PDA

View Full Version : Bob Chick Sellout

Cranky
03-08-12, 7:42 am
Alot of us on the FORVM have seen the Arnold broadcast on bodybuilding.com or watched the replays and interviews over @ MD, there is some great footage from another awesome Arnold Classic. One thing about it all really aggrivated the shit out of me... Bob Chicherillo on commentary. Bob was saying the whole show how great Branch looked and gushing how he was going to win.
Lets turn the clock back alittle shall we.
For the last few years, Bob has dumped all over Branch's physique on the telecasts @ bb.com, how unappealing his muscularity is , and how he doesnt have what it takes to win the big shows. Now all of a sudden, Bobby signs over @ MD (home of Branch Warren), and now hes the best thing since sliced bread.
Any thoughts about this guy? What great things has he done? How did he pick up the gigs hes gotten that now we have to listen to his bullshit takes?
Maybee Im being hard on the guy, but he seems fake to me.

zubda345
03-08-12, 8:24 am
Maybe he's bribed??

Aggression
03-08-12, 8:46 am
Alot of us on the FORVM have seen the Arnold broadcast on bodybuilding.com or watched the replays and interviews over @ MD, there is some great footage from another awesome Arnold Classic. One thing about it all really aggrivated the shit out of me... Bob Chicherillo on commentary. Bob was saying the whole show how great Branch looked and gushing how he was going to win.
Lets turn the clock back alittle shall we.
For the last few years, Bob has dumped all over Branch's physique on the telecasts @ bb.com, how unappealing his muscularity is , and how he doesnt have what it takes to win the big shows. Now all of a sudden, Bobby signs over @ MD (home of Branch Warren), and now hes the best thing since sliced bread.
Any thoughts about this guy? What great things has he done? How did he pick up the gigs hes gotten that now we have to listen to his bullshit takes?
Maybee Im being hard on the guy, but he seems fake to me.

This comes as a surprise to you, bro? It's the way the world works, my man. You think a high ranked employee of Apple will publicly deface the iPhone? Nope. Same thing here. They're co-workers. They'll support each other.

Madcat
03-08-12, 9:59 am
This comes as a surprise to you, bro? It's the way the world works, my man. You think a high ranked employee of Apple will publicly deface the iPhone? Nope. Same thing here. They're co-workers. They'll support each other.

Yep, gotta love Corporate America right?

TigerAce01
03-08-12, 10:19 am
This is why I would rather collect unemployment and use it to start my own business. Fuck corporations. I speak my mind.

...and yes, sellout, but aren't most of them? Bodybuilding is a lot of politics. Hat's off to the guys that don't get caught in the muck.

-Ace

Cranky
03-08-12, 10:30 am

Comes as no surprise to me dude, I understand how the world works having a degree in street smarts after all. Been on both sides of the track and know If you keep your nose in a book, you lose touch with reality and If you keep your ass on the streets, you lose touch with legality. So I know its buisness. I felt the need to call this phony out, not going all Catcher in the Rye on it, for such a sudden flip-flop. Didnt know I was the only one who saw this and felt it could have some light shed on it.

Aggression
03-08-12, 10:38 am
That's why I like dudes like Lee Priest and Gregg Valentino. While they may get publicly slammed by their words, actions, I like it. They speak their mind and aren't afraid to offend anyone/anything. Sometimes the truth hurts. And these guys just go 'head and speak it.

Cranky
03-08-12, 10:44 am
That's why I like dudes like Lee Priest and Gregg Valentino. While they may get publicly slammed by their words, actions, I like it. They speak their mind and aren't afraid to offend anyone/anything. Sometimes the truth hurts. And these guys just go 'head and speak it.

Valentino is one crazy sonofabitch! I get ADD just from reading his article.

N. Motta
03-08-12, 10:59 am

Wus the matter with a pin head like Greg? Ya fuckin momo! haha

Love me some Ramblin Freak

Aggression
03-08-12, 11:14 am

Truth. Sometimes I have to reread certain parts to make sure I caught everything. He's all over the fuckin' place, haha.

Wus the matter with a pin head like Greg? Ya fuckin momo! haha

Love me some Ramblin Freak

hell yeah. me too. pinhead and momo. Two great words that I will start using, especially momo.

N. Motta
03-08-12, 11:27 am
hell yeah. me too. pinhead and momo. Two great words that I will start using, especially momo.

I catch myself pretty much sounding just like Greg, when I'm behind the wheel.

zubda345
03-08-12, 1:03 pm
what's the whole thing behind the words "Pinhead" n "Momo"??

Aggression
03-08-12, 1:04 pm
what's the whole thing behind the words "Pinhead" n "Momo"??

Just some slang that Gregg Valentino uses, that's all.

Mr. Dead
03-08-12, 1:39 pm
Bob's one of those guys that's actually mastered the self-marketing thing... He's always been known to use this kind of behavior regardless of which Company he's with...

TigerAce01
03-08-12, 1:44 pm
I remember when Lipo-6 (the first liquid capsule fat burner) won the best energy category, and Bob was of course presenting the award.

I believe his words were: "Now, I've tried your product, and it tastes delicious. Most company's energy products taste awful, how did you get around it?"

...yeah, BULLSHIT.

-Ace