PDA

View Full Version : Journey to the stage 2012

JoshLandry
03-12-12, 10:37 am
Hey everyone I'll introduce myself tor anyone that dosent know me, my names Josh Landry and I'm 12 weeks out from my first show of the year. this will only be my second year competing so I deff have a lot of work cut out for me. I've already been dietin for a few weeks and I'm currently weighing 235 with visable abbs ( onmy sig is my twitter and Facebook if you wanna see what I look like). so basically I'll start this 12 weeks journey and talk about my training suplements diet and anything eles that pertains to my prep. So far I feel great and I'm very please with my condition this far out. As for the actual show, I'm not going in with a ego or anything I'm a very humble guy. I'm going into this show for my own self gratification and knowing that I have improved from the last 12 months. If I place well that's just a bonus!! just stepping on stage and seeing my improvements is one of the greatest feelings for me. right now I'm eating 7 meals a day on training days and 6 Keto meals on non weight training days. Im doing 30 mins of cardio 7 days a week of just walking on a 10 incline and about 2.5 mph on the treadmill. For any of your guys that doesn't know what Keto means is a diet the consists of very low carbs and just Protien and fat at all meals. you body will start using fat for energy instead of glycogen from carbs, it's great for fat burning. so that's it for know and I'll keep up dating as my days and weeks go on I hope you guys like this and ask me any questions you want and I'll try my best to answer them!! we are all here for one thing and one thing only our love for this lifestyle and to help eachother out!!
Big Josh

C.Coronato
03-12-12, 3:20 pm
Glad to see your starting a journey big homie! Itll be good to have you around here more often.

wedge
03-12-12, 4:04 pm
I'll be keeping an eye here. I've seen the pics on FB. You're putting in the work bro.

JoshLandry
03-12-12, 4:05 pm
Deff brotha I'm glad to be here and thanks for the warm welcome. Today's BIG LEG day this is what makes men out of boys!! time to get after it! I'll update more of my workout and info about me later on after the gym.

JoshLandry
03-12-12, 7:07 pm
OK so Leg day is over and man i feel like i lost 5 lbs of water!!!! Holy sweating. so right now since I'm in prep i like to do higher reps with lower rest to try and keep my heart rate up and burn more cals. so this is what my workout consisted of today i started with leg press witch i normally dint but figured it was a good change up
legs press 1 set 30 reps 2 set 30 reps 3 set 50 reps 4 set 30 reps rest pause 10 more reps rest pause 10 more reps at this point my quads felt like they were gonna explode lol super pumped up!! then i moved on to
step ups and i used 110lb se barbell for 4 sets of 20 reps on each leg. then i moved oto fellasas
Hack squats 1 set of 12 reps felt a little pulling in my lower abs so i backed off a plate and did 3 more sets of 20 reps. the older i get i listen to my body its not worth and injury if you feel something out of the norm then i moved on to
extensionsions and did 6 sets of 25 reps at this point i was like holy shOK ok quads are smashed and done then i moved on to
stiff legged deads and did 3 sets of 15 reps and then
lying leg curls for 4 sets of 15 nd by then my hammiesannihilatedliated too. now for the dreaded cardio on leg day arrrgggg!! but hey its gotta be done The stage is coming and i gotta have no regrets and bring my best!! so i did 30 mins on the treadmill on incline 12 at 3.2 mph . after i traismashedsmashe down a shake with 50grams whey and 20 grams glutimine and 35 grams carbs, then about 1.5 hours later ill eat 8 oz beef and some greens. so there you go that my leg day forparticularcaular day fella hope you enjoy this log.

JoshLandry
03-12-12, 7:21 pm
also for anyone that want to know more about me in general, Ive been lifting of and on for about 12 -15 year, but seriously for the past 6 or so. i told myself in 2006 that in 2010 i wanted to compete so i took 4 years to try and build up my physique to be stage ready. and those for years were def bittersweet cuz i was FAT i didn't really understand nutrition, the only thing i shot for was 400 grams of protein a day and the rest i never cared about so i got pretty fat. so i finally was sick of living the life of a bodybuilder but not looking like one so i started to learn about nutrition and got a nutritionist to help me out and get me started. thats when i really saw the most improvements when my diet got on point. when 2010 cam i had made some solid improvements but decided to take one more year of off season to make better improvement before stepping on stage. then when Jan 2011 came i stated prep and i did my first show the Jay cutler classic, i was only dieted about 80% in thats show cuz my body was really stubborn Abo getting rid of the fat but i still managed 3rd in the novice HW then about 4 weeks later i did the Atlantic states and brought my best package and looked great and came in 4th in the novice HW then i did the RI states and placed 3rd and then the CT states and placed first!!! i def learned thats it was way too many show in a row to peak at all of them but its all a learning curve. I'm def hoping that Ive made solid improvements this year when i step on stage in 12 weeks so stay tuned and we will see!!!

JoshLandry
03-13-12, 7:25 am
so it's the morning 530am and I started the day with 1/2 a grapefruit 1/2 cup oats and 15 EEG whites. as for sups I also take some fish oil a liver suplement. vitamin C 1000mg, and 1000mg vitamin D3. so that's basically my morning till my next update today I'll go thru my whole day at what times I eat, what's I eat and what sups I take. deff looking forward to any questions or feed back on anything eles you guys wanna know.

JoshLandry
03-13-12, 8:47 am
ok so time for meal 2 it's 830 and I'm having 8 oz turkey breast and 1/4 cup cream of rice. I will be taking animal Flex with this meal along with another Vit C1000 and Cla 2000mg. time to make the muscle grow!!

JoshLandry
03-13-12, 9:27 am
I also wanted tonnotethat usually inbetween meals I sip on bcaa stack or atomic 7 and I take 2 uni liver tabs just as a side note

JoshLandry
03-13-12, 11:00 am
so it's 11 o'clock time for meal 3 witch consists of 8oz chicken and 4 oz sweet potato. I also take my Animal Pak with this meal along with Cla 2000mg. so I still have 4 meals left today.

JoshLandry
03-13-12, 1:28 pm
so i get out of work everyday at 2:30 pm and I usually train at 3 pm. so around 2 Pm I take my meal 4 wit h is 2 scoops whey and 1/4 cup oats. right now Pre workout I'm just taking 1000mg L-canitine. I'm waiting for my new Shock Therapy to come in the mail witch I'm super pumped about!! Today I'll be training BiG chest. I've had a torn labrum in my left shoulder for some time not so I no longer do flat barbell bench press I stick to DB and cables and and machines. I like to do a lot of flys and Pre exhaust my chest with drop sets as well. well I'll be updatin later on with how the workout went and what I did.

JoshLandry
03-13-12, 8:37 pm
so i got to the gym and have some things on my mind that are making me more focused then anything to smash my chest. so today i started with hammer strength incline machine. i warm up with 30 reps and then add another plate and do another 20 reps. after that i add one more plate and start doing my working sets. i like to squeeze hard at the top on this exercise and not just pump out reps, i make sure to get a great negative as well. Ive learned in my time of training i dint care what I'm lifting for weight anymore. I'm not there to impress people I'm there to build the biggest chest in the gym and that dos net always mean using stupid amount of weights. i like to squeeze and contract the muscles instead of just pushing reps out fast. so i di 4 working sets of this and on my last set i did a 3 part drop set till failure on all sets. after that i went to incline cable flys. i love these for pre exhausting my chest so i don't need to lift so heavy and rish injury. so i did 5 sets of 12-20 reps. after those i moved over to incline BB and only worked up to 205 for sets of 15 reps since i was so exhausted front he flys i didn't have to go super heavy. after that i hit 3 sets of incline DBs for sets of 15 reps low rest to keep a good pump in the chest. i finished with cable crossovers 5 sets od 12-20 reps and really squeezing them as well. by this time i was smoked and my chest is feeling the work i just did. 30 min cardio shake and out the gym i go!!!

JoshLandry
03-14-12, 6:37 am
so it's first thing in the am I'm sitting here at work drinking a cup of coffee and reflecting inthe damage I did to my chest last night, man I'm I sore but I love the feeling more then anything. it tells me I put in work Yesturday that I left the gym with no regrets I smashed it plain and simple. and I'm happy with that. so good morning to everyone take the day by storm!

JoshLandry
03-14-12, 1:22 pm
So Today Big back day one of my favorite days to train. as of lately I feel like I need A LOT more work on my lower lats. So today I'm going to focus on a lot of lower lat exercises. I try to stick to the 10-15 rep range I feel I can squeeze and feel the late working more in the higher rep range. I'm hoping my new Shock Therapy come in today soni have it for Friday my Delt day!! I may even do a before and after pic of taking it and then training and post it on the universal Facebook page since I don't know how to post pics here yet.

JoshLandry
03-15-12, 6:49 am
so I smashed back as much as I could but unfortunately I'm sick with the Arnold sickness :( My GF had it for a week I've been good and them bam I got it this morning. so anyway I started with BB row and 20 reps one set underhand on set over hand. then a added some weight and did another 20 underhand and one overhand. underhand was nothing my wrist so I added more weight a decided to stay over hand for one more set. Then I went to wide cable rows and did 4 sets of 15 reps. after that I moved on to the hammer strength lat pull down. I did 4 sets going up in weight each set then on the last set I did a 3 part rest pause set. After that I hit the cable lag pull down single arm at a time and did 4 sets of 12 reps. and I finished with straight bar push downs for the lower lats 5 sets of 15 reps. then I hit 30 min cardio and I was out of the Gym feeling like crap but I got it done.

kcburrows
03-15-12, 10:27 am
so I smashed back as much as I could but unfortunately I'm sick with the Arnold sickness :( My GF had it for a week I've been good and them bam I got it this morning. so anyway I started with BB row and 20 reps one set underhand on set over hand. then a added some weight and did another 20 underhand and one overhand. underhand was nothing my wrist so I added more weight a decided to stay over hand for one more set. Then I went to wide cable rows and did 4 sets of 15 reps. after that I moved on to the hammer strength lat pull down. I did 4 sets going up in weight each set then on the last set I did a 3 part rest pause set. After that I hit the cable lag pull down single arm at a time and did 4 sets of 12 reps. and I finished with straight bar push downs for the lower lats 5 sets of 15 reps. then I hit 30 min cardio and I was out of the Gym feeling like crap but I got it done.

Hey bro, just read your journey so far! Lookin solid big man... Cant wait to see how everything turns out for ya. The sickness sucks, thank god I didnt get it...Hope ya get to feelin 100% soon!

JoshLandry
03-15-12, 11:57 am
Hey bro, just read your journey so far! Lookin solid big man... Cant wait to see how everything turns out for ya. The sickness sucks, thank god I didnt get it...Hope ya get to feelin 100% soon!

thanks a lot my man!! I'm glad you liked what you have read so far. and yeah man the sickness sucks big time but I'm sucking it up I'm in prep so there is no excuses gotta get it done my competition isn't stopping so neither am I!!

JoshLandry
03-15-12, 12:02 pm
ok so today is an off day from weight training, I will be still doing 30 mins of cardio and I'll train a little abs as well. on my off days I do a keto diet so no carbs since I'm not really needing the extra energy and I'm trying to burn more Bodyfat so this is my meal plan for the day
meal 1 6 whole eggs
meal 2 2 scoops whey 1 TB natty PB animal flex
meal 3 8 oz chicken 1 TB EVOO ( extra virgin olive oil) animal Pak
meal 4 2 scoops whey 1 TB natty PB
meal 5 9oz chicken 1 tb EVOO
meal 6 15 egg whites animal omega

in between meals I take 2 uni-liver tabs as well to keep aminos in the blood stream. so this is my regular off day and how I eat and what I do.

JoshLandry
03-16-12, 12:07 pm
ok so I figured inwould post my contest diet to show people how I'm eating Pre contest. A lot of people including myself at one time, think that they eat good but surprisingly enough are very wrong about a good bodybuilder deit. so i figured I would post my training day deit so people can see how I eat on a daily basis. I wish I knew more about nutrition years ago non training days I do a Keto diet that's in my post above this one since I don't need te carbs for energy and I'm trying to burn Bodyfat this has been workin very well for me.

Meal 1- 15 whites, 1/2 cup oats 1/2 grapefruit

Meal 2- 8oz 99% lean ground turkey, 1/4 cup cream of rice and 1 cup greens

Meal 3- 8oz chicken and a 4oz yam

Meal 4 Pre workout- 2 scoops whey and 1/4 cup quick oats
Meal 5 post workout- 50g whey, 20g Glutamine, 35g Carbs

Meal 6- 8oz lean red meat and 1 cup greens
meal 7- 50g whey 1 tbs PB and 1 serving of metamucial

JoshLandry
03-17-12, 8:56 am
so I'm coming in very fast to my contest so today's a cheat day hell yeah!! cheat days will help you get leaner but will also hold you from getting too lean too fast. so as the day goes on I'll update with what I actually eat stay tunes it will be epic. I'm doing 35 min of fasted cardio right now sipping on atomic 7

JoshLandry
03-18-12, 8:53 pm
so i started out with a
meal 1 bagel with cream cheese and some PB in my oatmeal and 15 egg whites

meal 2 2 cups egg whites half hour later shock therapy and training arms at Golds Gym New haven

meal 3 2 scoops whey 35 grams carbs and a few canolis

meal 4 olive garden freid lasagna fritta app and steak gorganzola alfrado

meal 5 bag of dreaid fruit bunch of beef aminos while i watched Act of Valor

meal 6 2 scoops whey and a thing of red velvet cake and another bagel with cream cheese before bed

it was a good day lol and i was loving life and i got to see even and talk with him for a bit here a pic of us
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/09ab9006.jpg

JoshLandry
03-20-12, 6:33 am
so Yesturday was leg day my biggest body part IMHO. I have a love hate relationship with legs, love the results but like most I hate Doing them. I used to love leg day but lately I have lost that love lol. so I like to focus on higher reps and lots of volume. I think that's what works the best for me. no less the. 10 reps and sometimes I go as high as 50 reps but stay around 20-30 most days. the pumps are insane and specially with the new shock therapy!! so this is a shoe version of my leg day
leg extensions
squats
hack squats
one leg leg press
lying leg curls
seated leg curls

here a pic post leg pump
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/8494ed6d.jpg

Big C
03-20-12, 10:03 am
Welcome aboard big guy glad you started a log. Legs lookin ginormous on your FB pic yesterday, keep up the good work.

You're right..it's not always about how much weight you lift it's about gettin the biggest body parts possible who cares how much weight is used. I'll be following my man.

C.Coronato
03-20-12, 1:40 pm
Your legs are stupid large haha. Your gonna WRECK the stage this year.

jon4389
03-20-12, 2:23 pm
Whats up man. You are doing some work! I've been reading alot your stuff. My buddy Danny Quach told me about you aka dantheman. Hes a good friend of mine and hes been helping me with my contest prep, I am 2 weeks and 4 days out from my first show. I am pretty excited. You're a pretty big guy, its gonna be awesome to see how you look on contest day. Keep killin it brotha!!

JoshLandry
03-20-12, 6:40 pm
=Big C;1208756]Welcome aboard big guy glad you started a log. Legs looking ginormous on your FB pic yesterday, keep up the good work.
You're right..it's not always about how much weight you lift it's about gettin the biggest body parts possible who cares how much weight is used. I'll be following my man.

thanks a lot Big C i means a lot buddy deff trying to push harder then ever and reveal a great package this year, and yes its not all about the weight in bodybuilding on stage i just have too look like i can bench 500lbs if i look better then the guy standing next to me that can!!!

Your legs are stupid large haha. Your gonna WRECK the stage this year.

LOL thanks Christian i always said that when i compete i wanna have huge legs because thats what everyone remembers and sees the most so i worked extra hard for these things and im still a work in progress gotta get the hammies up to par now lol

Whats up man. You are doing some work! I've been reading alot your stuff. My buddy Danny Quach told me about you aka dantheman. Hes a good friend of mine and hes been helping me with my contest prep, I am 2 weeks and 4 days out from my first show. I am pretty excited. You're a pretty big guy, its gonna be awesome to see how you look on contest day. Keep killin it brotha!!

Ya buddy inspiring the inspireing words, they deff help motivate me to stayDanny'se path. Dannys a cooI'mdude and and im sure if hes helping you your in great hands bro!! thanks again and i cant wait to see the end results also in 10 weeks stay tuned my friend

JoshLandry
03-20-12, 6:49 pm

thanks a lot for thinspiringng words buddy they help motivate me tstayey on the path. Danny's a cool dude and if hes helping you out your in great hands buddy! good luck with you show its a great feeling to do one.I'mim also pumped to see the final result in the next 10 weeks stay tuned bro!!!

JoshLandry
03-21-12, 11:11 am
so Yesturday I did chest, lately I've been fighting some really bad tendonitis in my left elbow. It hurts when ever I press pretty much anything heavier I get the more it hurts sucks ass!! so I've really been focussing on a lot of Pre exhausting flys before I hit any presses, and when I do press I focus more on squeezing and reps then lots of weight low reps. It seems to be working pretty wel for me, I was excited becuase I was doing. able crossovers and I can really start to see the striations between my pecs coming in now. So that exciting for me best part of contest prep is just seeing the body morph!! I'll be hitting back today later on one of my lacking body parts I feel and also a fav bodypart to work so I'm pumped!

Kowboy
03-21-12, 11:37 am
Looking good man, been watching you on facebook. excited to see how this goes and plays out for you.

JoshLandry
03-21-12, 1:20 pm
Looking good man, been watching you on facebook. excited to see how this goes and plays out for you.

thanks my man that mean a lot!! all the people from here my face book Twiiter deff all help motivate me to keep pushing hard, I don't want to let you guys down along with myself. so thanks for the follow and deff stay tuned it's gonna get crazy the next few weeks buddy!

Kowboy
03-21-12, 1:23 pm
I will def be watching. I am at the beginning of mine and I love this sport. I have always been athletic, toyed w/ weights here adn there but now I have the burn.

JoshLandry
03-22-12, 10:53 am
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good #StayHumble

Preston
03-23-12, 10:21 am
QUESTION 1

Have you or do you isolation train your forearms? #damn

QUESTION 2

What would you recommend PWO if you're Keto while training, what would your PWO shake look like?

QUESTION 3

What weighted ab workouts do you do, if any?

I can't wait to see what you look like in 10 weeks. It's like I'm reading Frank McGrath's journey all over again. #paperthinskinfortheWIN

Kowboy
03-23-12, 10:24 am
What ab workout would you recommend to get rid of the fat I have below the belly button. I know it is the last to go but if I can help it along that would be awesome.

Justin Randal
03-23-12, 11:34 am
Saw that back pic you posted. Lookin thick bro!

JoshLandry
03-23-12, 1:35 pm
QUESTION 1

Have you or do you isolation train your forearms? #damn

QUESTION 2

What would you recommend PWO if you're Keto while training, what would your PWO shake look like?

QUESTION 3

What weighted ab workouts do you do, if any?

I can't wait to see what you look like in 10 weeks. It's like I'm reading Frank McGrath's journey all over again. #paperthinskinfortheWIN

question 1 I used to do direct forearm wrist curls with the BB behind me and I used to sit with my forearms on my knees and do upper forearm exercises. I haven't done any real forearm work in a few years but I don't use straps on my back day so I get a lot of forearm stimulation from that.

Question 2 on my keto days I oh eat 6 meals a day and I also don't weight train but when I did I would just have BCAA's Pwo and I would go home and eat a real meal. but If you want a post workout shake that would be fine too just no added carbs.

question 3 well I do use some of the an machines in my gym but I don't go super heavy I still maintain 15-25 reps. I also like staring rope ab curls and rope ab curls when your kneeling on the ground.

thanks for all you words man referring to me as my biggest Insperation Frank McGrath honestly made my day!! he's the reason I am who I am today brotha!! I also can't wait to see the package in 10 weeks I'm super pumped here is a pic from this morning weighing 235 back at 10 weeks out
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/3ad89648.jpg

JoshLandry
03-23-12, 1:38 pm
What ab workout would you recommend to get rid of the fat I have below the belly button. I know it is the last to go but if I can help it along that would be awesome.

Abs are more made in the kitchen then with exercise specially lower ab fat, I would recommend extra cardio and I would do leg lifts and weighted leg lifts. try using the roman chair if your gym has one for knee raises. the ab wheel also works really well. Hope this helps buddy

JoshLandry
03-23-12, 1:39 pm
Saw that back pic you posted. Lookin thick bro!

Thanks a lot homie always a work in progress!!

Preston
03-23-12, 2:17 pm
Abs are more made in the kitchen then with exercise specially lower ab fat, I would recommend extra cardio and I would do leg lifts and weighted leg lifts. try using the roman chair if your gym has one for knee raises. the ab wheel also works really well. Hope this helps buddy

Those are sick for abs, for lower abs I like swimmer kicks or putting a whole bosu ball between my feet and raising my legs (keeping them straight) from 1'-3' off the ground and back down letting the ball hover over the ground for a rest of 3 seconds. I also make sure to breathe out while raising to pinch and flex my abs...or what's hidden there, somewhere. If you go too high, you'll feel it in your hips, the idea is to keep the tension on your lower abs. ;)

Mr. Landry hit the nail on the head, diet diet diet and a whole bunch of SUPER FUN cardio.

Kowboy
03-23-12, 5:13 pm
Thanks guys, I have been on a plan for 7 weeks now, 5 weeks to go. The diet is going well and it is finally more of a habit. I will add those to my ab circuit!

JoshLandry
03-24-12, 5:05 pm
just a quick vid of doing some incline curls from today after drinking some of the new shock therapy

http://youtu.be/XkRefVnvQVs

Kowboy
03-24-12, 10:51 pm
Sick bro, def got a pump rolling lol. Nice work

JoshLandry
03-25-12, 9:55 am
thanks man deff can tell a diff when using the new Shock Therapy in the pumps i get

jon4389
03-25-12, 3:25 pm
Hey Josh, I had a question. On your keto days how do you feel energy wise? I tried that one day this week, just cutting out all my carbs except what was in the peanut butter, and protein shakes that I had. My question is do you get super tired on those days or are your energy levels still pretty good? Mine were pretty poor, needless to say I am 2 weeks out from my first contest so my carbs are already pretty low.
Thanks for the help!

JoshLandry
03-25-12, 3:30 pm
Hey Josh, I had a question. On your keto days how do you feel energy wise? I tried that one day this week, just cutting out all my carbs except what was in the peanut butter, and protein shakes that I had. My question is do you get super tired on those days or are your energy levels still pretty good? Mine were pretty poor, needless to say I am 2 weeks out from my first contest so my carbs are already pretty low.
Thanks for the help!

yes Keto will deff make you fell tired the first few days while your body goes through ketosis, but after that you will feel fine and great. i liked the Keto diet myself and i responded well to it. right now though im only doing keto on my 2 off days a week the rest of the days i have carbd all the way thill meal 5 out of 7 meals

JoshLandry
03-25-12, 7:07 pm
OK so its Sunday and i always do calves traps and cardio. i do calves on there own day because at the end of my Leg routine I'm DEAD and there is no way i can do calves. Traps is the same way i like to do multiple exercises for them and i don feel like i can fit them in good enough on shoulder or back day so i just started doing them on there own day. so i used the Hawaiian pump today and as always felt like it work me up and def pumped up my calves as i have a pic I'm gonna post at the end. everything seem to be working awesome and i love the new ST. here is the clave workout i did
calves
Tri set of
seated clave machine
leg press calves press
donkey calve machine 4 sets of 20 reps
then standing calve machine 3 sets 10 reps
traps
smith machine front shrug 5 sets till failure and a drop on the last set
DB shrugs 4 sfailure faillure 2 sets of 30 reps after that
face pulls 4 sets of 20 reps
then 35 min cardio incline treadmill
Calve pump pic need more size but it will come in time BOOM!!
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/1d9a2a88.jpg

jon4389
03-25-12, 8:47 pm
yes Keto will deff make you fell tired the first few days while your body goes through ketosis, but after that you will feel fine and great. i liked the Keto diet myself and i responded well to it. right now though im only doing keto on my 2 off days a week the rest of the days i have carbd all the way thill meal 5 out of 7 meals

Thanks Josh. That helps out a lot. Since this is my first prep I am still figuring out how my body responds to different things and how to fine tune it. 13 days out from the contest so I am getting pretty pumped. Thanks again for the help.

JoshLandry
03-25-12, 8:49 pm
Thanks Josh. That helps out a lot. Since this is my first prep I am still figuring out how my body responds to different things and how to fine tune it. 13 days out from the contest so I am getting pretty pumped. Thanks again for the help.

Anytime bro thats what we are all here for!!! good luck with the show but just rememeber to have fun with it!! you have already won by doing something that 90% of humans cant do remember that!!!

JoshLandry
03-26-12, 8:40 am
Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. #NeverStopPushin

Never stop pushing, never listen to the people that say you can't, Never tell yourself you can't, Never quit, never stop going the extra mile, never stop pursuing your dreams.

I thought anyone reading this would like this swift quick in te butt to keep pushing forward so get after it!! #KillTheWeights

JoshLandry
03-28-12, 7:41 am
sorry guys just been a little busy for the past few days but here I'm back!!!!
ok so today is a High carb day for me, So im pumped to be able to eat some extra food today! today is also my big back day and that's why I'm eating extra today to hopefully put those caleries to good work. It's also my first day with the Grape ape flavor of ST so I'll let everyone know what I think about that! so here's my diet today
Meal 1- 15 whites,*3/4 cup oats 1 grapefruit

Meal 2- 8oz 99% lean ground turkey, 1/4 cup cream of rice and 1 cup greens

Meal 3- 8oz chicken and a 8oz yam

Meal 4 - 2 scoops whey and 50g carbs
Meal 5 -Repeat meal 3
Meal 6- 8oz lean red meat and 1 cup greens
meal 7- 50g whey 1 tbs PB and 1 serving of metamucil

so I'll let you guys know what I think about the grape ape and how my workout goes with the extra carbs!!

ddavis
03-30-12, 12:31 am
Got some good stuff going on in here man, good luck with your prep. Definitely gonna start following along.

How are you liking the new shock therapy? I just got my samples in the mail and can't wait to give them a try.

JoshLandry
03-30-12, 6:40 am
so yesturday was an off day from weights, and all I did was cardio for 35 min. usually every Thursday I also get a deep tissue massage on my upper body to try help it catch up to my wheels. I just stated this a few months ago and think its already helping. here's a pic of the wheels from Yesturday after the massage!
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/d33bdcde.jpg

JoshLandry
03-30-12, 7:02 am
Got some good stuff going on in here man, good luck with your prep. Definitely gonna start following along.

How are you liking the new shock therapy? I just got my samples in the mail and can't wait to give them a try.

thanks a lot for the words of encouregment bro it means a lot! and the new shock therapy is awesome man!! Inlike it a lot, good focus energy, great pumps even on low carbs. Clyde's is my fav flavor then grape ape the. Hawaiian pump!! deff keep following buddy I'm 9 weeks out its gonna start getting crazy!

JoshLandry
03-31-12, 10:15 am
so today is a god send, a day of being a normal guy and eating what ever i want i love days like this!!! so ill keep in touch through out the day on the thinkgs i eat. i still train and do cardio on my cheat days. i will never eat with out training and cardio i feel like you will deff gain fat from doing this. so todays my arm day so i figured i would carb out with some of these

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/ec4361f7.jpg

JoshLandry
03-31-12, 8:39 pm
i quick arm video from today 9 weeks out!!!

http://youtu.be/kYYLxlG3kuY

Seath308
03-31-12, 11:25 pm
i quick arm video from today 9 weeks out!!!

http://youtu.be/kYYLxlG3kuY

Arms are looking jacked Bro keep it up!!

JoshLandry
04-01-12, 1:32 pm
Arms are looking jacked Bro keep it up!!

thanks aot bother that mean more then you know!! words like this help me keep pushing forward to give it my all!! so thanks again!

JoshLandry
04-01-12, 5:45 pm
So on sundays i usaully do trap calves and cardio. i do it this way like ive said before becasue on leg day im too beat to do calves after heavy legs, and i shoulder or back day im also too beat to really do a full trap workout. So i figured why not go to the gym 6 days a week and just do traps and calves together. Its not a super high intensity workout so it just works for me.
calves
standing calve machine 4 sets 10-20 reps
tri set seated calve machine leg press calves and donkey clave machine 4 sets 15-20 reps each
traps
smith machine behind the back shrug 4 sets 10-20reps
seated one arm shrug 4 sets 15 reps last set standing shrug one set 30 reps
face pulls 4 sets 15-20 reps
40 in cardio here a pic of the one handed shrugs i was doing
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/2349a666.jpg

JoshLandry
04-05-12, 5:20 am
so Yesturday I was used as a human science experiment lol I went to a local collage for a friend of mine to her anatomy class. The teacher called me and saw my pictures and wanted to use me to show all the diff human muscles on a real person. It was pretty neat experiment. He had me press against him in varies ways so that certain muscle would POP out so he could show the class. it's was an pretty awesome Experence to be involved in something like that. I gave tham all a few front double bi's and rear double Bi's and they were all pumped about it. And of course I was wearing a Universal track suit gotta represent!! all in all it was a pretty good time!!

Kowboy
04-05-12, 7:37 am
That is pretty awesome. I enjoyed hte pics you put up on facebook yesterday. I know I am a bit older and started late but it helps my motivation for sure. How is the training coming along?

JoshLandry
04-05-12, 7:49 am
That is pretty awesome. I enjoyed hte pics you put up on facebook yesterday. I know I am a bit older and started late but it helps my motivation for sure. How is the training coming along?

Thanks a lot buddy, weather you believe me or not it's guys like you that help keep me on track and motivated as well. Don't worry about starting "late in life". age dosent matter in this sport. your going tithe gym training your ass off to improve yourself and that all that matters bro. if we always thought about what if I did this or that we will wanna rip our hair out. you just have to look ahead instead of behind. think about your goals and reach out toward them, don't worry about the past. what matters is your doing it now right? so keep up the hard work and as you can see by my pics anythings possible!!

JoshLandry
04-05-12, 7:53 am
for anyone out there that's struggling and thinks that some people have it easy, I just wanted to show my before pics so people can see that it's was t easy for me, that input my all into years of training and dedication. This is to show everyone that's struggling to stay on it and anythings possible. I'm an average Joe with average genetics but my hard work has paid off, If I can do it anyone can. never stop pushing
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/transformation.jpg

JoshLandry
04-08-12, 8:53 am
heres a sweet vid of me doing some delts 8 weeks out!!

http://youtu.be/tTu9tmBl6GI

if that dosent work try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5D5HTvYrzk

Solid Dreams
04-08-12, 2:17 pm
Hey Josh, poppin in to put your journey in my subs. Kill it man!

JoshLandry
04-08-12, 4:53 pm
Hey Josh, poppin in to put your journey in my subs. Kill it man!

thanks a lot brotha im gonna be doing some wheels tomarrow so stay tunned im gonna film my workout as well!!!

JoshLandry
04-09-12, 9:22 pm
http://youtu.be/QM75q_leYVs

JoshLandry
04-09-12, 9:23 pm
rear double

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/a4a58b5b.jpg

front double

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/4295f212.jpg

rear lat

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/7c58e900.jpg

JoshLandry
04-15-12, 9:14 pm
these pics are all 7 weeks out!!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/f8757f98.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/2431387a.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/0dd34160.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/e01a8dbd.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/706484f0.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/b8cc61a0.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/7013280d.jpg

JoshLandry
04-22-12, 9:32 pm
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/0254f507.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/2596c591.jpg

one handed shrug video

http://youtu.be/gGdi57rA9vQ

Solid Dreams
04-22-12, 10:00 pm
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/0254f507.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/2596c591.jpg

one handed shrug video

http://youtu.be/gGdi57rA9vQ

Dude! I want to eat the cheat meals you do and end up looking like that. Sick man!

JoshLandry
04-23-12, 10:12 am
lol ya i know buddy, i really dont know what to tell you lol thanks for the compliments bro means a lot

JoshLandry
04-23-12, 9:05 pm
Okay so I met up with my buddy Marc, and my posing coach Kenny Wallach. Kenny Wallach is one of the best in the biz, and helps out many pros (including Evan). So, we posed for about an hour or so. Then marc and I ate a meal and let it digest for about 30 minutes or so before we murdered legs. And here is how the workout went:
Leg extensions 1 leg at a time, then both legs 4 x 20
Verticle leg press 4 x 20
Lying leg curls 4 x 20
Standing leg curls super set with sissy squats - leg curls 12 reps/sissy squats 20
1 century set leg press (for those of you who don't know what that is, that's when you start with 1 plate for 10 reps, add a plate, do 20 reps, add a plate do 30 reps, and the go back down.. 20 reps, and 10 reps .. you can keep going up in as many plates as you want, but you have to keep adding 10 reps)
After that, my legs were fried. I popped 2 nitros and did my second round of 30 minutes cardio.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/900393a2.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/b19e1085.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/a891ee61.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/9329bf9d.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/41d7a372.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/4334b17a.jpg

tark
04-23-12, 9:11 pm
saw your posing pics today man.....looking great! and might have to use that century set for legs this week sounds legit!

JoshLandry
04-24-12, 5:46 pm
saw your posing pics today man.....looking great! and might have to use that century set for legs this week sounds legit!

Yeah man its pretty brutal the higher the plates you go, you just have to remember you have to come back down lol thats why i did it at the end of my workout.

Big C
04-24-12, 9:13 pm
Love me some vertical leg press. Keep shit goin brother dial it in time to do some damage not many can do what u do always keep that in mind..

JoshLandry
04-25-12, 11:17 am
Love me some vertical leg press. Keep shit goin brother dial it in time to do some damage not many can do what u do always keep that in mind..

Yeah man that was my first time ever using it and it felt freaking awesome!! my normal gym doesn't have one so.... Im deff putting my all into this prep i want to make my coach, freinds family and of course Universal proud!!!!

Solid Dreams
04-25-12, 11:41 am
Ah man, you're gonna nail this. Vertical is the one that goes straight up right? I might try that out next time I do leg press, we have one and it looks sick.

JoshLandry
04-26-12, 10:26 pm
Ah man, you're gonna nail this. Vertical is the one that goes straight up right? I might try that out next time I do leg press, we have one and it looks sick.

you should man it was my first time using it and it deff hits parts of the leg i normally dont hit so its a great addition to any leg day

tark
04-28-12, 5:29 pm
josh i used those 1 arm shrugs today and they were the shit!!

JoshLandry
04-28-12, 8:21 pm
josh i used those 1 arm shrugs today and they were the shit!!

Glad you liked them brotha!!!

JoshLandry
04-28-12, 8:22 pm
this is how the workout went

Biceps
plate loaded machine preacher curls 3 warm ups, 2 rest pause working sets (3 rests)
double arm cable machine 3 sets 10-12 last set triple drop set till failure
FST-7 standing EZ curl bar sets 7 x 10-12

Triceps
V bar press down 5x 20
dip machine 4 sets 15-20 last set rest pause (3 rests)
Rope press down 4x15
One handed under hand push down 5x12-15

Popped 2 packs Nitro hit some posing and 30 min cardio

JoshLandry
05-01-12, 10:59 am
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/toobig.jpg

JoshLandry
05-01-12, 11:00 am
Big leg day one step closer to QUADZILLA!!!! here's what i did, a little diff then normal but needed something new for a change

Lying leg curls 4x12
Stiff leg deads 4x15
one leg leg press 3x20 each leg
both leg leg press 3 sets rest pause style 100 reps!!!! boom!!!
Plate loaded squat machine 3x20
leg extensions 3x12
2nd round 30 min cardio
and thats how its done im BEAT
hammies still needs lots of work but they are much improved from last year!!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/a084a866.jpg

JoshLandry
05-02-12, 8:08 pm
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/7290591d.jpg

tark
05-02-12, 9:36 pm
Big leg day one step closer to QUADZILLA!!!! here's what i did, a little diff then normal but needed something new for a change

Lying leg curls 4x12
Stiff leg deads 4x15
one leg leg press 3x20 each leg
both leg leg press 3 sets rest pause style 100 reps!!!! boom!!!
Plate loaded squat machine 3x20
leg extensions 3x12
2nd round 30 min cardio
and thats how its done im BEAT
hammies still needs lots of work but they are much improved from last year!!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/a084a866.jpg

putting in that work my man! keep killing that shit.....

JoshLandry
05-02-12, 9:38 pm
this a posing vid from today still need a lot of work and this is carb depleted and no pump up.

http://youtu.be/uem0Edim2mY

JoshLandry
05-04-12, 7:15 pm
so the coach upped my cardio today to 2 40 min sessions its about to get real!!! 80 mins a day FTW #LeanMachine

JoshLandry
05-04-12, 11:38 pm
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/712f0d8c.jpg

JoshLandry
05-05-12, 8:13 pm
so i'm trying this new less is more idea of traning my arms, since my arms are a weak point in my physique so this was my workout

biceps
Preacher EZ curl 3 warm ups then 2 working sets 3 rest pauses each
incline DB curls 3x8-10 last set triple drop set
FST-7 BB curl 7x10-12

Triceps
Rope push down 4x 15-20 last set 3 rest pauses
Single underhand push down 4x20
Hammer grip press down 4x10-15 last set switched to rope for around 30 reps

scals
05-05-12, 8:15 pm
80 minutes of cardio. Damn lol. Hope that works for your arms bro. Keep killin it!

JoshLandry
05-05-12, 9:50 pm
80 minutes of cardio. Damn lol. Hope that works for your arms bro. Keep killin it!

Yeah buddy 80 min WOOF!!! and yeah man i hope it helps my arms grow they are stubborn bastards!!

scals
05-06-12, 1:19 pm
Yeah buddy 80 min WOOF!!! and yeah man i hope it helps my arms grow they are stubborn bastards!!

My goal this year is not go over 45 mins max. We'll see what happens when I start lol. 24 weeks out, don't need to worry about it quite yet.

Big C
05-06-12, 2:26 pm
How r your guns a weak point bro? I don't see it... anyway, keep it tight and keep grinding these final few weeks out.

JoshLandry
05-07-12, 8:07 pm
How r your guns a weak point bro? I don't see it... anyway, keep it tight and keep grinding these final few weeks out.

Thanks man i just feel like the bi's and Tri's need to POP more in my front double and rear double shots. Just something i want to work on, Ive been dealing with bad tendinitis for a few years witch stops me in my tracks training arms sometimes. i went almost 4 moths with out training arms last year so i feel like they have gotten behind a little and i wan to bring them up.

JoshLandry
05-07-12, 8:09 pm
so im putting together my routine and i would like to keep an old school theme because i really like the old posing of Arnolds time!! so these are all still works in progres's but im starting to get the hang of it.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/3e581115.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/332fe417.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/a05ad9bb.jpg

Solid Dreams
05-08-12, 12:48 am
Thanks man i just feel like the bi's and Tri's need to POP more in my front double and rear double shots. Just something i want to work on, Ive been dealing with bad tendinitis for a few years witch stops me in my tracks training arms sometimes. i went almost 4 moths with out training arms last year so i feel like they have gotten behind a little and i wan to bring them up.

Looking good brother. What did you do to fix your tendinitis? I've read that you should take a 5 pound jug of protein, fill it withs and, and then stick your hand in and open/close it, and then theres rubber bands you can put on your fingers, etc.

Really dont want to get surgery, but also dont want to fuck myself. Those poses look sweet!

JoshLandry
05-08-12, 10:20 am
Looking good brother. What did you do to fix your tendinitis? I've read that you should take a 5 pound jug of protein, fill it withs and, and then stick your hand in and open/close it, and then theres rubber bands you can put on your fingers, etc.

Really dont want to get surgery, but also dont want to fuck myself. Those poses look sweet!

Honestly for my tendinitis i just give myself time off, that the best remedy for it. ive worked through it in the past and it ended up biting me in the ass and not going away forever. so now i listen to my body more if i have a weird ache or pain i wont do an eercise where when i was younger i would blast through it. there no need to injury yourself worse so that you can lift at all that my take on it.

thanks for the props on the posing man im trying to get the old skool ones down i like that generation a lot!!!

C.Coronato
05-09-12, 11:56 am
Still killing it bro!

JoshLandry
05-10-12, 11:11 am
Still killing it bro!

thanks brotha im trying my best!!

JoshLandry
05-10-12, 11:11 am
so i just wanted to give a little update with how im feeling and how preps going. well im 3 weeks 2 days out. Im feeling good about the way i look, still a little behind in my opinion but 3 weeks will fix that. Mentally prep is starting to take a toll on me, as it should, if it was easy everyone would do it. AM cardio is getting slower and slower as i just cant keep up with the fast pace i used to do. Im starting to feel hypo at times, where i feel my blood sugar is getting low. My workouts are slower getting weaker and less drive/energy to really push it like in the off season. Im a trooper and by no means am i bitching at all just letting people know how im feeling and whats going on. They always say the more your suffer the closer to first place you come!!

I also have started working on my posing routine. Its coming along slow but sure, i love the old school bodybuilding generation of Arnold's time so im going to try to incorporate a lot of old school poses into my routine. im very excited to do this. Most old school poses are a lot of bicep poses and that one on my weakest body parts so im going to try and make some of them work the best i can.

Solid Dreams
05-10-12, 11:16 am
You go for it bro! You have the intestinal fortitude to pull it off, and I know you're going to do well.

Have you been practicing the vacuum? That always looks pretty sick!

JoshLandry
05-27-12, 4:25 pm
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/6cc7b26b.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/40a896ee.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/856db57e.jpg

GUNS
05-27-12, 4:38 pm
Didnt know you had this over here, subbed for this!

JoshLandry
05-28-12, 8:36 am
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/jimmy4.jpg

Solid Dreams
05-28-12, 12:28 pm
Got some sick lats popping bro!

scals
05-29-12, 8:04 pm
Getting close bro!!!

C.Coronato
05-30-12, 11:06 am
Jimmy is a beast!

Great pics bro!

JoshLandry
05-31-12, 5:39 pm
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/d23c067b.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/a11660f5.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/5281f670.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/6d0a00c1.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/65462437.jpg

Solid Dreams
05-31-12, 10:42 pm
Hey bro, do us proud, I know you will. You're the man, looking sick!

JoshLandry
06-05-12, 7:03 am
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/f474e31b.jpg

The Quad Freak Boom

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/ad9496fd.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/760fac86.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/04f44cb9.jpg

JoshLandry
06-08-12, 11:20 am
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/49f93a3f.jpg

JoshLandry
06-08-12, 11:21 am
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/ff2605ee.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/d5760e59.jpg

Solid Dreams
06-08-12, 12:11 pm
Looks good bud, sorry to hear you didn't place, shenanigans were obviously involved..

JoshLandry
06-08-12, 12:25 pm
so ima happy camper today becuase this guy gets Carbs!!! this is my diet for the day Hell yeah!!

Meal 1- 10 whites 2 whole*1/2 cup oats 1 grapefruit

Meal 2- 8oz 99% lean ground turkey 1 cup greens 6oz yam*

Meal 3- 9oz chicken and a cup greens 1/4 cup cream of rice

Meal 4 - 9oz chicken and cup greens 6oz yam*

Meal 5 post workout- 50g whey, 20g Glutamine

Meal 6- 8ozoz lean red meat and a cup greens*

meal 7- 50g whey 1 serving of metamucil

Kowboy
06-08-12, 1:48 pm
Looks good bud, sorry to hear you didn't place, shenanigans were obviously involved..

I too would like to call shenanigans

JoshLandry
06-10-12, 4:58 pm
So i still have a TON of improvements that need to be made but this is what im working with in 6 days hop you like. this was no pump and very flat.

http://youtu.be/oJjYMRVUpAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJjYMRVUpAs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JoshLandry
06-11-12, 4:49 am
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/120f1a8f.jpg

JoshLandry
06-12-12, 11:36 am
4 days out carb depleted 224.6 am weight yep Let's Go

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/59285d71.jpg

GUNS
06-12-12, 12:15 pm
You look a little dryer than your last show in your glutes and lower back. The next few days should make it even better! Almost there Josh!

JoshLandry
06-13-12, 8:10 am
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/8d8d535f.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/thequadfreak.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/84475758.jpg

JoshLandry
06-21-12, 9:11 pm
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/4191d29c.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/64bd675e.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/4e6e2bbe.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/91ab536b.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/d0aca59f.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/75aaa224.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/5019d96f.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/b905a169.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/9f49aaa0.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/gstracer/104cdc41.jpg

JoshLandry
06-26-12, 4:25 pm
Anyone that is also on UniversalUSA forum check out my thread Road To Redemption. It's my all in one off season contest prep thread thanks everyone!!

http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Forum/Train/Universal-Athlete-Contest-Prep/Road-to-Redemption

tark
06-26-12, 8:22 pm
josh are you going to have an off season thread on here as well?

JoshLandry
06-26-12, 9:15 pm
yes i will continue to update on this thread as well, as im still in prep for next year!!