PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's about stinkin' time.. Deanna's View from the Cage

deanna7272
03-16-12, 4:19 am
**Finally got this written up, was going to post it Tuesday and then the power went out!! I have been in the Boston Blackout all week!! No power, no Internet, and no hot water... Let's just say, I could NEVER be Amish...lol **

My experience at The Cage this year has one again surpassed all that I could have expected. I usually have to work late on Thursday, doing parent teacher conferences, so I don't get to Cbus until almost midnight. This year, I took the day off and was able to make it early. Excited to see everyone, I rushed into town, unpacked, grabbed a shower and headed off to train at Metro. As I pulled in, I thought that I would be kind and let the other Animals pulling in know that they need to pay the parking... A few years ago, I skipped out on the $3 fee and proceeded to come out to a $50 ticket!! Well, being ahead of the game, I told the guys, we all paid and went about our way.

Went in to train and was met at the door by Phil, open arms and info to get me in the door. Walking in, I was in awe again, wall to wall Animals! I proceeded back to my cubby under the stairs and headed out to train. As soon as I emerged, ran into Enforcer and Madcat... Wow, Enforcer looking huge AND lean! What a difference and just since I saw him in December... Looking around, I didn't see Wycked or Big Al, so I didn't know what to train... Trained legs and finished cardio. By this time, everyone had gone and I was the last one standing (contest prep ya know...lol).

As I was leaving, BamBam and his buddies were in the lot, I jokingly asked if they got tickets, one did. As I walked around my Jeep I DID TOO!! Ugh... Oh well, I had my receipt, all is good (still fighting the ticket...lol) and I was off to my hotel for some PWO grub.

As I near the exit, I see a patrol car, I thought "wow, must've been an accident". No, the patrol was there because they SHUT THE FREEWAY DOWN!! I drove around for almost an hour, crying, scared, hungry and frustrated!! I had my whole night planned out, nice hot shower, kicked up in my room, all comfy cozy...NOT! After circling the same route 3x I stopped at the gas station and asked how to get to my hotel. The nice young lady said, "Oh honey, it's easy...". Really?? Does it look like it's easy... I have tears streaming down my face. She felt terrible for me and sent me on my way. BTW, I was only one exit away from my hotel, about 4 minutes and I was "home." I finally made it back, got my PWO yummies in, showered and settled in for the night.

Onto Friday, opening day!! I was about 30 minutes late, but they had already run out of the Cage T's... Wow, I just figured I would go ahead and get mine Saturday morning, since I would be there early. Seminars began, House detailing how he does it working full time, coaching X, being a husband and Daddy along with being a Pro. He definitely has a handle on things, kudos, it CAN'T be easy. A bit later, Vinny started his seminar and I heard, "Deanna, get in here, you need to be in here.". Uh oh... Was I going to have to say something?? Whew... No talking, but boy was I listening. Vinny spoke about giving the body a break, backing off in the offseason, spending too much time in the gym (all of which I know too much about, but Vinny knows I am a creature of habit and well, how do you say it, THICK HEADED....lol). It was a filled day, so awesome getting to see friends that I missed dearly, meeting new faces, and getting to catch up with friends that I only see at the Arnold.

Speaking of Arnold, every year it seems when Arnold comes by, I am inside the Cage and end up with pics showing more Cage than Arnold. I just happened to be out in front to see him up close and personal... I had a video rolling, camera snapping frenzy going on..lol. It was a whirlwind, but seeing Frank's face when he was busting out those forearms was awesome. Like I said, he looked like a kid in a candy store, love it!! I got a kick out of Higa pulling off the self portrait with Arnold... Thank goodness he didn't use a duckface...lol

Training Friday night, again off the hook!! Packed and bros were stacked... Along with the lovely DLB... Ya know, I wouldn't mind being her when I grow up...lol. Great gal, and her hubby was a hoot!! Trained back and bis, as much as I could, hit cardio after everyone left and headed back for the night... Found my way like nothing this time...

Saturday was my day to intern, we met Nix in the hall for our passes and went in to prepare for the madness... And just so you know, I make a damn pretty "Tom Fuller"...lol Grabbed my Cage shirt and LE shirts, and thank God because at 9:04 the Cage shirts were gone!! NUTS!! I was working the bench your body weight and helping off and on in the Shop. I covered for MD to have a bite (yes, he did leave to grab a bite to eat, ONCE...lol).

At noon, we were doing the Black in Black Event and Rob asked if I could cover the Shop, so that the guys could get in the event. Sure, no problem, so I went to The Shop and got ready to sell... Out of nowhere Christian comes around the corner and yells, "Dee, we need you in here!" He throws me a shirt, I put it on over my white staff shirt and away I went. Vinny had the mic, had us quieted down and we then had our moment of silence for Nick Winters (RIP) and then G took over. He starts to talk about the ABC's, what we do, why we do it, and then proceeded to say that there were stand out chapters here in the Midwest that they were recognizing. Holy crap!! Is that why I am here?? Getting nervous, my heart was racing, then BOOM.... He started with Rob in Detroit, one of the oldest chapters, spreading the word, living the life, etc... Then onto a chapter, he stated, HERE IN OHIO... Holy moly, really??? He said my name!!! He spoke of my Jersey trips (gotcha...lol) and the events and such that the Ohio Valley has, etc... My <3, my passion, recognized!!! How freaking cool!!! And last but not least, Phil from Chicago, again with the events, the life, the brotherhood formed from his hard work... We were presented with black ABC hoodies with our Chapter names on them! Soooo awesome! Of course, the tears came, I am SO honored to be a part of a family that is above and beyond ANY words could describe. You all have been a major part of me since that cold January day in 2008 when I that up my first ABC. Meeting Vinny there in Cbus was a chance thing and from that time on, I was hooked. It felt like HOME and has become my solace for the hard times that followed. The ABC's, my brothers here, and above all else Animal/Universal kept me sane when the normal chick would've cracked. I love you all, always will, and no matter what, FAMILY FIRST... THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE RECOGNITION... I had NO idea it was coming, you have no idea what you have built inside me and if ever I can be called upon for anything, I'm here, ready and willing, just say the word.

The National ABC... Holy shitballs!! Packed wall to wall, the intensity could be felt in the air!! Anxious to get in there, was a little late, I went to my cubby, got ready and hit up some shoulders and tris. Was going to train tris with Scals, but timing wasn't there and we missed each other. Next year?? It's a date!! I could go on and on about the ABC, others have already, but one thing I will say... IF YOU CAN'T GET TO ANY OTHER ABC ALL YEAR, MAKE SURE YOU GET TO THIS ONE!! There is NO way that you can describe the intensity, camaraderie, and just over the top training that goes on... It is an experience you won't soon forget and will leave you wanting MORE!! Hell, the entire weekend leaves me wanting more, from Thursday night on through... How do they say it, "just can't get enough!!"

Ahhhh.... Sunday.... I mean Awwww Sunday... Such a bittersweet day... Everyone and their brother's asses are whipped, but in the back of our minds NONE of us want it to end... I have to say this.... The intensity NEVER stops!! Evan came in to talk after placing 3rd in the Arnold... Listen, I shit you not, sitting there listening to him talk, how much he has "grown" since I first met him is amazing. I have always been intrigued with the nutrition/supp knowledge that Evan has, but hearing him talk so matter of fact about what the body needs is impressive. He talked about taking a detox, resting, etc. Absolute truth... He spoke to us about the importance of heath and listening to your body. He knows his shit, I admire that. ((And just saying, I had ya takin first also Evan...lol)) Congrats on your past year Evan, a new baby girl, life changes, new opportunities, new successes, etc... The seminars still go strong, the Cage never settles until the security guys go through and say, Expo is over GO HOME...lol.

Before closing, I want to say that each year I leave the Arnold more and more intrigued and impressed with powerlifting!! It's not something that I was brought up around, it was always bodybuilding, but I have a new found interest in it. Seeing the lifts just blows my mind, completely. I am not a strong girl per se, and seeing the ladies like Ambre, Kathy, and Jessica in that Cage doing their thing, I am blown away. Kudos to you ladies for kickin' MAJOR ASS in there!! Sooo impressed to say the least!! Now, the fellas, holy moly shitballs! (that is a good thing...lol). The weight, pulled, pressed, and squatted is f'ing unreal... Ant pulling 600 at like 135, Sam's no hands, hmmmm Sammy No Hands??? Sounds gangster...lol. Eric, David, Bobby, Higa, and Hoss's STOOPID weights... lol. And again getting to see Henri's smiling face every year is a highlight... Love when Skiba's crew and Westside join forces... Look out.... (to those I didn't mention, I apologize, I'm trying to wrap it up...lol).

Anyway, another whirlwind year in the books, still talking about it, friends getting really annoyed, but I don't give 2 shits because it's me, it's a part of me, it's always going to be and if that's not okay, get outta my way... Thank you to the family, friends, athletes, Pros, bros/sisters, and all others involved in making this weekend the highlight of my year. Sorry if I didn't mention everyone, I would never slight anyone on purpose, not my nature, you know that...lol I always say that I can't put it into words, yet I type a shitload of them, but if you have never been there, you just DON'T know!! Why do you think that when everyone writes about their Cage experiences, everyone's is different?? Because you CAN'T put into words what it means to you...lol. Thanks for sticking it out, waiting on my ramblings, and being a part of something that few know, many want, and WE HAVE... A Brotherhood Beyond Compare!!

smoothballer
03-16-12, 8:15 am
Dee, it is always great to see you. You really hit the nail on the head with your write-up.

Razor
03-16-12, 8:31 am
Always love your Cage write ups Dee! It was awesome seeing you again! Wish it happened more...

Aggression
03-16-12, 8:49 am
Awesome. That is all.

Kowboy
03-16-12, 8:54 am
It was great to meet you in person, I can't wait for the next cbus ABC.

Madcat
03-16-12, 9:02 am
Always a pleasure to see you Dee, you're one of the original Animal family members I ever met so I always love seeing you and catching up. Hopefully the Cinci ABC works out for both of us and we can spend some time chatting there too. Good luck with prep!!

Christman
03-16-12, 9:49 am
Dee, it was a pleasure to meet you in the cage while I was interning on Friday. Perhaps we'll run into each other at an ABC before the next Arnold and I'll be sure to say hi.

DanTheMan
03-17-12, 11:16 am
finally good to meet ya D! and shootin the shit with ya while you're trying to get a set of triceps in lol. best of luck on your journey back to the stage!

Phil800101
03-18-12, 7:51 pm
Amazing time as always Dee, always great to see/work/hang out with ya!

Mr. Dead
03-18-12, 8:16 pm
It was truly great to see ya again, Dee...!!! And, thank you for covering for my lunch... My 1 lunch break... *LOL* Thank goodness for Proteon bars...!!!

deanna7272
03-20-12, 10:34 am
Dee, it is always great to see you. You really hit the nail on the head with your write-up.

Thanks, you too buddy!! Should be seeing ya again SOON!!

Always love your Cage write ups Dee! It was awesome seeing you again! Wish it happened more...

Absolutely... Next year, let's make a date.... FOR AN UPDATED PIC!! Lol

Awesome. That is all.

That's is all that I am... ;)

It was great to meet you in person, I can't wait for the next cbus ABC.

Ohhhhh yea!!!

Always a pleasure to see you Dee, you're one of the original Animal family members I ever met so I always love seeing you and catching up. Hopefully the Cinci ABC works out for both of us and we can spend some time chatting there too. Good luck with prep!!

Yep, you are one of the original cats that kept me here... The ABC is after my show, I should be there, I am in town...lol.

Dee, it was a pleasure to meet you in the cage while I was interning on Friday. Perhaps we'll run into each other at an ABC before the next Arnold and I'll be sure to say hi.

Same to you... You had the corner traffic under control!!! Now, if I can just stop knocking Ant over...lol.

finally good to meet ya D! and shootin the shit with ya while you're trying to get a set of triceps in lol. best of luck on your journey back to the stage!

'bout time...lol. Interrupt anytime, or at least spot me so it appears that I am working hard...lol

Amazing time as always Dee, always great to see/work/hang out with ya!.

My one line motivator!! Thanks for always having my back and looking out for me... Great job working hard for the movement, true hearts bleed alike!!

It was truly great to see ya again, Dee...!!! And, thank you for covering for my lunch... My 1 lunch break... *LOL* Thank goodness for Proteon bars...!!!

I figured the boys were gonna hang ya out to dry, so I better step up...lol. Actually, I was requested to relieve ya and of course I had ya covered... Thanks for all you do for the movement also buddy...

C.Coronato
03-20-12, 1:43 pm
ALWAYS a pleasure Dee. Hope to see you soon!!

deanna7272
03-20-12, 3:55 pm
ALWAYS a pleasure Dee. Hope to see you soon!!

Thanks doll... You've been such an amazing help with my chapter's successes... Thank you... Would love to get ya'll back to the Valley at some point.... OR I can always trek back to NJ, summer IS right around the corner...he he he

Enforcer
03-20-12, 9:20 pm
It was great to see you D and get to catch up. I wish you all the best with your show prep and I know u are goin to kill it up there on stage

Razor
03-20-12, 9:43 pm
Thanks, you too buddy!! Should be seeing ya again SOON!!

Absolutely... Next year, let's make a date.... FOR AN UPDATED PIC!! Lol

HAHAHAHA definitely!! Still can't believe we forgot to do that!

TheGreatWhite
03-20-12, 9:55 pm
Excellent write up D! You deserve the recognition you got that weekend for making the Ohio Valley ABC and the movement in general what it is. You've earned your keep. As always, it's a pleasure to see you! I'll have to make it up for an ABC in your neck of the woods sometime!

deanna7272
03-20-12, 11:35 pm
It was great to see you D and get to catch up. I wish you all the best with your show prep and I know u are goin to kill it up there on stage

Awwww, thanks, you too E... Always great spending time with, and shootin' the shit with ya!! Can't believe your time is almost here, the past couple of weeks have flown. Can't wait to see and hear how it goes, I have no doubt that you're gonna ruin somebody's day!!

HAHAHAHA definitely!! Still can't believe we forgot to do that!

Me?? Forget to take pics, never... Well, just this once...lol. Won't happen again, mister...lol

Excellent write up D! You deserve the recognition you got that weekend for making the Ohio Valley ABC and the movement in general what it is. You've earned your keep. As always, it's a pleasure to see you! I'll have to make it up for an ABC in your neck of the woods sometime!

Thanks and THANKS!! I can't do enough to show my allegiance, other than spreading the word and living the life... I guess living it is all that it takes, but I want others to know that there are people just like us that we can connect with. Not many "get" it OR "get" us... We are just the lucky ones to have found each other...lol

naturalguy
03-21-12, 9:06 am
D, you are a part of what makes the Cage special. Thanks for interning and helping us out.

deanna7272
03-27-12, 6:17 am
D, you are a part of what makes the Cage special. Thanks for interning and helping us out.

<3....

The Cage keeps it real for me... Gives me that reason to be a better me... Makes me a better me... It's forever a part of me...

Thank you...