PDA

View Full Version : My Cardio system!

zubda345
03-27-12, 2:33 pm
here is a snap of my Bicycle on which I LOVE to cardio!

http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/zubda345/?action=view&current=Cycle.jpg

It has helped me ALOT with my cardio, increased my stamina, lose my bf, pump up my legs....

Now FUCK it's handle shaft broke!

http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/zubda345/?action=view&current=Broke.jpg

The only option I see right now is to get it welded. I think I'll do it soon!

It's been about 3 days... No cardio on my bike... The shaft is costing me more than I can afford right now and I don't have a gym to go to cause I actually had a type of intense argument with the gym owner and he said he WANTS more money from me, so I left that gym! and didn't paid him half of the month's membership which was due on me....

Now My cardio is only to play cricket SOMETIME with some fellows playing near the home... Shit is fucked up! No gym! No cardio!

Bruiser
03-27-12, 2:37 pm
Go for a run. Problem fixed.

mcbeast
03-27-12, 2:55 pm

Sprints.

Besides, the bicycle is one of the least effective cardio training pieces of equipment. IMO.

Preston
03-27-12, 3:26 pm
Sprints.

Besides, the bicycle is one of the least effective cardio training pieces of equipment. IMO.

Agreed. He's on point 100%

The_Athlete
03-27-12, 5:20 pm
Sprints.

Seen a Marine never run a day in his life, but does 30-50 mile(i could be exaggerating) bike races through the country and mountains. Still puts down a 18 minute three mile run.

Bruiser
03-27-12, 5:36 pm
Seen a Marine never run a day in his life, but does 30-50 mile(i could be exaggerating) bike races through the country and mountains. Still puts down a 18 minute three mile run.

I don't think he means that bike riders aren't in shape. It's the fact that if you ride a bike 10 miles, how much of that are you actually doing work by pedaling? That's the problem. A stationary bike is far better when it comes to cardio and fat burning than a regular bike is. So for the price, just run. Hell, even going for walks is better than nothing.

The_Athlete
03-28-12, 1:28 am
I don't think he means that bike riders aren't in shape. It's the fact that if you ride a bike 10 miles, how much of that are you actually doing work by pedaling? That's the problem. A stationary bike is far better when it comes to cardio and fat burning than a regular bike is. So for the price, just run. Hell, even going for walks is better than nothing.

I know what he meant. I'm just harassing Eddy.

10 miles on a bike is a lot of work given you control the intensity at a good threshold and aren't just lollygagging downhill or cruising every other block. You can do sprints on a bike and if you modify intensity(elevation/speed), there's plenty of work to be had. Riding 3 miles uphill is no joke, its great cardio, got my ass kicked the other day doing it.

I won't disagree that there are better ways to improve your cardiovascular strength and definitely better ways to burn fat, but don't think that there is very little work involved.

Bruiser
03-28-12, 7:25 am
I know what he meant. I'm just harassing Eddy.

10 miles on a bike is a lot of work given you control the intensity at a good threshold and aren't just lollygagging downhill or cruising every other block. You can do sprints on a bike and if you modify intensity(elevation/speed), there's plenty of work to be had. Riding 3 miles uphill is no joke, its great cardio, got my ass kicked the other day doing it.

I won't disagree that there are better ways to improve your cardiovascular strength and definitely better ways to burn fat, but don't think that there is very little work involved.

I agree. The problem is too many guys take that 3 mile uphill ride and call it a 6 mile ride, counting the three miles they coasted downhill.

zubda345
03-28-12, 12:48 pm
WOW many different opinions!

as far as some people think that riding is not a good cardio O trust me it can be ass-kicking. Keeping uphill/downhill thing aside, about 45-60mins of cycling even on the plain with moderate intensity is good...

As far as walking, running and sprinting... I usually do that everyday. walk is a must about everyday and for some days I have been playing cricket with some fellows and I think fielding is good for cardio aswell...

Aggression
03-28-12, 3:40 pm
My boy zubda got some anger issues; always arguing with people and getting into scuffles. Shyyt.

Do some hill sprints, bro. Done. Go for a run. Go swimming. Play basketball. Anything at all.

Bruiser
03-28-12, 3:52 pm
My boy zubda got some anger issues; always arguing with people and getting into scuffles. Shyyt.

Do some hill sprints, bro. Done. Go for a run. Go swimming. Play basketball. Anything at all.

Lol

Joe J
03-28-12, 4:32 pm
Bro there are millions of ways to get your cardio in. Go for a 45 min brisk walk first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, that's what I do. But obviously there are 100's of ways.

mcbeast
03-28-12, 5:13 pm
I say fuck cardio. Isn't it like 125 degrees in pakistan? Do like 10 jumping jacks and lose weight!

Bruiser
03-28-12, 5:16 pm
Hahaha, well said beast.

Dave TapouT
03-28-12, 10:00 pm
Hahaha, well said beast.

HAHA, This.

Dude, just start chasin more tail around campus. here kitty kitty kitty.

I'm gonna have to agree with most guys here, I can grab my bike on a day off with nothing to do and hit up an 80 mile trip without it being a thing... I prefer to run... it just feels like its a shitload more effort... GO HARD.

Carrnage
03-28-12, 10:27 pm

I think your on to something.

What is this "run" you speak of?

lol

Carrnage
03-28-12, 10:28 pm
Sprints.

I <3 sprints

Carrnage
03-28-12, 10:31 pm
Any basketball fans / former players in here? Thats my preferred cardio!

mcbeast
03-29-12, 1:13 am
I <3 sprints

Aren't you like 290 @ 10%
Would think that with all the 500x20 Squats and whatnot sprinting must be hard on your body! Guess I will pick up some animal flex, shit if it works for you then it must for me!

zubda345
03-29-12, 3:02 pm
I say fuck cardio. Isn't it like 125 degrees in pakistan? Do like 10 jumping jacks and lose weight!

LOL well yes, it's gonna get upto that at the end of April or June-July. I keep your advice in mind lol

I am glad you know that I HAVE anger issues :P yeah I am doing what I can, running to be exact.

Bro there are millions of ways to get your cardio in. Go for a 45 min brisk walk first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, that's what I do. But obviously there are 100's of ways.

HAHA, This.

Dude, just start chasin more tail around campus. here kitty kitty kitty.

I'm gonna have to agree with most guys here, I can grab my bike on a day off with nothing to do and hit up an 80 mile trip without it being a thing... I prefer to run... it just feels like its a shitload more effort... GO HARD.

Yeah I know... Running is better.

Any basketball fans / former players in here? Thats my preferred cardio!

I am short for Basketball...

I think many guys took my topic like "Biking is the only way...."

Joe J
03-29-12, 5:15 pm
LOL well yes, it's gonna get upto that at the end of April or June-July. I keep your advice in mind lol

I am glad you know that I HAVE anger issues :P yeah I am doing what I can, running to be exact.

Yeah I know... Running is better.

I am short for Basketball...

I think many guys took my topic like "Biking is the only way...."

I'd pick a brisk walk as a form of cardio over running any day.

Bruiser
03-29-12, 5:17 pm

I'd pick cookies and Pop Tarts over cardio. Lol

Joe J
03-29-12, 5:19 pm

What I'd do to skip a cardio session for some fish n chips bro!! Haha!!

Bruiser
03-29-12, 5:25 pm

You're stronger than me. I was in Dover for 2 days and had fish and chips 5 times! Lol.

Joe J
03-29-12, 5:52 pm
You're stronger than me. I was in Dover for 2 days and had fish and chips 5 times! Lol.
There no real chippys around you mate? Guess it wouldn't be like the real english seaside eh!!

zubda345
04-04-12, 12:15 pm

HAHAHHA This is great!