PDA

View Full Version : My motivation.

FiremanDan
02-22-12, 6:38 pm
I sit here and think about Monday night. Watching my brother's high school game. He's a 6'6", 230 lb forward. I watch him from the stands in the first game of the state tournament. Throughout the game he brings and intensity and desire to win that is unmatched by any of his teammates. He didn't score a lot. He didn't need to. Although it would have been nice to for his team to see him posting up ready to make his move when the need arose. Even though his team lost and the season ended, I could not be more proud of my younger (definitely not little by any means) brother. He left everything he had on the floor. But he also put something in the stands. He gave me something. Nothing material. Something people pass on to others. Inspiration and motivation. He gave that to me (though he doesn't know that). Now I'm a pretty intrinsically motivated person, don't get me wrong. He inspired me and motivated me to leave everything I had at the gym. And I did. I was so worn out yesterday after lifting I could barely move my legs. I ended up setting a PR. 475 back squat, ass to the grass.

He is only part of my motivation. Part of the biggest motivation I have. My family. I so damn proud of you brother.

Machine
02-25-12, 1:02 pm
I sit here and think about Monday night. Watching my brother's high school game. He's a 6'6", 230 lb forward. I watch him from the stands in the first game of the state tournament. Throughout the game he brings and intensity and desire to win that is unmatched by any of his teammates. He didn't score a lot. He didn't need to. Although it would have been nice to for his team to see him posting up ready to make his move when the need arose. Even though his team lost and the season ended, I could not be more proud of my younger (definitely not little by any means) brother. He left everything he had on the floor. But he also put something in the stands. He gave me something. Nothing material. Something people pass on to others. Inspiration and motivation. He gave that to me (though he doesn't know that). Now I'm a pretty intrinsically motivated person, don't get me wrong. He inspired me and motivated me to leave everything I had at the gym. And I did. I was so worn out yesterday after lifting I could barely move my legs. I ended up setting a PR. 475 back squat, ass to the grass.

He is only part of my motivation. Part of the biggest motivation I have. My family. I so damn proud of you brother.

Heartfelt words; you are a good brother and I appreciated reading this passage greatly.

MACHINE

D-Kev
02-26-12, 3:55 am
Really liked this post!
I can relate, my bro played college hockey...
Great imagery and sentiment
- "A brothers love, is a brothers love" (it's from a movie I can't remember the title at the moment)

C.Coronato
02-28-12, 3:08 pm
That is awesome my man. Its great to hear you draw inspiration from people so close.