PDA

View Full Version : Delicious Canned Tuna?

Aggression
03-19-12, 9:07 am
Yup. Most of us eat canned tuna b/c its a cheap, quick protein. Do we love the taste? You'd be lying if you say yes. Some don't mind it, others gag it down. I needed a quick bite this weekend, and since I'm not consuming carbs on off-days, it needed some quality pro/fats. I found two cans of tuna and made this up ..

2 cans of tuna
2tbsp KRAFT Mayo w/ Olive Oil
2tbsp Frank's Buffalo Sauce

I can honestly say that it was damn good. Try it out.

Christman
03-19-12, 9:12 am
Did you use Albacore or the cheaper stuff?

-Domi

Bruiser
03-19-12, 9:17 am
Yup. Most of us eat canned tuna b/c its a cheap, quick protein. Do we love the taste? You'd be lying if you say yes. Some don't mind it, others gag it down. I needed a quick bite this weekend, and since I'm not consuming carbs on off-days, it needed some quality pro/fats. I found two cans of tuna and made this up ..

2 cans of tuna

Sorry man. I can't believe it. Because "delicious" and "tuna" are two words that just don't belong together... Ughhh. Here's MY best recipe for making tuna delicious...

1 can of tuna
1 package of Pop Tarts
16 oz choc milk

Open the can of tuna, throw it away, eat the Pop Tarts and wash it down with the choc milk.

LOL

Aggression
03-19-12, 9:27 am
Did you use Albacore or the cheaper stuff?
-Domi

solid albacore

Sorry man. I can't believe it. Because "delicious" and "tuna" are two words that just don't belong together... Ughhh. Here's MY best recipe for making tuna delicious...

1 can of tuna
1 package of Pop Tarts
16 oz choc milk

Open the can of tuna, throw it away, eat the Pop Tarts and wash it down with the choc milk.

LOL

I read the ingredient and was like, 'what the hell', and then it made sense when I read your 'directions', haha.

Don't knock it 'til you try it, B.

jb3198
03-19-12, 10:18 am
Instead of Franks... Been using Sarachi (rooster sauce we call it) SO GOOD!

G Diesel
03-19-12, 10:32 am
Instead of Franks... Been using Sarachi (rooster sauce we call it) SO GOOD!

Sriracha will fix any recipe. And I agree with Aggression, tuna doesn't have to taste awful.

That said, I tend to open the can and with a few spoonfuls and a beverage choke a can down in a couple of gulps.

Peace, G

TigerAce01
03-19-12, 11:38 am
I've had tuna shakes a few times. Kinda gives me shivers thinking about it...

But, the recipe sounds good. I've probably had it at one time or another, back in college I ate tuna almost exclusively when I wasn't in the Caf.

-Ace

mritter3
03-19-12, 11:45 am
recipe sounds decent aggression...may have to give it a whirl.

C.Coronato
03-19-12, 12:26 pm

1 can of tuna
1 package of Pop Tarts
16 oz choc milk

LOL

Im down with this one hahaha.

Bruiser
03-19-12, 2:21 pm
Im down with this one hahaha.

I was hoping that would get the Coronato seal of approval...

C.Coronato
03-20-12, 2:08 pm
I was hoping that would get the Coronato seal of approval...

haha of course!

Shark52
03-21-12, 3:13 am
Am i the only one that actually likes the taste of tuna?! I usually use bumble bee tuna and eat it dry or throw some veggies in a bowl. but today i picked up chicken of the sea. This is what i made.

1 Can of Chicken of the Sea
1 Handful of spinach leafes
1 TBSP franks red hot sauce

Aggression
03-21-12, 8:28 am
1 TBSP franks red hot sauce

This can fix any meal at all.

CarrieAnnSimmons
03-23-12, 4:47 pm
- can of tuna (I use the cheap sh!t)
- 1 to 2 servings of Quinoa (feel free to sub brown or white rice)
- chopped cucumbers and tomatoes
- couple squeezes of lime juice

G Diesel
03-23-12, 5:06 pm
- can of tuna (I use the cheap sh!t)
- 1 to 2 servings of Quinoa (feel free to sub brown or white rice)
- chopped cucumbers and tomatoes
- couple squeezes of lime juice

That looks really good, CAS. Welcome back.

Today, I just threw a tblsp of Mister Mustard (Google it kids) on my plain chunk light and it was really, surprisingly tasty.

Peace, G

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
03-23-12, 5:11 pm
That looks really good, CAS. Welcome back.

Today, I just threw a tblsp of Mister Mustard (Google it kids) on my plain chunk light and it was really, surprisingly tasty.

Peace, G

Always do tuna and mustard. Sometimes I even eat it on wheat thins.

Big Byrd
03-23-12, 8:05 pm
i do lowfat mayo w/ olive oil, sweet relish, jalapenos, and croutons for nice crunchy texture. Just ate it a few minutes ago as a matter of fact. And i eat an apple for carbs... u know what they say, an apple a day. so far so good

Loomis
03-26-12, 8:52 am
So, me in my infinite wisdom picked up one of those BIG cans of tuna... i figured more for less $. I eat 1 can of tuna everyday, but I'm worried if i crack this bad boy open, it go bad before i finish it.

Obviously I plan on throwing it in Tupperware, and refrigerate it, and take what I need, when I need it. You guys think this will keep?

Aggression
03-26-12, 8:53 am
So, me in my infinite wisdom picked up one of those BIG cans of tuna... i figured more for less $. I eat 1 can of tuna everyday, but I'm worried if i crack this bad boy open, it go bad before i finish it.

Obviously I plan on throwing it in Tupperware, and refrigerate it, and take what I need, when I need it. You guys think this will keep?

It should keep for a few days, but I wouldn't leave it in there for a week +.

Loomis
03-26-12, 9:29 am
a few days... uh-oh.

I'm guessing @ 1 can a day, I probably have about 10 -12 servings of it. Looks like I might need to up it to 2 a day. Tuna makes a good bed time snack, right?

Big Byrd
03-26-12, 9:46 am
u can freeze half in the water and then thaw it. the unthawed will be good 4-5 days. Frozen will keep a while if needed

Loomis
03-26-12, 10:31 am
good tip! do you suggest i split the water between the thawed half and the frozen, or toss it all in the freezer?

Joe J
03-28-12, 4:51 pm
When I was real tight not so long ago, I used to do this every morning:

1 can of tuna
4 whole eggs
Pint of whole milk
1 cup oats

Blend, down it and try fucking hard not to throw up.

B.D.Smash
04-17-12, 2:49 am
solid albacore

I read the ingredient and was like, 'what the hell', and then it made sense when I read your 'directions', haha.

Don't knock it 'til you try it, B.

hahahaha...my girlfriend read the ingredients over my shoulder and nearly puked down onto the Keyboard

Best thing i've done with canned tuna,

1 can of Tuna
half clove of garlic
1 birds eye chilli
teaspoon of macadamia nut oil or rice bran oil
salt and pepper

stir it all together.

Great for keeping vampires and females away.

MRmichael.hooker
04-17-12, 7:34 pm
I use to eat a lot of tuna w/ reduced fat cheezits crushed in

fenix237
04-23-12, 8:01 am
this is a classic w a little twist

mix whatever tuna w cream of mushroom and some type of pasta or rice- then sprinkle some crushed red pepper- sometimes i add broccoli as well...cheap tasty and fast

marlonroldan
06-18-12, 10:44 am
after eating 6 cans a day for 2 1/2 months, with an AWESOME tasting protein shake after each meal, i got really tired of the taste and was ALMOST not able to stomach it anymore. so i saw some CALAMANSI aka CALAMONDIN lying around and i decided to try something out.

1 can tuna 5oz (drained), squeeze (1) CALAMANSI on top. then flavor, to taste, with BLACK PEPPER and CAYENNE PEPPER, stir and devour.
then i have my shake after.

255cal
4g fat
5g carb
50g protein

try it out and let me know what you think.

Rad
06-21-12, 3:48 am
ughh... canned tuna is rough but easy nutrition. I have to take a bite, swig a bunch of water and just swallow it like a pill. I was doing 4-6 cans a day (2-3 meals) and that ruined canned tuna for me

(the smell reminds me of a girl I knew....)

Kill i oughtta
06-26-12, 11:50 pm
i have it in the middle of the night sometimes if i want something quick otherwise i risk reaching for the bag of cheesy puffs =]

Big Green
07-09-12, 6:45 am
So its like Tuna is the poison here! Cnt chug it down ??
i love it ! A can a day straight out the can into a bowl of pasta or just plain .
I just live by the Animal way , eat like an Animal, you b*tchin abt your food being cold or not tasting good enough . Rem "ANIMAL"
LOL!! Okay i knw its not for everyone but get it down .
M sure ya'll dnt p*ssy around when you step inside that gym. You can put it down against them plates of metal , whats a can of fish ....
I just put down a home made tinfish pie . Loaded with 2 cans of tinfish ( sardines ) just wrapped in a thin pastry and baked for 20 mins.

Man up dnt play with ya food

G Diesel
07-09-12, 8:58 am
So its like Tuna is the poison here! Cnt chug it down ??
i love it ! A can a day straight out the can into a bowl of pasta or just plain .
I just live by the Animal way , eat like an Animal, you b*tchin abt your food being cold or not tasting good enough . Rem "ANIMAL"
LOL!! Okay i knw its not for everyone but get it down .
M sure ya'll dnt p*ssy around when you step inside that gym. You can put it down against them plates of metal , whats a can of fish ....
I just put down a home made tinfish pie . Loaded with 2 cans of tinfish ( sardines ) just wrapped in a thin pastry and baked for 20 mins.

Man up dnt play with ya food

Good post, Big Green. That's the right attitude.

Peace, G

Big Green
07-10-12, 7:07 am
Good post, Big Green. That's the right attitude.

Peace, G

Word bro ! Just trying to keep it real as possible.
Peace out !

hammer
07-25-12, 8:23 pm
just downed a tuna sandwich...spiced the hell out of it, mayo, bread, dont throw up and keep it moving. we all sure as hell don't eat for taste, good tasting food is a luxury to animals.

Christman
07-25-12, 9:24 pm
we all sure as hell don't eat for taste, good tasting food is a luxury to animals.

So much truth in this.

Wycked
07-26-12, 12:31 am

2 cans of tuna

U are one sick fucker. Canned tuna is gross unless u mix it with miracle whip till it looks like dry wall paste lmfao. U can all puke now lol

World Eater
07-26-12, 2:12 pm
I'm with Big Green, I love tuna straight outta the can or on a couple slices of bread... That's all it needs.

Ox
08-05-12, 4:47 pm
Balsamic vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar help it go down. Open the can and then fill with as much vinegar as the can will allow.

Either that or load it with so much mayo you forget you're eating tuna.

Then again, there are SOME brands of yellowfin that come packed in oil that are actually damn good. Most are from Italy are considerably more expensive but taste wise, they don't have much in common with regular old albacore. It's worth it once in a while.

G Diesel
08-06-12, 12:44 pm
I've noticed mustard (Mister Mustard, Kosciusko, Grey Poupon, etc) goes a long way in making a typical can of tuna palatable.

It tastes good and adds negligible calories.

Peace, G

Noob Saibot
08-06-12, 2:25 pm
Take some avacodo, diced onion, salt n pepper. Mash together into a spread. Put that on some toast, can of tuna with some mayo or prepared as you like, delicious sandwich.

Enforcer
09-23-12, 12:11 pm

2 cans of tuna

When I was tight on money in college, canned tuna was the way to go. One of my fav. tuna meals was:

2 cans of Tuna
1 cup of white or brown rice
1-2 tablespoons of bbq sauce (was big intro KC Masterpiece back then...Ronnie Coleman style)

In Flames
10-03-12, 9:17 am
Can of Tuna (I buy Starkist, the cheap kind that come in packs of 4)
Mayo w/ Olive Oil
Celery
Onion
Relish
Pepper
Louisiana Hot Sauce

I'll make a couple of cans this way in tupperware the night before so it's super cold the next day.