PDA

View Full Version : Mike Jenkins wins the Arnold strongman event

BigChrisF
03-04-12, 11:57 pm
Final placings put Mike Jenkins at the top of the podium. I haven't seen a lot of the events, but it looks like he anaged to come out on top of a very competitive line-up.

jenkins - 40
pondstone - 39
zavickas - 36.5
shaw - 36
burke - 27.5
koklaeyv - 26
shahaei - 22.5
hollands - 19
ortmayer - 15
bjornsson 13.5

Surprising results. Ortmayer seemed to be struggling. I wonder if his injury was still a major hindrance. Shaw seems to have injured his biceps and big z couldn't finish the frame carry.

Shukin
03-05-12, 9:03 am
this is the AWESOME thing about strongman, upsets are always possible. Jenkins nailed that last event, no questions. Big Brian Shaw further tearing his biceps to finish the event just goes to show how sick these guys are.

Great respect to everyone of these guys.

LegendKillerJosh
03-05-12, 3:32 pm
this is the AWESOME thing about strongman, upsets are always possible. Jenkins nailed that last event, no questions. Big Brian Shaw further tearing his biceps to finish the event just goes to show how sick these guys are.

Great respect to everyone of these guys.

Jenkins made the Big Z's overhead look weak!! Absolutely unbelievable, 2 reps in the austrian oak log and 7 reps with the 255lb dumbell. Jenkins is simply amazing, I was going to start a thread about him being the new face of strongman already. He exploded onto the scene winning the 2010 amateur arnold strongman, finished between shaw and savickas in the 2011 arnold, won the first 2 events of the 2011 WSM before getting injured and now winning in devastating fashion this years arnold strongman. Jenkins and Shaw are going to keep the gold metrx trophy here in america for a while!! Holy cow has Jenkins arrived.

Shukin
03-05-12, 4:06 pm
Jenkins and Shaw are going to keep the gold metrx trophy here in america for a while!! Holy cow has Jenkins arrived.

I hope you are right.

Shukin
03-05-12, 10:31 pm
He interviews well too,
http://www.rxmuscle.com/strength-videos/5154-mike-jenkins-after-being-crowned-5th-arnold-pro-strongman-champion-2012.html