PDA

View Full Version : Off week?

Operator
03-18-12, 10:35 pm
I feel lethargic all day long, not just in the gym. My lack of motivation showing when Im lifting, the preworkouts arnt even cutting it. Been lifting for 5-7 months straight, 5 days a week. I feel like I have hit a plateau, especially for chest and shoulders. Is it time for an off week? or should I be doing something different to break a plateau?

BigChrisF
03-19-12, 12:04 am
Sounds like it to me. You would know better than anyone if there was some extra activity or lack of sleep that would cause this. If not, take a week off and see if you feel better. Taking a week off occasionally will rarely be a detriment to your training.

Aggression
03-19-12, 9:01 am
Only you know if you're overtrained or not. Personally, I'd take a week off. Rest up, life a normal life, eat some dirty foods, go to sleep early, meet up with some friends. It'll refresh your soul. Don't worry about your muscle. Muscle won't break down in just 7 days, it takes weeks for it to atrophy. So relax for a bit. Take your basic supplements; multi, joints, protein powder. Break from the rest. I usually cut out creatine, stimulants, and other stuff for a whole cleanse. Once the next week rolls around, you'll be salivating at the opportunity to train again, and your fire will be burning bright once again.

Ady
03-19-12, 3:28 pm
Listen to your body, sounds like a week off wouldn't hurt at all, may give you a chance to refocus that energy you have previously had and start ripping it up again!

braves561
03-19-12, 3:50 pm
I haven't taken a week off in six years since I started training. I'm sure I'm very very very overdue. I just can't bring myself to taking a full week out of the gym.

Fearless Rabbit
03-20-12, 8:52 am
Use those days smart - sleep a lot, eat protein-rich whole foods, and do some light cardio maybe, such as walking, swimming, etc. But first of all, enjoy it!

C.Coronato
03-20-12, 1:37 pm
I just finished my full week off. I started back at the gym and at first i was a little beat up, but a few days in i feel great. It is something that 100% of people need to take.

Jay
03-20-12, 5:53 pm
Only you know if you're overtrained or not. Personally, I'd take a week off. Rest up, life a normal life, eat some dirty foods, go to sleep early, meet up with some friends. It'll refresh your soul. Don't worry about your muscle. Muscle won't break down in just 7 days, it takes weeks for it to atrophy. So relax for a bit. Take your basic supplements; multi, joints, protein powder. Break from the rest. I usually cut out creatine, stimulants, and other stuff for a whole cleanse. Once the next week rolls around, you'll be salivating at the opportunity to train again, and your fire will be burning bright once again.

this. I am taking next week off. No gym. Eating when I feel like it. Zero supplements. I'll do that from saturday to saturday. Then introduce some supps. atomic 7, pro./oats etc. better eating... lighter weights.. then following week ill start off with the new shock therapy.