PDA

View Full Version : How do You Train?

Cellardweller
04-19-12, 9:48 pm
There are so many different ways to train. I thought it would be cool if everyone gave a shout out for whatever method you use. There's 5/3/1, 5x5, Bosshogg, DC, Westside just to name a few. There's the Animal routines too. Routine #5 got me back in the game 3 years ago. Currently I'm doing 5/3/1. What are you useing?

Henious
04-21-12, 1:07 pm
my overall goal is to build, but Strength is size to a degree so I try to incorporate a bit of both. I follow the animal 19 split, not all the same exercises they change work out to work out, usually I will start with my heavy lifts, Deads, MP, Squats and Bench and train them in a 8/6/4/2 fashion. After these heavy sets I usually wont pick up a weight unless I know I can get 6-12reps. and im a huge fan of 21s ( Especially on the leg extension! I have a bad knee and pre exhausting them on leg extension using 21s prior to squating has deff helped save my knee) and the HRT training method is great to I use em like drop sets!

Carrnage
04-21-12, 4:46 pm
Right now, my training is pretty much what Evan Centopani does, atleast 2 sets to failure on every exercise, doing more resting/eating than usual. Nothing special, heayy compound movements, heavy isolation movements, instinctive volume, training to failure, ensuring my body is physiologically recovered from each individual workout is my goal when adding mass.

TigerAce01
04-21-12, 10:15 pm
My own hybrid program.

Keep an eye out for a later thread for the whole program I have written. Really, it's for inexperienced raw lifters with 0-3 meets under their belts. It encompasses everything from off season strength gain in months 1-2, a peak bridge in month 3, and a meet peak in months 4-5. Also, I brought up ideas for myself regarding the point of my training phases, and found them to be: Train the Lift, Build the Lift, and Prime the Lift. My journey doesn't tell the whole story because I'm saving some secrets until after my meet, as long as it yields the proper results.

I basically created it as no program had everything I needed, and other programs either left me burnt out or did not yield the results I wanted. I love the use of bands and chains, but they only have a certain place in raw training. I love max effort, but I am not experienced enough nor do I have enough special equipment to perform it correctly or consistently. Typical programs also don't follow a lifter for long enough before a meet to properly prepare them for a peak cycle...we'll see if folks like what I have in store.

-Ace

Joe J
04-22-12, 10:20 am
High Intensity, Yates style.