PDA

View Full Version : Chicken thigh recipes?

JustinSane
03-28-12, 5:28 pm
Local store had bone in chicken thighs and breasts on sale for $.99/lb so I stocked up a little bit, looking for some recipes for them. Thinking I may just give them a rub with some lemon pepper seasoning and thrown them in the crock pot with a bigass can of diced tomatoes til they're falling off the bone. Discuss.

Bruiser
03-28-12, 5:32 pm
I always get the leg quarters for 89-99 cents a pound. The easiest way is to throw them in a baking pan, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 2-2.5 hours. Then uncover and stick under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up nicely. I'll season them with chili powder, paprika and garlic powder. Yum yum.

C.Coronato
03-29-12, 2:00 pm
Good stuff man. I pick some up once and a while. I have grilled them and they come out pretty good. You can also brush some BBQ sauce on them and bake them.

CarrieAnnSimmons
03-30-12, 1:48 pm
Pretty much anything you'd do to a breast, but its gonna taste WAY better because of the bone in the thigh and the fat content. I like crock pot. Toss it all in there and forget about it. Diced tomatoes and seasoning is good. Also using a can of soup - cream of chicken, broccoli, mushroom.... check out http://www.campbellskitchen.com/RedAndWhite.aspx for some good crock pot recipes.

Madcat
04-02-12, 2:46 pm
Pretty much anything you'd do to a breast, but its gonna taste WAY better because of the bone in the thigh and the fat content. I like crock pot. Toss it all in there and forget about it. Diced tomatoes and seasoning is good. Also using a can of soup - cream of chicken, broccoli, mushroom.... check out http://www.campbellskitchen.com/RedAndWhite.aspx for some good crock pot recipes.

This is all win. I buy all my chicken from Costco, had been buying Boneless/skinless breasts for 2.99lb, thighs are 1.99 still being boneless and skinless. Breasts are 1% fat, thighs are 5%, but tastes way better and that little difference in fat really doesn't matter in my case. I grill them all the time and have cooked them on my panini maker too. I prefer marinating them in FF itailan or just plain hot sauce.

Tonight I am grilling them with just a plane rub, then adding some hot sauce after the fact when I eat them in my salad.