PDA

View Full Version : 500lb deadlift

CMChristich
03-01-12, 6:04 pm
Hey guys, just wanted to show you my deadlift, I'm not on here much, but thought I'd show it. Hope you all have a great week n stay Anabolic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOglMoPwSK8&feature=youtube_gdata

zubda345
03-02-12, 12:25 am
Hey guys, just wanted to show you my deadlift, I'm not on here much, but thought I'd show it. Hope you all have a great week n stay Anabolic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOglMoPwSK8&feature=youtube_gdata

Thats awesome man! I thought u were going to leave it after 6th rep... Way to go man!

Big Joe
03-02-12, 9:45 am
10 reps and you still carried that shit to the rack, lookin strong bro!

BigMonster
03-02-12, 2:02 pm
What an awesome display of power! You are an Animal!

N. Motta
03-02-12, 2:15 pm
Nice work. Any reason you don't start from the floor?

zubda345
03-02-12, 3:06 pm
Nice work. Any reason you don't start from the floor?

yeah, It clicked my mind too.

N. Motta
03-02-12, 3:13 pm
yeah, It clicked my mind too.

I've always thought that kind of takes the 'dead' out of the deadlift.

Big Joe
03-02-12, 3:17 pm
He still pulled 10 reps from the floor, who gives a flying fuck where he started from

N. Motta
03-02-12, 3:24 pm
He still pulled 10 reps from the floor, who gives a flying fuck where he started from

It was just a simple question. He is obviously a strong dude.

You can chill out now.

zubda345
03-02-12, 4:32 pm

It was just a simple question. He is obviously a strong dude.

You can chill out now.

LOL "Flying Fuck" is my new favorite word :p

CMChristich
03-02-12, 4:55 pm
Honestly, I'm a bodybuilder and I've never had the desire for a 1 rep max starting from the floor. I start high simply so I can add more weight easily the next set. On that day I warmed up with a set of 20 with 225. I proceeded to a set of 15 with 315, a set of 12 with 405 and then I finished with a set of 10 of 500. I will say Ive noticed that when I start high, the weight forces my body to have better form. Hope this answered your question. But thank you for the complements I really appreciate them as I am the only one like me in my small farm town. btw I'm getting ready my first bodybuilding competition in October this year so I hope I can keep most of my strength :)

N. Motta
03-02-12, 5:00 pm
Honestly, I'm a bodybuilder and I've never had the desire for a 1 rep max starting from the floor. I start high simply so I can add more weight easily the next set. On that day I warmed up with a set of 20 with 225. I proceeded to a set of 15 with 315, a set of 12 with 405 and then I finished with a set of 10 of 500. I will say Ive noticed that when I start high, the weight forces my body to have better form. Hope this answered your question. But thank you for the complements I really appreciate them as I am the only one like me in my small farm town. btw I'm getting ready my first bodybuilding competition in October this year so I hope I can keep most of my strength :)

Right on. I've also noticed I feel stronger if I walked it off the pins. Start up a journey, on your prep to your show.

CMChristich
03-02-12, 5:03 pm
I've thought about it, what do you include in it?

N. Motta
03-02-12, 5:15 pm
I've thought about it, what do you include in it?

Whatever you want really. Take a look at some members journeys. It's a real good idea, especially with a defined goal, like doing a show. Good way for other Forvm members to drop in, check out what your doing, give you motivation and bounce ideas off each other. There's a ton of knowledge here, use it to your advantage.

http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?15-Your-Journey

BigChrisF
03-03-12, 11:16 pm
Right on. I've also noticed I feel stronger if I walked it off the pins. Start up a journey, on your prep to your show.

it is because you get a stretch relex in your muscle when you lower the weight first.

pushin weight
03-09-12, 4:50 pm
it is because you get a stretch relex in your muscle when you lower the weight first.

Do you think this is a better way to pull for heavier sets Chris?

BigChrisF
03-09-12, 5:17 pm
Do you think this is a better way to pull for heavier sets Chris?
It's a good variation to work in on occasion. I know Ano Turtanien throws them into his training. The only concern I have about the exercise is a bounce out of the bottom can make it difficult to maintain a good position. This is true anytime a bounce is employed. It's something to remember when heavy rep set starts to wear on your focus. If you have any notion to compete, you are going to need to make sure you can get the bar off the floor in a hurry.

In summation, no its not a better way, but it's different and that is useful too.

Dosekel
03-09-12, 10:48 pm
Wow man strong deadlift, way to go!!!

Watching this makes me sad, damn snapped back......

Carlson1
03-10-12, 1:28 am
Good job man! You did a great job! I hope one day I can do that too.

JoshLandry
03-10-12, 8:50 pm
dude that was some sick work bro!!!!! awesome job congrats thats beast mode when most would have quit you kept going that whats gonna set you apart from the reg gym rats!!

TigerAce01
03-10-12, 8:56 pm
It's a good variation to work in on occasion. I know Ano Turtanien throws them into his training. The only concern I have about the exercise is a bounce out of the bottom can make it difficult to maintain a good position. This is true anytime a bounce is employed. It's something to remember when heavy rep set starts to wear on your focus. If you have any notion to compete, you are going to need to make sure you can get the bar off the floor in a hurry.

In summation, no its not a better way, but it's different and that is useful too.

I think this variation is better for overall back growth, but as for competition, I always suggest a dead stop for every rep.

So, basically...Bodybuilding=Start from rack, touch and go; Powerlifting=Dead stop every rep from floor.

But, I am still pretty weak, and many stronger than me use touch and go exclusively haha

-Ace

Sprint
03-17-12, 9:55 pm
As mentioned, good shit racking that again. That for me is the most impressive thing on this video, seeing as in my gym most folk do a set of 7 or 8 curls with 30lbs dumbells & then leave them in the middle of the floor.