PDA

View Full Version : Cardio question

zubda345
03-09-12, 7:48 am
Which of the cardio exercises you like and think is more effective and why?

1) Running/Jogging
2) Cycling

I personally like both but a Cycle ride would be fun if I have a friend or even a girl with me on a ride.
But also I think that Running/Jogging is more effective because it works on the whole body and cycle works more on the lower body part.... Suggestion and personal views plz.

Aggression
03-09-12, 8:37 am
Depends on what the cardio is for.

- Bodybuilders typically do low intensity cardio for long durations; a fast walk on a treadmill for 45-60min.
- Powerlifters use things like the prowler, drag a sled, or do hill sprints, which is more high intensity; quick, fast movements for short periods of time (sprint hard for 20-30s, rest 1min)
- Overall conditioning cardio can be anything at all; running, biking, a pick-up basketball game, swimming, etc.

I tend to do the 2 latter ones, mixing it up and keeping it interesting.

zubda345
03-09-12, 1:46 pm
Depends on what the cardio is for.

- Bodybuilders typically do low intensity cardio for long durations; a fast walk on a treadmill for 45-60min.
- Powerlifters use things like the prowler, drag a sled, or do hill sprints, which is more high intensity; quick, fast movements for short periods of time (sprint hard for 20-30s, rest 1min)
- Overall conditioning cardio can be anything at all; running, biking, a pick-up basketball game, swimming, etc.

I tend to do the 2 latter ones, mixing it up and keeping it interesting.

So which one should a bodybuilder should tend towards for overall fatloss and shapely body? 1st and 3rd one right?