PDA

View Full Version : Oats

1skinnyassedrunt
04-09-12, 3:36 pm
Just wonderin' brothers and sister I have been confused about this for years and never asked. When you say you eat a cup of oats, is that a dry or the cooked measure? I cooked a batch up today and 1 cup raw is about 4 cups cooked. I kept thinkin' no wonder I ate that lot and then puked an hour later. Do you brothers and sister count the oats as cooked or raw?

Aggression
04-09-12, 3:41 pm
If I say I'm eating one cup of oatmeal, I count the uncooked version. So once its done cooking, its more than 1c, but I don't know about it being 4c. I use the quick oats, the 1min-in-the-micro type. So maybe it's different than when cooking them on the stove.

1skinnyassedrunt
04-09-12, 3:43 pm
If I say I'm eating one cup of oatmeal, I count the uncooked version. So once its done cooking, its more than 1c, but I don't know about it being 4c. I use the quick oats, the 1min-in-the-micro type. So maybe it's different than when cooking them on the stove.

Thanks bro, its prob not 4 cups its two and a half. I've never had a bit appetite so im gonna start with 1 cup (cooked measure) and increased to one and a half etc.

steve.austin7
04-09-12, 3:52 pm
Just wonderin' brothers and sister I have been confused about this for years and never asked. When you say you eat a cup of oats, is that a dry or the cooked measure? I cooked a batch up today and 1 cup raw is about 4 cups cooked. I kept thinkin' no wonder I ate that lot and then puked an hour later. Do you brothers and sister count the oats as cooked or raw?

I know exactly what you mean bro. Every time i cook my oats now i do half a cup uncooked mixed with a cup of egg whites and the other half of oats in a protein shake. Got that from Ox

C.Coronato
04-09-12, 4:02 pm
Oats are measured pre cooked for sure. One thing i found that helps, our very own Universal Athlete Josh Halladay introduced this to me, simply put the oats in a bowl, add milk, and eat cold. Works wonders and you can down a cup in no time.

brianfox77
04-09-12, 4:16 pm
Oats are measured pre cooked for sure. One thing i found that helps, our very own Universal Athlete Josh Landry introduced this to me, simply put the oats in a bowl, add milk, and eat cold. Works wonders and you can down a cup in no time.

That is an awesome idea!

I normally put a cup of oats in my protein shake and slam it....well chew it. Looks gross, but tastes great!

Joe J
04-10-12, 2:28 pm
Oats are measured pre cooked for sure. One thing i found that helps, our very own Universal Athlete Josh Halladay introduced this to me, simply put the oats in a bowl, add milk, and eat cold. Works wonders and you can down a cup in no time.

Yeah fuck cooking them. I throw my oats in a bowl with a tablespoon of wheat bran and a table spoon of splenda and just cover with milk, tastes like cookies I swear I could eat that shit all day.

1skinnyassedrunt
04-10-12, 5:11 pm
Oats are measured pre cooked for sure. One thing i found that helps, our very own Universal Athlete Josh Landry introduced this to me, simply put the oats in a bowl, add milk, and eat cold. Works wonders and you can down a cup in no time.

Used to do that all the time bro, thought id try cooking some up in water and adding whey and some apple sauce to it. 1 cup (cooked measure) went down easy.

abucci58@gmail.com
04-10-12, 11:21 pm
Definitely measure dry...I usually measure 1 or 1.5 cups out, throw them in a bowl, then mix 1 scoop of chocolate whey with water and pour it into the bowl, then nuke it for 2 mins. Tastes like heaven.

Solid Dreams
04-11-12, 2:36 am
Josh Halladay's idea is amazing, when I was eating breakfast I used to just have my oats like that, maybe toss in a few craisins to have something sweet with it.

pushin weight
04-11-12, 4:45 pm
Josh Halladay's idea is amazing, when I was eating breakfast I used to just have my oats like that, maybe toss in a few craisins to have something sweet with it.

I just add 1 raw cup of oats to my protein shake and chug away....easiest/fastest way to get em down for me.

Solid Dreams
04-11-12, 8:44 pm
I just add 1 raw cup of oats to my protein shake and chug away....easiest/fastest way to get em down for me.

I did that, once. It just clumped into the bottom of the shaker/mixer and failed miserably.

TigerAce01
04-11-12, 9:33 pm
Measure your oats dry. Grind up the oats in a Magic Bullet/blender dry, create a flour, then pour the flour into your shake.

Drink.

Done.

-Ace

B.C.
04-11-12, 11:33 pm
I am also a believer in NOT cooking my oats. I will sometimes, but not if I'm getting in a whole cup. When I put them in a shake I make it ahead of time, Ox style, and let them soften. I have also been known to just soft cook 2-3 eggs, break the yolks over the oats in a bowl, mix it all up, and eat the whole thing once the yolks soak into the oats. They won't get totally soft, but enough so you can chew them.

pushin weight
04-12-12, 10:12 am
I did that, once. It just clumped into the bottom of the shaker/mixer and failed miserably.

You have to shake it up and chug immediately( within a few minutes at the most)

pushin weight
04-12-12, 10:13 am
Measure your oats dry. Grind up the oats in a Magic Bullet/blender dry, create a flour, then pour the flour into your shake.

Drink.

Done.

-Ace

Great idea here....

DEADn
04-12-12, 11:50 am

I keep oatmeal very simple for me. I heat up water for 30 seconds and then put in about 4 big tablespoons of oatmeal. Mix it and put it in the microwave for 10 seconds and then mix it again. Then I put in a teaspoons worth of sugar and eat from there. I know some people will be bananas and blueberries and so forth in it. I do ocassionally but when I make stuff I don't care for all that pizzaz unless I need it. I just make it and eat it as is- I am no frills when it comes to that.

D-NUTZ
04-12-12, 4:01 pm

I do this, but use water instead of milk. Add some cinnamon and its damn good.