PDA

View Full Version : No Wraps, No Belt, All Glory

Pages : [1] 2 3

TigerAce01
03-09-12, 9:22 pm
This will be my journey leading to the R.A.W United UPF Challenge, July 21st. I will be competing in the Ironman/No Belt drug tested category in the 198lbs class.

I am making a tentative goal of 1200 total 100% RAW.

I will be cycling between 5/3/1 and 3/5/1, simply in order to have intensification periods. I will deload once every 6 weeks, and the length of the deload will depend on how busted up I am.

Let's go!

-Ace

JustJ
03-09-12, 9:49 pm
This will be my journey leading to the R.A.W United UPF Challenge, July 21st. I will be competing in the Ironman/No Belt drug tested category in the 198lbs class.

I am making a tentative goal of 1200 total 100% RAW.

I will be cycling between 5/3/1 and 3/5/1, simply in order to have intensification periods. I will deload once every 6 weeks, and the length of the deload will depend on how busted up I am.

Let's go!

-Ace

goodluck. no belt is pretty legit.

mcbeast
03-09-12, 11:53 pm
No belt is a big deal brotha. Be sure to destroy that core often!

TigerAce01
03-10-12, 12:22 am
No belt is a big deal brotha. Be sure to destroy that core often!

Always brother...my favorite lately is weighted side bends.

-Ace

Ed Eliason
03-10-12, 12:23 am
I'm looking forward to this.

TigerAce01
03-10-12, 12:38 am
Current Split

Mon - DE Bench, 75-85% OHP for reps
Tues - 5/3/1 Squat, DE Pulls
Wed - GPP
Thurs - 5/3/1 Bench
Fri - 5/3/1 Deads, DE Box Squat
Sat - GPP/Conditioning/Mobility

This split has allowed me to put 30+lbs and added reps across all lifts in only 3 months. Highly suggest it.

-Ace

mcbeast
03-10-12, 11:46 am
Loooks good. Would they allow rehbands at this meet?

TigerAce01
03-10-12, 12:03 pm
Loooks good. Would they allow rehbands at this meet?

There are three divisions:

RAW - Standard RAW division; knee sleeves, wrist wraps, belt
Ironman/Belt - Only belt allowed, no sleeves, no wrist wraps
Ironman/No Belt - 100% RAW, no belt

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-10-12, 12:08 pm
Ironman/No Belt - 100% RAW, no belt

-Ace

Good test of raw strength for sure!

TigerAce01
03-10-12, 12:20 pm
You would know Bryan! Fuck, that no belt deadlift of yours is a far off dream for me right now...hope I can reach that level soon!!

My goals for the meet are tentative at this point, and I'm aiming very high, I never set myself up for mediocrity:

Squat: 400
Bench: 315 (Just because I want to bench 3 pies a side finally haha)
Dead: 450

The squat will be the most difficult, but I already know I'm going to take a light opener just to get things going. I'll go from there.

-Ace

Appollonian
03-10-12, 12:48 pm
Hope you don't mind if I'm subbed for the ride. Split looks brutal and has yielded awesome results so far.

JustJ
03-10-12, 5:59 pm
Current Split

Mon - DE Bench, 75-85% OHP for reps
Tues - 5/3/1 Squat, DE Pulls
Wed - GPP
Thurs - 5/3/1 Bench
Fri - 5/3/1 Deads, DE Box Squat
Sat - GPP/Conditioning/Mobility

This split has allowed me to put 30+lbs and added reps across all lifts in only 3 months. Highly suggest it.

-Ace

30 lbs on each lift or 30 lbs on your total?

Looks like a good split. Kinda thought about doing something similar to this. We will see.

BryanSmash!
03-10-12, 6:43 pm
I'm going to take a light opener just to get things going. I'll go from there.

-Ace

Good plan, having a light opener (usually a weight you can triple) will ensure you total.

TigerAce01
03-10-12, 8:15 pm
Hope you don't mind if I'm subbed for the ride. Split looks brutal and has yielded awesome results so far.

Not at all, hopefully we can all chime in on progress and see if we can't learn a few things on the way!

30 lbs on each lift or 30 lbs on your total?

Looks like a good split. Kinda thought about doing something similar to this. We will see.

30lbs on each lift, plus added reps. This is not only due to the current training, mostly it's rebound due to a 1 1/2 year hiatus from training. Life got in the way. I'd definitely suggest the routine, just keep your accessory work limited, and only use it to work on weaknesses.

Good plan, having a light opener (usually a weight you can triple) will ensure you total.

Planning on hitting 85% of my final goal lift for my opener. I know a lot of lifters don't like having all attempts planned out, but I'm going to. The only exception is the final lift, which I might increase depending on how the other two go.

-Ace

Solid Dreams
03-10-12, 9:04 pm
Gonna hop in on this, but I fully expect 1600+, not just 1200!

TigerAce01
03-11-12, 11:41 am
Gonna hop in on this, but I fully expect 1600+, not just 1200!

Haha maybe in a couple of years and weight classes from now! My brother is a better lifter than me and he's still going for that goal. But thank you for the support brother, means a lot.

GPP-

95# Barbell complex x 3
Hang snatch 5 reps
Row 5 reps
Clean 5 reps
Clean pull 5 reps

120# farmers @100yds

6 log flips and pulls

Lots of stretching, light band work, foam rolling.

-Ace

mritter3
03-11-12, 11:59 am
plan looks great ace....looking forward to your progression....subbed!

TigerAce01
03-11-12, 12:35 pm
Thanks a lot brother! The plan comes from years of flawed routines, tweaking, and using what has worked. Heavy rep work with the dynamic effort is just so perfect. Speed work has especially helped my squat, it has taught me to use perfect form while remaining completely tight and explode.

I also got 531 for powerlifting yesterday, so my meet prep is all set. All I have to do is work hard and stay healthy.

This meet means a lot more to me than just a total. I lost my job about 8 months ago due to downsizing, and it crushed me. I fell into a depression and was a pathetic example of a father and husband. I set out a goal to do something I loved, and set that goal so high it would be almost impossible to achieve...then achieve it for my family. I want to finish this meet, look into my wife's eyes and say it was for her and my babies.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-11-12, 12:48 pm
Nice work, how are those farmers treating you?

Bruiser
03-11-12, 1:07 pm
Good luck man. Can't wait to see how ya do. I like the 100% RAW too. That's why I train that way, well that and it's cheaper! Lol

TigerAce01
03-11-12, 1:19 pm
Nice work, how are those farmers treating you?

I fucking hate them, but they are extremely effective. I'm already leaning out quite a bit.

And Bruiser, thank you man...as long as your back stays healthy, I'm sure you'll surpass me.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-12-12, 4:50 pm
Great session tonight.

DE Bench, OHP, and Accs

DE Bench - 8x3@165 straight weight
OHP - worked up to 165x8

DB Snatch - (each arm) 50x10, 75x8, 100x3
Snatch Pull - 15 singles @ 135lbs (exploded into the pull and dropped after the bar hit my chest)
Clean Pull into Shrug - 1 set x 25 reps @ 225lbs

Band Pull Apart Superset - Minix10, Monsterx10, Mini+Monsterx10

Basically realized my traps and upper back need work...

Followed it up with Gatorade and Nitro.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-12-12, 5:46 pm
Gotta love those DB snatches, nice work!

TigerAce01
03-12-12, 5:49 pm
Seems my db snatch is stronger than my bb snatch...

That's what she said.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-12-12, 5:55 pm
Seems my db snatch is stronger than my bb snatch...

That's what she said.

-Ace

Oh snap!
lol

TigerAce01
03-12-12, 8:12 pm
Also, found the newest university studied method of raising testosterone...

Spartacus: Vengeance, watched 3 hours post workout.

-Ace

mritter3
03-12-12, 8:15 pm
Solid work ace...nice snatch work...lol

BryanSmash!
03-12-12, 9:19 pm
Also, found the newest university studied method of raising testosterone...

Spartacus: Vengeance, watched 3 hours post workout.

-Ace

That show is the shit, I just bought the first season actually lol.

TigerAce01
03-12-12, 11:43 pm
Solid work ace...nice snatch work...lol

Worked the snatch hard today. Been a while, but I got everything loose again hahaha

That show is the shit, I just bought the first season actually lol.

It is my favorite show ever. I was never big on tv, but I watch religiously.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-13-12, 1:24 pm
So, I'm right around 18 weeks out, and I feel that I know where my bench and pull stand, but I'm iffy on my squat. Just so I can have a great 16 week cycle, I'm going to test my 1rm today. I won't go all out, but will work up to a heavy single that will tell me where I am. If that means I feel it and leave 20lbs on the bar, so be it.

Off to carb up and get my meth ready haha

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-13-12, 4:06 pm
531 Squats and Speed Pulls

Squats - worked up to 320x1 (no belt/no wraps PR)
Speed Pulls - 8x1@205 (3 positions)

Felt great, left 5-10lbs on the bar. No spotter, so that's self explanatory lol

Followed it up with Gatorade, Nitro, and Storm.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-13-12, 4:09 pm
Nice squattin, wheres the power rack lol?

TigerAce01
03-13-12, 4:24 pm
I'm poor, only have a half rack, and lucky to have that alone lol

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-14-12, 12:41 pm
Sore today, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Nitro is definitely an amino supplement in it's own class, love it.

Also, my weight is holding steady at a moderately lean 215lbs, using new techniques to get leaner while maintaining bodyweight, including backloading, and intermittent fasting. I'd like to get into single digit bodyfat, then cut a few pounds of water for weigh in, then bloat up to 220. I had good success a while ago with using bloat to tighten me up, especially nice for bench, my shoulders felt so secure and lubricated.

-Ace

Bruiser
03-14-12, 12:45 pm
Sore today, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Nitro is definitely an amino supplement in it's own class, love it.

Also, my weight is holding steady at a moderately lean 215lbs, using new techniques to get leaner while maintaining bodyweight, including backloading, and intermittent fasting. I'd like to get into single digit bodyfat, then cut a few pounds of water for weigh in, then bloat up to 220. I had good success a while ago with using bloat to tighten me up, especially nice for bench, my shoulders felt so secure and lubricated.

-Ace

What weight class are you competing in again?

TigerAce01
03-14-12, 12:50 pm
198, I'll probably stay where I am until 2 weeks out, diet to 205,then cut the last few pounds. I actually used to fight at 185, so this is nothing.

-Ace

Bruiser
03-14-12, 12:53 pm
198, I'll probably stay where I am until 2 weeks out, diet to 205,then cut the last few pounds. I actually used to fight at 185, so this is nothing.

-Ace

Gatorade and cookies man! Bloat ya right up to 220+ after weigh in.

TigerAce01
03-14-12, 1:04 pm
My plan was actually Gatorade and a box of Fruity Pebbles with skim milk and salt. Been using that after fasting and it digests so well, and I get a huuuuuge energy rush.

-Ace

JustJ
03-14-12, 1:34 pm
Strong OH pressing. And at 16 weeks out you've got plenty of time to add more strength.

TigerAce01
03-14-12, 8:39 pm
Thanks brother, OHP day is mainly just sticking around 85% for moderate reps...I'd really like to push it, but to me, it's just an assistance exercise. I might push it to 95% if my shoulder is feeling up to it as some point, but I finally got it feeling good again haha

And yes, 16 weeks is a longer length strength phase, so I know I can push it and end on a great note with all time PRs. I'm not going to let myself achieve anything less than stellar results, because after this short time, I've already made huge strides. I can't let myself waste this drive I have right now...never know when you'll never be able to do it again.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-14-12, 10:45 pm
GPP:

Barbell complex as listed before
Log Flips
Farmers Walks

Just wanted to give my secret pre bed meal...something I've been doing for about 6 months.

ZMA

-30 mins later-

2 PB and honey sandwiches
32oz whole milk

I tried going without the night before my shitty workout a couple of weeks ago, and needless to say, I had a shitty workout.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-15-12, 5:55 pm
Bench Night

Flat Bench - worked up to 240x4
JM Press - 185x5, 135x12, -Drop Set- 200x2, 185x3, 155x6, 135x5
Tate Press - 3x10-12

Followed it up with Nitro and Gatorade. Was a little off today, probably because of working so hard on my squat a couple of days ago. But I hit my numbers, can't complain.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-15-12, 6:24 pm
Nothing wrong with hitting the numbers!

TigerAce01
03-15-12, 8:50 pm
Definitely not brother!

Also, won a jug of the new Shock Therapy. Pretty pumped...especially since I am broke as a joke.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-16-12, 8:07 pm
Deads and Accs

531 Pulls - worked up to 385x4 touch and go, then 405x3 dead stop

Sumo Stance GMs - 3x5
-ss-
Leg Curls - 3x10

Was happy with the Deads, but I almost got 4,but the bar got in front of me on the final rep, went on my toes, and it was toast. Knee also swelled up pretty bad, don't understand why on pulls. I definitely need to work on starting speed and positioning. The bar is going forward every rep, not staying close enough to my shins. I ditched the DE squats because of the knee. No matter, i like to feel them in my hams, so the GMs worked well.

Can't wait for my Shock Therapy, the more I read, the more I like.

-Ace

mritter3
03-16-12, 8:31 pm
Nice pullin ace..I also won the shock..can't wait for it

TigerAce01
03-17-12, 12:42 pm
Hopefully they already sent ours out, I'm beyond thankful. I have an EXTREMELY strict budget, or simply a lack of income, so getting anything that can help with my goals without putting strain on my family is something I can almost not show enough gratitude for. Even my brother has helped as much as he can...he had a couple of cans of Nitro, but didn't realize how large the capsules were, so he ended up just leaving them on his shelf for the better part of 5 years. He realized I was almost out of aminos, so he just gives me two full cans. Once you get deep down in the depths of poverty, you appreciate every tiny thing, and someone handing you luxuries turns into life changing deeds.

Utilizing Intermittent Fasting today. Was planning on having a strict Carb Backloading day, but when I woke up, I was lazy as hell and didn't want to prepare any diet food. I had about 10g of EAAs, and some water, but that's about it. I believe the Int Fast will help prepare my body for the weight cut as well as keep my weight under control. My weight is staying steady right at 215lbs, which is telling me I've pushed my low end weight up quite a few pounds. When gaining weight, I have found that increasing low end weight is the most important aspect, not the actual gaining of weight. If you can get up to 300lbs, but your low end weight is really 220lbs (I've seen it before), then your maintenance will be hard as all hell and will resemble more of a bulk than anything, leading to more fat gain. Yes, my way of doing things is slower, but I've done it many ways (gained about 40lbs in 2 months about 3 years ago), and this seems to be the steadier, less rocky path. I usually didn't put so much thought into my diet, I just go with what seems to be what others had success with, but I have so much free time now, I have to fill my days with something. I choose to experiment with different foods and diet tactics.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-17-12, 3:41 pm
Also went back and checked a few videos of my squat. I'm going to implement some changes to my form.

1) Widen my grip on the bar. I am keeping them too close, so far elbows go way far back and out, instead of being tight to my back.
3) Point my toes out a little further. Keeping my toes fully forward is placing more tension on my hamstrings (good), but too much pressure on my knees when spreading the floor.
3) Squat through my heels. I'm putting more pressure on the balls of my feet than necessary. This is not due to flexibility at all, simply bad habit.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-18-12, 3:24 pm
Nice job of assessing and correcting ace!

TigerAce01
03-19-12, 4:57 pm
Thanks Bryan!

Felt pretty crappy today, but got in and got my numbers for the day. No more, no less.

DE Bench - 135+Minis 8x3
OHP - worked up to 165x5
-ss-
Chins - 5 reps each set of OHP

Dips - 3x10
Face Pulls - 3x20
BB Curls - 3x10

Followed it up with Pineapple Juice (bromelain content) and Nitro.

-Ace

Appollonian
03-20-12, 12:58 pm
Ace, like Bryan said it's good you know what to correct on squats. Some people are no good at them and have no clue that they are bad (me a few years ago). Then they know they are bad, and don't know why (me last year). Having an idea what to fix is awesome.

There's a video on youtube about feeling craptastic, but like the dude said you owned up and still put in the work.

Bruiser
03-20-12, 1:05 pm
Thanks Bryan!

Felt pretty crappy today, but got in and got my numbers for the day. No more, no less.

DE Bench - 135+Minis 8x3
OHP - worked up to 165x5
-ss-
Chins - 5 reps each set of OHP

Dips - 3x10
Face Pulls - 3x20
BB Curls - 3x10

Followed it up with Pineapple Juice (bromelain content) and Nitro.

-Ace

I'm surprised to see the BB curls in there! Nice DE work Ace. I see you stole the pineapple juice trick!

TigerAce01
03-20-12, 1:17 pm
Didn't know you used it! Yeah, I was researching natural ways to help my fiancees rheumatoid arthritis, and raw pineapple juice is loaded with Bromelain, so we've both been drinking it!

Barbell Curls were in there because my back work wasn't very heavy, so my biceps didn't get fatigued.

Also, I really widened my grip, middle finger on the ring, whereas I typically have my hands a thumb length away from the smooth. Felt great after I warmed up...finally getting my shoulder capsule to loosen.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-20-12, 1:23 pm
Ace, like Bryan said it's good you know what to correct on squats. Some people are no good at them and have no clue that they are bad (me a few years ago). Then they know they are bad, and don't know why (me last year). Having an idea what to fix is awesome.

There's a video on youtube about feeling craptastic, but like the dude said you owned up and still put in the work.

Thanks a lot brother! Yeah, constantly evolving and fixing things is the only possible way to keep getting better, you have to accept criticism, and I need to accept that I'm still a pretty shitty lifter haha

Annnnd, this video? www.youtube.com/watch?v=Troo0o43AzQ

-Ace

Appollonian
03-20-12, 1:26 pm
Thanks a lot brother! Yeah, constantly evolving and fixing things is the only possible way to keep getting better, you have to accept criticism, and I need to accept that I'm still a pretty shitty lifter haha

Annnnd, this video? www.youtube.com/watch?v=Troo0o43AzQ

-Ace

We are all at different stages in our journeys, and from where I sit I wouldn't call you crappy.

And yeah, that's it. I honsetly didn't know what it was the first time I heard it and had my computer speakers up loud and blared it haha. I don't know anything about that guy, but I imagine if you trained with him, you'd get a PR that day. Or die trying.

mritter3
03-20-12, 1:27 pm
Solid shit in here ace liking the workouts...u get ur shock yet?

TigerAce01
03-20-12, 2:25 pm
We are all at different stages in our journeys, and from where I sit I wouldn't call you crappy.

And yeah, that's it. I honsetly didn't know what it was the first time I heard it and had my computer speakers up loud and blared it haha. I don't know anything about that guy, but I imagine if you trained with him, you'd get a PR that day. Or die trying.

Steve Pulcinella, i read his log on EliteFTS, I get a PR just by reading about his day haha

Solid shit in here ace liking the workouts...u get ur shock yet?

Nope, how about you?? I'm dying to try it, I want it now!! Lol

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-20-12, 5:32 pm
Squats and DE Pulls

5/3/1 Squats - worked up to 230x7

DE Pulls - 8x3@205+Monsters

Lots of abs - Ab roll out, 30 sec flutters x 5, decline sit ups

Felt really good tonight other than some hip/lower ab pain. Don't know wtf that was about. Not worried, but it's in the back of my mind.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-20-12, 6:14 pm
Looks like a good day, nice core work!

mritter3
03-20-12, 7:04 pm
Steve Pulcinella, i read his log on EliteFTS, I get a PR just by reading about his day haha

Nope, how about you?? I'm dying to try it, I want it now!! Lol

-Ace

ya...got mine today, wint try it til tomorrow, but fricken stoked!

TigerAce01
03-20-12, 8:14 pm
Looks like a good day, nice core work!

Realized my core is starting to become a weak point. Decided to keep ahead of it instead of playing ketchcup and mustard.

ya...got mine today, wint try it til tomorrow, but fricken stoked!

I'm in FL, so a bit aways from Corporate...maybe the end of this week. Hopefully I'll only need a couple of scoops...become quite the stim junky as of late. Let me know what flava and how it is tomorrow!!

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-21-12, 9:47 am
Hip pain has continued into today. Hard to sleep last night it was hurting so bad. Seems to hurt only when I am walking/standing, or when pressure is put on the outer area of the hip. Maybe my IT band? I'll stretch, foam roll, and ice today.

-Ace

Appollonian
03-21-12, 12:01 pm
Hip pain has continued into today. Hard to sleep last night it was hurting so bad. Seems to hurt only when I am walking/standing, or when pressure is put on the outer area of the hip. Maybe my IT band? I'll stretch, foam roll, and ice today.

-Ace

Hopefully it's nothing serious. I have a softball at my desk that I sit my bum leg on throughout the day and man oh man does it feel better after all that hell.

JustJ
03-22-12, 1:03 am
get those hips feeling better

TigerAce01
03-22-12, 8:44 am
Hip is feeling better. Not like it was so horrible I knew it was a bad injury. It seems that all the years of right high kicks while I was fighting have come back to bite me. I'll just keep up with it to make sure this doesn't happen again.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-22-12, 7:30 pm
On less calories today due to being really busy. Didn't have nearly enough food before my workout. Was drained as hell, but still got in the work.

Bench- worked up to 215x8
JM Press - worked up to a drop set of 205x4, 185x5, 135x7
DB Bench - 3 x 10

Cut it early, picking my battles. Also, FINALLY found the source of my pec/shoulder pain...surprisingly, not the bench AT ALL!! Actually, my left pec/shoulder is what's giving me trouble, and while watching video of my deadlift, I notice my left is the OVERhand on my mixed grip. This is causing me to flex my pec minor and anterior delt to keep the weight stable. I will be switching to a hook grip, get it back up to snuff and see if it resolves it.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-22-12, 7:43 pm
That might be the culprit, however I also deadlift with my left overhand when necessary (im right handed) and have no problems in that area so it may not be it. But the hook grip is awesome anyway so its a good plan to use it.
Hope it solves the problem though!

TigerAce01
03-22-12, 8:25 pm
I've tried everything to resolve it, except for tweaking the deadlift. I even benched wide for the first time tonight. Middle finger on the ring. Felt great, but my chest gave out pretty quick because I don't train it.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-22-12, 8:45 pm
I've tried everything to resolve it, except for tweaking the deadlift. I even benched wide for the first time tonight. Middle finger on the ring. Felt great, but my chest gave out pretty quick because I don't train it.

-Ace

Wider? Have you tried a closer grip?

TigerAce01
03-22-12, 9:14 pm
Of course, I train almost solely with a close grip. Thumbs length away from the smooth. Shoulder pain in the bench is mostly cause by shoulder rotation, so by closing in your grip, you actually cause the shoulder to have even more rotation...thus, I'm starting to train with a wider grip.

-Ace

mcbeast
03-22-12, 9:16 pm
Strong benching man. I actually have the same problem with my shoulder. I can also blame it on my past stupidity, deadlifting 405x20 on the regular. Sure that did not help. Im almost happy I dont pull very often, lol.

TigerAce01
03-22-12, 9:26 pm
Thanks bro! That weight will be in the 300s by years end, I have set a goal, and I will keep it.

But yeah, it seems the pulls are a lot of the time the culprit for pec minor and front delt pain in powerlifters. I want to figure out the mechanics. But shit, 405x20?? Way to make me feel like a girl haha

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-22-12, 9:59 pm
Of course, I train almost solely with a close grip. Thumbs length away from the smooth. Shoulder pain in the bench is mostly cause by shoulder rotation, so by closing in your grip, you actually cause the shoulder to have even more rotation...thus, I'm starting to train with a wider grip.

-Ace

To a certain extent yes, some people have better luck with a closer grip than a wider one, depends on the injury and the individual mechanics. I like pinkies on the grooves myself.

TigerAce01
03-22-12, 10:06 pm
I've tried a bunch of grips, on DE day I actually like to choose 3 grips to use.

Speaking of DE, I am most likely going to switch to a heavier tension with less bar weight. Maybe 95lbs plus monsters. I'd like to solely focus on speed, then push it on 531 days.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-22-12, 10:58 pm
Calling it : super high carb day tomorrow.

Meal Plan -

0530 : Wake, change/feed baby, coffee
0600 : Large Bowl of Fruity Pebbles w/ milk
0700 : 2 cups oats, eggs
0900 : 2 scoops protein, 1 cup oats
1200 : Bowl of Fruity Pebbles w/ milk
1400 : 2 scoops protein, 1 cup oats
1500 : Gatorade Prime
1530 : Pre workout supps
1600 : Train
1700 : Nitro w/ Gatorade Recover/Carb blend
1800 : 1lb chicken breast, box of mac n cheese
2000 : PB Sandwiches w/ milk

Bodyweight was down to 214 today. Easily lost 4-5lbs. That means my low end weight is probably near 208. Perfect.

-Ace

JustJ
03-23-12, 12:17 am
Strong benching. I'm curious to see how using stronger bands plays out. I did speed pulls yesterday with about 50% plus mini bands and it didn't feel challenging. I know speed is supposed to be the focus but I barely even noticed the bands.

BryanSmash!
03-23-12, 5:52 am
Gotta love the old mac and cheese!

TigerAce01
03-23-12, 7:35 am
Strong benching. I'm curious to see how using stronger bands plays out. I did speed pulls yesterday with about 50% plus mini bands and it didn't f

eel challenging. I know speed is supposed to be the focus but I barely even noticed the bands.

There's actually a set level of band tension you should use. Minis are too light even for me on deadlifts, i just use them on occasion because it's more than nothing lol

Pretty sure you should be using average bands for pulls.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-23-12, 2:45 pm
btw, this is what happens when band tension gets into #OHMYGODMYNUTJUSTOREOFF territory. My favorite is the first lift when the bands rip him back down, and all he can say is a choice 4 letter word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NplmcQO-J0s

-Ace

JustJ
03-23-12, 3:24 pm
There's actually a set level of band tension you should use. Minis are too light even for me on deadlifts, i just use them on occasion because it's more than nothing lol

Pretty sure you should be using average bands for pulls.

-Ace

I was thinking average bands too. Any idea for squats?

TigerAce01
03-23-12, 5:44 pm
I was thinking average bands too. Any idea for squats?

For dynamic work, max effort, or what?

Had my best deadlifting session in a while. Warmed up for a good half hour, lots of foam rolling the hip, blue heat, and did the agile 8. Also, got my Shock Therapy, but was disappointed because it was the small size...I thought I was getting the 42 serving, but free is free and it tastes delicious!

Deads - worked up to 345x8
GMs - 3x10
DB Row - worked up to 120x30 something, lost count lol
Snatch - worked up to 135x3

-Ace

JustJ
03-23-12, 6:27 pm
Sorry- for dynamic work.

And awesome db rows

TigerAce01
03-23-12, 6:33 pm
No apology necessary.

For DE work, just have the combined weight of the bar and tension equal 50-60% of your max at the bottom of the lift. To do this, just measure from your shoulders to the ground in your bottom position (maybe sitting in a chair), then find the length on the tension chart, then add the necessary weight. You can do whatever you want, lighter tension or heavier tension, but typically if your max is under 300lbs, it means mini or monster mini, 300-400lbs means a light, 400-500 means average, and above 500 you can choose anything.

If you are a RAW trainee, stick to heavier bar weight and lighter on the band tension, just because the bands strengthen the already strongest portion of the strength curve for a RAW athlete (the lockout/top portion).

-Ace

JustJ
03-23-12, 8:51 pm
No apology necessary.

For DE work, just have the combined weight of the bar and tension equal 50-60% of your max at the bottom of the lift. To do this, just measure from your shoulders to the ground in your bottom position (maybe sitting in a chair), then find the length on the tension chart, then add the necessary weight. You can do whatever you want, lighter tension or heavier tension, but typically if your max is under 300lbs, it means mini or monster mini, 300-400lbs means a light, 400-500 means average, and above 500 you can choose anything.

If you are a RAW trainee, stick to heavier bar weight and lighter on the band tension, just because the bands strengthen the already strongest portion of the strength curve for a RAW athlete (the lockout/top portion).

-Ace

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I'm single ply now, and guessing average bands would be good on both squat and deads, but I'll look into it.

TigerAce01
03-23-12, 11:31 pm
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I'm single ply now, and guessing average bands would be good on both squat and deads, but I'll look into it.

To me, you can never go wrong with getting a few pairs of minis, a pair of micros, and a couple pairs of monster minis. By having several lighter weight bands, you can make gradual tension increases, and they are more versatile.

Also, just got some organic virgin coconut oil finally. I've been seeing great results with manipulating my carbs and healthy fats, so I can't wait to utilize the MCTs in this stuff.

-Ace

mcbeast
03-24-12, 12:14 am
For dynamic work, max effort, or what?

Had my best deadlifting session in a while. Warmed up for a good half hour, lots of foam rolling the hip, blue heat, and did the agile 8. Also, got my Shock Therapy, but was disappointed because it was the small size...I thought I was getting the 42 serving, but free is free and it tastes delicious!

Deads - worked up to 345x8
GMs - 3x10
DB Row - worked up to 120x30 something, lost count lol
Snatch - worked up to 135x3

-Ace

Real strong work there. Likin' the high rep rows too!

TigerAce01
03-24-12, 6:51 pm
Real strong work there. Likin' the high rep rows too!

Thanks man, been doing them since I first got into weights 10 plus years ago!

GPP

95# Barbell Complex

Snatch Grip Upright Row x x3
Hang Snatch x 3
BTN Squat Press x 3
Good Morning x 3
Rows x 3

Repeated 4 times. Last cycle doubled the reps. Was sweating pretty good by the end, only took a few mins. Foam rolled, stretched, then ate.

-Ace

mcbeast
03-24-12, 8:11 pm
That circuit sounds brutal. Good work!

BryanSmash!
03-24-12, 8:38 pm
Nice complex, with my current level of conditioning, I threw up a little just reading it lol.

TigerAce01
03-24-12, 8:44 pm
That circuit sounds brutal. Good work!

Nice complex, with my current level of conditioning, I threw up a little just reading it lol.

Thanks guys. I have been slacking on conditioning work, but as it turns out, since I have been barely resting during my dynamic work, my gas tank has actually been increased. I really like the Jarovek complex because it doesn't put a lot more stress on my knee and hip, and definitely hits my shoulders and traps...exactly what I need work on.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-25-12, 2:28 pm
Newest tweak to my ever evolving program.

Each week, I will choose a single lift to really push. This means taking a set just 1 rep, or even 1/2 a rep from failure. Only 1 final set for 1 workout. For that movement, the speed work will be changed to LOW bar weight, with heavy band tension, with the top of the lift equaling ~40%. This will give an extremely explosive effect on the lift, while saving my CNS from any harder work.

I am also swapping my squat and deadlift days. I've been really pushing my squats lately, and I'd like to be fresh for them.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-26-12, 8:54 pm
Solid Dynamic session today.

DE Bench - 95lbs + Doubled Monsters and Doubled Mini

Incline DB Bench (Halfway through DE work) - 3x10

OHP - worked up to 150x10

BB Rows - 3x10

Watched a detailed video on Louie Simmons coaching dynamic bench. He used a foam pad under the shirt so you wouldn't have to worry about bouncing the bar, focusing solely on explosiveness. Also utilized his tip on performing an accessory halfway through the main dynamic work. He basically said this allowed the DB work to be explosive without having fatigue.

The added tension with lower bar weight was also a nice change of pace. I didn't feel very tired by the end of the session, but could tell my lifts had a lot more pop. We'll see what gains it yields.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-26-12, 9:35 pm
Solid Dynamic session today.

DE Bench - 95lbs + Doubled Monsters and Doubled Mini

Incline DB Bench (Halfway through DE work) - 3x10

OHP - worked up to 150x10

BB Rows - 3x10

Watched a detailed video on Louie Simmons coaching dynamic bench. He used a foam pad under the shirt so you wouldn't have to worry about bouncing the bar, focusing solely on explosiveness. Also utilized his tip on performing an accessory halfway through the main dynamic work. He basically said this allowed the DB work to be explosive without having fatigue.

The added tension with lower bar weight was also a nice change of pace. I didn't feel very tired by the end of the session, but could tell my lifts had a lot more pop. We'll see what gains it yields.

-Ace
Nice session, gotta love those bands!

JustJ
03-26-12, 10:46 pm
Good stuff. Are those overhead presses seated or standing?

mcbeast
03-26-12, 11:00 pm

Better be standing!

Another solid DE session in the books..

TigerAce01
03-27-12, 9:48 am
Nice session, gotta love those bands!

We'll see how the new plan works, maybe I'm actually just doing it properly for once lol

Always standing. Wendler would bitch slap me otherwise.

Better be standing!

Another solid DE session in the books..

Thanks brother, always learning what tricks Louie has been up to.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-27-12, 5:57 pm
Squat and Speed Pulls

Squats - worked up to 240x5

Speed Deads - 8x1@225

Leg Curls - 3x10

Ab wheel, leg raises, decline crunches.

Hip is feeling better. Tight today, but didn't hurt, no pulling in my abdominals.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-27-12, 6:24 pm
Nice work, glad the hip is better!

TigerAce01
03-28-12, 11:03 am
Thanks Bryan, woke up today and it was the first time in about two weeks I didn't just want to die getting out of bed. My joints have been feeling better and better lately...do you think all of the different sources of new fats I'm putting into my diet are effecting joint stiffness and soreness??

-Ace

Solid Dreams
03-28-12, 11:04 am
Thanks Bryan, woke up today and it was the first time in about two weeks I didn't just want to die getting out of bed. My joints have been feeling better and better lately...do you think all of the different sources of new fats I'm putting into my diet are effecting joint stiffness and soreness??

-Ace

What fats did you incorporate? I'm sure that has something to do with it, considering how they keep saying that fats help with joint pain and inflammation.

TigerAce01
03-28-12, 11:14 am
So, I was talking with my woman last night while laying in bed (yes, I torture he for hours on end discussing my lifting plans/goals), and I came up with what felt like an excellent way to tweak 5/3/1 for Powerlifting in my favor. The changes are very minimal, in fact, none of the weights or percentages are changed. Basically, I got the idea when I was thinking about my bench press...I know my shoulders are already tender from years of rotator abuse while swimming competitively...so I wanted a way to really get some weight in my hands, while not killing my shoulders in the long run, or my CNS in the sprint. I realized that cycling the manpon was a great idea again...but there's a problem. 5/3/1 (original text) had no way to implement it without fucking up the program, ie no singles.

So, here I am with 5/3/1 for powerlifting, with singles built into the program. I will be keeping all the base 5/3/1 sets exactly the same...first week 3 sets of 3 with 3 singles, next week 3 sets of 5, etc...but the singles will have an added effect of changing the range of motion. For the bench, I will be using board/manpon presses, for squat I will be using boxes, and for the deadlift I may or may not use platforms.

So, the first cycle through the program, my singles will be using a 3-board or manpon the size of 3-board...a high box about 3 inches above parallel...and platforms 6 inches above the floor.

Second cycle...1-2-board or manpon of equivalent size...mid level box 1 inch above parallel...and platforms 3 inches above the floor.

Third cycle...everything is from full competition depth. Bench will be paused, squats buried, and pulls are strict.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-28-12, 3:57 pm

-Ace

Generally taking in more efa's cuishions the joints better than normal. Happens to me if I eat too many hamburgers.
Looks like a well thought out plan you have there.

mcbeast
03-29-12, 1:17 am

-Ace

I'm about to get stupid with fish oils..It does work!

TigerAce01
03-29-12, 6:12 pm
Big rep PR tonight!

Bench - worked up to 225x8 (PR)

DB Bench - 5x10

JM Press - 3x10

Ab circuit - Ab wheel, flutter kicks, leg raises

Felt awesome, decided to just punch it into high gear. I think the plan of keeping the dynamic work light bar weight/heavier tension seemed to work great. I felt VERY fresh today, and my joints/muscles were loose and ready to go.

In other great news, my wife had a follow up interview to be Asst. Manager to a luxury apartment place. She is the top candidate, but the temp lady they brought in a month ago is thinking about quitting her agency and staying with the apartments...if the temp doesn't stay, my wife gets the job...if she stays, my wife is screwed. Kinda shitty having to wait a week for them to make up their minds, but hey, that's life in the corporate world!

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-29-12, 6:32 pm
Good pressin Ace, its always nice to feel rested before a tough session!

Bruiser
03-29-12, 6:35 pm
I'm about to get stupid with fish oils..It does work!

Ditto

Big rep PR tonight!

Bench - worked up to 225x8 (PR)

DB Bench - 5x10

JM Press - 3x10

Ab circuit - Ab wheel, flutter kicks, leg raises

Felt awesome, decided to just punch it into high gear. I think the plan of keeping the dynamic work light bar weight/heavier tension seemed to work great. I felt VERY fresh today, and my joints/muscles were loose and ready to go.

In other great news, my wife had a follow up interview to be Asst. Manager to a luxury apartment place. She is the top candidate, but the temp lady they brought in a month ago is thinking about quitting her agency and staying with the apartments...if the temp doesn't stay, my wife gets the job...if she stays, my wife is screwed. Kinda shitty having to wait a week for them to make up their minds, but hey, that's life in the corporate world!

-Ace

congrats man. Nice rep work

TigerAce01
03-29-12, 7:02 pm
Thanks guys!!

Next month, I plan on hitting +300 from a 3 board for the first time. Big cycle ahead!

-Ace

mcbeast
03-30-12, 12:27 am
Thanks guys!!

Next month, I plan on hitting +300 from a 3 board for the first time. Big cycle ahead!

-Ace

Too easy..

Strong work today T..

T o m m Y
03-30-12, 12:34 am
good job on the PR bro!

TigerAce01
03-30-12, 5:32 pm
Another great session tonight.

Deads - "3" week - worked up to 365x6 (PR)
Speed Squats off Low Box - 10x2@135+Light Bands

DB Rows - worked up to 130x20 something
BB Shrugs - 3x10
Leg Curls - 3x15-20

Chugged down 1 scoop of the new Shock and 1 scoop RAGE before I lifted, felt awesome. Popped two paks of Nitro with a serving of EAA stack and Gatorade post.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
03-30-12, 6:00 pm
Nice PR on deads!

Appollonian
03-30-12, 7:16 pm
Awesome work an congratulations on the PR!

Shock and Rage... All the cool kids are doing it haha

TigerAce01
03-31-12, 12:40 pm
Thanks guys!

Woke up early this morning, couldn't sleep for shit, probably the stims haha

Headed outside for a breaking dawn session.

BB Complex - same as usual
Log flips
Log carries
Farmers walks - as many 100yd trips as possible in 15 mind w/ 100lb DBs

-Ace

Solid Dreams
03-31-12, 12:50 pm
Jeez dude, no wonder you're getting PRs with Shock and rage! Great work in here, hope your wife gets the job!

TigerAce01
03-31-12, 9:52 pm
I hope so too, it's her dream job. She deserves it.

I'm finding myself thinking about the meet more and more lately. I can't wait to get the bar in my hands and kill some all time PRs. Every workout feels like a championship meet, every lift feels like my life depends on it. I am so excited, it's like the meet is tomorrow. It's been so long since I've been on a platform, it seems like this is my rebirth...both in life and as an athlete. I feel at peace when I lift a new best, i can sleep until the next session.

I hope everyone can have this feeling...unstoppable.

-Ace

Seath308
03-31-12, 11:34 pm
Your mindset is perfect right now Keep it like that! Kill it!

TigerAce01
04-01-12, 11:18 am
Thanks a lot Ben! Just wait for the next cycle, got a few tricks up my sleeves to improve 3/5/1.

If all goes well, and the tweaks yield some big gains, I'll do a write up on it for future meet prep cycles.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-02-12, 9:54 am
Got a call back for a big job opportunity! Might finally get my shot at management!

-Ace

Appollonian
04-02-12, 1:27 pm
Can't wait to see your master template...

That's great news, will you have to relocate for the job?

TigerAce01
04-02-12, 1:54 pm
Can't wait to see your master template...

That's great news, will you have to relocate for the job?

Nah, it's right down the street. Pretty pumped, been waiting to break into management for a while, but in this economy, it's hard to find someone who will take a chance and give you a shot without prior mgmt experience. But, I've put in my dues and worked my way up for the past few years.

And thank you! My basic ideas are a few posts above, but I need to refine those ideas, polish them, then put them into use. Some things sound great in theory, then just shit the bed...we'll see.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-02-12, 6:04 pm
OHP and DE Bench

Speed Bench - 8x3@95lbs+Monsters and Minis

OHP - worked up to 165x1, 5 sets of 10

Ended it early to try and kill the rest of the week. I consider these exercises accessories anyway.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-02-12, 8:23 pm
I'm also debating on whether or not to cut weight. I might just say screw it and come into the meet full of food. But, cutting will give me a better ratio and chance of breaking records.

What do you guys think? Plenty of time to debate.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
04-02-12, 8:29 pm
I'm also debating on whether or not to cut weight. I might just say screw it and come into the meet full of food. But, cutting will give me a better ratio and chance of breaking records.

-Ace

I say no. Just go in what you weigh and have fun. Leaving the cutting for much later on.

Ed Eliason
04-02-12, 9:42 pm
I second what Bryan says.

mritter3
04-03-12, 8:11 am
OHP and DE Bench

Speed Bench - 8x3@95lbs+Monsters and Minis

OHP - worked up to 165x1, 5 sets of 10

Ended it early to try and kill the rest of the week. I consider these exercises accessories anyway.

-Ace

nice session Ace!

TigerAce01
04-03-12, 8:16 am
Thanks guys!

If my weight is 205 or less, I'll go with 198,anything above, I'll go with 220.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-03-12, 8:53 am
Got my final interview for the Manager position this friday...so excited!

Took a full assessment test yesterday and passed with flying colors, so now all I need to do is reformat my resume, then keep my nerves down when I go into the final interview. It's hard to believe I finally get my shot after all the hard work, especially with so many out of work.

To everyone that is unemployed right now...keep searching, keep working, and eventually someone will appreciate your skills.

Now, let me get this job so I can finally afford some more food and supplements!!!

-Ace

mcbeast
04-03-12, 1:42 pm
Strong session Ace! Hope all works out for you!

Appollonian
04-03-12, 3:17 pm
Got my final interview for the Manager position this friday...so excited!

Took a full assessment test yesterday and passed with flying colors, so now all I need to do is reformat my resume, then keep my nerves down when I go into the final interview. It's hard to believe I finally get my shot after all the hard work, especially with so many out of work.

To everyone that is unemployed right now...keep searching, keep working, and eventually someone will appreciate your skills.

Now, let me get this job so I can finally afford some more food and supplements!!!

-Ace

Kill the interview.

Nice words of encouragement that everyone can take to heart. And a good paying job goes a long way into buying food and supplements, among other things.

TigerAce01
04-03-12, 7:08 pm
Strong session Ace! Hope all works out for you!

Kill the interview.

Nice words of encouragement that everyone can take to heart. And a good paying job goes a long way into buying food and supplements, among other things.

Appreciate it men! I'm really hoping it's my break...my first ever break came about a year ago, but I learned the hard way what it meant to be in the corporate world. My PM was a backstabbing whoremonger whose idea of an introduction to the company was to hit on me (I'm married with children), and the President of Software Engineering was a coward Hobbit that couldn't even fire me himself. Instead, I was an idiot, gave away all my tips and tricks, all the information I had...then they used me up and threw me out the window like a rubber. I learned more from my few months there that at any other point in my professional career. So at least I can thank them for that.

Tonight, squats:

Squats - worked up to 255x3, then 3 sets of 10

Power Cleans - 10 singles working up to 215 (used these to replace speed deads)

Leg Curls - 3x10

I have a confession to make...tonight my knee was killing me so I used my TK sleeves on the last 2 sets. Was pissed off, but I convinced myself that it's better to have a solid session in sleeves than a shitty session in nothing, especially 14 weeks out. Right? lol

-Ace

BryanSmash!
04-03-12, 7:12 pm
Good looking power cleans, especially after squattin!
Dont feel bad about the sleeves, you cant train naked all the time lol!

TigerAce01
04-03-12, 8:49 pm
Honestly, Power Cleans to me are just a more coordinated Speed Dead. My setup for full squat cleans is different than my setup for Power Cleans, which are very close to my setup for Speed Pulls.

But, a pretty good workout. I'm in need of a deload.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-04-12, 9:11 am
My legs fucking hurt today. The 3 sets of 10 with a heavier weight is a bitch...I haven't been this sore in a long time.

I've also noticed that my squat form has changed big time in the past few months, and it probably started with the box squats. My glutes are actually what is most sore on me, I think it's from the hip hinge I now use to leverage the weight.

Either way, I feel great.

-Ace

J Wong
04-04-12, 3:09 pm

-Ace

Not worth it, in my opinion. If you are 3-4 lbs off then sure..just don't eat the night before weigh ins, assuming you are weighing in the day before.

JustJ
04-04-12, 10:46 pm
Are the records by class or actual weight? Cuz if you're a light 220 you have the Wilks advantage

TigerAce01
04-05-12, 12:23 pm
Not worth it, in my opinion. If you are 3-4 lbs off then sure..just don't eat the night before weigh ins, assuming you are weighing in the day before.

That's what I am thinking now. Thanks for the input boom, much appreciated!

Are the records by class or actual weight? Cuz if you're a light 220 you have the Wilks advantage

I actually have no idea to be honest. Either way, I'm just going to plan on not cutting the weight, unless I'm in close range and don't have to sweat anything out.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-05-12, 5:57 pm
Tonight's session.

Bench - worked up to 235x5 (PR), then 3 singles @ 275 off of manpon

JM Press - worked up to drop set of 205x3,185x5,135x8

DB Press - 3x10

-Ace

BryanSmash!
04-05-12, 5:59 pm
Nice benchin, congrats on the PR!

TigerAce01
04-05-12, 9:29 pm
Thanks brother, can't wait to really get into some heavy singles again! That 275 was easy as hell. The DE Bench has made a HUGE difference in my lockout. If I was in a shirt, I could probably be benching in the 400 range.

-Ace

mritter3
04-06-12, 7:55 am
Tonight's session.

Bench - worked up to 235x5 (PR), then 3 singles @ 275 off of manpon

JM Press - worked up to drop set of 205x3,185x5,135x8

DB Press - 3x10

-Ace

solid session Ace....

TigerAce01
04-08-12, 7:56 pm
Thanks brother!

Fucked something up in my leg pulling on Friday...on my last set of deads I heard and felt a pop in the back of my knee, first thought was my ACL. Stopped the set immediately, checked the knee, and it was fine. Thought it was just a fluke, then it started feeling worse the past couple of days. Really, it's the top of my calf that hurts the most...makes sense because I have a problem with the bar getting in front of me on pulls, thus, I pull on my toes once the bar is mid-shin.

We'll see what happens, but as of now I'm deloading.

My interview got moved to tomorrow at 1300 because they forgot Friday was Good Friday.

-Ace

T o m m Y
04-08-12, 8:02 pm
Congrats on the PR!
Strong jms too!

Appollonian
04-10-12, 10:57 am
Injuries suck. Don't push it rest hard and long and get better. I wish I could take my own advice...

Kill the interview!

TigerAce01
04-10-12, 7:48 pm
Congrats on the PR!
Strong jms too!

Thanks brother, JMs are something I've been putting a lot of work into...I definitely see it improving my bench. Before the JMs, my bench was a weakness...now my bench is right along with my deadlift. Now this next cycle, I'm hitting my squats hard.

Injuries suck. Don't push it rest hard and long and get better. I wish I could take my own advice...

Kill the interview!

I wouldn't consider it an injury, just a tweak...I stopped the workout immediately, as my knee is already a weak spot. Just deloading for a week, and I'll be straight. Pulled today with no issues whatsoever.

Leading into that, I think I found my perfect stance for pulls...it' a little narrower than sumo, with the inside of my shins just on the rings. I could get my hips back a lot more, my back was more upright, and I used my leg drive A LOT more than my conventional pull. I'm going to stick with it for now, and see how it works.

Tonight -

Deads: deload 5/3/1

OHP: deload 5/3/1

DB Row: 3x10
BB Curl: 3x10
Snatch Power Hold: 3 sets of 10 second holds
Band Pull Aparts
Abs

Felt really good tonight not having to worry about big weights.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-11-12, 5:09 pm
Have some info for all you perma bulkers... Been feeling a bit sluggish lately, so I decided to really clean up my diet, focusing for a solid week.

I cut out breads, sugars except around my workout, milk other than shakes, and all junk food. I'm eating a lot of fruit, meats, and veggies. I feel great, energetic, and all my bloat is gone. Simple, but it takes effort with food choices and preparing whole foods, but I highly suggest it.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-12-12, 3:36 pm
Oly Squats - deload 5/3/1

Bench - deload 5/3/1

Leg Curls - 3x12

Short and simple. Starting 3/5/1 cycle next week, pretty pumped to see how things are progressing.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
04-12-12, 5:14 pm
Are you going Paleo on us Ace lol? Nice work!

TigerAce01
04-12-12, 5:47 pm
I will never call it paleo haha just a break for my system. I think "paleo", whatever the fuck that means, is a terrible plan for growth. Not bad for the couch potato, but anything is really.

-Ace

The_Athlete
04-12-12, 5:58 pm
I will never call it paleo haha just a break for my system. I think "paleo", whatever the fuck that means, is a terrible plan for growth. Not bad for the couch potato, but anything is really.

-Ace

I like paleo. Paleolithic is a prehistoric period of human history. The concept is basically if a caveman could hunt/gather it. Its acceptable. Food is meant to be perishable, so anything that comes packaged/boxed/processed is a no-no. Processing can include bleaching, baking, grinding, and refining. Excessive consumption of high-glycemic carbohydrates is the primary culprit in nutritionally caused health problems.

So basically, just base your diet on garden vegetables(9 out 10 I use frozen veggies), especially greens, lean meats, nuts and seeds, little starch, and no sugar.

I love the diet and have always eaten fruit and served veggies with my lean meats. Haven't had a problem with gaining size or strength so far.

BryanSmash!
04-12-12, 5:59 pm

-Ace

lol true, I think Mike Keck is or did write a book on that diet thats more applicable to athletes. I think Paleo may have gotten a bad rap from too many uppity crossfitters, but its not a bad concept for aesthetic purposes.

TigerAce01
04-12-12, 6:13 pm
Maybe I've been too saturated with narcissistic twigs raving about it. It gets annoying.

-Ace

Appollonian
04-12-12, 6:17 pm
Maybe I've been too saturated with narcissistic twigs raving about it. It gets annoying.

-Ace

I get annoyed by pretty much anyone that raves about the latest thing that everyone has to try (in their opinion). If it works for you, great, share the knowledge. But don't make everyone else feel like they need to do it too... I've had more than one 'fit/healthy' person do this to me and it's no fun.

TigerAce01
04-12-12, 6:22 pm
That's why I train at home. I hated having people come and give me tips on form and programming and diet...when they are weaker, fatter, and haven't progressed since I saw them do bench 3 times a week a year ago.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-12-12, 9:04 pm
Just foam rolled the fuck out of my entire body, but something weird happened...after I got up, i had a wave of nausea and started to cold sweat. Maybe it's like what happens after you visit the chiropractor and toxins are released. Felt like ass for a solid 30 mins then felt better than before lol

Just a blurb there.

-Ace

mcbeast
04-14-12, 8:38 am
Man, I look forward to foam rolling now!

As far as paleo, I see no problem with it. There is nothing wrong eating that way, even for an athlete. Fruits, Nuts, Lean Meats. Its just back to basics, and will overall improve your health. I personally just like oreos too much, and to be honest following such a diet is a real pain in the ass. I do think the cliche masses of crossfitters have ruined alot of things..

Bruiser
04-14-12, 9:59 am
lol true, I think Mike Keck is or did write a book on that diet thats more applicable to athletes. I think Paleo may have gotten a bad rap from too many uppity crossfitters, but its not a bad concept for aesthetic purposes.

Pop Tarts and corn dogs are good for aesthetic purposes too.

Just foam rolled the fuck out of my entire body, but something weird happened...after I got up, i had a wave of nausea and started to cold sweat. Maybe it's like what happens after you visit the chiropractor and toxins are released. Felt like ass for a solid 30 mins then felt better than before lol

Just a blurb there.

-Ace

I have the same thing happen when I haven't rolled in a while. Actually I rolled yesterday (1st time in a week or two) and went to the chiropractor for the first time in 6 weeks. After that, I felt like a bag of ass all day, but feel awesome today.

TigerAce01
04-14-12, 9:30 pm
Lifting Goals

Within 2012

Squat 400 no belt/no wraps
Bench 350 no belt/no wraps
Pull 500 no belt

-Ace

Bruiser
04-14-12, 9:31 pm
Lifting Goals

Within 2012

Squat 400 no belt/no wraps
Bench 350 no belt/no wraps
Pull 500 no belt

-Ace

Looks like good goals man. Mine for the year aren't far off from those. Good luck.

TigerAce01
04-15-12, 6:51 pm
Thanks brother! I also want to add 225x5 OHP on that list...that's been a bucket list sorta thing for me for a while now haha

Tonight was the first night of my meet prep cycle. No more speed work. The main focus will be my squats as they are the most lacking...I suck at 100% raw squats. I'm thinking about saying screw 100% raw after this meet, but I've made goals with no belt/no wraps/no sleeves, so I will achieve them. I am also switching the days up a bit for this cycle:

Sunday - OHP
Monday - Deads
Wednesday - Bench
Friday - Squat

OHP - worked up to 160x3

OHP Accs - 3x10

BB Curls - 3x10

Quick and dirty. Just planning on slowly raising the overall volume as OHP doesn't bother my shoulders with volume as much as bench.

Was thinking about after the meet as well, might run Smolov if my squat doesn't pick up.

-Ace

JustJ
04-15-12, 7:04 pm
Good goals. You got plenty of time. I'd be happy to hit 350 in a shirt by the end of the year haha

TigerAce01
04-15-12, 7:18 pm
Yeah brother, they are big goals...but if your goals aren't big, your results will be the same. I've been holding back just a little, so now it's time to punch it into high gear.

-Ace

JustJ
04-15-12, 7:20 pm
For sure. I've been holding back some. Think I need to get back in the gear, then set some goals.

TigerAce01
04-16-12, 3:40 pm
Just got a call...I got the management position!!!!!

This is proof that if you just keep pushing harder and harder and never give up, you can make it.

-Ace

Bruiser
04-16-12, 3:46 pm
Congrats man!

Appollonian
04-16-12, 4:28 pm
Congratulations!

I can't wait to see your first supplement order/grocery bill on the new paycheck... just kidding man, well sort of lol. Seriously that is awesome and encouraging news for everyone.

TigerAce01
04-16-12, 5:12 pm
Tonight was incredible...one of those sessions that only comes once in a great while.

Deads - worked up to 395x3 (screwed up the weight, was supposed to be 370x3), then 385x1, 415x1

GMs- 3x10

BB Rows - 3x10 with 3 dif grips

Ab Roller

Foam rolled, stretched, ice.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-16-12, 5:13 pm
Congrats man!

Congratulations!

I can't wait to see your first supplement order/grocery bill on the new paycheck... just kidding man, well sort of lol. Seriously that is awesome and encouraging news for everyone.

Thank you guys!!!

And actually, I already discussed with my wife that I'm going to buy a full stack once back bills are payed. She's getting a mani/pedi (which she hasn't gotten in years) and I'm getting Pak, Torrent, Rage, Nitro, and Omega (which I haven't had all at once in 4 years).

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-17-12, 9:17 pm
Guess you get the good with bad...

My wife and I are splitting up. She made accusations of infidelity, and being considered in such a dishonorable tone is something I will not stand. Once one brick is removed in the wall of trust, the whole construction is left in rubble.

-Ace

mickmanley
04-17-12, 10:13 pm
Guess you get the good with bad...

My wife and I are splitting up. She made accusations of infidelity, and being considered in such a dishonorable tone is something I will not stand. Once one brick is removed in the wall of trust, the whole construction is left in rubble.

-Ace

Im sorry to hear that bro

mcbeast
04-17-12, 11:10 pm
Seems like You & I are going thru fairly similar issues all round. I'm sorry to hear about the split, but if its what needs to be done to be happy & live your life to the fullest then it has to happen.

Shoot me a pm if you need anything bro.

Appollonian
04-18-12, 8:26 am
You're in my prayers. This is a tough world and the fundamental building block is trust.

TigerAce01
04-18-12, 6:10 pm
Thanks for the support guys. We've been talking all day and might come to a settle.

Tonight

Bench - worked up to 230x3

3-board - 270x1

2-board (3b was too easy) - 300x1 (PR)

JM Press - 3x10

DB Press - 3x10 (3 different inclines)

Followed it up with Nitro and ice.

-Ace

Solid Dreams
04-18-12, 6:18 pm
Thanks for the support guys. We've been talking all day and might come to a settle.

Tonight

Bench - worked up to 230x3

3-board - 270x1

2-board (3b was too easy) - 300x1 (PR)

JM Press - 3x10

DB Press - 3x10 (3 different inclines)

Followed it up with Nitro and ice.

-Ace
Hey bro, hope it works out. Strongwork, hope you guys do better.

JustJ
04-19-12, 12:38 am
Great job on the 2 board!

Appollonian
04-19-12, 7:39 am
Congratulations on the PR! I pray everything works out for the best.

TigerAce01
04-19-12, 9:44 am
Hey bro, hope it works out. Strongwork, hope you guys do better.

Great job on the 2 board!

Congratulations on the PR! I pray everything works out for the best.

Thank you very much guys...God will set me on the correct path as He has done my entire life.

The PR was great, got a little out of groove, but it's a good thing to learn now instead of July 21st. Currently, the path for my goals looks like this:

Squat - off goal path
Bench - on goal path
Deadlift - on goal path, possibly above goal

If I hadn't made it clear before, I fucking HATE 100% raw squats. If ever I jump into gear, that will be the reason why.

-Ace

mcbeast
04-19-12, 11:21 am
I don't think I will ever go above 315 on squats without Rehbands. Never above 405 without a belt. Just sayin' 100% raw is insane. Lol

Solid Dreams
04-20-12, 11:52 am
Hey buddy, congrats on getting the casein!

TigerAce01
04-20-12, 12:12 pm
Thanks for letting me know SD, I wouldn't have known otherwise!! haha It'll be cool testing a micellar casein, I'm a big fan.

-Ace

Appollonian
04-20-12, 1:35 pm
Thanks for letting me know SD, I wouldn't have known otherwise!! haha It'll be cool testing a micellar casein, I'm a big fan.

-Ace

That's awesome congratulations! Looking forward to how you all like it. I used to take another brand's casein for a few years, but I had a budget crunch a few years back and that along with a few other sups got cut. I'm looking forward to trying one from Universal Nutrition.

TigerAce01
04-20-12, 4:52 pm
Tonight, no belt, no wraps, no sleeves, no t-shirt.

Oly Squats - 5/3/1 sets worked up to 250x3

Box Squat (2in above par) - worked up to 330x2

Leg Curls - 3x12

Prowler - 4 plates x 100ft x 10 trips

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-21-12, 10:10 pm
Last night's Prowler work is coming back to bite me...just had to bathe in Blue Heat.

I'm happy with the box squats, but I need to fix something with my free squat. Obviously something is not firing properly. I am preferring the Oly Squats because of the very quick descent, but the max strength is not there. I need to tweak things and get my hamstrings up to par, and quick.

-Ace

mcbeast
04-21-12, 10:45 pm
Good mornings,GHR,Leg Curls,High Leg Pressin'..I used to be the same way. what is your foot placement on the squat?

Honestly, I would take away box squats. Especially if you are a closer stance squatter. I believe its a great tool to learn how to squat, but it doesn't prove very useful in the long run for raw lifters. I did them myself for a few months, and almost forgot how to free squat.

Chia
04-22-12, 12:40 am
Good mornings,GHR,Leg Curls,High Leg Pressin'..I used to be the same way. what is your foot placement on the squat?

Honestly, I would take away box squats. Especially if you are a closer stance squatter. I believe its a great tool to learn how to squat, but it doesn't prove very useful in the long run for raw lifters. I did them myself for a few months, and almost forgot how to free squat.

I agree with this advice. I can seem them perhaps being useful for a wide stance raw squatter, but even then it should just be a light touch and go to gauge depth (like the way Stan Efferding does them). As an olympic style squatter I have never felt any carryover from them. I get a lot more out of paused squats.

TigerAce01
04-22-12, 10:12 am

I agree with this advice. I can seem them perhaps being useful for a wide stance raw squatter, but even then it should just be a light touch and go to gauge depth (like the way Stan Efferding does them). As an olympic style squatter I have never felt any carryover from them. I get a lot more out of paused squats.

I understand many feel the box squat is not a great tool to be used by raw lifters, but I honestly get a great boost to my technique while using them. The box teaches me to keep my hamstrings and glutes tight, and control my descent.

But then again, my squat sucks...the only issue that I have is that my squats have been improving, and I don't want to screw the pooch 11 weeks out.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-22-12, 6:46 pm
Tonight

OHP - worked up to 150x5, then 3 sets of 10

Overhead Power Holds - 3 sets of 15 sec holds

Curls

Conditioning

Start of the easier week, so just taking it easy and hitting the prescribed numbers.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-23-12, 12:40 pm
Just wanted to blurb about something that's been pissing me off lately. All of you idiots that keep coming up with excuses as to why you aren't achieving "your dream"...fuck you, your excuse is invalid.

If it is your dream, you wouldn't have time to bitch about excuses in the first place...you'd be too busy accomplishing something. It's money you say? Fuck off and find a way to make more. Or here's a novel idea, come up with ideas to get what you need without money. Give a trucker head for all I care, just stop bitching. Over the past 2 years, I have slept in a real bed with a frame and box spring maybe 1 month...I have had very limited FOOD much less expensive supplements. I haven't belonged to a gym, and have a half rack with a fixed lat pulldown, a barbell, a pair of dumbells, and weights...yet I still put in the work and get stronger.

Have you ever had to have a max effort day and only have a chicken breast and a pack of ramen the whole day...I have, and I got a PR...but even better, my baby daughter ate a full days meals. That's what makes desperation so amazing...it shows you that you can accomplish anything given the degree of pain.

And do I see you pricks complaining about what program to use?!?! Scientific bullshit, the next amazing rep scheme, how much time under tension during a rep?? Shut the fuck up before I throw a kettlebell at your head. If you spent as much time training...fuck that, half the time...that you spend researching your next training program, you'd have won every championship your sport had to offer. Get your ass under a bar and put another tampon in.

Moral of the story: get that sand out of your vag.

-Ace

Appollonian
04-23-12, 1:38 pm
Good words Tiger. It's the true 'just get it done' attitude if I've ever seen it. Results without excuse.

Tonight, no belt, no wraps, no sleeves, no t-shirt.

Oly Squats - 5/3/1 sets worked up to 250x3

Box Squat (2in above par) - worked up to 330x2

Leg Curls - 3x12

Prowler - 4 plates x 100ft x 10 trips

-Ace

Tonight

OHP - worked up to 150x5, then 3 sets of 10

Overhead Power Holds - 3 sets of 15 sec holds

Curls

Conditioning

Start of the easier week, so just taking it easy and hitting the prescribed numbers.

-Ace

Very strong work! Just having 330 on your back and keeping control must've felt awesome.

TigerAce01
04-23-12, 6:31 pm
Thanks a lot App! It did feel great, and I felt I left 20 pounds on the bar, so I know my strength is all there, I just need to make my reverse out of the hole click.

Tonight

Deads - worked up to 350x5

Ghetto Meadows Row - 3x10

Took a walk.

-Ace

mcbeast
04-23-12, 7:01 pm
Another solid session in the books Ace. Do you pull sumo or conventional?

TigerAce01
04-23-12, 7:13 pm
Conventional, but I train a lot with a little narrower than sumo in my non work sets. It helps keep my hips loose and strengthens them a bit.

Thanks brother!

-Ace

BryanSmash!
04-23-12, 7:51 pm
Nice pullin Ace, what makes your meadows rows so ghetto? Using a bar thats just really bent instead of cambered lol?

TigerAce01
04-23-12, 8:00 pm
Nice pullin Ace, what makes your meadows rows so ghetto? Using a bar thats just really bent instead of cambered lol?

Yepp, it's the first bar I ever lifted with. It's an old rusted standard bar that my father bought back in the 80s and we used it so much it bent haha so I put it in a hole in my bench and went at it. I can get an awesome angle that hits my back great for deads.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-25-12, 1:10 pm
Today was a quick "Not Doing Jack Shit" session, the day before I start my new job.

Bench - 5/3/1 up to 225x5

Some Prowler will follow.

-Ace

Appollonian
04-25-12, 1:31 pm
Today was a quick "Not Doing Jack Shit" session, the day before I start my new job.

Bench - 5/3/1 up to 225x5

Some Prowler will follow.

-Ace

Get in. Get out. Boom, sometimes that's the best thing to do. Have fun at the new job!

JustJ
04-26-12, 11:00 am
Looking good. How far out are you from your meet now?

BryanSmash!
04-29-12, 7:15 am
Hows the new job working out?

TigerAce01
04-29-12, 9:10 am
Get in. Get out. Boom, sometimes that's the best thing to do. Have fun at the new job!

Thanks brother, it is great! Benefits are outstanding.

Looking good. How far out are you from your meet now?

11 weeks brother.

Hows the new job working out?

I love it. I fit in very well and can't wait to really make an impression.

Friday Squats = suckage.

I was really worn out and was starting to get sick. Didn't even hit my numbers. Decided to shut it down and save my knees/hips/lower back.

-Ace

Solid Dreams
04-29-12, 1:25 pm
Thanks brother, it is great! Benefits are outstanding.

11 weeks brother.

I love it. I fit in very well and can't wait to really make an impression.

Friday Squats = suckage.

I was really worn out and was starting to get sick. Didn't even hit my numbers. Decided to shut it down and save my knees/hips/lower back.

-Ace

Sounds like a good idea. I love ford man, my next car will probably be one once this one dies, hope the benefits are really good so you can take full advantage :D

TigerAce01
04-29-12, 5:15 pm
Sounds like a good idea. I love ford man, my next car will probably be one once this one dies, hope the benefits are really good so you can take full advantage :D

Absolutely...I'd love an F-150, been my dream truck for quite a while, but it's tough with gas and a family. Might have to go with an Escape or a large interior sedan.

Tonight, OHP and Accs

OHP - worked up to 185x1, then 3x10

Invert Row - 3x12 w/ Mini tension

Snatch - worked up to 135x1 for an easy single

Snatch High Pulls - 3x5

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-29-12, 6:58 pm
I've also chosen to start training for the Oly lifts after the meet. I think I'll continue doing 1 powerlifting meet and 1 Oly lifting meet a year. Keeps me from getting bored, and keeps me from having repetitive injuries. Plus, I remember after I stopped my Olympic lifts last time, all of my powerlifts had gone up substantially.

-Ace

JustJ
04-29-12, 10:27 pm
Nice on the Oh press. And you still got a lot of time before the meet

TigerAce01
04-30-12, 6:55 am
Morning - 5:30am

Pulls - worked up to 425x1

Dimel Deads - 3x20

Leg Curls - 3x10

Ab Wheel

-Ace

Appollonian
04-30-12, 7:38 am
Strong Overhead press and deadlift work TigerAce01! I've seen some YouTube videos for Dimel deads, but do you have one that actually shows what you are supposed to do...? lol

The service and the parts managers at my local Ford dealership are world class awesome, and went well above and beyond the call of normal service to help me out when I was trying to fix my wife's car. Sounds like a good job so far.

J Wong
04-30-12, 2:38 pm
Nice work man....still doing the UPF, right? Also, how's your brother doing? Haven't seen him on here/at meets/or anything in awhile.

BryanSmash!
04-30-12, 3:52 pm
Nice pullin, hows the hammies today?

TigerAce01
04-30-12, 6:09 pm
Strong Overhead press and deadlift work TigerAce01! I've seen some YouTube videos for Dimel deads, but do you have one that actually shows what you are supposed to do...? lol

The service and the parts managers at my local Ford dealership are world class awesome, and went well above and beyond the call of normal service to help me out when I was trying to fix my wife's car. Sounds like a good job so far.

Haven't seen any videos, but I saw the instructions on EFS...basically the stiff legged deads Dorian always pushed.

And yeah brother, everyone I've seen in Ford have been excellent and very experienced. First time I've been impressed in a job.

Nice work man....still doing the UPF, right? Also, how's your brother doing? Haven't seen him on here/at meets/or anything in awhile.

That's right, July 21st. My brother is doing well, training in full gear now. I think he's been saving up enough money for full gear which is why he hasn't competed a lot, but he competed in APF not too long ago. Didn't hit all around PRs, but had a strong meet.

Nice pullin, hows the hammies today?

Thanks Bryan! Feeling good, I've been hitting them hard for a while now, so I don't get too sore in my posterior chain.

-Ace

TigerAce01
04-30-12, 8:41 pm
I have spent a lot of time being scared over the past year. Scared as a little girl with a spider stalking them beside their bedpost. So scared I could feel my knees buckling and urine dripping down my leg.

You can talk all you want about pushing through, sacrificing, giving all you got...but rarely a person finds themselves in a position to put their money where their mouth is. I was given this rare chance and opportunity, with the most severe of consequences if I was to fail. Human lives...my own flesh and blood put on the chopping block if I didn't man up , strap on my boots, and keep going.

You see the quotes from "Rocky" strewn across Facebook walls. You know the one I'm talking about:

“When Things got hard, you started looking for something to blame. Like a Big Shadow.

Let me tell you something you already know…

The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently IF YOU LET IT…

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But It ain’t about how hard you hit… it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much can you take and keep moving forward! THAT’S HOW WINNING IS DONE!

Now if you know what you’re worth, Go out and Get What Your Worth, But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. COWARDS DO THAT AND THAT AIN’T YOU! YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT.”

I don't think many people younger than 40 or 50 can understand this. Gaining the world only to see it ripped out from under you...getting kicked when you're still dizzy on the ground...with only a few people dangling your success in front of you like a chewed up slice of jerky.

Well, more than most, I understand it now...and let me write down what has happened to me...just this once, just to finally let it go.

I relocated to Florida to accept a new job...the start of a bright young career that would finally see my family succeed. I left my family for an entire month, leaving behind my love, my infant daughter, and my freak...all for this opportunity. It turned out to be a disaster. I was driving 3 hours a day, just to go to a job to be looked and spoken down upon...used as a scapegoat. I dreaded each day.

After 3 months, I was permanently laid off.

After that, my family had to live off of a small amount of unemployment, supplemented with the gracious givings of my family. I would never have survived without my family. I spent the better part of a year shrouded in depression, withering away in my own embarrassment and shame. I was of no condition to be a father or husband.

I finally started to lift again...and to those who know me, lifting is my only escape. Drinking, drugs, spending money...none of it even appeals to me...lifting is the only outlet that allows me to escape my demons. It started to lift me up, give me hope, give me strength. I let my body make my mind strong again...the sadness dissipated, but the anger I once had resurfaced. That horrid, deep, dark anger that almost destroyed me in the past came back...but I refused to let it be the end of me.

I channeled the emotions...let them become my fuel for change and progression. I started giving myself goals, told myself to achieve small milestones, then move onto the next. I took care of my family in the ways I could...

Then God gave me a sign. Lindsey found a small ad in the newspaper for a job fair. I decided to go just to see what I could find. On my way to the fair, I drove past a street sign...time slowed for just a moment, with a clarity of purpose..the sign read Bryan St. I am quite stubborn, but knew He had shown me the way.

3 weeks later, I was employed by Ford Motors as a Regional Customer Service Manager.

And a new chapter begins.

BryanSmash!
04-30-12, 8:49 pm
Congrats on the new gig, thats an awesome street name btw lol!

TigerAce01
05-01-12, 6:21 pm
Congrats on the new gig, thats an awesome street name btw lol!

Thanks Bryan!! haha I know, thought you'd like it!!

Been taking Rhodiola for a few days now. I've taken it in the past, but never when this stressed/exhausted. Hasn't fully kicked in, but already my concentration was improved today. Hopefully I'll start feeling more rested.

Also, I got certified in Automobile Anatomy today...learned more about cars in 5 hours than in my entire life.

...and the new 2013 Ford Mustang is KILLLLLER!! Full details on the re release of the Shelby GT500 were just released...662 HP!!

-Ace

TigerAce01
05-02-12, 7:46 pm
Tonight

Bench - worked up to a REALLY easy single at 250

2brd - worked up to 310

DB Press w/ Slight Incline - 3x10

Pushdowns - 4x25

Band Crossover - Monsters x 3 x10

Got to test drive the new 5.0L V8 2013 Shelby GT500...holy fuck.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
05-02-12, 8:36 pm
Nice pressin, leave ant rubber on those tires lol?

JustJ
05-02-12, 9:44 pm
very strong pressing

Appollonian
05-03-12, 11:00 am
Man I've been wrapped up tight and not able to post much lately, but strong workouts man. And one heck of an inspirational story. I'm glad you for your and your family and it's a real show of what deep down determination can do for a person.

TigerAce01
05-05-12, 8:07 pm
Nice pressin, leave ant rubber on those tires lol?

Kinda had to...the dealership is kinda in with my boss...something about being the same company? hahaha

very strong pressing

Thanks brother, my bench is finally coming along. I'll be pressing 3pps in a little while.

Man I've been wrapped up tight and not able to post much lately, but strong workouts man. And one heck of an inspirational story. I'm glad you for your and your family and it's a real show of what deep down determination can do for a person.

Thank you my brother, I always want to let others know that you can't give up. I like to believe I am making up for my sins...God is testing me to make sure I am finally ready for the life ahead, I think he wonders if I want it as bad as I make myself believe. You can't just accept your hand and go along with it...you cash out, find another casino, then play another hand.

Tonight

Oly Squats - worked up to 275x1

Box Squat - worked up to 3x2@315

Lying Leg Curl - went for a HEAVY 3x10 (my hamstrings were cramping like motherfuckers after this)

Finally had a good squat workout. The 3x2 will be explained when I publish the program article. No clue what to name it...never really gave two shits about a routine name...any cool titles you can think of??

-Ace

J Wong
05-05-12, 8:15 pm
Nice work man...heavy leg curls are brutal lol, we did them Monday and felt them

JustJ
05-05-12, 10:25 pm
Is this 3x2 thing just for squats? And so this is something you came up with? I'll throw out some names when I know more about it

TigerAce01
05-06-12, 8:54 am
Nice work man...heavy leg curls are brutal lol, we did them Monday and felt them

Yeah, shit hurts...very close to a rest pause to get to 10 reps haha

Is this 3x2 thing just for squats? And so this is something you came up with? I'll throw out some names when I know more about it

Yeah, just for squats. I never felt that my squats were growing with using just singles, so I found a way to get more volume while not burning out...but also a safe way to stay heavy.

-Ace

TigerAce01
05-06-12, 3:50 pm
Finally got my Torrent shipment in...but I'm starting my deload week. Might do some higher intensity accessory work!

-Ace

BryanSmash!
05-06-12, 7:10 pm
Lotsa good squattin there!

TigerAce01
05-07-12, 6:49 pm
Last Night

OHP - deload 5/3/1

Snatch - 5x3@95lbs

OH Squat - 3x10

-Ace

TigerAce01
05-11-12, 9:15 pm
Squat - deload 5/3/1

Bench - worked up to 235x3

1brd - worked up to an easy 265x1

DB Press - 3x10 (3 levels of incline)

Band Circuit

Work was stressful the past couple of days so I didn't work up as heavy as I would have. Still a good session.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
05-12-12, 5:18 am
Nice pressin Ace, good work after a couple of long days!

TigerAce01
05-12-12, 10:00 pm
Nice pressin Ace, good work after a couple of long days!

Thanks Bryan...yeah, aced my Manager cert, then got certified on the F-150 and new Mustang over the past couple of days. Rough, but pretty sweet how much knowledge I have now.

Also, I think I'm going to try the deload squat before every workout now. Gives me a little more volume, can practice my form, and it keeps everything really loose.

-Ace

Solid Dreams
05-12-12, 10:41 pm
Thanks Bryan...yeah, aced my Manager cert, then got certified on the F-150 and new Mustang over the past couple of days. Rough, but pretty sweet how much knowledge I have now.

Also, I think I'm going to try the deload squat before every workout now. Gives me a little more volume, can practice my form, and it keeps everything really loose.

-Ace

mmm, deload squats. Great job on doing that man, you're gonna be a great manager!

TigerAce01
05-13-12, 6:31 pm
mmm, deload squats. Great job on doing that man, you're gonna be a great manager!

Thanks SD.

Tonight

Squats - deload 5/3/1

Military - worked up to 165x3

Snatch Grip Shrugs - 1x20, 2x15

BB Complex

-Ace

BryanSmash!
05-13-12, 6:36 pm
Good looking OHP!

J Wong
05-13-12, 10:18 pm
Interested in seeing the deload squat idea....I think it will really dial in your technique without taxing your body.

TigerAce01
05-14-12, 9:44 pm
Good looking OHP!

Interested in seeing the deload squat idea....I think it will really dial in your technique without taxing your body.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, the deload squat idea really just came into my mind because I finally pulled myself out of denial and realized my squat is complete and utter SHIT. I'm closely approaching my bench surpassing my squat...fuck that. I also know that increasing my squat will increase my plateauing deadlift. I'm also focusing on getting my hamstrings really strong, which has already helped my pull.

By the way, I'm going to let my diet go to total shit this week. I'm eating whatever I want, when I want it. I'm talking whole boxes of cereal, a ton of milk, candy bars, pizza, burgers...whatever I can get my hands on. If I see it assist my lifts, I'll know I need to man up and just eat some more.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
05-15-12, 6:47 am
By the way, I'm going to let my diet go to total shit this week. I'm eating whatever I want, when I want it. I'm talking whole boxes of cereal, a ton of milk, candy bars, pizza, burgers...whatever I can get my hands on. If I see it assist my lifts, I'll know I need to man up and just eat some more.

-Ace

Looks like fun!

Appollonian
05-15-12, 1:18 pm
Thanks guys.

Yeah, the deload squat idea really just came into my mind because I finally pulled myself out of denial and realized my squat is complete and utter SHIT. I'm closely approaching my bench surpassing my squat...fuck that. I also know that increasing my squat will increase my plateauing deadlift. I'm also focusing on getting my hamstrings really strong, which has already helped my pull.

-Ace

LOL yeah buddy. Back in college, there were times when I just made sure I ate enough protein that day: a slice of pizza? 6 grams protein, better eat 5! Burger has 20 grams? Gotta eat 2... lol.

Seriously though when I dieted down to 190 after college (I got a bit big eating like I was haha) or so and my strength take a dump on itself, when I did finally eat ENOUGH, I felt so much better in and out of the gym.

Oh yeah, you ever hear of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cereal? Got some if you like PB!

TigerAce01
05-15-12, 6:29 pm
Having a really rough time when it comes to my lifting life right now. Just feeling really sick of being too broke to buy enough food, enough supplements, gym membership...everything. Just really pissed off at life and I feel like I'm never getting my way. Just found out it will be raining all week...and I train outside, so that fucks with everything.

I'm just to the point where I'm wondering if any of this shit is worth it. No one cares how much I lift, or if I even lift at all. I won't ever make any money from it, so it doesn't help my family...if anything, it negatively affects them. I'm just a little depressed thinking about the pros and cons of everything going on.

-Ace

BryanSmash!
05-15-12, 7:09 pm
Having a really rough time when it comes to my lifting life right now. Just feeling really sick of being too broke to buy enough food, enough supplements, gym membership...everything. Just really pissed off at life and I feel like I'm never getting my way. Just found out it will be raining all week...and I train outside, so that fucks with everything.

I'm just to the point where I'm wondering if any of this shit is worth it. No one cares how much I lift, or if I even lift at all. I won't ever make any money from it, so it doesn't help my family...if anything, it negatively affects them. I'm just a little depressed thinking about the pros and cons of everything going on.

-Ace

I wouldnt worry about these things too much Ace. If you dont have enough money for the quality or quantity of food you need, start by diverting all of your supplement budget towards your grocery bill and go from there. People lifted for many years before and did just fine (or excelled) before any type of supplements were available. You dont need them to lift.
If you cant afford a membership to a gym, or if the commute isnt feasible, or if the gyms in your area just plain suck, then scrape together some bones and scour craiglist for some lifting junk, usually people will almost give the shit away just to get it out of their house. My facility started with just a barbell, some plates and a couple of jack stands.
If you have to train outside and its raining, get wet.
If youre lifting just to make money, you better be in the top 10% of lifters in the world if you ever want to see a steady paycheck.
Bottom line...if you like it and enjoy it, dont stop lifting because youre not in an optimal situation to make the gains you desire. If however, you need to give it up for now, go ahead. Itll still be there waiting for you when you can get back at it.

Appollonian
05-15-12, 7:15 pm
So I know we don't know each eachother, but all I can tell you is you've inspired me a great deal man. You've got to have the reason you lift and it's gotta make sense to you.

For me I lift because I love it. I love feeling my muscles work, seeing my numbers go up, see my body change. I love working out with my brothers and/or my wife. I'm not under any illusion I'll ever make a living off of this, but that's not why I do it. If I made less money or had less time I'd have to do things differently, but I'd make sure I still exercised in some capacity.

But lifting has also helped me in other ways not related to having a six pack or a bigger back; setting a PR i never thought possible before a big work day helps remind me I am stronger than I ever thought possible and there is nothing I can't accomplish if I try.

I've gone trhough times when shit was going south and I found solitude in lifting, and I've had times when I was weary of lifting and had to change my routine.

In short I'm not trying to tell you why you should or shouldn't lift, just to reflect on why you did in the past and if it still makes sense for you now.

Appollonian
05-15-12, 7:17 pm
Also what Bryan said!

TigerAce01
05-15-12, 9:31 pm
Thank you for that guys...it's just one of those days we all have. You just get in a slump and stay there. You just look at yourself in the mirror and ask if it's all worth it...but I know I'm going to wake up early tomorrow and hit my scheduled session like always. And watch, tomorrow will be a good session, and my head will be back in it.

I really appreciate the pep talk, and App, I am proud that I could even come close to inspiring you. If I could inspire one person to do better...sometimes that's all you need to change the world.

-Ace

mcbeast
05-16-12, 2:05 am
Haven't poked in here in awhile, training is looking good.. Yo Ace, we all go thru those days. Its dealing with those days, then still hitting the iron that defines what we as a lifting community are all about.. Dedication my friend. I feel you on the struggle, things are not much better here or for most people.. Again, dealing with adversity will make you stronger & better, and its a reality check of where your goals lie. Keep doing work my friend, sky is the limit..

Solid Dreams
05-16-12, 3:01 am

-Ace

Bah, Ace, we all care bro. You're a strong, strong guy. Don't let yourself get yourself down, you've made all this progress without all the things you want. It wont negatively affect your family, or it shouldn't. Don't stress it, man.

Appollonian
05-16-12, 7:45 am
Thank you for that guys...it's just one of those days we all have. You just get in a slump and stay there. You just look at yourself in the mirror and ask if it's all worth it...but I know I'm going to wake up early tomorrow and hit my scheduled session like always. And watch, tomorrow will be a good session, and my head will be back in it.

I really appreciate the pep talk, and App, I am proud that I could even come close to inspiring you. If I could inspire one person to do better...sometimes that's all you need to change the world.

-Ace

Even before you shared a little about what you are going through these past years, your dedication to lifting and your inventiveness to use what works for you and drop what doesn't and keep pushing through is awesome.

TigerAce01
05-16-12, 9:52 am
Decided to just have a fun accessory workout before work today.

Kroc Rows - warmup, then 200x18

Rev Grip BB Rows - 3x8-10@225

GMs - 3x10@135

Yesterday

Deads - worked up to 370x3

-Ace

TigerAce01
05-16-12, 9:34 pm
Haven't poked in here in awhile, training is looking good.. Yo Ace, we all go thru those days. Its dealing with those days, then still hitting the iron that defines what we as a lifting community are all about.. Dedication my friend. I feel you on the struggle, things are not much better here or for most people.. Again, dealing with adversity will make you stronger & better, and its a reality check of where your goals lie. Keep doing work my friend, sky is the limit..

Bah, Ace, we all care bro. You're a strong, strong guy. Don't let yourself get yourself down, you've made all this progress without all the things you want. It wont negatively affect your family, or it shouldn't. Don't stress it, man.

Even before you shared a little about what you are going through these past years, your dedication to lifting and your inventiveness to use what works for you and drop what doesn't and keep pushing through is awesome.

And thank you very much guys...if I could say the main goal of my life, it would be to inspire people and make them feel better about whatever they're doing. I want someone to be a better version of themselves once I am finished with them.

My goals have changed since all of these events have happened to me...I care less about numbers, records, and the like...and instead, I feel like I might be able to spark that young world champion...I might make someone want to be a better parent...

I feel like I've gone a little too far with this to not see it through, so God knows I'll finish what I started.

Now let me stop being a pussy and just get back to work hahaha

-Ace

TigerAce01
05-17-12, 10:08 pm
Had an awesome workout tonight.

Bench - worked up to 235x3, then smoked a full range 275

JM Press - worked up to a drop set of 205x5, 185x5, 135x3

DB Bench - slight incline - 3x10

BB Curls

-Ace

mcbeast
05-17-12, 10:54 pm
Y0 YOUR JM'S ARE SICKK!! Congrats on that 275 too!!

BryanSmash!
05-18-12, 5:45 am
Good to see you back at it!

TigerAce01
05-18-12, 9:01 am
Y0 YOUR JM'S ARE SICKK!! Congrats on that 275 too!!

I've worked very, very hard on my JMs. I felt an immediate carryover once I started doing them. I feel they make a really solid track for your arms at every phase of the bench.

Good to see you back at it!

Thanks Bryan!

-Ace

Bruiser
05-18-12, 9:13 am
Hey Ace. Good luck with everything you got going on. If you need to talk, hit me up. I know a thing or two about endless shit piling up on your doorstep! Lol

Ed Eliason
05-19-12, 9:08 am
Great bench session! Congrats on the 275 smokeshow!

TigerAce01
05-19-12, 6:53 pm
Hey Ace. Good luck with everything you got going on. If you need to talk, hit me up. I know a thing or two about endless shit piling up on your doorstep! Lol

Thanks Bruiser, hope you're feeling better as well!

Great bench session! Congrats on the 275 smokeshow!

Appreciate it Ed! We'll see if I can be a level above shitty at the meet hahaha

Tonight

Squats - 5/3/1 sets up to 250x3

Low Box Squats - worked up to 315x1...got pinned on the fucking box, but I grinded it out...felt like an eternity, but was more like 10 seconds hahaha

Lying Leg Curls - 3x10x100lbs

Bulg Split Squats - 3x10 each leg

-Ace

TigerAce01
05-19-12, 8:12 pm
...I seriously HATE raw squatting.

I know I sound like a pussy and shit, but I really am considering gear for the first time...simply because of how much I hate squatting.

-Ace

mcbeast
05-19-12, 8:35 pm
...I seriously HATE raw squatting.

I know I sound like a pussy and shit, but I really am considering gear for the first time...simply because of how much I hate squatting.

-Ace

That bad? Why?