PDA

View Full Version : I'm Austin Rowe

rowe62
04-11-12, 12:28 am
I've been on here for a couple years and I've learned so much just by looking I've started some posts and what not but now I'm going to take this one serious. My name is Austin David Rowe. I'm from Ironton, Ohio. I'm 30 days away from being a senior in high school. I play football, powerlift, and run track. I love football I've done it since 4th grade and I'm alright at it. But football got me into weightlifting just to get better and it also got me into track to stay in shape for football. And I lifted with the team and some gains. I'm not the biggest guy but I give it everything my 5"6 body can do. It wasn't until the end of my freshmen year I became friends with Tom Saul he's 2 years older then me but just 1 year ahead of me in school. And I began to lift with him and I haven't looked back. He is the reason I'm where I'm at today. So sophomore year came and went we did alright in the season. But ASAP after the season me and Tom hit the gym he then introduced me to powerlifting. Ironton hasn't had a powerlifting team in years so it was just me and him. And the 1st meet was regionals we had 3 months to get ready for it. I didn't have anything I just went raw. And in the 165 weight class I came in 5th. Not bad for my 1st try but that ended the season for me. Tom went on to State and got 6th. But another season came and went in football. Once again we did alright in the season but my heart was now somewhere else. That 5th place ribbion ate away at me. It drove me to be better. This time after the season it was Tom me and our friend Drew. He decided to lift with us and to powerlift with us. And so we had 2 months before the 1st meet and Drew was new but he gained quickly. We all did. Time flew by in the winter and before we knew it it was lifting time. I was now in the 175 weight class but I felt confident this meet was only bench and deadlift. Tom won everything in his class, 1st place an top bench and deadlift. Drew won his class. And then there I was waiting to see how I did. I got 3rd place. That pissed me off so much my 2nd year was 3rd and Drews 1st year he won. Although I had top deadlift and 3rd place it wasn't enough. And so we had 1 month until regionals. I made it my goal to beat drew and to win. We all trained hard but then we had a deliema. Our gym told us not to deadlift anymore. So for a few weeks we couldn't deadlift until we found a new gym. It was in Russel, Kentucky at a fitness world owned by Corky Salyures. So we finally got back into lifting and bam regionals was here. All 3 of us won our weight classes and moved on to state. I has a 440 deadlift, a 575 squat( the new regional record) and a 250 bench. I was happy but here I was going to state the 2nd one in my family to ever go. I wanted to make everyone proud but exspecialy my Papaw he is the father I never really had. Mine is a drugie who beat mom and the 2nd is just a prick but Dad # 3 is alright. Anyways we had 2 weeks. It was a 4 hour drive and we stayed the night before and then we competeted. I put everything I had into this. Drew got 3rd, Tom won and got top squat and deadlift. I had a 240 bench, a 565 squat, and a 490 deadlift. I won by 45 pounds and my opening squat was 565 top squat by 65 pounds and my deadlift was my 2nd one. It took everything I had to push it up. But I won. I made everyone proud. My papaw cried he was so proud of me. The only one in my family to have a state championship victory hell we didn't even have a coach it was just us 3 against schools with coaches. And yea I was happy but in all honesty I'm not proud of myself. I feel that I need to more next year. I wasnt satisfied with my numbers. I dont know why I feel how I do about it I just can't help it. I still wish I knew. But now it's time for football again for probably another desent season until next years powerlifting. So now it's time to lift to get better at everything but I just hope I can work hard enough to be satisfied next year.

mcbeast
04-11-12, 1:34 am
You have made some impressive gains over the years & seem to have a similar drive as I do. Hell, I'm 5'6" too haha. What's your bodyweight at right now? What training program are you following, if any. What's the diet look like. Need anything don't be afraid to shoot me a pm..

rowe62
04-11-12, 8:09 am
Well my diet isnt the greatest. I have a money issue. Currently I am not lifting but this next week Im going back into it full blast. My current weight is 177.3 on the scales this morning.

mcbeast
04-11-12, 11:30 am
Get your weight up, and with that your numbers will rise. In this day & age tons of people have money issues. Including myself. Stick to the basics and you will be golden. Milk, Eggs, Meats on sale, oats, etc. Eat junk food when you can.

Look forward to seeing your training next week..

rowe62
04-11-12, 9:04 pm
My goal on weight is 185-190 I will be more then happy with that. And next week after I lift I will post my workout. I will be working out with Tom his workouts have never let me down before.

rowe62
04-16-12, 8:11 am
This morning I woke up at 6:00 I did a quick ab workout, and then ran for 15 mins down the road and back. I then had a breakfest of Bannana Cream oatmeal I wasnt able to fix eggs like I wanted i just need to make it up throughout the day now. Today Im going to have to lift at 8:30 Leg day. So this should be a great day for me. Im so excited to finallly starrt lifting again full time. I regert taking so much time off like I did. I will post my workout later this evening.

mcbeast
04-16-12, 11:14 pm
Hope the training went well brotha. What's the purpose of the run & ab work in the AM. When you wake up you should be fragging yourself to the fridge..

rowe62
04-17-12, 8:09 am
I hit the legs pretty good. But the run in the morning and ab workout just wakes me up and gets me ready to go. Should I not do that in the morning and just eat?

rowe62
04-24-12, 8:12 am
I havent posted in a while. I havent been able too. But today at 4 Im working out and this time I will post the workout.

rowe62
04-29-12, 4:11 pm
Today was legs. 7 sets of 3 at 315. The last two sets were 345 then 405 at one rep for the last set. We then has leg extensions until failure. 4th set of 10 I failed on 6 at 210.

rowe62
05-02-12, 7:58 am
Yesterday was Chest. Incline bench, dumbbell press, and chest flies.