PDA

View Full Version : H.I.T Thread

Joe J
03-21-12, 5:32 pm
Just seeing if any of you guys also prefer the high intensity/low volume approach to training and what your thoughts are?

I've been training Dorian Yates style for around 2 years now and will never look back. In my mind there is no other way I would train.

I actually got the chance last year to go and train back with the man himself... it was an insane experience to say the least.

Sean_Warrior
03-22-12, 9:11 am
I don't think there's a better way to train (for me). But i do break it up, say, once in a while with a higher volume week just to break it up and give my head a rest.

MR.TeachFreak
03-22-12, 9:33 am
I prefer it and have done it in various styles. Doggcrapp, Yates style among others. I also use a HIT or HIIT style for cardio as well.

zubda345
03-24-12, 11:32 am
ALWAYS HIT! Always high intensity!

when I was 16 I strated training and the 1st year I was not serious and overtime when I got serious and learnt techniques and my body and got more knowledge about this field I came to know that HIT works better for me than anything... I used to prefer Low intensity training But since I started doing HIT there alot of changes (better changes) I can see in my self!

Don't think it's funny cause all this I see in myself now as I do High intensity training now.
Better strength
Better fatloss
Better muscle gain
Better satmina
Better understanding my body
Better will-power
even Better digestion

Carrnage
03-24-12, 6:33 pm
Just seeing if any of you guys also prefer the high intensity/low volume approach to training and what your thoughts are?

I've been training Dorian Yates style for around 2 years now and will never look back. In my mind there is no other way I would train.

I actually got the chance last year to go and train back with the man himself... it was an insane experience to say the least.

I feel lower volume just like any other training techniques/volumes work at certain times of your life. (really depending on your recovery ability, execution)

But for optimal hypertrophy, you want to rotate between Myofibrillar and Sarcoplasm Hypertrophy workouts, training various muscle fiber types, CNS stimulation for a hormonally anti-catabolic body via taking care of your endocrine system and adrenal glands. Only thing I will never agree with Dorian is on forced reps, forced reps should only be used to save someones life from the bar getting stuck on your neck, on top of that, forced reps will create too much trauma for your adrenal's to function optimally for your specific physical goals. (remember, stressed out adrenal's = catabolic endocrine system) Also can tamper with your peripheral nervous system in forcing bad "motor pattern" which opens the gate for injuries.

Have a nice day Pimps.

Carrnage

Carrnage
03-24-12, 6:35 pm
ALWAYS HIT! Always high intensity!

when I was 16 I strated training and the 1st year I was not serious and overtime when I got serious and learnt techniques and my body and got more knowledge about this field I came to know that HIT works better for me than anything... I used to prefer Low intensity training But since I started doing HIT there alot of changes (better changes) I can see in my self!

Don't think it's funny cause all this I see in myself now as I do High intensity training now.
Better strength
Better fatloss
Better muscle gain
Better satmina
Better understanding my body
Better will-power
even Better digestion

Better fat loss / stamina / digestion? Are you talking about HIT cardio or HIT Dorian Yates weight training?

Joe J
03-25-12, 9:48 am
I feel lower volume just like any other training techniques/volumes work at certain times of your life. (really depending on your recovery ability, execution)

But for optimal hypertrophy, you want to rotate between Myofibrillar and Sarcoplasm Hypertrophy workouts, training various muscle fiber types, CNS stimulation for a hormonally anti-catabolic body via taking care of your endocrine system and adrenal glands. Only thing I will never agree with Dorian is on forced reps, forced reps should only be used to save someones life from the bar getting stuck on your neck, on top of that, forced reps will create too much trauma for your adrenal's to function optimally for your specific physical goals. (remember, stressed out adrenal's = catabolic endocrine system) Also can tamper with your peripheral nervous system in forcing bad "motor pattern" which opens the gate for injuries.

Have a nice day Pimps.

Carrnage

I can honestly say I dont have a fuckin clue what you're on about in the first sentence of this post. But I do know if it works for Dorian, and it's working for me, then something's right!

Carrnage
03-25-12, 3:52 pm
I can honestly say I dont have a fuckin clue what you're on about in the first sentence of this post. But I do know if it works for Dorian, and it's working for me, then something's right!

At certain times of your life, our recovery changes via different stress, diet, and supplementation.

Or the first sentence of the paragraph with myofibrillar / sarcoplasm? Here, (below)

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/hypertrophy-and-muscle-growth.html

I know HIT worked for Dorian, and its working for you. Never said it didnt work? Just trying to help you improve, whether you like it or not! LOL

Joe J
03-25-12, 5:39 pm
At certain times of your life, our recovery changes via different stress, diet, and supplementation.

Or the first sentence of the paragraph with myofibrillar / sarcoplasm? Here, (below)

I know HIT worked for Dorian, and its working for you. Never said it didnt work? Just trying to help you improve, whether you like it or not! LOL

How do you suggest is the most efficient form of lifting then?

Carrnage
03-25-12, 6:45 pm
How do you suggest is the most efficient form of lifting then?

There is no "most efficient" way of doing things, certain forms will work at various times via recovery aka current settings. But you should structure your workouts how hypertrophy is accomplished, which is the myobrillar and sarcoplasm hypertrophy workouts. Dorian's HIT falls more on the side of a myofibrillar training style.

Noob Saibot
03-26-12, 12:34 am

Really good read. I have been working in the 10-12 range for a while now, seeing good results but maybe doing cycles to get some myofibril action going would be good

zubda345
03-26-12, 12:51 am
Better fat loss / stamina / digestion? Are you talking about HIT cardio or HIT Dorian Yates weight training?

HIT Cardio and Hit weight training... Not Dorian style thou...

Sean_Warrior
03-28-12, 8:27 am
So, using fancy words for 'change it up once in a while' lol. rep range, volume, excercises etc. Theres no one way to do anything. Just listen to you body, I more often then not, train more or less in Dorian's stlye. But i will always pop a week or two in every now an again, do a more 'conventional' higher volume/rep workout. Still work out just as hard but just change it up a little.

AJP1
03-29-12, 5:20 pm
any links to the way he trains?

Joe J
03-29-12, 6:22 pm
any links to the way he trains?

The way Dorian trains? Type 'dorian yates blood and guts' into youtube bro

Hank the Tank
04-17-12, 7:01 pm
For those who didn't understand Carnage's post, heavy negative/forced reps can do more damage than good. As for HIT i have done the blood and gut and another version and they are great. i noticed alot of gains in that program. I also do HIT cardio. Im military so i have to also keep my run times down and HIT is great.