PDA

View Full Version : State Championship

tomysaw
03-07-12, 9:58 pm
On the upcoming Saturday, March 10. I,(Tom Saul) as well as two of my very close friends (Austin Rowe, Drew Wells) will be competing in the Ohio High School State Championship powerlifting meet. We are three students from Ironton High School (1 senior and 2 juniors). I competed last year at this level and came in 6th place, but that was only motivation to be better. We have only competed in two meets this year. All of us coming out on top. The sport is not supported at our school. It hasnt been for a couple of decades. We are coming into this meet with only our knowledge of the sport. We have trained for a little more than two years, with no coach, just simply each other. We have had trouble finding a gym to support us. We have moved gyms looking for somewhere that we can truly lift heavy, and we finally found it. As we had found it, our lifts soured. Wish us luck please.

Records will be broken, titles will be won. Personally I am going for a 1650 total at 209.5 bw, with a 705 squat, 610 deadlift, 335 bench press. This is my senoir year, and I turn 19 on the 8th of this month. I would like to thank all of you for the advice I have recieved over my time here at the forvm. The meet is held at Kenton High School in Kenton, Ohio. About a 4 hour drive for us. It starts at 10 am. If you can make it, come on over, the support will be motivation enough. Well be the ones repping the Animal gear. Videos and numbers will be posted from this meet along with our last meets.

Thanks again for the support, Everyone.

zubda345
03-07-12, 11:00 pm
On the upcoming Saturday, March 10. I,(Tom Saul) as well as two of my very close friends (Austin Rowe, Drew Wells) will be competing in the Ohio High School State Championship powerlifting meet. We are three students from Ironton High School (1 senior and 2 juniors). I competed last year at this level and came in 6th place, but that was only motivation to be better. We have only competed in two meets this year. All of us coming out on top. The sport is not supported at our school. It hasnt been for a couple of decades. We are coming into this meet with only our knowledge of the sport. We have trained for a little more than two years, with no coach, just simply each other. We have had trouble finding a gym to support us. We have moved gyms looking for somewhere that we can truly lift heavy, and we finally found it. As we had found it, our lifts soured. Wish us luck please.

Records will be broken, titles will be won. Personally I am going for a 1650 total at 209.5 bw, with a 705 squat, 610 deadlift, 335 bench press. This is my senoir year, and I turn 19 on the 8th of this month. I would like to thank all of you for the advice I have recieved over my time here at the forvm. The meet is held at Kenton High School in Kenton, Ohio. About a 4 hour drive for us. It starts at 10 am. If you can make it, come on over, the support will be motivation enough. Well be the ones repping the Animal gear. Videos and numbers will be posted from this meet along with our last meets.

Thanks again for the support, Everyone.

Really Glad to hear the story man! hope u atchive ur goals and get what's worth thr hardwork uve put in...

I have something similar (for my fight training) accept I haven't found any gym which I CAN afford or anything like that....

Good luck bro. I can't get there but I would surely like to see the posts regarding results...

C.Coronato
03-09-12, 4:05 pm
That is insane my man. Great story, where in OH are you? We have a ton of guys out there, who i know would love to take some young bucks under their wing. Please shoot me a PM and we will get you hooked up with some good people.

tomysaw
03-11-12, 2:16 pm
The results are in. Due to a a bad judge call, and an incident with not enough weight being put on one side for my second lift,I only squated my opener, I opened with 600. This was still the top squat, the next best squat was 535. I tied for 1st place on bench press at 325, i passed for my 3rd lift and had to go for 340, I missed that mark. At this point, with my opening deadlift I will have the meet won. I opened with 545. My 2nd lift was 575, I had a 1500 pound total at this point, my total beat the next highest in my weight class by 265 pounds. I went for the state record on my 3rd attempt. I went for 610, i pulled in to my knees, however my hips rised about an inch to fast. i wasnt able to get the lockout. My results are not anywhere near what i know i could have done. i am dissapointed in my total, but i still got first place and the second highest total in the state. I have videos that will be up soon, also my training videos where i show what i can actually do.

My two other friends both did good as well, Austin recieved 1st place in the 175 weight class, Drew recieved 3rd in the 165 weight class.

Dosekel
03-11-12, 7:50 pm
Congrats to you and your friends, can't wait to see your vids.