PDA

View Full Version : Too early for the CAGE 2013 talk?

Universal Rep
04-02-12, 5:23 pm
Ideas about wut could be changed for next year mebbe?

Mr. Dead
04-02-12, 5:44 pm
Bring more Supps and Gear...!!! The 2-sided Shop seemed to work pretty well... Bring more $1's and $5's... *LOL*

Beach91
04-02-12, 8:42 pm
What if Animal increased their cage size to include more events, more supps, more gear????

N. Motta
04-02-12, 9:41 pm
I don't want to derail the thread, but I'm interested in what activities will be going on at the Olympia. I believe there is an ABC session? I'll drive from Salt Lake just for that, screw the expo.

Mr. Dead
04-02-12, 11:09 pm
I don't want to derail the thread, but I'm interested in what activities will be going on at the Olympia. I believe there is an ABC session? I'll drive from Salt Lake just for that, screw the expo.
It's looking more and more like the Olympia will be a Universal event... And, therefore, more than likely there will be a UBC instead of an ABC...

N. Motta
04-03-12, 8:31 am
Thanks MD

C.Coronato
04-03-12, 11:15 am
More LE stuff, but not Yellow/Red. To many people see it and think it is just like the old ones. Up the qualities of shirts/supps.

Mr. Dead
04-03-12, 11:41 am
Thanks MD
No problemo...

Universal Rep
04-03-12, 11:50 am
More LE stuff, but not Yellow/Red. To many people see it and think it is just like the old ones. Up the qualities of shirts/supps.

The Yellow & Red Iconics change slightly every year so they are unique... Still, I'd like to see more black shirts and maybe tan or green, military style...

smoothballer
04-03-12, 12:12 pm
A Heavyweight Animal Hoodie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Mr. Dead
04-03-12, 12:14 pm
I'd like to see a LE jersey, again... But perhaps this time either hockey or a button-down baseball jersey...

Universal Rep
04-03-12, 12:22 pm

These take up too much space. Also, who'd drop $40 or more at the Expo for a sweatshirt?

smoothballer
04-03-12, 12:23 pm
These take up too much space. Also, who'd drop $40 or more at the Expo for a sweatshirt?

<----------------- This Guy

tark
04-03-12, 8:09 pm
The Yellow & Red Iconics change slightly every year so they are unique... Still, I'd like to see more black shirts and maybe tan or green, military style...

for sure more black shirts how about maybe even some camo??

Seath308
10-05-12, 1:50 am
Bump! March will be here in no time!!

deanna7272
10-07-12, 4:39 pm
Bump! March will be here in no time!!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130301T10&p0=805&fg1=000&msg=2013+Arnold+Expo...+The+Cage%21%21

Nope.... Just sayin...

C.Coronato
10-08-12, 9:49 am
143 days!!

Universal Rep
10-08-12, 9:51 am
Skip the CAGE this year and rep the Universal brand?

Shukin
10-08-12, 10:12 am

At the Arnold?
Going to the Cage is the only reason to go to either the Arnold or the Olympia. Since there was no cage at the Olympia I decided not to go, if you don't do one at the Arnold I think lots of people will be disappointed.

This is my feelings, you need to figure out how to rep both brands at the events, re read the thread about "the forum as I knew it" and listen to the comments about how the universal page is hurting this forum. Why push only one at the expense of the other? I am sorry but I can't see the wisdom in this.

Big C
10-08-12, 10:25 am
Definately would like to see more gear. I remember a few years back there were like 5-6 new shirts when the Breach campaign was in full throttle. New tanks/hats/beanies is always a good thing also.

I mean I guess I liked the new red, yellow and black Iconics from last year but there wasn't much difference than the old original ones. Would like to see something new and fresh.

Thunder Chicken
10-08-12, 10:40 am
Definately would like to see more gear. I remember a few years back there were like 5-6 new shirts when the Breach campaign was in full throttle. New tanks/hats/beanies is always a good thing also.

I mean I guess I liked the new red, yellow and black Iconics from last year but there wasn't much difference than the old original ones. Would like to see something new and fresh.

i liked last years two but i like more shirts as well, i remember i got my wife a shirt a few years back as well.

kcburrows
10-08-12, 10:42 am
NEVER too early to talk about the cage 2013!!! cant wait for this!!!! countdown is on!!!

Razor
10-08-12, 11:32 am
Can't wait for this. Definitely more gear besides the Red and Yellows. Agree with Christian on people passing them up last year because they thought they were the same ones. Also 2 sided booth for sure, it worked really well. In terms of LE, i think another style of hat (flex fit) would be cool. Those suckers were the first ones gone!

mritter3
10-08-12, 2:13 pm
Can't wait for this. Definitely more gear besides the Red and Yellows. Agree with Christian on people passing them up last year because they thought they were the same ones. Also 2 sided booth for sure, it worked really well. In terms of LE, i think another style of hat (flex fit) would be cool. Those suckers were the first ones gone!

agree completely....2 sided worked awesome, different colors or different style all together of shirt for sure...and def gotta get a new flex fit!!

MRmichael.hooker
10-08-12, 2:38 pm

No way

At the Arnold?
Going to the Cage is the only reason to go to either the Arnold or the Olympia. Since there was no cage at the Olympia I decided not to go, if you don't do one at the Arnold I think lots of people will be disappointed.

This is my feelings, you need to figure out how to rep both brands at the events, re read the thread about "the forum as I knew it" and listen to the comments about how the universal page is hurting this forum. Why push only one at the expense of the other? I am sorry but I can't see the wisdom in this.

Agreed. I love the supps from Universal AND Animal. Gotta have the Cage. As cool as the Universal booth looked, still doesn't have the hardcore, rawness of "The Cage". My wife & I have been going back and forth about making the trip to OH for the Arnold, and I totally agree with Shukin; no cage makes the decision a no brainer for me. No disrespect at all

MRmichael.hooker
10-08-12, 2:39 pm
NEVER too early to talk about the cage 2013!!! cant wait for this!!!! countdown is on!!!

Hell ya! Shit, it's not too early to talk about Cage 2015!!

GUNS
10-08-12, 3:05 pm
I have been overseas for the last 3 Arnolds and just simply cant see the Cage not being there. I have looked in from the outside and the Cage fits the Arnold! But agree Universal needs to have at least a small presence there!

New gear that looks completely different is the best idea. If people were walking by the gear because it looked similar to older gear, that says enough right there!

What is the real facts on how well the Universal booth did by itself vs how the Cage does? I completely support both sides, and even SP, so would love to see it somehow brought together!

Along with Bro vs Pro, you can have Pro vs Pro, Universal athletes vs Animal athletes!

Shukin
10-08-12, 3:07 pm
I have been overseas for the last 3 Arnolds and just simply cant see the Cage not being there. I have looked in from the outside and the Cage fits the Arnold! But agree Universal needs to have at least a small presence there!

New gear that looks completely different is the best idea. If people were walking by the gear because it looked similar to older gear, that says enough right there!

What is the real facts on how well the Universal booth did by itself vs how the Cage does? I completely support both sides, and even SP, so would love to see it somehow brought together!

Along with Bro vs Pro, you can have Pro vs Pro, Universal athletes vs Animal athletes!

Some good ideas and questions right there ^^.

MAB
10-08-12, 5:47 pm

I don't think that's a good idea at all. The Cage always draws a HUGE crowd. Not just for the supplements and gear, but for the actual athletes as well. The "average joes" love seeing the pros in action and having the chance to meet them. Last year's Bros vs Pros drew a big crowd and supported two amazing causes. DO NOT drop the Cage.

P Diesel
10-08-12, 9:27 pm
y are we entertaining the notion of there being no Cage at the Arnold?

P

Shukin
10-08-12, 10:00 pm

P

To ruffle feathers?

GUNS
10-08-12, 10:51 pm
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/jimmies-6-knowyourmeme1.png

RafMorris37
10-08-12, 11:03 pm
for sure more black shirts how about maybe even some camo??

Definetly the camo!!! Red camo! Yellow camo with the animal logo on it!!!

Thunder Chicken
10-09-12, 10:12 am
Definetly the camo!!! Red camo! Yellow camo with the animal logo on it!!!

Ive always wanted a Real Tree or Mossy Oak Camo!!!

Blondie Weapon X
10-09-12, 10:46 am

<----------------- This Guy

<----------------- And This Girl!!!

Blondie Weapon X
10-09-12, 10:53 am
~ I also love the tshirts! I think a lot of people buy their first owned shirts from the Arnold. I also bought my first supplements from the CAGE.

~ I would never ever leave the CAGE out of the Arnold! What kind of impression would that leave with the fans & followers??

Seath308
10-09-12, 3:39 pm

If there isn't a Cage at the Arnold, then MHP's Booth "The Pit"will be the main attraction of the expo. The Cage has better lifting events than The Pit every year hands down. We can't let them win by forfeit.

Madcat
10-09-12, 3:41 pm
U-Rep, you say the hoodies take too much room, which may be somewhat true BUT you have to appeal to the crowd and the season, aka Columbus Ohio in March... COLD and shi**y. Hoodies would sell out before anything else would, I gurantee it. Especially because only a few places sell them, and I know 100% I would be in for atleast 1, and if they were limited Ed(hint hint), 2, 1 for lifting and 1 for casual wear.

Shukin
10-09-12, 3:43 pm
U-Rep, you say the hoodies take too much room, which may be somewhat true BUT you have to appeal to the crowd and the season, aka Columbus Ohio in March... COLD and shi**y. Hoodies would sell out before anything else would, I gurantee it. Especially because only a few places sell them, and I know 100% I would be in for atleast 1, and if they were limited Ed(hint hint), 2, 1 for lifting and 1 for casual wear.

Agreed, too much space to take but you wont have to take home.

GUNS
10-09-12, 4:20 pm
I would buy a few! Possibly 3 or 4!

Universal Rep
10-09-12, 4:49 pm

P

Why not? Change is no fun, but sometimes, change is good... The CAGE has been on a roll since '02. That's 10 solid years. Cant keep doin this forever, eh?

naturalguy
10-09-12, 4:53 pm
Why not? Change is no fun, but sometimes, change is good... The CAGE has been on a roll since '02. That's 10 solid years. Cant keep doin this forever, eh?

10 years for The Cage, sounds like that is a good reason to do it. Let's celebrate the 10 years of The Cage and make it the biggest, best Cage ever.

Universal Rep
10-09-12, 4:55 pm
10 years for The Cage, sounds like that is a good reason to do it. Let's celebrate the 10 years of The Cage and make it the biggest, best Cage ever.

10 year anniversary already past, eh?

naturalguy
10-09-12, 5:00 pm
10 year anniversary already past, eh?

That's just semantics lol, don't rain on my parade

GUNS
10-09-12, 5:18 pm
Why not? ..............The CAGE has been on a roll since '02. That's 10 solid years. You answered your own question! Keep it rolling, it is successfull and thats what we want as a forvm!

Shukin
10-09-12, 6:35 pm

P

If your not going to do tell us ASAP, this is a big trip on our calendars and we need to book accommodation soon as they get booked up quickly.
So just be clear, are you doing it or not?

Appollonian
10-09-12, 6:39 pm
If your not going to do tell us ASAP, this is a big trip on our calendars and we need to book accommodation soon as they get booked up quickly.

I'm with Shukin on this one; no Cage and no ABC event it's doubtful I'll make that trip.

GUNS
10-09-12, 6:39 pm

Haha, right to a great point, right on brother!

mritter3
10-09-12, 6:43 pm
The cage is Such a huge part if the Arnold can't imagine it not being there...I would be shocked/disappointed.

MAB
10-09-12, 8:31 pm
The cage is Such a huge part if the Arnold can't imagine it not being there...I would be shocked/disappointed.

I agree... I feel like a lot of people would be shocked and disappointed, even if you replaced the Animal Cage with a Universal booth. The Cage is why a lot of people even go to the Expo at all. I think that people love Animal and the ANIMAL Cage bc it's something very earthy, very raw, and the energy is always infectious. The athletes in the Cage are some of the best manifestations of that animal inside all of us.

I think if you take that away a lot of ppl will go beyond disappointment to being pi..ed. If you're wanting Universal to be represented at the Arnold then set up a booth, but don't take away the Cage. I liked the idea of having a Pros vs Pros, Animal vs. Universal... maybe that's been a long time coming. I bet it would get you one hell of a crowd and the energy would be ridiculous.

Shukin
10-09-12, 8:42 pm
I agree... I feel like a lot of people would be shocked and disappointed, even if you replaced the Animal Cage with a Universal booth. The Cage is why a lot of people even go to the Expo at all. I think that people love Animal and the ANIMAL Cage bc it's something very earthy, very raw, and the energy is always infectious. The athletes in the Cage are some of the best manifestations of that animal inside all of us.

I think if you take that away a lot of ppl will go beyond disappointment to being pi..ed. If you're wanting Universal to be represented at the Arnold then set up a booth, but don't take away the Cage. I liked the idea of having a Pros vs Pros, Animal vs. Universal... maybe that's been a long time coming. I bet it would get you one hell of a crowd and the energy would be ridiculous.

Great post

Enforcer
10-09-12, 8:59 pm
Ideas about wut could be changed for next year mebbe?

It is never too soon for Cage talk. Id like to see some Animal athletic pants

Enforcer
10-09-12, 9:01 pm
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130301T10&p0=805&fg1=000&msg=2013+Arnold+Expo...+The+Cage%21%21

Nope.... Just sayin...

Hahhaha thats awesome a Cage countdown

Enforcer
10-09-12, 9:03 pm
How about a LE red, white, and blue Animal T? Rep this bad ass country of ours

GUNS
10-09-12, 9:28 pm
How about a LE red, white, and blue Animal T? Rep this bad ass country of ours

Awesome right here!

P Diesel
10-09-12, 9:34 pm

i get the distinct feeling that U Rep, is the little kid throwing rocks at a bee hive for fun

y cant we do it forever? what is stopping us? we have the heart, the determination, the talent, integrity.

P

Appollonian
10-09-12, 9:34 pm
Awesome right here!

Oh yeah great one!

Shukin
10-09-12, 9:36 pm
i get the distinct feeling that U Rep, is the little kid throwing rocks at a bee hive for fun

And that kid more often than not gets stung. Hopefully they're not allergic. lol

Beach91
10-10-12, 12:36 am

Ever thought of a diff. Animal setup, other than a Cage?

Still with the dumbells n squat racks and lifting events, but somethin different than a cage to house it all in?

I have no idea what would be used, just thought i would throw that out there

And with the attempt to build the U brand, and the focus started on it at the O, i think universal has to make some sort of presence at the Arnold

J Wong
10-10-12, 12:49 am
I might be at the Arnold this year with a training partner lifting at the XPC meet. I will definitely be stopping by the Cage (if it's there) for the first time if I go!

G Diesel
10-10-12, 10:32 am
The Cage in Columbus, Universal in Vegas. Seems like balance and symmetry to me.

Peace, G

GUNZ
10-10-12, 10:59 am

Really good ideas GUNS!! Universal vs Animal athletes sounds like something fun and both brands get attention!

rev8ball
10-10-12, 11:39 am

Nobody faint, but I gotta agree with UR on this one.
If the U booth did so well at the O, maybe it's time to give the Cage a rest. Besides, I think a U brand booth would fit really well in mid-western USA, esp since the Arnold is so much more family oriented - the more laid-back approach would prob really blow up in such an environment.

GUNS
10-10-12, 12:26 pm
We gave the cage a rest at the O! Now time to get back to it, where it belongs, at the Arnold 2013!

Shukin
10-10-12, 12:54 pm
The Cage in Columbus, Universal in Vegas. Seems like balance and symmetry to me.

Peace, G

We gave the cage a rest at the O! Now time to get back to it, where it belongs, at the Arnold 2013!

Agreed
If you drop the cage all together you will not only disappoint fans but your athletes as well, it is a chance for them to showcase their talents. Plus, other companies will think you are in financial distress and cutting back on expenses.

GUNS
10-10-12, 12:57 pm
This should not even be a topic for discussion! Animal and the Cage are Arnold all the way!

Animal
10-10-12, 1:02 pm
Agreed
If you drop the cage all together you will not only disappoint fans but your athletes as well, it is a chance for them to showcase their talents. Plus, other companies will think you are in financial distress and cutting back on expenses.

Like we really care what other companies think. We don't put on shows for them.

Shukin
10-10-12, 1:32 pm

In business you always care about what you competition is thinking and doing, it is how you get a foot hold in the market.

naturalguy
10-10-12, 2:12 pm
Agreed

Shukin, I am all for The Cage at the Arnold but we shouldn't do it based on other companies perception of us. We have always done things our way.

Kowboy
10-10-12, 2:17 pm
I am so excited for Pro's vs Bro's, I wasn't strong enough last year but I really hope to compete in it this year.

Shukin
10-10-12, 2:31 pm
Shukin, I am all for The Cage at the Arnold but we shouldn't do it based on other companies perception of us. We have always done things our way.
I find it hard to believe no one at corporate cares what others in the market are doing......
I know you guys like to march to the beat of a different drummer, that is why I am here, I just feel many athletes wont get the same exposure without it, that is why I mentioned the athletes first. I see it as muscle beach, you don't just want to see big guys stand there you want to see them move weight.
Like Seath said earlier, if there is no cage MHP will take the attention.

Blondie Weapon X
10-10-12, 7:02 pm
Stop...Im getting sad...
Lets move on to the topic of what we would like to see happen in the CAGE!!
What events have been good and which ones not so good...
Squats with no hands!!! That was insane!!

P Diesel
10-10-12, 10:22 pm
Stop...Im getting sad...
Lets move on to the topic of what we would like to see happen in the CAGE!!
What events have been good and which ones not so good...
Squats with no hands!!! That was insane!!

agreed!

Sam Byrd is always a crowd pleaser and favorite of mine to watch. Seath has been puttin in work for sure, we can expect sumthin big outta him. HIGA will undoubtedly do sumthin only he and few other can with his strongman exhibition. new Animal athlete Garrett GUNZ brings a ton to the table in the bench dept. a stacked line up for sure

P

Thunder Chicken
10-11-12, 12:31 am
I'd be down for anything, i like the hoodie idea but i think new shirts would be sweet, ive got one every year ive been there!

Firefist
10-11-12, 12:36 am
agreed!

Sam Byrd is always a crowd pleaser and favorite of mine to watch. Seath has been puttin in work for sure, we can expect sumthin big outta him. HIGA will undoubtedly do sumthin only he and few other can with his strongman exhibition. new Animal athlete Garrett GUNZ brings a ton to the table in the bench dept. a stacked line up for sure

P

No doubt, gunz's journey is toast. Definitely worth checkin out.

Im always game for watchin sam byrd do his thing. I unfortunately ran into life this past arnold and missed everything, so ill be makin up for the lost time. Wonder if stan will make an appearance again? pro vs pro? who knows?

Thing I look forward to the most has to be the weights and food with everyone at night. Ive had the pleasure of training with G, shaun clarida, brad rowe, rage, rodney roller (out of nowhere), big c, b con, alex, jim, littleman, stolz, chase, D, little z, list just goes on and on and on.... Every session is memorable.

i just got so happy thinking about all this.

Razor
10-11-12, 8:54 am

I have to completely agree with this statement. No one does what this company has done at these shows and there are even those trying to mimic it. This company has done what others have failed to do and thats break barriers and do what they want regardless of other people's views. In their eyes there is no popularity contest and you can't deny that that's one of the reasons you love this company. But i also agree with P when he talks about everything that goes on in the Cage and the amount of traffic we get because of all the insane events we do. Lots of great intelligent posts here. I could see this go either way now that i've reflected on it a bit and would'nt be upset, especially after seeing how well the Olympia went!

naturalguy
10-11-12, 8:56 am
I find it hard to believe no one at corporate cares what others in the market are doing......
I know you guys like to march to the beat of a different drummer, that is why I am here, I just feel many athletes wont get the same exposure without it, that is why I mentioned the athletes first. I see it as muscle beach, you don't just want to see big guys stand there you want to see them move weight.

We care what our customers/fans think, that is what is important.

Just for the sake of discussion, if we weren't there with The Cage, how would that affect what other companies do? What would they do differently from what they do now?

Razor
10-11-12, 9:00 am

Sorry homie but this makes me laugh.

Shukin
10-11-12, 9:21 am

Just for the sake of discussion, if we weren't there with The Cage, how would that affect what other companies do? What would they do differently from what they do now?

First off let me say I am no marketing genius, just a loyal Animal supporter. I have noticed over the years mention of the cage in magazines and podcasts, I have seen the hits the videos get on youtube, so people are very much aware of the impact the cage is having on the community at large. I have also noticed that "Animal" adds in the magazines have been imitated more often than any other companies add campaigns. This leads me to believe that they feel "Animal" as cutting edge, grass root, innovative, creative with a cult like following. They just don't know how to go about getting same kind of following. Market share is not a problem for them, it is that cult like following that they lack, and that Animal has and I along with others in here am proud to be a part of.
Being grass roots and being a star are two very difficult things to balance, look at any underground band when they become famous.
As far as MHP, they have embraced the crossfit market, re-naming many of there products to appeal to them because there isn't much money in bodybuilding or powerlifting, in that the average income of the client and demographics.
I am sure the other companies hire people to do marketing studies at expos, those individuals are walking around counting and timing the number of people at booths and how long they stay, and making very thorough notes. If they have felt that the cage was a big draw and they get wind early enough they may try to do something similar, like MHP's pit. Of course there will be those that say they are "copying", but hey, everyone copies, especially when money is on the line.

Shukin
10-11-12, 9:23 am
Sorry homie but this makes me laugh.

Glad to be of service.

naturalguy
10-11-12, 9:47 am
First off let me say I am no marketing genius, just a loyal Animal supporter. I have noticed over the years mention of the cage in magazines and podcasts, I have seen the hits the videos get on youtube, so people are very much aware of the impact the cage is having on the community at large. I have also noticed that "Animal" adds in the magazines have been imitated more often than any other companies add campaigns. This leads me to believe that they feel "Animal" as cutting edge, grass root, innovative, creative with a cult like following. They just don't know how to go about getting same kind of following. Market share is not a problem for them, it is that cult like following that they lack, and that Animal has and I along with others in here am proud to be a part of.
Being grass roots and being a star are two very difficult things to balance, look at any underground band when they become famous.
As far as MHP, they have embraced the crossfit market, re-naming many of there products to appeal to them because there isn't much money in bodybuilding or powerlifting, in that the average income of the client and demographics.
I am sure the other companies hire people to do marketing studies at expos, those individuals are walking around counting and timing the number of people at booths and how long they stay, and making very thorough notes. If they have felt that the cage was a big draw and they get wind early enough they may try to do something similar, like MHP's pit. Of course there will be those that say they are "copying", but hey, everyone copies, especially when money is on the line.

Other companies are already copying it when we are there, there are more companies than MHP with similar set ups.

deanna7272
10-11-12, 9:57 am
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=m&iso=20130301T10&year=2013&month=3&day=1&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p0=805&fg1=000&msg=2013%20Arnold%20Expo...%20The%20Cage%21%21

naturalguy
10-11-12, 10:37 am
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=m&iso=20130301T10&year=2013&month=3&day=1&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p0=805&fg1=000&msg=2013%20Arnold%20Expo...%20The%20Cage%21%21

I like it D

P Diesel
10-11-12, 10:38 am

E,

i agree wholeheartedly. we have a responsibility to our followers, customers and fans to not only practice what we preach but to uphold the ANIMAL name and the excellance have provided for so many years. the same mentallity and and caliber of athlete that helped me turn the corner as a young lifter. i am still a fan and in awe of my fellow brothers.

and just for discussion purposes. i think if we werent The Cage, i doubt the other companies would do a damn thing different. it would be the time to step up in our absence and step into teh spotlight but i doubt they will. without our competition, or dominance, i feel as though they would do less. let's face it, no one can replicate The Cage in atmosphere, athletes or knowledge.

P

Blondie Weapon X
10-11-12, 10:51 am
Just for the sake of discussion, if we weren't there with The Cage, how would that affect what other companies do? What would they do differently from what they do now?[/QUOTE]

What would be the attraction of the Animal and Universal booth?
The Cage present a Stage; makes it's presence known!
As of now, the Cage is the main attraction; all others are just sideshows in my opinion.

No Cage at the Arnold is seriously being considered, isnt it?

Huge decision guys.

Shukin
10-11-12, 10:58 am
Other companies are already copying it when we are there, there are more companies than MHP with similar set ups.

Proving that Animal is an innovator and not to be messed with. I hope I am not misunderstood in my posts, i am not trying to be argumentative, just to pose various viewpoints, not to say they are the only or even the most correct. I fully respect the way you have posed these statements. Like I said, I am an Animal at heart and am voicing things from the perspective of where I sit.

Shukin
10-11-12, 11:01 am

Proving that Animal is an innovator and not to be messed with. I hope I am not misunderstood in my posts, i am not trying to be argumentative, just to pose various viewpoints, not to say they are the only or even the most correct. I fully respect the way you have posed these statements. Like I said, I am an Animal at heart, loyal but not blinded by my loyalty, and am voicing things from the perspective of where I sit. I have questioned in the past if the money spent on the cage could be better spent else where. Only you guys know the numbers. Personally, I want the cage at the Arnold this year so i can finally make one now that i am back in the USA.

P Diesel
10-11-12, 11:06 am

As of now, the Cage is the main attraction; all others are just sideshows in my opinion.

Huge decision guys.[/QUOTE]

Blondie,

this is just talk to get everyone all worked up. u know deep down there will b a Cage and it will b the most wild and inspiring yet. lets start talkin in real terms, what and who r u lookin forward to seeing?

P

Blondie Weapon X
10-11-12, 11:12 am
this is just talk to get everyone all worked up. u know deep down there will b a Cage and it will b the most wild and inspiring yet. lets start talkin in real terms, what and who r u lookin forward to seeing?

P[/QUOTE]

yea I was assuming this too.

Im looking forward to seeing you P D!! ;)

Blondie Weapon X
10-11-12, 11:18 am
This should not even be a topic for discussion! Animal and the Cage are Arnold all the way!

I am so excited for Pro's vs Bro's, I wasn't strong enough last year but I really hope to compete in it this year.

agreed!

P

No doubt, gunz's journey is toast. Definitely worth checkin out.

Im always game for watchin sam byrd do his thing. I unfortunately ran into life this past arnold and missed everything, so ill be makin up for the lost time. Wonder if stan will make an appearance again? pro vs pro? who knows?

Thing I look forward to the most has to be the weights and food with everyone at night. Ive had the pleasure of training with G, shaun clarida, brad rowe, rage, rodney roller (out of nowhere), big c, b con, alex, jim, littleman, stolz, chase, D, little z, list just goes on and on and on.... Every session is memorable.

i just got so happy thinking about all this.

A few of my favorite statements!!

naturalguy
10-11-12, 11:21 am
E,

i agree wholeheartedly. we have a responsibility to our followers, customers and fans to not only practice what we preach but to uphold the ANIMAL name and the excellance have provided for so many years. the same mentallity and and caliber of athlete that helped me turn the corner as a young lifter. i am still a fan and in awe of my fellow brothers.

and just for discussion purposes. i think if we werent The Cage, i doubt the other companies would do a damn thing different. it would be the time to step up in our absence and step into teh spotlight but i doubt they will. without our competition, or dominance, i feel as though they would do less. let's face it, no one can replicate The Cage in atmosphere, athletes or knowledge.

P

That is my guess as well, these other companies step up their game because of what we do, if we are not there then there is no need for them to put as much resources behind it.

Proving that Animal is an innovator and not to be messed with. I hope I am not misunderstood in my posts, i am not trying to be argumentative, just to pose various viewpoints, not to say they are the only or even the most correct. I fully respect the way you have posed these statements. Like I said, I am an Animal at heart, loyal but not blinded by my loyalty, and am voicing things from the perspective of where I sit. I have questioned in the past if the money spent on the cage could be better spent else where. Only you guys know the numbers. Personally, I want the cage at the Arnold this year so i can finally make one now that i am back in the USA.

It's a good discussion Shuk and an interesting one. Again this is all hypothetical, I am all for having The Cage there.

Madcat
10-11-12, 1:33 pm
I think the biggest thing is, without the cage, the Arnold would just be another expo, no different than anything except the Olympia with Universal being there. In the end it would deter a ton of us from even showing up unless there would still be an ABC, but take both of those away, and even living locally, I wouldn't go near the Arnold. I don't walk around much anymore, don't go see other booths, don't really care to. I spend most of my time inside or around the cage, talking to members, non-members, hearing people talking about how different Animal is, and how they love seeing something sticking true to their roots.

Let's think about it like this, there are no flashy girls half naked, there are no hired models, BS supplements, BS Tshirts, BS Studies, none of that. The Cage is a place where people go for REAL LIFE, no BS. It's that part that gives Animal(And Universal not hating at all), the edge. It's that part of the company that keeps us loyal, and coming back every year, to have the best showing, the biggest ABC, the best forum, everything.

I know the economy is tough, I know the $$ is harder to come by, and everything costs more, but in the end, The Cage is the only reason I'd assume 90% of us even book rooms, travel, and come to the Arnold. I know its 100% the reason for me.

P Diesel
10-11-12, 2:29 pm

P

yea I was assuming this too.

Im looking forward to seeing you P D!! ;)[/QUOTE]

ohh, wellllll i better get my shit together then ;) haha

P

GUNS
10-11-12, 2:47 pm

Huge decision guys.

Blondie,

P[/QUOTE]
Agree P!

MRmichael.hooker
10-11-12, 3:09 pm
I think the biggest thing is, without the cage, the Arnold would just be another expo.

This. Period

Beach91
10-11-12, 9:52 pm
Blondie,

P
Agree P![/QUOTE]

I think its a good sign to see everyone worked up, it shows that we all care

Columbus is the Cage and nothing but for so many, but also, I think something has to be done to keep Universal out there

the fitness/supp industry is very fickle and turns and changes on a dime --- all reports from Universalusa.com and all those who attended the O (myself included) saw
the Universal setup as being successful

In todays times, I dont think its feasable to do 2 separate booths at a show for Universal, and one for Animal, but i think some sort of compromise should be reached to present both brands

Whether it be a Pro vs Pro - Universal vs. Animal battle in the cage or somthing else

If the columbus booth is as big or bigger than the O setup was-- maybe go halfers --- setup a new type of cage that would only take up half to 3/4 of booth size, that is more open for everyone to come and go through

then the other half or quarter, setup as Universals version of muscle beach circa 1970

this way Pros vs Pros can go head to head maybe in squats in the u cage, and an old school bench on the Universal side

maybe a deadlift platform to tie everyone together in the middle???

i know, its a kinda out there idea, and those who love the cage will probably not stand for it being a little smaller --- Maybe go with a special Universal themed box for the Animal cage???
Its very tough, you want to keep the Forvm-Animal Faithful but reach out to the new loyalists created by the re-birth/refocus of the universal brand

i love all the debating on here, and even if everyone hates my ideas, i find it encouraging to see how passionate everyone is on the topic

Blondie Weapon X
10-12-12, 1:18 am
I myself, dont differentiate Animal & Universal even though I know they are. Is this odd?
I enjoyed seeing Universal share the booth last year. It took me by surprise at first, but I liked it.

I say keep sharing and promoting both; I call this family. Then a year or two from now feature Animal 2 days then Universal 2 days or am Animal and pm Universal, make sense??

MRmichael.hooker
10-12-12, 8:29 am
Arnold comes to the cage. So does the Rhino. They weren't eating hotdogs with the chicks in tight universal tshirts. Cage wins lol.

deanna7272
10-12-12, 9:47 am
Arnold comes to the cage. So does the Rhino. They weren't eating hotdogs with the chicks in tight universal tshirts. Cage wins lol.

Exactly AND they sip on Rage and pose for pics with the some of the best ambassadors in the sport, pretty much... ;)

Seath308
10-12-12, 8:03 pm
I remember watching this event even before I was sponsored or even posted on the forVm! Maybe we could bump the weight up to 500 so and have Some Animals take down Tom Platz 500 for 23!?!? Just a thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8w4LLpbfc

GUNS
10-12-12, 10:35 pm
I remember watching this event even before I was sponsored or even posted on the forVm! Maybe we could bump the weight up to 500 so and have Some Animals take down Tom Platz 500 for 23!?!? Just a thoughI said this one either last year or the year before. I think this is one of the great feats that should be tried!
How bout a real powerlifting event for a total? Even spread the 3 events out so there is more time for recovery, and each guy comes in fully charged. Or 1 lift per day from Fri-Sun!

Seath308
10-12-12, 10:51 pm
I said this one either last year or the year before. I think this is one of the great feats that should be tried!
How bout a real powerlifting event for a total? Even spread the 3 events out so there is more time for recovery, and each guy comes in fully charged. Or 1 lift per day from Fri-Sun!

Maybe Seath Vs. Higa in the Cage!

P Diesel
10-13-12, 12:07 am
I remember watching this event even before I was sponsored or even posted on the forVm! Maybe we could bump the weight up to 500 so and have Some Animals take down Tom Platz 500 for 23!?!? Just a thought.

that would b wild as shit, def wouldnt b me. that's one for u to shoot for Seath my brotha

P

P Diesel
10-13-12, 12:09 am
I said this one either last year or the year before. I think this is one of the great feats that should be tried!

def a good suggestion GUNS

a battle that has been in the making. id love to see it first hand.

P

Vinny G
10-13-12, 6:36 am
In my years of experience as the MC of the CAGE...One of the biggest attractions to the CAGE for a fan, is to see someone lifting something they shouldn't as a human.

Having a team meet is great for within , AND it's great for the FANS to see us bring the old school BROTHERHOOD to the CAGE. -

If we really want to spice things up....I think one of you guys should CHALLENGE a GIRL.

JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.

I'd have a field day MCing that one LOL

P Diesel
10-13-12, 10:43 am
In my years of experience as the MC of the CAGE...One of the biggest attractions to the CAGE for a fan, is to see someone lifting something they shouldn't as a human.

Having a team meet is great for within , AND it's great for the FANS to see us bring the old school BROTHERHOOD to the CAGE. -

If we really want to spice things up....I think one of you guys should CHALLENGE a GIRL.

JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.

I'd have a field day MCing that one LOL

well since u brought it up, i would personally love to see u take on Jess Scofield in deads, and I will MC that one.

P

Vinny G
10-13-12, 6:13 pm
well since u brought it up, i would personally love to see u take on Jess Scofield in deads, and I will MC that one.

P

only if i can shave your BEARD with no shaving cream!

Blondie Weapon X
10-14-12, 12:20 am
I maybe interested in deadlifts for reps...

Blondie Weapon X
10-14-12, 12:21 am
only if i can shave your BEARD with no shaving cream!

hahaha...that would be a bloody mess!!

GUNS
10-14-12, 1:27 am

Oh he'll yeah! Seath vs Garrett guns Griffin! 100 lb difference.

twoheadedboy
10-15-12, 3:43 am
I've already got the time off; there had better be a Cage and an ABC!!!

Also I must throw my hat in the ring for a hoodie; I did NOT dress properly last year (cold as fuck at times and unbelievable winds) and I would have bought one in a second.

Also agree on something other than rebranded iconics...they're cool, but I'm not buying those again this year.

HIGA MONSTER
10-15-12, 9:40 am
I already beat you earlier this year. You don't want to go through that misery again.

HIGA MONSTER

Kowboy
10-15-12, 9:53 am
I am excited for the Arnold, I am excited for the cage. I would have a tough time w/out the cage. One of hte concerns for me would be continuing to do the lifting demos, pro vs bros, bench your bodyweight etc. Without the cage there would be way too many people floating about and my favorite thing aout the cage was being able to hang out w/ the Animal and Universal Athletes. I know things have to change but man the cage is iconic in my mind to the Arnold. I think people would walk by and think something was wrong if the cage wasn't there. If you have something bigger and better that is fine but I doubt I would enjoy the booth w/out the cage and all the lifting exhibitions.

Razor
10-15-12, 9:55 am

Ahh Kuclo. What a beast. That Arnold was insane.

P Diesel
10-15-12, 10:16 am
I maybe interested in deadlifts for reps...

deadlift for reps, a girl after my own heart

P

Blondie Weapon X
10-15-12, 10:31 am
deadlift for reps, a girl after my own heart

P

Maybe the young man Vinny would be up to a challenge with a young chick like me !!

GUNZ
10-16-12, 10:03 am

lol GUNS i like that, David vs Goloith!! All i know is im freaking jacked as all hell for the Arnold to get here and lift in the Cage. No Cage and ill fip out, been watching the freaks lift in here for years wanting more then anything to be part of it!! Cage gotta happen. Im game for anything, ill run with anyone on the bench, its what i love. Also Flat DB presses, iv nailed the 190lb big boys for 7 reps @210 bodyweight. Bottom line, im game for anything and just being part of the brotherhood. I do like the idea of Universal vs. Animal in some lifts, would be good shit.

HIGA MONSTER
10-16-12, 10:12 am
Ahh Kuclo. What a beast. That Arnold was insane.
Yup, here is a different camera angle from that Cage in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmHSCkF1LNo

HIGA MONSTER

GUNS
10-16-12, 10:12 am
lol GUNS i like that, David vs Goloith!! All i know is im freaking jacked as all hell for the Arnold to get here and lift in the Cage. No Cage and ill fip out, been watching the freaks lift in here for years wanting more then anything to be part of it!! Cage gotta happen. Im game for anything, ill run with anyone on the bench, its what i love. Also Flat DB presses, iv nailed the 190lb big boys for 7 reps @210 bodyweight. Bottom line, im game for anything and just being part of the brotherhood. I do like the idea of Universal vs. Animal in some lifts, would be good shit.

Agree, its gotta happen.

You cant play with those little 190's in the Cage, 200's or nothing! lol!

mritter3
10-16-12, 10:59 am
I already beat you earlier this year. You don't want to go through that misery again.

HIGA MONSTER

And the smack has begun...lol would love to see you 2 duel it out!

Seath308
10-16-12, 11:30 am

Seath vs. Higa (Both top ranked 308's) and Big Ben Rice vs. Gunz Griffen (both top ranked 198's)?

Seath308
10-16-12, 11:31 am

HIGA MONSTER

Oh after I spank you at the West Coast Open On December 1st your going to want a rematch.

P Diesel
10-16-12, 1:21 pm
Seath vs. Higa (Both top ranked 308's) and Big Ben Rice vs. Gunz Griffen (both top ranked 198's)?

i will happily b a spectator for both

P

Kowboy
10-16-12, 2:00 pm
i will happily b a spectator for both

P

Ditto on this one

GUNS
10-16-12, 3:25 pm
I would love to see Garrett OHP in the cage! His OHP is epic to say the least!

GUNZ
10-16-12, 6:57 pm

Yea we are def pretty close on totals, I got much respect for Ben Rice and im game for anything!!

I would love to see Garrett OHP in the cage! His OHP is epic to say the least!

Thanks GUNS, im def down to OHP. Its one of my favorite lifts, how much longer do we have till Cage?? lol dam

Big C
10-16-12, 9:21 pm
I miss the Pros/Bros squat offs, the deadlifts are surely insane but the Squat matchups of the past were freakin' epic. I think it was missed last year.

MRmichael.hooker
10-16-12, 9:40 pm
What about GUNS vs GUNZ?

GUNS
10-16-12, 9:48 pm
What about GUNS vs GUNZ?
What you talking about, mud bug eating?

HIGA MONSTER
10-16-12, 10:53 pm
Oh after I spank you at the West Coast Open On December 1st your going to want a rematch.
Make sure you carry my gym bag in Oregon too, BITCH.

For the record, its "Washington state champion" too Seath. You will address me as so for the rest of 2012.
I already told you about that...don't forget it or I will slap you up side the head.

twoheadedboy
10-16-12, 10:54 pm
I think the eat-off at BD's should be expanded...I don't want to see the west coast send their B team this year against our boy from the midwest, NiX0r.

MRmichael.hooker
10-17-12, 8:58 am
Make sure you carry my gym bag in Oregon too, BITCH.

LMAO

Kowboy
10-17-12, 9:19 am
I think the eat-off at BD's should be expanded...I don't want to see the west coast send their B team this year against our boy from the midwest, NiX0r.

I am down on this. I also request we hit up Thurman's as the Thurmanitor is the only food challenge while in columbus that is worth a shit. Best burger in town, and lots of it.

MRmichael.hooker
10-17-12, 9:29 am
I am down on this. I also request we hit up Thurman's as the Thurmanitor is the only food challenge while in columbus that is worth a shit. Best burger in town, and lots of it.

bring it on

Nix0r
10-17-12, 10:09 am

My first year we tried to get in, but none of us wanted to wait 2 hours to get a table, so we crushed BD's instead.

deanna7272
10-17-12, 10:16 am

Kowboy
10-17-12, 10:18 am
My first year we tried to get in, but none of us wanted to wait 2 hours to get a table, so we crushed BD's instead.

It is totally worth the 2 hour wait lol

twoheadedboy
10-17-12, 1:32 pm
Maybe if we order Nix a large pizza to be delivered to him in line while waiting for that other place...this is a guy that routinely eats 2 Qdoba burritos in a single sitting, you want to make him wait 2 hrs for his pwo meal? He grants no penance, shows no mercy, feels no pain - just a diabolical machine hellbent on eating, there may be Juggernaut but he's like Galactus The World Eater (for you comic fans out there)

P Diesel
10-17-12, 1:39 pm
Maybe if we order Nix a large pizza to be delivered to him in line while waiting for that other place...this is a guy that routinely eats 2 Qdoba burritos in a single sitting, you want to make him wait 2 hrs for his pwo meal? He grants no penance, shows no mercy, feels no pain - just a diabolical machine hellbent on eating, there may be Juggernaut but he's like Galactus The World Eater (for you comic fans out there)

2 qdoba burritos, double steak. thats light work

P

Kowboy
10-17-12, 2:22 pm
2 qdoba burritos, double steak. thats light work

P

Sounds like a pre-meal snack :) I had to quit going to Chipotle when I realized I could destroy two of them pretty easy. Knocking out about 2800 calories lol. I love to eat, it is what got me to my nice girlish figure.

Animal
10-17-12, 3:17 pm

Who said that? I said we don't care what other companies think about us and what we do at the Arnold. Big difference. The Cage is 100% about the fans, the people who breathe life into Animal - the people who have supported us and honored us with their trust and loyalty. We do the show for them, to give back to the brotherhood and not for other supplement companies. We don't run the event thinking, "Shit, we'd better put on a great show or [a competitor] will think less of us. Because what they think of us really matters to us."

deanna7272
10-25-12, 12:24 am

deanna7272
12-06-12, 12:29 am

Just an FYI... Clicking the link gives an instant update!!!

Christman
12-06-12, 8:32 am
Just an FYI... Clicking the link gives an instant update!!!

I love it, only 85 days!!! tick...tick...tick

deanna7272
01-21-13, 12:20 am
39 days....

Boy, how time flies....

Phil800101
01-21-13, 3:51 pm
39 days....

Boy, how time flies....

Time dilation makes it fly the fastest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjuyXR5by2s

Look it up.

And now it's only 38...

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 2:34 pm
39 days....

Boy, how time flies....

Excited?

deanna7272
01-22-13, 2:45 pm
Excited?

Eh, it's not like I've had a room booked for months, or anything like that...

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 2:51 pm
Eh, it's not like I've had a room booked for months, or anything like that...

Good thing.

deanna7272
01-22-13, 3:42 pm
Good thing.

Yea, THOSE kind of people are a little "out there"...