PDA

View Full Version : Ed Coan at the National ABC Event?

Universal Rep
03-05-12, 1:12 pm
Givin' out pointers. True? That's wut I heard..

Madcat
03-05-12, 1:29 pm
Fact, who else can say that happened on their watch?

Enforcer
03-05-12, 1:32 pm

I did see him in attendance, a legend was in the building

D-NUTZ
03-05-12, 1:34 pm
I am so mad at myself for missing this. Totally bad-ass that he was there.

smoothballer
03-05-12, 1:37 pm
At one point it was Ed Coan, Skiba, Richard Hawthorne, Stan Efferding, Higa, and Seath together

freighttraindane
03-05-12, 1:54 pm

This was unbelievable! During my squat session with Higa and Seath, when i was getting to my last set of 585, I had Higa, Seath, Skiba, spotting me and The man Ed Coan, Richard Hawthorne, Sam Byrd, Justin Randal and Stan Efferding watching/cheering me on. All this along with the other Animal brothers that were trainings/learning with me such as Trebin, Funky, twoheadedboy, and many more. Talk about an electric atmosphere.

Kowboy
03-05-12, 2:22 pm
Yeah, we were getting tips from all of those dudes on Deads, it was fucking crazy insane shit.

naturalguy
03-05-12, 2:54 pm
At one point it was Ed Coan, Skiba, Richard Hawthorne, Stan Efferding, Higa, and Seath together

That is awesome

Universal Rep
03-05-12, 3:34 pm
Must have been insane.

Seath308
03-05-12, 6:16 pm
This was unbelievable! During my squat session with Higa and Seath, when i was getting to my last set of 585, I had Higa, Seath, Skiba, spotting me and The man Ed Coan, Richard Hawthorne, Sam Byrd, Justin Randal and Stan Efferding watching/cheering me on. All this along with the other Animal brothers that were trainings/learning with me such as Trebin, Funky, twoheadedboy, and many more. Talk about an electric atmosphere.

I have to admit you Impressed the shit out of me bro!!! The way you handled that 585!! You stayed tight and didn't let the heavy weight break down your form! Keep it up bro it was a honor to help you on the squat because I know you have the potential to be 1 of the best squatters in the game someday! 700 is just around the corner for you just stay focused!!!

RedlegDbell
03-05-12, 11:01 pm
I have to admit you Impressed the shit out of me bro!!! The way you handled that 585!! You stayed tight and didn't let the heavy weight break down your form! Keep it up bro it was a honor to help you on the squat because I know you have the potential to be 1 of the best squatters in the game someday! 700 is just around the corner for you just stay focused!!!

That is some sick praise from one of the best squatters around. That can't suck at all Dane. Keep it up man and hope to see you at I.A. soon.

freighttraindane
03-06-12, 8:57 am

That is some sick praise from one of the best squatters around. That can't suck at all Dane. Keep it up man and hope to see you at I.A. soon.

Wow that is an amazing compliment Seath, I can't wait to until the next squat day to get back in there and work harder. 700 is my next goal for sure. Thanks again!!!

HIGA MONSTER
03-06-12, 11:23 am
My favorite highlight of the weekend. Hands down.

Stan Efferding text me the Wed prior to see if he and Eddy could come to our ABC.
You know what my answer was? "What size shirts do you need brotha?"

I know for a fact that everyone that was in our general area will never forget the Mod Squad of powerlifters that was giving advice to all the boys that were squatting or deadlifting. Including me.

That was some Epic shit that happened at the ABC. IF YOU DONT GET CHILLS THINKING ABOUT IT, YOU AINT GOT A PULSE.

Justin Randal
03-06-12, 11:28 am
It was an honor to meet Ed "AND" have him break down a few form issues I have as well! Appearantly Animal not only attracts the best but the BEST OF ALL TIME!!! This was def the highlight of my weekend!! Bravo Animal!!

Shukin
03-06-12, 11:31 am
Wow.

Similar reaction.

Wow that is an amazing compliment Seath, I can't wait to until the next squat day to get back in there and work harder. 700 is my next goal for sure. Thanks again!!!

It sure is an amazing complement. You got some serious people in your corner Dan.

Kowboy
03-06-12, 1:55 pm
Everyone there impressed the shit out of me lifting. You should see my shins from deads lol beat to shit. I think it was just he environment, I pulled 315 like it was 135. I apparently drug the bar up my entire leg lol. Now my goal is to rep 500 like the big boys.

wedge
03-06-12, 8:45 pm

Pretty much every above gave me pointers at one point or another that night. I could not help but hit a new PR. I was not going to let them down or waste their time.
Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I truly appreciated it.

J-Dawg
03-06-12, 9:31 pm

Man, that's pretty sick!

The National ABC had an amazing turnout all around.

HIGA MONSTER
03-06-12, 10:52 pm
Pretty much every above gave me pointers at one point or another that night. I could not help but hit a new PR. I was not going to let them down or waste their time.
Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I truly appreciated it.
Bro, you fuckin did awesome.

Keep me posted on your progress!
HIGA MONSTER

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
03-07-12, 12:23 am
I know I may be a bodybuilder, but my roots are in powerlifting. I have so much respect and admiration for Ed Coan. It was a very surreal and FUCKING AWESOME experience to personally hook Mr. Coan up with some Animal swag. It's official THE Ed Coan is fully stocked on RAGE. It would be awesome if we heard back from him!!!!

PS. When he shook my hand, he almost fucking broke it. And when he turned back around, I could see every rippling fucking muscle in his back through his shirt. Dudes a fucking freak.

Phil800101
03-07-12, 12:26 am
So fucking cool. I didn't train with that group, but I got to shoot the shit with Ed for a bit before things kicked off. Quads is only about 45 minutes from me, and it turns out he knows a lot of people from the Joliet area.

C.Coronato
03-09-12, 3:08 pm
Truth. The dude is a legend, and for him to be there, was insane. Possible Universal Mentor??