PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Days

Carrnage
03-26-12, 10:44 pm
The Golden Days of bodybuilding!

Man.....

Guys use to train hard back then.....and I mean hard!!

Oh and without these "pre-workout" drinks.....

Motivation is 1000000x stronger than any pre workout powder / stimulant......

I don't care if you had a long ass day.....

Another thing about the golden days......

These guys were not eating 1x their bodyweight or 2x their bodyweight of protein every day.....

More so around 60-90 grams a day spreaded out through an average of 4 meals a day.....

Obviously how much grams of protein you take in everyday isn't the point to this thread.....

And don't even get me started on "Oh they were enhanced"......

Umm....Yeah. Guys use 10x "more" nowa days than the golden days......

And 1-2 hour/s long cardio sessions on venice beach after weight training.....

Yeah they did that.

Train 6 days a week, every bodypart 2-3x a week......

Overtraining!! "Oh bro that would overtrain your typical un-enhanced trainee"....

Maybe so.

But anyways, I love helping yall! To sum this up.....

Honestly how many of you are man enough to admit you "need" a pre workout stimulant to get you in the gym / through a workout. Also state your excuses, even if your excuses are legit and reasonable.

I just want to motivate everyone reading this to set a specific goal in life, do what ever it takes to accomplish it, with relying on "excess extra help". And do it to the fullest!

I hope you realize the point im trying to make, instead of worrying about me having a bad reputation on these forums......

The point is that these Bodybuilders in the Golden Days trained because they were so motivated via having a clear specific goal, or simply for the love of intense training! And not to rely on a "pre-workout" enhancement just to get you in the gym and train hard, obviously those supplements are great! But obviously thats not what im trying to get across. Also, taking EXCESS large amounts of food and "supplements", not having that "your not gaining muscle bro? oh just up the calories bro" mindset.

Yes im Carrnage, the guy everyone hates on these forums for putting you guys on the right path, making you guys improve as bodybuilders and as people. Is it my "tone"? I type on here like I know it all? Like an asshole? Oh man up, a real man would ignore it, eat up the knowledge thats on the table, and improve his game.

(I posted this on a few forum sites a couple days ago, feedback was great! Also posted it on my companies fb fanpage, really great to see people realize how powerfull motivation is! My good friend Vince Delmonte natural competitor loved this post and we are in the talks of something very motivational in the future! Stay tuned!)

R-Man
03-27-12, 10:18 am
I can dig what yur saying.

As far as pre-workout goes it could be more of a mental thing for me at this point but at the same time working 11 hour shifts doing concrete work, its a long day & there are days when a pre workout comes in handy. Dont get me wrong, theres days when i probally dont exactly need it but itake it anyway & besides most, of them taste delicious!

TigerAce01
03-27-12, 11:39 am
I'm not a bodybuilder, but I love watching and reading about the Golden Age. It was just so simple and organic back in the day.

But yeah, I need stimulants to get me through the day. I have a tween aged daughter, as well as an infant daughter, and I work. I need not say anymore. I have a caffeine addiction and I know it haha

-Ace

Ricky P
03-27-12, 12:52 pm
I always used pre-workout supps, whenever I didn't use them I felt terrible when I got to the gym. I've realized this is all mental. I haven't been using them the past couple months and have been doing just as well if not better than I have in a long time. My lifts are up and just hit a PR last night on one of my lifts, come to think of it I actually yawned right before that set. I do use 5-hour energy sometimes, but that's just because I love it, and it kicks me in the ass, but only on the long days at work, otherwise I could fall asleep here haha. I do appreciate what those guys did back in the day, really was for the love of the game - watching some of those videos of Arnold in the gym or Lou in his basement just amaze me. It was a way of life, and we've got it a lot easier that's for sure. I know I wouldn't want to be slugging back a raw egg shake or 1970 style protein powders, no thanks. I'll take Green Apple flavored Torrent please and thanks.

World Eater
03-27-12, 4:21 pm
Good one, but keep in mind... Even back in the day, things weren't like they were back in the day...

Carrnage
03-27-12, 5:12 pm
Good one, but keep in mind... Even back in the day, things weren't like they were back in the day...

Like?

(and I agree)

Carrnage
03-27-12, 5:13 pm
Great post guys!

So even after hour long shifts / life does get in the way, understood.

So no one in here can find that deep down spirit for motivation even when life gets your physically / mentally drained? Something to think about.

TigerAce01
03-27-12, 5:52 pm
Of course I'm motivated, otherwise I wouldn't do it. But if I can take something that allows me to perform even better, why not?

-Ace

Carrnage
03-27-12, 11:54 pm
Of course I'm motivated, otherwise I wouldn't do it. But if I can take something that allows me to perform even better, why not?

-Ace

Thats good, just as long as your motivated in the first place! Anything extra is your choice!

Solid post!

Ricky P
03-28-12, 3:06 pm

-Ace

I think that sums it up - if we were content we wouldn't be here, we wouldn't strive for more, or take things to help us get further. I mean I'm sure if they had the option to take a pre-workout stim knowing that it would intensify their workouts, they would.

But the entire post is understood, I mean I think of it more when I have to get out of bed at 4:30 in the morning - that's when I battle myself. Am I motivated to even make the move to get there? I may hesitate, but I'm getting out of the fucking bed and I'm getting to the gym. Once I'm there I know I'm motivated, and that gets me going for my workouts - Knowing the majority of people would've hit the snooze. Love that feeling.

Cellardweller
03-28-12, 7:40 pm
Do Black Sabbath, Van Halen and AC/DC count as preworkouts? I rock the hell out of my car on the way to the gym, but have almost no control over the box once I get there. Other than that I'll toss back some Shock Therapy on my heavier weeks. I don't use it all the time though.

Dave TapouT
03-28-12, 9:47 pm
To be honest, I'm not even sure why I take a pre-workout. I'm fired up and ready to kill when I leave my apt. and head to the gym... I take pump and rage when I get to the gym.. but by this time I'm fired up and ready to go... Pump is taken for obvious reasons, moreso over all, mind muscle connection... I guess I feel like the rage helps me get extra sets. to go harder.

TigerAce01
03-28-12, 10:03 pm
To be honest, I'm not even sure why I take a pre-workout. I'm fired up and ready to kill when I leave my apt. and head to the gym... I take pump and rage when I get to the gym.. but by this time I'm fired up and ready to go... Pump is taken for obvious reasons, moreso over all, mind muscle connection... I guess I feel like the rage helps me get extra sets. to go harder.

Exactly...people have, in the past couple of years, forgotten why pre workouts should be taken in the first place...to optimize growth!! In no way do I absolutely NEED stimulants to get me in the gym...if that were the case, I'd need serious medical help, and probably rehab hahaha but I take them in order to get my body firing on all cylinders. If I can take something that has great nutrients, and stimulants that allow me to squeeze out another rep...only 1 rep more than last time makes it a PR, and that's what this is all about.

-Ace

Carrnage
03-28-12, 10:22 pm
Exactly...people have, in the past couple of years, forgotten why pre workouts should be taken in the first place...to optimize growth!! In no way do I absolutely NEED stimulants to get me in the gym...if that were the case, I'd need serious medical help, and probably rehab hahaha but I take them in order to get my body firing on all cylinders. If I can take something that has great nutrients, and stimulants that allow me to squeeze out another rep...only 1 rep more than last time makes it a PR, and that's what this is all about.

-Ace

Most people take stimulants / pre workouts just to get them motivated whether they can admit it or not.

Good to see your motivated!

Carrnage
03-28-12, 10:25 pm
Do Black Sabbath, Van Halen and AC/DC count as preworkouts? I rock the hell out of my car on the way to the gym, but have almost no control over the box once I get there. Other than that I'll toss back some Shock Therapy on my heavier weeks. I don't use it all the time though.

Yes your cheating.

Just kidding, do what you have to do brother! (this thread was made for the people that rely on stims to get them in the gym)