PDA

View Full Version : What to do when life gets in the way?

MRmichael.hooker
03-28-12, 12:50 pm
Whats up brothers and sisters. Haven't been posting as much as I was in the past, just been a crazy ass time. 2 things. First is; i've gotten more texts and more facebook messages from people on the forvm than I could even imagine over the last 4 months. It's crazy, and extremely appreciated. In all honesty, were all just a bunch of strangers who sign in on here to talk about lifting weights and dieting. But this place is different than anywhere else on the internet for the fact that people in here (for the most part lol) really worry about each other. Just an amazing place. Second thing, and the reasoning behind my thread is this; what do you guys do when shits just getting in the way and fucking with your motivation? Me personally, I have a show coming up i've been dieting for a whlie now for, and about 12 weeks out from now, and I just no longer feel like doing it. It's not anything like "oh i want to be able to go out and eat with friends" or shit like that, because i'm very much the 'family man' when im not at work. I just no longer feel the drive to do it. And i'm torn because Im not a quitter, and i know i'd like to do a show. Like I said, just seeing what you guys do when the motivation seems to be in 2nd place behind life.

AntiPosers
03-28-12, 12:58 pm
Whats up brothers and sisters. Haven't been posting as much as I was in the past, just been a crazy ass time. 2 things. First is; i've gotten more texts and more facebook messages from people on the forvm than I could even imagine over the last 4 months. It's crazy, and extremely appreciated. In all honesty, were all just a bunch of strangers who sign in on here to talk about lifting weights and dieting. But this place is different than anywhere else on the internet for the fact that people in here (for the most part lol) really worry about each other. Just an amazing place. Second thing, and the reasoning behind my thread is this; what do you guys do when shits just getting in the way and fucking with your motivation? Me personally, I have a show coming up i've been dieting for a whlie now for, and about 12 weeks out from now, and I just no longer feel like doing it. It's not anything like "oh i want to be able to go out and eat with friends" or shit like that, because i'm very much the 'family man' when im not at work. I just no longer feel the drive to do it. And i'm torn because Im not a quitter, and i know i'd like to do a show. Like I said, just seeing what you guys do when the motivation seems to be in 2nd place behind life.

Been there... but bro there must be something that fucked with your mind and motivation. Start by determining what was it? Why? and was it worth it? If you really feel like this you'll know exactly what I mean. Maybe your not getting the support from people as you used to get. Maybe you're one of those guys that get motivation by others support? what can you do to get that motivation or I would call it ''happines'' to keep on goin' and drag your ass to that stage by all means and with pride and look at your best. FIND IT!!

Aggression
03-28-12, 1:01 pm
We're always here to support you, bro. In the end, you have to make the final decision on your own. We all get caught up in that feeling. I did. Halfway through you start to question your motives. You ask yourself, 'am I in good enough shape, will i fit in, how will i look?'. The only way to get those answers is to push through. Its like wedding jitters. There were a few times during my prep where I wanted to just stop. But if this is something you've been wanting to do for so long, and you're already in the midst of it, why pull out? See it all the way through. I understand you're a family man. And that's a great concept. You have 12 more weeks of dieting. Once that's over, take a few weeks off and spend time catching up with your family. Go out to dinner, go on day-trips, or just sit and watching a movie/TV. Evan looks forward to doing that after each show. Check out his last Arnold installment. You gotta push hard through the final weeks and then give yourself a well deserved break.

You've wanted to do this for quite some time. Don't pull out and leave yourself asking, 'What if I kept going .. '

Appollonian
03-28-12, 1:15 pm
Michael, like you said this is a place where almost everyone starts a stranger, and for the most part people do care for others on here. You have been a very motivating factor in my journey here, along with many on this site.

I've never done a contest of any sort, but I think Aggression nailed it on the head. This is your chance to leave everything you've got on the stage, and you are getting closer by the day.

Just know you have an entire board of friends/family to back you up.

MRmichael.hooker
03-28-12, 1:24 pm
Been there... but bro there must be something that fucked with your mind and motivation. Start by determining what was it? Why? and was it worth it? If you really feel like this you'll know exactly what I mean. Maybe your not getting the support from people as you used to get. !!

Of course you had no idea bro, but I recently buried my mom (4mths ago) & grandfather (1 week ago).

We're always here to support you, bro. In the end, you have to make the final decision on your own. We all get caught up in that feeling. I did. Halfway through you start to question your motives. You ask yourself, 'am I in good enough shape, will i fit in, how will i look?'. The only way to get those answers is to push through. Its like wedding jitters. There were a few times during my prep where I wanted to just stop. But if this is something you've been wanting to do for so long, and you're already in the midst of it, why pull out? See it all the way through. I understand you're a family man. And that's a great concept. You have 12 more weeks of dieting. Once that's over, take a few weeks off and spend time catching up with your family. Go out to dinner, go on day-trips, or just sit and watching a movie/TV. Evan looks forward to doing that after each show. Check out his last Arnold installment. You gotta push hard through the final weeks and then give yourself a well deserved break.

You've wanted to do this for quite some time. Don't pull out and leave yourself asking, 'What if I kept going .. '

Phenominal points man, appreciate it

Michael, like you said this is a place where almost everyone starts a stranger, and for the most part people do care for others on here. You have been a very motivating factor in my journey here, along with many on this site.

I've never done a contest of any sort, but I think Aggression nailed it on the head. This is your chance to leave everything you've got on the stage, and you are getting closer by the day.

Just know you have an entire board of friends/family to back you up.

I appreciate it bud

Bruiser
03-28-12, 1:24 pm
Hook, this has been on my mind a lot too. With my first PL meet coming up, I'm straight up getting nervous/scared which is causing me to lose motivation. What I did to correct it happened by accident. I look at my son (who is Autistic) and see how he won't let anything ever get in his way and how far he's come in a year's time. Then I look at my cousin who is quickly wasting away from ALS but is still fighting to do as much as he can independently. I realize how in the hell can I be unmotivated when I see what my family members are accomplishing with huge hurdles to overcome. Just look around you bro, you'll find just what you need to keep driving.

Joe J
03-28-12, 5:15 pm
All I can say is Michael, don't let anything get in the way of your goals in life, no matter what it is. Think about the end result and how your success will be the sum of your best efforts. You've got this bro!!! Good luck mate.