PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

sean24
02-22-12, 5:46 pm
Friday is my first powerlifting meet of the season and I'm freakin pumped!!! Finally I'll see if the last 6 months of hard training will pay off. Everything feels like it's on track and I've really gained some strength in the past 3 weeks. Anyways any support will be appreciated and good luck to anybody else out there getting ready for whatever you are training for!

Thanks,

Sean.

deanna7272
02-22-12, 10:09 pm
Friday is my first powerlifting meet of the season and I'm freakin pumped!!! Finally I'll see if the last 6 months of hard training will pay off. Everything feels like it's on track and I've really gained some strength in the past 3 weeks. Anyways any support will be appreciated and good luck to anybody else out there getting ready for whatever you are training for!

Thanks,

Sean.

Good luck to you brother and make sure ya keep us posted!!!

Tiger
02-23-12, 4:06 am
I half expected this thread to be about The Rock, haha.

Good luck! You've put in the hard work leading up to this, so go out and enjoy it paying off!

Wrath91
02-23-12, 6:30 am
Good luck bro!

Aggression
02-23-12, 9:16 am

Thanks,

Sean.

Best of luck, Sean. What do you plan to hit? Openers?

Bruiser
02-23-12, 9:17 am

Thanks,

Sean.

Good luck bro. Keep us posted.

Best of luck, Sean. What do you plan to hit? Openers?

This is what I was wondering too...

sean24
02-23-12, 10:05 pm
Im in the 157 weight class. But here's my openers.

Squat- 315 just to make sure I get a weight down but I plan to bump up to 370 and then to probably 405.
Bench- 190 to get a weight but I've been fighting a shoulder injury and a torn pec tendon so the most I'll go to is 215
Dead Lift- 350 and then try to bump up to 450 or 475 depending on how the shoulder feels

Thanks for all the support brothas!!!

-Sean

N. Motta
02-23-12, 10:12 pm
Good luck man.

I'm also trying to enter my first meet. Having a real hard time finding anything out my way.

Cellardweller
02-24-12, 7:29 am
Good luck man.

I'm also trying to enter my first meet. Having a real hard time finding anything out my way.

Same here. All I can find is BP competitions.

Good luck Sean. Hope that shoulder holds out. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

deanna7272
02-26-12, 11:30 am
Well??? How did things go??

sean24
02-27-12, 6:31 pm
Sorry it took so long to get back. I had some account problems but now I'm back! My lifts went as followed and I finished 3rd.

Squat-350
Bench-205
Dead Lift-365

Kinda disappointed on the squat because I could've done way more. Our next meet is this next saturday. I'm gonna go for

Squat-at least 405 if not more
Bench-210
Dead Lift-405

Anyways I now know where I stand in our area and can now make adjustments. Just gotta nail it all in on Saturday.

Thanks for the support brothas!

-Sean

mritter3
02-27-12, 6:42 pm
Congrats man...something to build on...good luck with next one.

deanna7272
02-27-12, 11:46 pm
Nice job... It's nice having that true beginning so that you know what to strive for... Glad things went well...