PDA

View Full Version : Mutant: Heart of Darkness

Mutant
03-04-12, 9:37 am
Well well well... Even after a long break away from this place you come back and things are still moving along. Good to see some things dont change.

Anyway, a little about myself. I used to be active on the FORVM much more than lately. I recently joined the Air Force and made it into the TACP
career field. Its awesome. I love the job and the military. The training was a long beatdown. I learned some things about myself along the way and
some things about pushing past limits. All great stuff. I'm at my unit now and ready to hit the iron hard again and get back to what I love, mostly...
See, my new job has some different demands and thus adaptatins must be made. My training changes up every month for one rather than staying on
eight to sixteen week cycles. The main change though is the style. It will involve odd object training, strongman, power-building etc... It will push me
and force me to adapt to new stresses. All this so that I can be ready for anything and not only able to survive, but thrive in hostile enviroments. This
strength will be payed for with sweat and blood and self-sacrifice. Nuthin new to us. I look forward to the battle...

Tomorrow it starts...

Mutant
03-06-12, 6:54 pm
Workout as follows:

Full Body-
Superset 1. Double Kettlebell Swings x 10,8,6,4,2 worked up to 45lb KB
Box Jumps waiste high

Superset 2. Weighted Pullups- 3x3-6 worked up to a 45lb plate
Weighted Ring Pushups- 3x12-15 25lb plate

Ab circuit 4 moves 15 reps each

It was great workout. It breaks away from the traditional Bodybuilding and powerlifting style I'm used to but hones in more on strongman type stuff. Thats my new interest. I know I have a long way to go in that regard. Every journey starts somewhwere right? Anyway, the workout smoked me and I felt like it was a great strength and power builder. I feel good about today.

Mutant
03-10-12, 8:20 am
Workout:

1. Superset-
KB see-saw Military press: 5x5 60lbs
Double KB row: 5x10 70lbs

2. Superset-
Single arm KB Floor Press: 3x6 70lbs
Recline Rows: 3xmax body wieght

3. Superset-
DB shrugs: 2x30 seconds 60lbs
Reverse Flyes: 2x50 Bands

This was a great workout that I loved doing, BUT when it was all said and done I felt like I should've pushed myself harder. Either more wieght or more reps, but definitely MORE. Most of these exercises were different for me. variations I've never tried or movements I've straight never done. It's good to break outta the norm a bit and push past my comfort zone. I'm really diggin the supersets and shit. I should've been doing those a long time ago. This post was late and I have another workout tonight. Can't wait to get it done come back on a nd post that shit too!

Mutant
03-10-12, 11:41 pm
Lower body...

1. Deadlift: Worked up to a heavy set of 5@315lbs and 3@330lbs
2. Walking Lunge: 2x100' 60lb DBs
3. Goodmorning: 3x33 increasing resistance with bands
4. Sled Drag: 6 min nonstop switching front and backwards every 100' 45lbs

Fucking killer. I could barely walk out of the damn gym. Then I had to sit in my car for awhile before I could go anywhere. Even after those weakass deads... Oh well, strength is built over time. Pretty happy with the workout though. nice to feel trashed. The sled drags are what really killed me. Battle begins again next week. The goal will be to beat these weights.

C.Coronato
03-12-12, 3:57 pm
Welcome back brother. Thank you for your service, thats great. What is your job exactly?

Mutant
03-14-12, 6:42 pm
Welcome back brother. Thank you for your service, thats great. What is your job exactly?

Hey man thanks! I really appreciate it. I am a TACP in the Air Force. I run around with the Army and call in air strikes for them.

Mutant
03-14-12, 6:47 pm
Back to the first workout...

Superset 1.
Double KB swing: x10,8,6,4,2 worked up to two 45lbers
Box Jump: x10,8,6,4,2 waiste high

Superset 2.
Weighted pullups: 3x6,5,4 25lb 35lb 45lb
Weighted ring pushups: 3x15 25,35,45lb

Ab circuit

Short but sweet again. Different kind of feel than typical bodybuilding but still an awesome workout. Always feel like I have
more to give on these. Only thing to do is push harder next time.

Mutant
03-16-12, 2:43 pm
Round two for upper body. Didn't go as well as I had hoped...

Superset 1.
KB see-saw Military press: 5x5 up to 50lbs
Double KB row: 5x10 70lbs

Superset 2.
Single-arm KB floor press: 3x10 up to 70lbs
Recline rows: 3xfailure bodyweight 20+

Superset 3.
DB shrugs: 2x30 sec 65lbs
Band pull-aparts: 2x50

My shoulder press movement went down ten pounds but my form was more strict so I don't know whether to call that a win
wash or loss. Overall I felt good about the workout. I felt jacked! Thats how I like it.