PDA

View Full Version : It's Finally Happened...after almost 10 years

adidas
04-11-12, 9:13 am
My poor Animal "Shut the f... up, and train" T-shirts have finally soaked up enough sweat, blood, tears, puke, snot (and perhaps a few other bodily fluids)
since 2002 that they finally fell apart. I owned 2 of them, both were items I recieved from purchasing Animal Pak cans from a local health food store where I lived at the time.
I wore them all the time (well at least 2-3 times a week depending on laundry schedule lol)...
but last week around the same time they both just started to over show their age and wear...
to the point the collar was just hanging on by threads and the sleaves had armpit holes I could put my arms though
and small holes scattered through out the back and chest of the shirts. I wore them with pride and always with a smile...
but now I send them off on their last journey to the One Great Gym in the sky...

So now I need new Animal Shirts and a skully! I surely hope the new shirts can last at least half that long!

but here's my question, which shirt should I get? Repalce them with the same things? get one of the Iconic shirts? The Plain "Animal"? any suggestion are welcomed?

or share a story of your Animal clothing too lol

ghost
04-12-12, 9:03 am
from the classics, to the LE's to the Iconics, i have a LOT of animal clothes. the older shirts were definitely thicker and heavier than the newer ones and seem to last a lot longer as well. i love my old school shirts. still wear them all the time man

adidas
04-12-12, 9:07 am
Yeah I think the shirts I have were both made by Anvil and damn they were thick... but I tell ya what they were comfortable and capable of taking a beating. I'll definetly miss them. I'm thinking I might snag a one of the iconics, already ordered a Skully!

ghost
04-12-12, 9:14 am
Yeah I think the shirts I have were both made by Anvil and damn they were thick... but I tell ya what they were comfortable and capable of taking a beating. I'll definetly miss them. I'm thinking I might snag a one of the iconics, already ordered a Skully!

the iconics are rather sweet

Beowulf
04-13-12, 5:19 pm
My Shut Up & Train t-shirt is still going strong. I also wish they'd make the black Iconic t-shirt a standard item.

adidas
04-16-12, 7:41 am
My Shut Up & Train t-shirt is still going strong. I also wish they'd make the black Iconic t-shirt a standard item.

They make (made?) a black iconic shirt? That'd be sweet!

C.Coronato
04-17-12, 1:04 pm
'Tis a sad day.

They make (made?) a black iconic shirt? That'd be sweet!

It was an LE item at the Arnold this year.

adidas
04-17-12, 2:27 pm
'Tis a sad day.

It was an LE item at the Arnold this year.

damn... well I got the skully, but haven't settled yet for a shirt...so many too choose from...

maybe the olive drab will be back soon! I'll snag that one this time!

Cranky
04-20-12, 7:40 am
Yeah man, I gotta get one of those skull caps myself. I have the foldover winter hat and wore the shit out of it during this past winter at work, the gym, and around the house. Thing is dirty and grungy as hell, but no holes or stitching issues whatsoever. Thats a great pick for the colder months.
Also, my wife picked me up a ton of U/Animal gear for our anniversary, and my new fav. is the yellow U tank. Comfortable and looks bad ass. You cant lose with that one!

Appollonian
04-20-12, 8:25 am
I have 2 iconics and I wear them A LOT. They are durable as they hold up well in the wash, and they fit perfect each and every time I put them on (they don't bell out so to speak). I would get a new iconic, and a classic shirt to keep the tradition going. That said I'm going to be being an older 'Animal' shirt myself soon.

alpha24
04-21-12, 6:50 pm
The LE black iconic tee from the Arnold is pretty sick. A buddy of mine at my gym had to pull me aside and eagerly ask where I got it because he "didn't see it on the site" lol.

Universal Rep
04-26-12, 11:16 am
My poor Animal "Shut the f... up, and train" T-shirts have finally soaked up enough sweat, blood, tears, puke, snot (and perhaps a few other bodily fluids)
since 2002 that they finally fell apart. I owned 2 of them, both were items I recieved from purchasing Animal Pak cans from a local health food store where I lived at the time.
I wore them all the time (well at least 2-3 times a week depending on laundry schedule lol)...
but last week around the same time they both just started to over show their age and wear...
to the point the collar was just hanging on by threads and the sleaves had armpit holes I could put my arms though
and small holes scattered through out the back and chest of the shirts. I wore them with pride and always with a smile...
but now I send them off on their last journey to the One Great Gym in the sky...

So now I need new Animal Shirts and a skully! I surely hope the new shirts can last at least half that long!

but here's my question, which shirt should I get? Repalce them with the same things? get one of the Iconic shirts? The Plain "Animal"? any suggestion are welcomed?

or share a story of your Animal clothing too lol

It sounds like the end of an era... How bout the OD green Animal T? Like in the Mio commercials?

adidas
04-27-12, 6:53 am
Yeah man, I gotta get one of those skull caps myself. I have the foldover winter hat and wore the shit out of it during this past winter at work, the gym, and around the house. Thing is dirty and grungy as hell, but no holes or stitching issues whatsoever. Thats a great pick for the colder months.
Also, my wife picked me up a ton of U/Animal gear for our anniversary, and my new fav. is the yellow U tank. Comfortable and looks bad ass. You cant lose with that one!

I'm not a tank top fan...but if the tank top is comfy I'm sure the rest of the line is too...
and that's a good wife!

adidas
04-27-12, 6:54 am
I have 2 iconics and I wear them A LOT. They are durable as they hold up well in the wash, and they fit perfect each and every time I put them on (they don't bell out so to speak). I would get a new iconic, and a classic shirt to keep the tradition going. That said I'm going to be being an older 'Animal' shirt myself soon.

Thanks Appollonian! That's sounds like a good plan. One Iconic and one old skewl!

adidas
04-27-12, 6:56 am
It sounds like the end of an era... How bout the OD green Animal T? Like in the Mio commercials?

I'd love the OD green Animal T! Is it scheduled to hit the shelves again any time soon!?
And I laugh everytime I see that commercial with the Rhino wearing that Animal shirt... 1st thing I thought of was Animal/Universal Nutrition!

Universal Rep
04-27-12, 9:20 am
I'd love the OD green Animal T! Is it scheduled to hit the shelves again any time soon!?
And I laugh everytime I see that commercial with the Rhino wearing that Animal shirt... 1st thing I thought of was Animal/Universal Nutrition!

Stay tuned...

FYI, that t-shirt, "Shut The F... Up & Train" is bein phased out...

adidas
04-27-12, 10:41 am
Stay tuned...

FYI, that t-shirt, "Shut The F... Up & Train" is bein phased out...

Well that's shitty, but cool too...gives something new to want to find and wear now then form you guys...

Also is that Mio commercial a plug for you guys too?

Universal Rep
04-30-12, 3:12 pm
Well that's shitty, but cool too...gives something new to want to find and wear now then form you guys...

Also is that Mio commercial a plug for you guys too?

So did ya find the t-shirt ya wanted?

The Mio plug had nuthin to do with Corporate... Turns out the fellas who put that commercial together were big fans of the Animal brand from what I understand.

adidas
05-02-12, 7:10 am
So did ya find the t-shirt ya wanted?

The Mio plug had nuthin to do with Corporate... Turns out the fellas who put that commercial together were big fans of the Animal brand from what I understand.

I think I'm going to go with one of the 77' Universal Shirts...now the hard choice...Black or Yellow?! :-O

That's freakin' awesome! nice free plug for you guys!

Universal Rep
05-02-12, 10:32 am
I think I'm going to go with one of the 77' Universal Shirts...now the hard choice...Black or Yellow?! :-O

That's freakin' awesome! nice free plug for you guys!

Ya mean these?

http://www.universalusa.com/Universal/Products/Gear/Universal-Logo-t-shirt-black

http://www.universalusa.com/Universal/Products/Gear/Universal-USA-77-t-shirt-yellow

Mebbe we should start a poll for ya and let the members decide, haha...