PDA

View Full Version : So tomorrow is leg day.....

CMChristich
03-06-12, 5:22 pm
Tomorrow I was considering trying something a little bit different than my normal routine....hooking straps up to my body and pulling a jeep grand cherokee up a hill multiple times of course....ha or if I can. I was told it is an amazing leg workout. Have any of you ever tried this? Any recommendations?

mcbeast
03-06-12, 6:17 pm
This will destroy your legs, and your lungs. Enjoy.

BigChrisF
03-06-12, 9:32 pm
I have done similar in the past with bigger and smaller vehicles. If you don't have a harness' putting the strap around your waist will put more emphasis on your legs. This will make getting the vehicle moving tougher and you will have more of a tendency to wander from side to side, especially when you get tired. Alternately, I have looped the chain around my shoulders and held it with my hands in front as if I was going to press the chain forward. This allows you to really lean into it and get the vehicle moving easier. If you want to get some grip work in, I have also just held the looped chain behind my back and pulled with just my hands on the chain.

As for advice, approach it like a maximum deadlift. Commit to the pull. Once you start pulling it may not start moving right away, but keep pulling until it you feel it rolling. Once you get it rolling, start moving your feet forward with small steps and don't let it stop until you are done. Momentum loss is bad enough on flat ground, but an incline will kill it fast and then it starts to roll backwards.

If you can, have a partner with you to be in the vehicle because chasing the car after an exhausting pull really sucks.

And for the love of god, take the parking break off before you pull. Nothing makes you feel more like a puss than not being able to budge a Dodge Neon.

CMChristich
03-07-12, 3:45 pm
Thanks for the tips they came in handy, my body is shot!

C.Coronato
03-09-12, 3:36 pm
Now that is pretty cool. I may have to look into doing something like that haha. Any vids from the process?

CMChristich
03-12-12, 3:19 pm
I will deff post a video when I get better at it, very difficult. I love it and my legs saw instant results from that training session. I made it half way up the hill lol.... when you loose momentum, youre fucked!

BrandonMBW
03-13-12, 1:48 am
This sounds like the ultimate strong man kind of training. Glad you have the ability to go out and pull vehicles around. I'm sure it'd come useful in the winter ;). I can't even have the option to use chains (even at home gym) let alone drag cars around. I'm betting you can get some sort of harness if you plan on doing that more often.

JoshLandry
03-13-12, 7:41 am
Now that deff sounds pretty awesome!! deff like trying new things out of my normal routine. Ypu deff honna be hitting a lot of muscles that probably don't get hit doing something like this. I really want to try the prowler myself. I like challenges and can dig deeper knowing I have to get an object from point a to b as fast as possible I live for that shit.

CMChristich
03-14-12, 9:15 am
Well this morning I had no intention of pulling my jeep, but after my leg workout, I had the drive to do it. So I made a little video just so you all can get an idea of how I have been ending my leg workouts. Also after this, if you can get a 250lb tire and attach straps to it, pull that up hill. The friction heats the tire up and really makes it a struggle :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT0cZM-hAgU

JoshLandry
03-14-12, 9:20 am
Sick ass vid brotha!! that must of been a hell of an workout !! props to you man keep killing it bro!!

CMChristich
03-14-12, 9:25 am
lol yea my legs are shot. Got a core class to teach at 1230 today.....that should be fun... :/

JoshLandry
03-14-12, 9:29 am
lol yea my legs are shot. Got a core class to teach at 1230 today.....that should be fun... :/

WOOF that should be interesting Good luck buddy :)