PDA

View Full Version : Bulk/Cut.....so 10 years ago.

Carrnage
03-02-12, 9:22 pm
Zubda sent me this and asked me what I thought about it, ill post it here and wanna see your guy's thoughts on this. Link is below

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20902

My thoughts on it.......I LOVE IT!

Back To Basics
03-03-12, 6:33 am
This was also posted about a year ago and I thought it was great man.

DC always has some good stuff to post.

intoodeep25
03-03-12, 10:36 am
I agree, but to a point. I just recently switched to this approach, and I love it, but im also 260lbs with an established base and strength level. What about the guy who is 140 lbs and wants to gain a significant amount of size? Do you really think he needs to worry himself with carb cutoffs and cardio? I mean honestly, he needs to pound food and not worry about cutting carbs or "losing his abs". Its a great concept but I dont think its for everybody, atleast early in their training careers.

Carrnage
03-03-12, 4:11 pm
I agree, but to a point. I just recently switched to this approach, and I love it, but im also 260lbs with an established base and strength level. What about the guy who is 140 lbs and wants to gain a significant amount of size? Do you really think he needs to worry himself with carb cutoffs and cardio? I mean honestly, he needs to pound food and not worry about cutting carbs or "losing his abs". Its a great concept but I dont think its for everybody, atleast early in their training careers.

The 140 pound guy should still worry about minimal cardio/carb cutoffs to ensure he doesn't gain fat. The whole point to this is to gain muscle, not fat. Dunno why people think its "ok" to gain fat when building muscle aka bulking.

intoodeep25
03-03-12, 4:23 pm
The 140 pound guy should still worry about minimal cardio/carb cutoffs to ensure he doesn't gain fat. The whole point to this is to gain muscle, not fat. Dunno why people think its "ok" to gain fat when building muscle aka bulking.

because when your a twig and your end goal is to be truly huge, gaining a little fat shouldnt even be a big concern, your goal is to pack on as much muscle as you can. look ive seen your vids, your a big dude, very strong and very knowledgable and the concept/approach you are advocating is a good one, but i think some circumstances call for a different approach. thats just how i see it.

Carrnage
03-03-12, 10:59 pm
because when your a twig and your end goal is to be truly huge, gaining a little fat shouldnt even be a big concern, your goal is to pack on as much muscle as you can. look ive seen your vids, your a big dude, very strong and very knowledgable and the concept/approach you are advocating is a good one, but i think some circumstances call for a different approach. thats just how i see it.

I feel ya 100 percent. A twig shouldn't be worried about gaining fat when he's only 140 pounds, I feel for health/personal reasons gaining fat is just unnecessary. But if its 1-3 bf percent gained I suppose thats not too bad. Im all about health bro, lol.

Indomitable Will
03-04-12, 2:59 pm
I feel ya 100 percent. A twig shouldn't be worried about gaining fat when he's only 140 pounds, I feel for health/personal reasons gaining fat is just unnecessary. But if its 1-3 bf percent gained I suppose thats not too bad. Im all about health bro, lol.

I absolutely agree with this. I work with a guy that's 41 years old, 6'4'' and I think 165 lbs. A twig. He works out sometimes and talks about how he's been trying to put on weight lately eating ice cream and drinking a lot of chocolate milk, among other fatty, sugary foods.

I hate hearing people talk about being able to eat whatever they want and not get fat. People tell me I don't need to worry about it, 'cause I won't get fat. That's not the frickin' point, people. It's about health. I limit my fat and sugar intake (I limit sugar more, I think I do eat too much fat sometimes) because the shit aint healthy. No, I'm not worried about getting fat, but I do think about diabetes and heart disease and all the other things that can happen from having an unhealthy diet.

Oh well, people don't listen. If I tell the guy at work, "Ya' know all that sugar's not good for you," it doesn't matter.

NJC_Manhattan
03-04-12, 5:17 pm
DC is strong to quite strong. Very interesting take on training.

Carrnage
03-04-12, 6:53 pm
I absolutely agree with this. I work with a guy that's 41 years old, 6'4'' and I think 165 lbs. A twig. He works out sometimes and talks about how he's been trying to put on weight lately eating ice cream and drinking a lot of chocolate milk, among other fatty, sugary foods.

I hate hearing people talk about being able to eat whatever they want and not get fat. People tell me I don't need to worry about it, 'cause I won't get fat. That's not the frickin' point, people. It's about health. I limit my fat and sugar intake (I limit sugar more, I think I do eat too much fat sometimes) because the shit aint healthy. No, I'm not worried about getting fat, but I do think about diabetes and heart disease and all the other things that can happen from having an unhealthy diet.

Oh well, people don't listen. If I tell the guy at work, "Ya' know all that sugar's not good for you," it doesn't matter.

Love this post!

A unhealthy heart/body can lead to....

Heart Disease
Diabetes
Obesity
Insomnia
Sleep Apnea
Stroke
ERECTYLE DYSFUNCTION

Something to think about when trying to add muscle. Adding muscle isn't complicated folks, and if it is, its not genetics that limiting you, your knowledge just sucks! lol

When we say pound the food or "eat alot", we mean eat clean unprocessed foods, maybe every now and then go out with your friends and eat what ever you would like.

Not to mention when eating a bunch of crappy foods long term will detract from these anabolic substances-
-Insulin receptors
-Adrenal Glands
-Androgen receptors
-Overall hormonally you will be a chronically inflamed, fat storing, low testosterone son of a bitch!

Being Large and in Charge is only cool if you are/look healthy.