PDA

View Full Version : Little question..

05-03-12, 6:46 am
I'm on a no carb diet.. mainly feeding off protein, sautee and fruits.

And the question I have.. is it bad if I grill my chicken with a bit of oil.. what other options do I have? To avoid that unhealthy oil?

Thanks..

naturalguy
05-03-12, 7:50 am
Why are you on no carbs?

If you are going to do no carbs then you should be adding fats, not all oil is unhealthy, there are several healthy oils such as coconut oil and macadamia nut oil which are both very good to cook with.

Animal Rep
05-03-12, 9:06 am
I agree with The Guy, NG up there. You need fats or carbs, if you are running on neither, you are not going to perform well in all aspects. If you dont want to use oil, you can use some type of spray like Pam as well. But you should be adding in almonds, PB, EVOO, ect as well.

Mr. Dead
05-03-12, 11:10 am
Are you going completely no carb...??? Or are you cycling or "pulsing" your carbs...??? I ask, due to more of a long term health concern... The brain needs carbs to function... Prolonged periods of absolute no carbs is unhealthy... Are you at least getting in cheat meals...???

P Diesel
05-03-12, 11:43 am
I'm on a no carb diet.. mainly feeding off protein, sautee and fruits.

And the question I have.. is it bad if I grill my chicken with a bit of oil.. what other options do I have? To avoid that unhealthy oil?

Thanks..

i agree, why are you going 'no carb'?

i feel as though u would get much more benefit from a reduced carb and or cyclying carb diet. like was already mentioned u need a certain amount of carbs each day for normal body functions bro. not only that, ur training has to be suffering as a result. fill us in.

P

Universal Rep
05-03-12, 12:10 pm
Why are you on no carbs?

If you are going to do no carbs then you should be adding fats, not all oil is unhealthy, there are several healthy oils such as coconut oil and macadamia nut oil which are both very good to cook with.

That wuz my first question as well...

zubda345
05-03-12, 12:21 pm
He made me remember myself when I was on the forum 1st... Absolutely NO knowledge about anything, not training not diet/foods no nothing... I was fat, dealing with my man boobs trying to cut down. Talking to TTL all the time, so soo worried that my worriness was the limit!!

I know what u are trying to ask...

No it's not harmful to use oil, it's just harmful if u use TOO MUCH OIL. There's no such thing as a 0 carb or 0 fat diet. About every food has carbs and fats and proteins in em. U might be on a v lil carbs diet but U should not do that... raise ur carbs a lil bit... green vegies, bread also sometimes and things like that... keep it simple and basic... What u need to do is keep ur fats low, mid carbs and high protein.

Even fry the meat if u want to (not in a shit ton of oil), everyone (usually) fries their meat when they are going to cook it.

Again YES U CAN OIL EM WHEN U R GOING TO GRILL OR BARBQUE THEM OR WHATEVER.

B.S.
05-03-12, 12:55 pm
no fats or carbs? whats your brain functioning on? are you sleeping at all?
i went on a 10 day backpacking trip eating nothing but fish and i couldnt function on the last day not to mention left leaving looking emaciated vascularity and fullness were next to nothing.

PORTERHOUSE
05-04-12, 10:00 pm
Are you trying a keto diet? If you are, you need to look into it first, its really not a make it up as you go along type diet. You could run off no carbs your entire life if you wanted to, but you NEED fats to do it (I'm not saying you should).

Pizzalamp
05-06-12, 3:07 pm
just boil your chicken or get some cold cuts from the deli-no oil in any of those bro

Saeger
05-17-12, 10:44 am
This was a great thread for helping to educate a little on diet. Thanks newbie for posting it. And thanks everyone else for going into depth and breaking down just what we need and should look out for. Much appreciated.

Joe J
05-20-12, 4:38 pm
Great responses in this thread

ChalkyPalms
05-20-12, 4:44 pm
Completely agree with everything stated above and also if you ARE trying to go keto, you'll never achieve it since your using the fruits. It's going to store as liver glycogen still which will still cause an insulin response, even more so than some other carbs.

The most important question that's been asked is why are you trying to go no carb? What are you trying to achieve?