriously believe that there are people out there that are pretenders and say that they are bodybuilders and they don't want to lift heavy ass weights!!! Those are the same guys that give us the bad rep because they would rather look at some girls ass than lift hard.... Now I'm not saying that we can't look ... I just want to emphasize that we are there to take care of business not run our mouths off!!! See I don't need comments from people that give out negativity... But then again thats just part of life.... I trully believe that I am an ambassador for the "ANIMAL" cause... And I will conduct my actions with appropriateness and respect to others even if they don't believe me! I cannot be responsible for anyone else but by myself... I will keep on telling people about this site and the "ANIMAL" way of life and if they want to see for themselves ,then I'll let them be a judge of that... As for me I will live life the ANIMAL way and slowly etch away at my goals daily... Lift hard brothaz!!!!

Xraided831
03-20-07, 4:11 am
Journal 3-19-07

Today is the start of my new split and I am excited bout it... For the next 6 weeks I will be trying to shred down and cut body fat .... I have my meals planned out for every single day!!! I know its going to be a pain in the ass, but its one of the necessary evils to reach my goals... At work today my coworkers were laughing at me because I brought my cooler to work and they thought that I was joking around... Well you know let them laugh ... I really don't care what they think anyways.... All I know is I have to do this to accomplish my goals...!!!

The funniest thing is that today while at the gym a guy came up to me and said that everytime he sees me at the gym I'm always go hard... I told him that everytime I step into the gym its war!! I go in there give it 110% everytime all the time.!!! To me this is life... To me this is living ... To me this is ANIMAL!!!

AU_Lifter
03-20-07, 8:20 am
I like the journals, keep it up!

4NIM4L2D4
03-20-07, 10:25 pm
I wanna say ive trained with XRaided831 & he is an ANIMAL! Thanx 4 all ur help! Keep up the journal & continue 2 do good with the cut. C u tomorrow @ the gym.

Xraided831
03-21-07, 3:58 am
Journal: 3-20-07

I hit a fucking bump in my workout.... Today was Leg Day, my favorite day of the week...lol !! I was in mid set in my squats when I heard a "pop" in my side and was worried a bit cuz I thought it was my right rib.... As I sat there with pain in my sides.. I was thinkin I could go home and forget Leg Day and worry bout this pain in my side... Then I thought to myself " Are you going to let a lil bit of pain stop your hard work".??? The ANIMAL inside me kept telling me to stop being a pussy and "MAN" up.... So what it if fuckin hurts... It felt like every set I did hurt like a bitch, but I kept pressing on!! I kept telling myself; "When you looked in the mirror there were no bruises, so its all in your mind"... "It's nothing" You know you love this pain is what keeps you alive, its what keeps you living So I said fuck it and finished the rest of my Leg Day....Today was actually one of the best leg workout I've had in a while... I was able to break my old squat record!!! I wasn't going to let a minor pain stop my progress...I mean you don't surrender in the middle of the WAR, when you are winning !!! Do you?? I went home thinkin that even though today was one of those rough days, I managed to work my ass through it!!! I realized today that its going to take more than a bruised rib to get me out of the gym... They are going to have to wheel me out of there in a chair before I ruin my workout.... As for me I am still goin to train balls to the wall!!! Nothing's changed I will always be and forever be an ANIMAL!!!

Xraided831

Xraided831
03-22-07, 5:40 am
Journal: 3-21-07

The day started of like the other usual days... woke up @ 6 in da morning went downstairs made my food for the rest of the day like I usually do to start off my day!! As I got up out of bed, I remembered my fucking sides hella hurt.... So I said shit I popped my rib yesterday from squating.... So I laid there thinkin what am I going to do bout this pain?? Well fuck it!!! This shit hurts,but I am not crippled I could still get up and go... So if I could still get up... I will get my ass going into the gym!!!

I got into the gym and everybody looked a little surprised to see me.... "Hey doesn't your rib hurt"?, they asked then I told them, "It hurts like a bitch,but I got some work to do"... As I walked off I heard them say that I am an "Animal"... I must admit that when I heard that it did put a smirk in my face!! For once I felt really good to be called an "ANIMAL" !!! That word means so much to me.!!! Hurt or not this is something I gotta do!! There are no excuses... !!
So what if most of them think your crazy for being in here... I am still here to give 110% and nothing less!!!

As I got underneath the bar and looked at the weight I'm about to press...Doubts started to rise in my mind thinkin what if I can't push this up?
I told myself if you can't go hard on this then you need to get your ass home,cuz you are not going to half step this day!! I tried hard to push that doubt in my head and when I lifted that weight off the rack ...I felt like all the pain in my sides at that brief moment disappeared.... I was so amazed that I was able to press it without as much as a stinger in my side!! From now on I will never doubt myself in my capabilities and always keep pushing myself to achieve my goals no matter what odds might come against me... I guess many of us face these challenges everyday.. We hit a small bump and we feel all sorts of doubts about ourselves..The true test of an ANIMAL is how are you going to handle the situation when you're backed up in a corner and surrounded?? Are you going to fight like hell?? Or are you going to give up??? We all face these choices everyday and they are never easy.!!! Our decisions pretty much make up of what kind of character we have... Today was a hard lesson of TRUST for me.... We gotta ask ourselves everday we get up.. Are we going to have an ordinary day?? Or are we going to have one EXTRAORDINARY day!! The decision is up to you? To me that's the true test of an ANIMAL!!!

XRAIDED831

Preston
03-23-07, 3:23 pm
Reminds me of the first time I got my dose of resepct from the elders in my gym. It's something you'll always remember and glorify.

4NIM4L2D4
03-24-07, 2:43 pm
i think its time for you to hit ur journal... ima b in the gym @ 5am monday so i will probably c u tuesday.

Toni69
03-24-07, 4:00 pm
yepper buddy....so true...I spend my last buck on sups....cook my own food and live the life...the animal life. You live in San Jose...bro...Im in Fremont Fit 19...stop by ask for Russ....and we can hit it together sometime bro....Im the 53 year old getting after it like most 20 somethings....the animal way is a good way...its how we grind away at life...its how we live......its how we deal with the pain. Give me a shout bro.....

I am so with you here..I dont even do girly girl clothes shopping anymore! Its all about training clothes and supps! LOL

I am a slave to bodybuilding, we all are here. It has been said before and I will say it again, "If this shit was easy, everyone and their mother would be doing it too." The iron makes us weak because we cannot say no when it calls out to us. It makes us strong, empowered, and fearless. We are committed to this sport, like one is to baseball or football, maybe even moreso because we become one with the lift. It is an art form, a diversion, a hobby, an obsession, a competition, a love affair and a lifestyle. We cant change who we are...this is who we are. Take it or leave it..that's what I say.

Xraided831, keep this log busy with your thoughts man...liking your style!

Xraided831
03-25-07, 6:57 am
Journal: 3-24-07

This week has been one of the most grueling weeks I've had.... Its been an emotionally draining week.. I've had one of my best lifts this week, but also bruised a rib during the process..I know it hurts like a bitch, but its just a rib I think I'll be alright... God was gracious enough to give more than just one...!! lol..!! Had to fight off doubts and negativity in my head... That war's been goin on in my head all week.... I know that we all have this stuggle inside our heads... All I know is that I got to fight this doubts and block them out....
But this week was just one of those week that you feel the whole world is just out to get you!!! I went to the Doctor to get my rib checked... He checked it and said that I bruised a rib and that I need to take a few weeks off to let it heal properly... In my mind I was this thinkin "A few weeks hell no".. !! So I asked him how many weeks and he told me at least four and if it still bothers me then come back to see him!!! I was like "Fuck that!! You won't see me come back here!!! Nobody and nothing will stop me from lifting !!
If it will heal properly, then I'll be fine with it!! As for me Bodybuilding is my LIFE... its the reason that I'm LIVING!!!

Xraided831
03-26-07, 3:59 am
Journal: 3-25-07

Its Sunday evening and just sittin here relaxing on my day off and trying to watch a movie,but just doesn't seem to be interested in it so I'm in here in my sanctuary typing away my thoughts....
Last week was real rollercoaster ride for me emotionally and I'm glad that week is behind me and I look forward for tommorrow's battle!!! My rib is feeling much better.. Some soreness is still there,but feels much better!! I've been getting a lot of heat from my coworkers the last couple of days and to be honest with you its really starting to get on my nerves... I know that all of us has experienced this and we just learned not to pay no attention to it.... But these guys are just like these little gnats that would not fucking leave... I always try to uphold our beliefs in this FORVM that the rest of the world would never understand what we do.... I for one will try my best not to let these negativity affect my goals.... Its just surprising to me that they are so quick to judge me and what I do that they never look at their own faults... When they ask me to go out and have some drinks and I try as politely as I can to tell them that Saturday is a workout day and I need my rest tonight.. They are so quick to say that I am waisting my time and there is no point to getting big and here comes all the jokes and sarcasm... But when I bring up the downside of liquor they are so easily offended when I bring up the question that "why is it important to them to get shitfaced every weekend "? In which I just don't see any point to it... !! Or when they see my cooler and they take a peak in it and judge every single food item telling me how it looks gross or why do I have to eat the same thing everyday.....While they dangle all the junk that they in eat in front of me thinkin that I want it!!! No thanks... that shit will set me back more from reaching my goals...They just don't understand the DEDICATION it takes....That I have to do this and no one will get in my way!!! They always seem to ask me why can't you just be normal??? I ask them who defines normal ??? And they all look at me like I'm some sort of FREAK... I just don't really care what they're opinon is about me... I know that I'm not normal and all that matters to me is my goals.... I am not here to please anybody!!Or force my beliefs down your throat... If you wanna know about my life I'll tell ya... If you don't then get the FUCK out of the way!!! I really don't have time to litsen to your bullshit!! I have mountains of weights to move and goals to meet!!! Sometimes the sarcasm and jokes could really get to you, but you just have to remember that they want to be you, but they can't be you because they lack discipline and motivation!! They are scared of things that they don't comprehend... We toil away everyday not for them ,but for the satisfaction of the ANIMAL inside us who wants to get out!!! When you are in that gym remember you are no longer human!! You are a new breed of ANIMAL who is hungry to move these weights and conquer your fears.... Lift Hard Brothers!!!!.... Let loose the ANIMAL!!!

Xraided831

Toni69
03-26-07, 4:25 am
I have to feel sorry for such people with their remarks and accusations. I will tell you why. They are insecure and they envy you. Why? Because you have something in you they wish they can find within themselves. BB is not for everyone and many try their hand at it and fail because they set their goals too high and when they cannot reach their goals in whatever timeframe they imagaine, they get disappointed and give up.

These people see we continue to fight for what we want out of BB/Powerlifting..shit, this applies to any serious athlete for that matter.
We dont give up because we attempted to squat 300+lbs (just throwing a number out there), and couldnt do it. We dont let that deter us away from our passion. We think it over, eat, rest, and try again..till we get that dam weight moving. This is what separates us from them my friend. I dont hold it against them, I feel sorry for them. They dont have our drive, our enthusiasm, our discipline. They choose the easy way to do things. We, on the other hand, enjoy the mindgames of lifting, the pain we go through to reach our goals, the fight to get from point A to point B. Whatever other reasons there are...it boils down to the fact that we are a special breed and people will always judge, no matter what you choose to do within your life.

Stand above the rest, laugh it off and use your stengths in other ways..not just in the gym, but within your mind. These kinds of people are not even close to being in our league. Don't hold it against them, they just couldnt keep up. To them its a game, to us, its reality.

Xraided831
03-26-07, 5:04 pm
I have to feel sorry for such people with their remarks and accusations. I will tell you why. They are insecure and they envy you. Why? Because you have something in you they wish they can find within themselves. BB is not for everyone and many try their hand at it and fail because they set their goals too high and when they cannot reach their goals in whatever timeframe they imagaine, they get disappointed and give up.

These people see we continue to fight for what we want out of BB/Powerlifting..shit, this applies to any serious athlete for that matter.
We dont give up because we attempted to squat 300+lbs (just throwing a number out there), and couldnt do it. We dont let that deter us away from our passion. We think it over, eat, rest, and try again..till we get that dam weight moving. This is what separates us from them my friend. I dont hold it against them, I feel sorry for them. They dont have our drive, our enthusiasm, our discipline. They choose the easy way to do things. We, on the other hand, enjoy the mindgames of lifting, the pain we go through to reach our goals, the fight to get from point A to point B. Whatever other reasons there are...it boils down to the fact that we are a special breed and people will always judge, no matter what you choose to do within your life.

Stand above the rest, laugh it off and use your stengths in other ways..not just in the gym, but within your mind. These kinds of people are not even close to being in our league. Don't hold it against them, they just couldnt keep up. To them its a game, to us, its reality.

Thanks Sis,
Very well said and as I read your message I got the goose bumps, cuz its all true and relevant... thank you for the words on encouragement and support... I trully believe that their own insecurity is the reason why they say what they say... You are right for they can't do what we do , so they try to put us down, but we all know that there is no way we would stop and let those negative words affect our progress.. Just keep going and leave them in our dust !!! I will keep your advice in my heart as I go through my journey and know that I appreciate all your support through this!!!

Xraided831

Xraided831
03-27-07, 5:01 am
Journal: 3-26-07

To some this just another typical Monday, but not for me!! Today I am determined to start my workout week on a good note.. With the drama of last week behind me I look forward to crushing those irons in front me... I kept telling myself " Don't Look Back"!! "Don't Look Back"!!! As I sat there thinking about this week I felt a kind of humility and pride in what I have accomplished... Humility towards the kind of health that I have and I thanked God for the many blessings that I have received, but I thank him most of all for a healthy mind and body... Sometimes I forget and take these things for granted that I realize that without him giving me the gift of health I wouldn't be here doing what I love to do!! Also I felt Pride that throughout my young life I have accomplished a lot... We should be proud of ourselves for what have we accomplished and continue to improve ourselves on a daily basis be it physically or mentally.... A lot of us sometimes forget what we have accomplished because we are so focused on getting bigger and stronger that we forgot where we came from and how far we have gotten!! As for me I know that there are still plenty of room for improvement and yet I know that I have come a long way and I am proud of that accomplishment...There are so many times that we have thought about quitting and throwing in the towel and yet we are still here standing fighting and giving everything we have day in day out.... We never complain about the pain and soreness,cuz we love it and everyday we look forward to toiling away in the gym just so we can feel alive.... Yes, we do it cuz the Pain helps us know that we are alive!!! The true ANIMAL knows that Bodybuilding is not just a sport, but a way of life!! Its part of who we are and what makes us whole... Many say that what we do is pointless and that we are vain... They will never know that feeling cuz they envy your determination,because they don't have the same motivation a you... You are what you are!! Either you accept who you are or walk away from it! As for me this is who I am ... This is my Life!! Accept me for who I am or get out of my way...!!!! Lift Hard.... Lift Strong.... Lift like an ANIMAL !!!!!

Xraided831

Xraided831
03-28-07, 5:51 am
Journal: 3-27-07

My day started earlier than usual and I woke up at around 6:30 am. Went downstairs to start my day off by preparing my food for the rest of the day...
usually I dread getting up in the morning that early ,but the last couple of days I actually did'nt mind... I guess you could say that I've been eager to get up in the morning so I could get ready to tear it up at the gym.... People has started to notice the difference in my body and I'm only in my second week of my cutting phase... I love those comments they are like bits of encouragement to get me going to this cutting phase... I have slowly gotten used to the diet and I don't think my body minds the adjustment, but I still have a long journey to go...And I have minimized my cravings to a minimum.. My lifts have been improving and my energy levels have been through the roof... There is none better than seeing results slowly but surely I am chipping away at my goals!!! Tommorrow is another day of battle and I am more than ready to slaughter those weights and rip my muscles to shred so I can rebuild them back up... That's the ANIMAL life !!! Rip and tear your muscles down, so you could rebuild them back up.... "Rome wasn't built in a day" !!! Get ready... Set... Tear it up!!!!

Xraided831

Xraided831
03-29-07, 5:45 am
Journal: 3-28-07

My workout partner was a no show today and I'm tired of hearing his excuses already.!!!I told him many times that I will not stop if he decides to fall behind I'm not there for his convenience!!! I don't know sometimes bout that guy? He shows up late and sometimes never and always go half assed his workout.... While I'm busting my ass he's over in the corner chatting away... He is soo fucking gone!!! That is it for him... The only thing he is good at is a spot and he can't even get that right cuz he'd rather look at some girl's ass than workout.... Fucking casual lifters!!! Argh.....
Anyways enough bout him my workout was pretty solid, yet I could slowly tell that this low carb diet is taking its toll on my strength ... I mean I feel and look good yet the lack of carbs has lowered my strength a lil bit.... Its all good though I could gain that back when I finish my cutting phase ... 4 more weeks of this shit and I could Carb Cycle... I talked to my boy Kyle today about "The Pump"... That was some serious shit, cuz we all have felt that feeling at one point and that's one of the main reason we keep coming back and hitting it hard... Its like an addictive drug and when you get that feeling of your muscles swelling it is a phenomenal feeling .. You feel like you're bout to explode in your own skin... I love that feeling cuz when you get it makes doing what we do day in day out worthwhile... You bust your ass everytime just so you can feel it again and again!!!!

Xraided831

Toni69
03-29-07, 5:52 am
I hear ya..yesterday was really rough for me..my 4th low day (75g carbs, 15-25g fats).

I managed a shoulder workout but my leg training from tues was killer and wore me down.

I was going to say..I used Shock therapy and pump for a long time and it was great, especially on low days. I replaced pump with nitro pak now and that with the ST is kick ass too. Now, Universal products work really well with me. My body instantly responds to their products..so, trial and error. It may or may not feel the same for you, but I guarantee, you would feel and see major improvments in your performance and energy levels.

I still use storm after I train. By the time I finish lifting and doing cardio..I am literally barely moving my legs out the door, I am that spent. The storm picks me right up. Then, I do my post wo shake (with oats, depending on what carb day it is, depends on how much oats I add into it), and this carries me over to my next meal.

Your diet is key when doing this carb cycling thing...the diet and timing is everything. If you time your supps and carbs just right, you will feel that much better. You will still have crap days and you will have days where your strength is like a bouncing ball. I see it like this, if my flat bench was a bit weaker than normal, I make up for it on incline db press, or on the pec dec. I use a different exercise on the same bodypart to maximize my gains...so if the actual compound movement (like bench), was weak...I use something like flys as my compound movement if I feel I am going to be stronger in that area that day.

Does that make sense to you at all? This works for me.

Xraided831
03-29-07, 5:59 am
I hear ya..yesterday was really rough for me..my 4th low day (75g carbs, 15-25g fats).

I managed a shoulder workout but my leg training from tues was killer and wore me down.

I was going to say..I used Shock therapy and pump for a long time and it was great, especially on low days. I replaced pump with nitro pak now and that with the ST is kick ass too. Now, Universal products work really well with me. My body instantly responds to their products..so, trial and error. It may or may not feel the same for you, but I guarantee, you would feel and see major improvments in your performance and energy levels.

I still use storm after I train. By the time I finish lifting and doing cardio..I am literally barely moving my legs out the door, I am that spent. The storm picks me right up. Then, I do my post wo shake (with oats, depending on what carb day it is, depends on how much oats I add into it), and this carries me over to my next meal.

Your diet is key when doing this carb cycling thing...the diet and timing is everything. If you time your supps and carbs just right, you will feel that much better. You will still have crap days and you will have days where your strength is like a bouncing ball. I see it like this, if my flat bench was a bit weaker than normal, I make up for it on incline db press, or on the pec dec. I use a different exercise on the same bodypart to maximize my gains...so if the actual compound movement (like bench), was weak...I use something like flys as my compound movement if I feel I am going to be stronger in that area that day.

Does that make sense to you at all? This works for me.

Hey Sis,
I hear ya on that... Yesterday was a low day for me and I guess it affected me today.. I still take my Animal supps and love them they work for me great especially Nitro and Pump... The compound exercise does makes sense and I will put that to use thanks again and love the tips you've been giving me I will make sure to put them to use.... Goodnight

Xraided831

4NIM4L2D4
03-30-07, 5:33 pm
man i hit the gym at 5am as soon as they open...it felt good just not to many familiar faces. The thought of the pump has been in and out of my mind and im ready to tear it up monday.

Xraided831
03-31-07, 5:12 am
Journal: 3-30-07
This week is one of the hardest training weeks I've had in a long time... After coming back from a bruised ribs last week I am glad that this week is finally coming to a close....!!! Don't get me wrong I love training hard and pushing the limit everytime I hit that gym, but I do love my days off training and let my body recooperate from the punishment I've been putting myself into.... I'm litsening to my body and I think its telling me that I need to take a week off from training and let it heal.... The real struggle is the mindset and how to prepare myself for the rest.... Any true bodybuilder will tell you that we all need to take time off from the gym and rest....We're not talking about your normal days off,but a little extended time just to rest and come back rejuvenated... See we are supposed to take time every few months of hard trainning and just rest.... Like any ANIMAL the true test is staying away from the gym for that amount of time.... Its always been hard for me and I always struggle with it cuz of guilt by not lifting... But my mind tells me that I need that rest!!! Everytime my body needs rest it usually tells me by extended muscle soreness, insomnia, or just feeling tired all the time.... Its just up to the persong to plan a course of action to get some rest.... All I know is that I need some rest cuz my body is starting to display those symptoms... So I am going to litsen to my body and take the much deserved rest that I need... I will draw up some plans to keep my body at rest and get ready when I do get back to hit it hard again.... All I know is that I'll probably take a week of and just chill out .... Now this does not exclude cardio and abs ... So my ass will still be at the gym ..!!! Just not pushing weights.... Ooooohhh that is going to be some tough shit,seeing those weights and not doing anything..!!! It just calls to you!!! I will prolly do it after this coming week and put my plan into action....

Xraided831

Xraided831
04-02-07, 4:36 am
Journal: 4-1-07

As I sit here in this dark room the quietness has overcome me and I could not help but think.... "I am Alone", I never really felt so alone before it's been a while since I had a workout partner .. In the beginning of this year I've already had 4 training partners not one of them lasted more than 2 weeks!!! I am tired of looking for training partners and never show up or comes up with dozens of reasons why they were late!!! I have been working out without looking back and I make sure that I keep my eye on my goals... I've come across many so called "partners" that come and try to change my workout to fit their scheme... I have made all effort to keep my eye on my goals and I'll be dammned if some fucker is gonna tell me break my training program... NO THANK YOU !!! You can train by yourself... Only true ANIMALS understand the importance of consistency and hardwork... So I sit here planning my day tommorrow in this dark room alone and I have come to realize that depending on other people to motivate is a sign of weakness...From now on I will rely only on myself and my true brothers on here... My real motivation is my progress and journey that lie in front of me... I look forward to everyday beacause each day brings me closer to doing what I love to do and closer to achieving my goals.... You know what I'm never really alone....!! I have myself and the weight in front of me... That is the true workout partner... LIft Hard.... Lift Strong.... Lift like an ANIMAL!!!!

Xraided831

Xraided831
04-03-07, 4:41 am
Journal: 4-2-07

"Respect"- This seven letter word that all ANIMALS have come to look for... To us its not just some word that we take likely... To us it has to be earned, given and also practiced... We all started at one point of our lifting experiences weak and helpless, but as time went by we achieved respect through our sweat, tears, injury, and hard work!!! No one was born defined and cut up .... It takes long hours of hard work along with the sharpest diet and smart discipline to see results.... Our persistency is our main fuel in this sport the will of always trying to improve... Nobody is perfect yet we all strive to be one all of our lives and we love it!!! Today I was asked if I could see myself lifting or another 20-30 years and my answer is yes.... I love this sport and this a major part of who I am... People might like me or they may not.. But one thisng is for sure Bodybuilding has been major part of my life since I was young ...Take me as I am or leave me be!!! I loved it then and I still love it now.... I respect those people that come into the gym and try to improve... To me numbers don't really matter !!!They are what hey are just numbers.... I respect those that come and bust their ass hitting the weights as hard as they can to improve not only their looks but also their lives.... The gym has a lot of snot nosed wannabes that think that they are better than everybody... I have no respect for people like that... Humility is something we all have to learn and practice... All of us ANIMALS are blessed with the knowledge of this sport and I feel that it is our job to help those who are starting out.... Remember when we first started out we didn't know a thing and yet someone much more experienced guided us through !!! I believe that bodybuilding is a sport of shared knowledge, all the accomplishments we have achieved would be worth nothing if we don't have respect for others and we don't earn respect... Respect is something earned not bought... You have to give respect to get respect and you will get more respect if you show humility towards your accomplishments... Lift Hard... Lift Strong.... LIft like an ANIMAL!!!!

Xraided831
04-07-07, 3:51 pm
Journal: 4-7-07

Its been a couple of days since I wrote on here,but I have not for one single moment thought about the ANIMAL life... I think about it every minute and have based my life in these codes.... Life itself might get busy and complicated most of the time, but my life in the gym is simple "Push till it Burns"... That has been my life for years now.... Most think its ridiculous and selfish but everyone has their own opinion on how they want to live their life....My training has come to a turning point and I have decided to take a much deserved time off!!!! I know this sounds painful but I just know I have to do it !!! My body's been leaving clues for me and its been telling me that I need to do it and for once I think I am going to litsen.... Its hard taking some time off , I know its only a week ,but a week without lifting feels like an eternity... I know its more of a mind game and its going to be tough dealing with working out without weights.... But I know its a necessary evil that needs to be done... I am still going to the gym,not to lift weights ,but do some cardio cuz I'm in the cutting phase....This shit is going to be hard but I'll bite the bullet and take like a man .... I know that when I come back I'll be hitting it 110% like always do ... Wish me luck bros ??? Its going to be one rough week !!!! Lift Hard... LIft Strong .... Lift Like an ANIMAL!!!!

Xraided831

twisted_steel
04-09-07, 12:53 pm

Someone once said "Practice what you preach". I have been dwelling on this quote for a while now. There are times that I just want to hang the towel and say fuck it? But there is this thing inside you that tells you no.That burning feeling inside you that pushes you to do what you do!! When I came into this site I finally understood what really defines an Animal. I understood that thing inside me is the Animal that drives me to push another rep, put another 10lbs, lift another day.

I must say living the Animal life is no simple task. Really?? Who wants to eat only certain types of foods? Who wants to lift 5 to 6 times a week? Who wants to take 2 hrs a day just to prepare food for the rest of the day?? Only a true Animal will, because of the DESIRE inside them that tells them you are what you are! So what if I 'm a Freak!! I don't fit the norm! I don't do what they tell me to do? I don't look like the way a normal man should look like?

A lot of the people I know wants to do what I do, but when it comes down to doing these basic things they will try to find ways to make excuses.. The way of the Animal is no smooth stroll in the park. It is a road paved with sweat, blood and tears... Don't expect everyone to understand you,cuz they never will. They never had the Animal inside them!!

-Xraided831-

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!

Xraided831
04-10-07, 6:03 am
Journal: 4-9-07

This hella sucks ass man.!!! My first day of not touching weights and I already feeling the withdrawals... As I sat there inside the weight room thinking how am I going to face those weights without breaking my plan... My body is telling me that rest is good for you and yet my mind is playin tricks on my head by telling me that I need to push it.... Looking at the weight room right across from the Cardio area I could actually hear the weights calling me ..And man does that sounds so good to hit it hard .... But my plan is to take a break and the rest is good for me, to help recuperate my body from the pounding I gave it for 3 straight months... All I know is that I have just 6 more days and counting till I hit it again... I know Cardio sucks ass and I hate doing it, but I'd rather do that than sit my ass at home watching TV... I need cardio anyways specially cuz I need to lean out... When I come back it will be war once again and I'd better be prepared for the next 3 months because I will bring the PAIN back and It'll be one helluva journey.... One down 6 more to go.... I will be waiting and I will be ready .... Here I come!!!! Lift hard .... Lift Strong... LIft like an ANIMAL!!!!

Xraided831

Xraided831
04-10-07, 5:36 pm
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!

Thanks bro,
Just livin the Animal Life and taking every single moment to improve my lifestyle..... Live on Bro

Xraided831

Xraided831
04-13-07, 7:50 am
Journal: 4-12-07

As I sit here thinking about how I should sum up my week I could not help but think of the disatisfaction I've had all week.... Its always been hard on me everytime I take some time off lifting weights... I truly believe that it is more my mind that keeps tempting me to lift weights..Jealousy toward other guys out in the weight room trying to hit it hard...But I know deep down inside that my body needs rest.. As much as I love the PAIN and your body does need its rest and it is one of the necessary evils that we as bodybuilders have to face... Overall my body feels good and I've been pretty much on time with taking my supps which helps on my recovery....

I have to calm down this Animal inside me and that to me is no simple task... For I have to fight it inside me and its an ongoing battle!!! Evertime I go the gym and get a whiff the smell of iron, this Animal inside me goes ape shit and I love it because I know as I count down the days of my cardio only workouts... I am going to come back to the weights viciously and with without mercy... I have angered the Animal and it wants blood, sweat and glory.... I am so excited because I am coming back fully rested and 110%....
I am on day 5 of my 7 day rest and I cant wait to unleash the Animal !!! I am going to shred every tissue and sinew in my body and I look forward to it... I have a long journey ahead of me.. It has a beggining but no end because this is the path that I have chosen and I live by these codes... I have tried paid my dues and still have to pay more,Even though I feel that a lot of odds are stacked against me it will never stop me from getting to where I am headed.....In this life there's only one way for me and that is the ANIMAL WAY... come take me as I am or get the fuck out my way... Peace

-X

Bear
04-17-07, 7:39 pm
Today was FUCKING INSANE! I still can't feel my freaking arms. Haha. 7 plate T-bars with god knows how many curls. Lmao

Xraided831
04-18-07, 4:26 am
Journal 4-17-07

I had one of the boys come down and train with me and let me tell you working out with a true ANIMAL is uncomparable.... I just had one of the killer back and Bicep workout in a while.... that goes to show that there is a big difference between the way we train.... Like the saying goes " Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but not everyone wants to lift heavy ass weights"... That is the difference between us and the norm... We never question who we are because we already know what we are and we are one thing.... ANIMALS!!! See casual lifters and so called posers are confused to what is they're purpose in the gym?? They doubt their abilities and question their strength because they don't have the drive and motivation... They think by training @ a mediocre level they would look like an ANIMAL... I've seen all of the different types... The only true test of an ANIMAL is how far can you push yourself to the breaking point and push even more.. This life is never easy cuz if it was everyone in the world would be doing it.. We are a new breed that doesn't give a fuck to what others think of us and we live with a simple basic understanding between us and the almighty iron... Everyday we pound and we pound because this is our journey and we believe that this is our purpose!!!! Brothers if we understand this we are unstoppable!! Now try to fathom that and see how far can you push yourself.... Lift hard... Lift strong... Lift like an ANIMAL!!!

Xraided831

Xraided831
04-19-07, 4:14 am
Journal: 4-18-07

After much toiling and hardcore dieting, everybody has started taking a notice the change in my physique... Its kinda nice to be noticed and appreciated for once... In this life compliments never come too often and when it does I really do appreciate it... I have put in a lot of hard work and pain in my journey and as I look back I would gladly go through it over and over again!! As ANIMALS you never really never get to meet a lot of people that think the way you do... Most of the time you get labeled a "FREAK" and looked as an abomination to mankind... It's alright though we all go through this life ridiculed and labeled and we just learn to brush it off our shoulders and keep going.... Because we know that everyday we chip away at our goals and the closer we are to our journey.. I love this life and I try to enjoy every step of my journey, yeah I admit that sometimes it gets rough... But thats just how life is and no matter what you keep pushing forward... Never mind the haters and posers, cuz they are lost and they are frustrated because they could never be you.... "Life is too short to be small my friend"!!! As for me I will treat every training day like it is my last...." Balls to Wall Brothaz!!! See you all at the TOP!!! Peace!!

Xraided831

Naturally Huge
05-23-07, 12:27 am

-Xraided831-

You hit the nail on the head. I have a friend who always hits me up for advice on training and diet. I went out of my way to write up a mass diet for him and even went grocery shopping with him. He wants to get bigger, especially in his legs, but he is always making excuses about his failure to eat properly. This is a guy who is living the single life and has all the time in the world to prepare his meals for the day or work week. This is a guy who looks around the gym DURING THE MIDDLE OF A SET to look for hotties. This is a guy who has used the same poundages for his exercises for the past year. I always tell him that if I can do it while supporting a wife and two kids, then his lazy ass can too! It all depends on a person's motivation and what he willing to sacrifice. A lot of people know what they want, but aren't willing to do what it takes to get there.

YAK
06-01-07, 8:32 pm
Journal: 4-18-07

After much toiling and hardcore dieting, everybody has started taking a notice the change in my physique... Its kinda nice to be noticed and appreciated for once... In this life compliments never come too often and when it does I really do appreciate it... I have put in a lot of hard work and pain in my journey and as I look back I would gladly go through it over and over again!! As ANIMALS you never really never get to meet a lot of people that think the way you do... Most of the time you get labeled a "FREAK" and looked as an abomination to mankind... It's alright though we all go through this life ridiculed and labeled and we just learn to brush it off our shoulders and keep going.... Because we know that everyday we chip away at our goals and the closer we are to our journey.. I love this life and I try to enjoy every step of my journey, yeah I admit that sometimes it gets rough... But thats just how life is and no matter what you keep pushing forward... Never mind the haters and posers, cuz they are lost and they are frustrated because they could never be you.... "Life is too short to be small my friend"!!! As for me I will treat every training day like it is my last...." Balls to Wall Brothaz!!! See you all at the TOP!!! Peace!!

Xraided831

right on man great attitude

4NIM4L2D4
06-26-07, 11:19 am
whats up man where have you been?

Xraided831
07-19-07, 6:19 am
Journal 7-19-07

Its been a while since I wrote on my journal... Months to be exact... I guess I just haven't had the chance to write... Life has been good my lifts are still pretty solid... I've put on ten more pounds of mass since the last time I was on here.... I'm at 245 and I am soo happy to have reached my goal....

Now that I have conquered that goal... Its time to set a new one.... I have to shred and lean out... Its really a catch 22 when it comes to dieting... Its not the first time I've wandered to this same position,but its a well accepted part of my training.!!! When you accept being an Animal you accept everything that gets thrown to you!!!

I look at it this way... Its like something you used to do and you just have to get used to it again... The next 8 weeks are going to be hell.... I'm trying to go through carb cycling and strict dieting for the rest of the summer...

-X-

Xraided831
01-23-10, 4:03 pm
Journal 1-23-10

Its been a very long time since my last journal. The last couple of years I have gone through ups and downs.. Its funny how sometimes life can somehow spit you out.. I was in a major motorcycle accident in late 2008 that left me out of the gym for 8 months. I broke my wrist of all the bones I had to break that one.. The doctors told me I was lucky that I was in good shape and that I'm lucky that's all I broke. Fuck them they don't know shit about how bad breaking a wrist is to me. all I can think of was "Fuck My Bike" and "Fucking shit how long is this shit gonna put me out of the gym?" I was deeply saddened that I lost my bike and much worse I am definitely going to be out of the gym for God knows how long? So they put me on a cast for 6 months and I tell you its the longest 6 months of my life.. Not only did I break my wrist, I also broke 2 metacarpals and tore some ligaments that they had to repair arthroscopy. 6 months in that fucking cast was torture,every doctor visit I ask how long till I can go back to the gym? Never did I really get an answer? I was thinking if they cant give me an answer I'm gonna find out for myself. After 6 months came they took the cast off and I was pissed to find out that I still need to go through physical therapy for 2 more months.. By this time I was just depressed because I wasn't happy with the way I looked! I have lost quite a bit of the muscles that I worked so hard to get... It was a blow to my ego. I was sitting there almost into tears thinking WTF am I going to do now? So I started to slowly go back to the gym and workout here and there.. Saw old buddies lifting hard and I got jealous. What the Fuck I used to be able to do that.. Right then I made a conscious effort to work hard and retrain my wrist and slowly get back in shape! Its been 8 months since I went back to the gym and I could say I am slowly starting to see the results of my hardwork.. Thanks to the "Animal" supps I have 85% of my strength back. I know I am still a long way brothers, but I know with the right "Animal" supps and stacks I can get there quickly. All I have is time and the drive to get there. Its really nice to be finally back on.. Its nice to hear the compliments once again and to finally put my head down and go to work.. OK Here I Come!

-X-

Xraided831
01-25-10, 1:34 am
Journal: 1-24-10
Today was the first day I actually went to the gym as soon as I woke up.. Its been a long time since I have done that..2 weeks into my cutting phase and I am already feeling the drop in power. The last 2 days have been a drag and just been having mediocre workouts.Today was different I came in there to "GET SHIT DONE"... Worst enough I have to slave away on "Cardio".. Ugh I hate cardio, but its one of the necessary evil that needs to be done.. I'd rather be lifting and pounding away on the iron.. Can't believe I gotta do 6 more weeks of this bullshit!! Oh well, I guess we all do it? Hey I got asked a question a few days ago on why we do it? Why do we put our bodies through this rigorous training? Why do we "slave" away day in and day out? I took some time to ponder around and wonder and I came up with only one answer.. That answer although seems hillarious to some but makes sense to me.. And that is "WHY NOT!!" That is the only answer I will ever need.. We do it cause we can and we do it...To me there is no other reason why! We do it coz only a few can and that is an awsome feeling to be part of that small percentage that do it because they love it!! Because if you dont.. THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY AND MAKE ROOM FOR US!!

-X-

mcbeast
01-25-10, 2:40 am
Glad to see your gettin yourself together brotha. Dont let anything get in your way.

Xraided831
01-27-10, 8:37 pm
Glad to see your gettin yourself together brotha. Dont let anything get in your way.

Excessive my Brotha, Thanks for the encouragement.. Thanks to brothers in iron like you, it makes it worthwhile to hit the gym again and again.. I know I have a long way to go before I get back to where I was and going to be.. But all I can do is put my head down and go to work day in and day out!! Thanks again bro... Lift like an Animal Bro!! Peace!!

-X-

Xraided831
01-30-10, 1:32 am
Journal 1-29-10

Another week in the books people.. Hell yeah as I look back at this week I couldn't help but realize that as the days go by I am starting to get the hunger and anticipation of the next training day... As if like a kid in a candy store eagerly awaiting his reward! I am very optimistic about the next couple of days as I tackle through another bad ass week.. Most would slump over and complain how working out is bothersome and hard.. And I wake everyday now ecstatic about my workouts.. I thank God everyday that I am able to pound those weights and I just can't wait for more!! Hell yeah bring on the pain... You gotta love it!! Laterz everyone!! Peace!!

-X-

Xraided831
02-05-10, 5:37 am
FRIDAY 2-6-10

Sitting here going through my day and I had to get something off my chest... Man this shit's been bugging me all day.. There is nothing more I hate than seeing a dude that I haven't seen in a while and telling me how much they could bench or how heavy is their last deadlifts... Why do these Mofo's think I do give a shit about what they can do?? And why the hell are they telling me?? Sometimes I feel like these fuckers want a pat on the back for training hard.. I wanna tell them so bad that I really dont give a fuck if you are stronger than me?? I am not here to be in a contest with you on who is stronger.. These are the same fuckers that spend every weekend getting shitfaced while I'm in the gym every Saturday pounding away? And these are the same posers that want respect from me?? They train 2-3 times a week and have a shitty ass diet and they want me to take them seriously?? I don't know but everytime I see this dude he is always up in my business asking me if I train hard?? Asking me how much can I bench so he could compare his numbers with mine? To be honest I've seen his numbers and they aren't all that impressive?? He seems to think that we are in competition on who will be stronger.. Little does he know that I really don't give a fuck!! I'm not here to please anyone?? I am here to calm this Beast inside of me that wants to pound away at these weights.. I am not here for you ... I am here for Me!! PEACE!!

-X-

Xraided831
02-07-10, 7:09 am
Journal: Sunday 2-7-10

I must be out of my damn mind sitting here at 3:30 in the morning planning my new training splits for the next 4 weeks.. While the whole world sleeps I'm here mapping out my plans for the coming weeks onslaught.. Like some may say " Who does that at that time of the day"? I say the "DEDICATED".. !! Thats right the ones who slave away day in day out in the battlefield called the gym.. We are not looking for glory or honor or feel the need to be accepted.. We do it cause its a never ending fight within ourselves to calm this thing inside us that sees those ugly pieces of iron and pound the hell out of them!!... They ask, "Why do we do it"? "That's not normal"? We do it coz we love the pain and we love aches of every muscle in our body aching... We love that because it makes us feel alive! Most would shy away from this life, but I embrace it... It goes well beyond looking good and anything superficial.. Its more of a satisfaction that in the end all that matters is that you went in there and took care of business plain and simple.. I LOVE THIS LIFE... It keeps me hungry and even with all the pain, it makes you wanna come back for more and do better... "Face The Pain" !! Now that is ANIMAL...

-X-

Go Away
02-07-10, 9:26 am
You hit the nail on the head. I have a friend who always hits me up for advice on training and diet. I went out of my way to write up a mass diet for him and even went grocery shopping with him. He wants to get bigger, especially in his legs, but he is always making excuses about his failure to eat properly. This is a guy who is living the single life and has all the time in the world to prepare his meals for the day or work week. This is a guy who looks around the gym DURING THE MIDDLE OF A SET to look for hotties. This is a guy who has used the same poundages for his exercises for the past year. I always tell him that if I can do it while supporting a wife and two kids, then his lazy ass can too! It all depends on a person's motivation and what he willing to sacrifice. A lot of people know what they want, but aren't willing to do what it takes to get there.

fuck that. i have one kid with one of the way, supporting them and my wife...
and its hard to keep at it - much easier to order pizza and chill. but fuck that.
its nice to be apart of a community (be it virtual or not) that shares the same ideals as myself.
get big muthafuckers.

Xraided831
02-07-10, 2:10 pm
fuck that. i have one kid with one of the way, supporting them and my wife...
and its hard to keep at it - much easier to order pizza and chill. but fuck that.
its nice to be apart of a community (be it virtual or not) that shares the same ideals as myself.
get big muthafuckers.

Congratulations on the baby on the way.. Sometimes life just throws curve balls at you.. Doesn't mean you're gonna let life beat you.. I have a daughter myself and it took a while to et used to that,but its the best thing that could ever happen to me.. Now I train whenever I can which makes it more sweeter coz I know now I have to take care of it and train like a freak.. Coz my time is precious.. Live on.. Keep training brother... Train like a freak!!
Peace...

-X-

Xraided831
02-22-10, 4:24 am
Journal 2-21-10

Today I heard the funniest thing, there's been word going around work.. I kinda caught me by surprise but I couldn't help but notice that there might be some truth to this rumor..Ever since I have gotten back from my motorcycle injury all I have done is put blinders on and kept quiet and just go to work on trying to get back and pound those iron.. Today someone approached me asking me about training and one aquintance of mine told him to be careful when he works out with me coz "Im Crazy"!! Crazy was his description of me, I couldn't help but laugh.. I guess I really don't fit the norm the mold that they had of a typical lifter.. He kept explaining to him how I workout and that how much I love pain, and how much I enjoy making people suffer during my workout. The whole time he was yapping I couldn't help think how much of an ass does he look when he works out.. This is the same dude that works out and complains how he hasn't seen results in a long time. Fucker already overtrained his ass and doesn't know it.. Fucking casual lifters I guess they're everywhere. I just kept my mouth shut because I don't need to explain shit to anyone.. I only have to answer to myself and I am not at the gym for someone else's approval. If they think I'm crazy when I work out then let them! I could really give a shit all I care about is my goals and that cold hard iron in between my hands. Brothers you are gonna come across people that just try to knock you down.. I say let them try and take a step back and let them swing in the air because they are never gonna touch you coz you know who you are and no matter what people say. You know you what you are an "Animal"!
The longer you accept what you are the thicker your skin becomes..Just remember brothers keep your blinders on and go to work.. The only thing that matters is that cold iron in your palms!! Lift Strong... Lift like an Animal... !! Peace!!

-X-

Xraided831
02-23-10, 2:10 am
Journal: Monday 2-22-10

I have been beaten before and just like any man I also bleed.. We are all subject to this brutal reality. I sit here contemplating how the last 3 months have been since I got back into serious training I have dealt with serious rollercoaster of feelings.. Knowing what lay before me I cant tell what the future holds, no one can. One thing is for sure we all go back to what we know and what we love.. See I love this life.. Being an Animal to me more than just a symbol, its life ... Its Redemption!! Life has its challenges and it could be a bitch.. Like my old man used to say "Life throws you lemons, you have to learn to make these lemons into lemonades".. I have learned these last couple of months that the past is the past.. Sometimes its a pain in the ass to forget mistakes in the your past, but we all gotta learn to never dwell on them or we will become stagnant.. Who gives a shit how you fucked up.. What you are accountable for is how are you going to pick yourself up and get back into the game.. Thats Redemption!! Life and some people will try to hold you back and push you down.. Its basically up to you if you wanna litsen to them or that voice inside of you.. That same beast that's been crawling around deep in your skin.. Yes that voice, that beast whose dying to come out... THAT ANIMAL!!! Remember that Animal inside of you is gonna want blood, its gonna want sweat.. Thats when you know redemption is coming.. Can you feel it?? Can you hear it? It's on its way !! Peace!!

-X-

Xraided831
03-01-10, 1:16 pm
Journal: Monday 2-28-10

Sitting here waiting for my food to cook. Seems like we do the same thing everyday. Most people wouldn't last doing what we do? I find it sort of relieving because we have some sort of normality with our lives. I have a vision of where I wanna be in a year and a vision of where I wanna be in 5 years.. Ask yourselves how far do you want to take it to reach your goals? I have answered the call of this life.. I have made myself accountable for everything that I do.. This life is not easy, nobody says it is.. Thats why there are so very few of us! As I start my week of brutalizing workouts and monotonous dieting my vision stays clear. Hope your vision stays as clear as you look in that mirror.. It never lies, it is discriminating and brutally honest.. Look through it and it will tell you if you are living the life of an Animal.. It also tells you where you are in achieving your vision. I say look at everyday as it would be your last.. Live on brothaz and lift hard .. Peace

jandirigma
03-06-10, 6:55 pm
That's exactly the way bodybuilding should be bro, driven by discipline. That's the truth.

Xraided831
03-12-10, 1:21 pm
Journal: Friday 3-12-10

I get asked all the time why do I do it?? As I sit back and think as far back as I can remember I have always loved this life. It is true, Life sometimes can suck and throw you off and test your resolve. But I have always come back to what I know best and what I love. I am a man on a journey, I am here for one reason and that is to get where I need to be. This journey sometimes could be very lonely. I have to remind myself that I am the only one responsible for my goals. I am still here day in day out on this lonely long road in which no one understand you. We are a brotherhood of few because not everyone is cut out for this life. The sacrifice the pain this life is hard. There was a time that I thought I was done and I wanna hang it up, but the call of the Iron is too strong to resist. So strong that you see it in your sleep, you see it in when you are eating and you see it when your training. I look in the mirror and I see a man, a freak, a monster, and an Animal! If you love this life there is no asking why you do it!! You do it cuz its a part of who you are!! You understand that you are an Animal and that's the only way you know how to live! Haters and naysayers will always laugh and put you down, but you really dont give a shit! Because within these walls you call the gym is where you belong and this is your home! I live my life each and everyday underneath the smell of Iron on my hands with sweat on my brow and the knowledge that I am one small step closer to my journey. I am just a man, a freak, an Animal still here on this journey. I stand up, humbled and willing to be counted to this brotherhood of a few. I am a son, a father, an Animal !! I am STILL HERE, now come and join me in this life and start your own Journey!! Live Hard... Live On.. Train Like an ANIMAL!

-X-

Xraided831
03-12-10, 8:51 pm
That's exactly the way bodybuilding should be bro, driven by discipline. That's the truth.

I hear ya bro.. I live this life trying my best to live in discipline.. We are all on the same journey here and its nice to get support from other brothers in Iron.. Live strong.. Lift Hard!!

-X-

Xraided831
08-12-13, 2:15 pm
Journal: 7-14-13
Been a long time since I've posted anything in this journal. My journey through this life has been somewhat mixed with different emotions. I've dealt with both ups and downs of training. I've come across many who wanted to take this journey with me and failed. I too have succumbed to failing, but one thing I know about myself is that no matter what life throws at me. I will never give up this life of pain, sweat, and hardship of living the Animal life. No one ever said that this life is easy! I get asked all the time what is the reason I put myself through this struggle? And I smile and let them know that without this life I wouldn't know who I am. Most of my life I've spent training and pushing myself as hard as I can to the limit. I do it because I love it and not to impress anyone or any girl! I go through this routine not for fame or glory, but for the shear satisfaction of HONOR and HARDWORK for a routine will ever understand or even know about. Its all about walking out of the gym knowing that whatever leave back there I know I gave it 110%!! As I sit here in the dark and see a glimpse of myself in the mirror I can see a man with the ANIMAL tattooed on my arm as a constant reminder of who I am and what I am.. If I ever doubt myself and hit a wall the symbol on my arm reminds me of the EPIC workouts of the past 15 years! What other reasons do I need other than I am an ANIMAL and this is Me and that's what I do. PEACE!

XRAIDED

Auslifter
08-15-13, 1:36 am
My first powerlifting meet a few months ago.No massive weights being thrown around, just some humble first meet attempts. Most important thing is, I wore my Animal T-shirt.
It was time to deadlift. My second attempt saw me pull a 195kg, it didnt feel easy coming up off the floor, and i struggled. I then decided for my third attempt to pull a 205kg. 'Fuck it' i said to myself, thought i might aswell aim to smash a PR while im here. My friends who were also competing and those that came to watch thought i was an idiot for doing so, as they were certain it would be way too heavy, they tried to convince me to tell the judges to lower the weight. I ignored them. I went to the toilet while i was waiting to lift, washed my face, stared at myself in the mirror, and looked at the T-shirt i was wearing. "Animal".
I walked out of the toilet with my eyes wide open. Staring at the bar until it was my turn to lift.
My friend came up to me and said ' just do your best'. I didnt reply to him as i was too focused.
I walked up to the bar, mentally imaging myself locked up in a cage, and about to be unleashed. A lifetime of oppressed rage that i had never known to exist prior came rushing to my mind like a tornado. I felt the 'Animal' across my chest beating like it was my own heart.
I took grasp of the bar , and PULLED. And didnt stop til it was up,i forgot to breathe until i placed the bar back on the floor. After smashing my new PR i shouted as i let go of the weight i walked off the platform and fell straight onto my coach as i was too dizzy to walk.
I sat down and the first thing that my friend said to me was ' You were an Animal'
Fuck it felt good!
~THE LIFE OF AN ANIMAL IS THE ONLY LIFE FOR ME~

Xraided831
08-21-13, 6:28 pm
Journal 8-21-13

" I've been beaten and bruised day in and day out! I have struggled all of my life, nothing seems to come easy anymore. My whole life seems to be a never ending routine. My journey has never been easy. I have faced doubt and have been ridiculed for the way I live. I spend most of my time alone away from people because most people I have met don't understand this life! I have come to accept who I am and I have fought my way through this life! There are no regrets here! I have earned everything I worked for in the gym! As I looked down on my scarred calloused hands I can see the merits of days, weeks, months, and years of battle with the iron. These scarred hands are my badge of honor. Some might see these scarred hands as pointless torment, but I see these hands as a never ending struggle with beast of iron. These beasts of Iron is unrelenting and will never cease. It will beat you and trample you if you come unprepared. Never doubt yourself as you face it for you have the power to tame it! I have come to love this life, I get up everyday to prove that I could grind the iron every time. I have no medals, no fame and no glory in the years of battle with the Iron. All I have is these scarred calloused hands to show for. And the shear determination of an Animal attitude to grind it in everyday! "

-Xraided