PDA

View Full Version : Is TEST for me?

mortimoto
03-22-12, 3:26 pm
Hi. I've been a fan and PAK user for years! I take PAK every morning.

I do have high cholesterol but am not currently taking any medication for it, I stopped taking the meds well over a year now. I felt like I had some side effects and just quit taking it.
Still struggling to eat cleaner, but I have increased my exercise.

There's a warning about high cholesterol and using TEST on the label.

I'm 44 and lift heavily, always have. I feel like I need just a little push.

Aggression
03-22-12, 3:35 pm
If you have a cholesterol issue, I'd check with your doctor. None of us here can guarantee that you'll be perfectly fine when using it. So check with your doc.

Mr. Dead
03-22-12, 3:55 pm
If you have a cholesterol issue, I'd check with your doctor. None of us here can guarantee that you'll be perfectly fine when using it. So check with your doc.

This...

Joe J
03-28-12, 5:20 pm
Hi. I've been a fan and PAK user for years! I take PAK every morning.

I do have high cholesterol but am not currently taking any medication for it, I stopped taking the meds well over a year now. I felt like I had some side effects and just quit taking it.
Still struggling to eat cleaner, but I have increased my exercise.

There's a warning about high cholesterol and using TEST on the label.

I'm 44 and lift heavily, always have. I feel like I need just a little push.

Firstly, check with your doc if you are adament on taking it.

Second, why are you considering supps when clearly you haven't got either your training or nutrition on point. You are 'struggling to eat clean' and have 'increased your exercise'. Post up your stats, current diet and routine and I'm sure we could help you loads. This will be the exact 'little push' you say you need.

C.Coronato
03-29-12, 12:47 pm
Where in Southern NJ are you my man? A few of us are in Toms River, as well as spread throughout the state.

I agree with what has been said. Certainly look to your Dr first. Second your diet needs to be in check before any supplements are going to work. What is your diet looking like now?

mortimoto
03-29-12, 2:00 pm
Where in Southern NJ are you my man? A few of us are in Toms River, as well as spread throughout the state.

I'm near Ocean City.
I started working out in 1982 at around 165 pounds standing at 5'8". I think I started using Animal PAK around that time and ate whatever my Mother put on the table. Never took any easy way out.
I got strong pretty fast during the 4 years of high school. I was bench pressing 315 in competitions and winning. Deadlift 400 competition style and 605 squats for fun.

Through the years I have participated in Body Building and Power-lifting competitions.
My max bench went up to 405.

Currently, I like to lift heavy, keeping reps in the 6-8 range with about 3-5 sets per body part. Very instinctual training derived from Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty, high-intensity training.
I don't "max out" any more, as I get more out of 'repping' a weight 60-70% of those old maximums. I'm "overal" probably stronger today at 44 than 21, and smarter.

I'm still 5'8", but almost 220 lbs. I probably should be right at 200 and would look awesome! I need to get some cardio in there.

One of my big issues with the diet was eating dinner after work at 10PM, a no no. Recently I have made an effort to eat cleaner at night. More tuna, almonds, salad, and protein shakes.

C.Coronato
04-04-12, 2:30 pm
I'm near Ocean City.
I started working out in 1982 at around 165 pounds standing at 5'8". I think I started using Animal PAK around that time and ate whatever my Mother put on the table. Never took any easy way out.
I got strong pretty fast during the 4 years of high school. I was bench pressing 315 in competitions and winning. Deadlift 400 competition style and 605 squats for fun.

Through the years I have participated in Body Building and Power-lifting competitions.

Currently, I like to lift heavy, keeping reps in the 6-8 range with about 3-5 sets per body part. Very instinctual training derived from Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty, high-intensity training.
I don't "max out" any more, as I get more out of 'repping' a weight 60-70% of those old maximums. I'm "overal" probably stronger today at 44 than 21, and smarter.

I'm still 5'8", but almost 220 lbs. I probably should be right at 200 and would look awesome! I need to get some cardio in there.

One of my big issues with the diet was eating dinner after work at 10PM, a no no. Recently I have made an effort to eat cleaner at night. More tuna, almonds, salad, and protein shakes.

Awesome my man, glad to have you here. You are in a good area, keep a watch on this thread, as we have ABCs (free training events where everyone gets together and trains) -- http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?11549-Jersey-Animals/page225

J-Dawg
04-05-12, 9:10 am
I'm near Ocean City.

Awesome. Another South Jersey member on board! Sounds like you've put loads of time into lifting and training and it's paid off with some nice size and strength.

Clean eating is definitely a solid way to get the cholesterol levels in check. Throwing in some sources of soluble fiber (oats, yams, beans, broccoli, even a fiber supplement) + cutting out processed foods. Factor in the cardio and the potential for lower cholesterol is through the roof!

J-Dawg
04-05-12, 9:13 am
Awesome my man, glad to have you here. You are in a good area, keep a watch on this thread, as we have ABCs (free training events where everyone gets together and trains) -- http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?11549-Jersey-Animals/page225

Like CC said, definitely see if you could check out an Animal Barbell Club event. We have them all throughout the country and NJ is one of our largest chapters. Great way to interact with serious lifters and pros!