PDA

View Full Version : Which muscle group order would be better?

braves561
05-04-12, 7:51 pm
I normally do:

chest/tri
back/bi
shoulders
legs

would it be better to do...

chest/tri
back/bi
legs
shoulders

???

spartan300
05-04-12, 8:23 pm
I normally do:

chest/tri
back/bi
shoulders
legs

chest/tri
back/bi
legs
shoulders

???

Chest-bi
Back-tri
Quad
Delt

PORTERHOUSE
05-04-12, 9:52 pm
"Better" is going to come down to how it works out. My 4-day split:

delts/traps
legs
off
chest/bi
off
back/tri

I prefer the push/pull arrangement, but a lot of guys do it your way too, there's positives and negatives to both.

braves561
05-05-12, 1:05 pm
Chest-bi
Back-tri
Quad
Delt

"Better" is going to come down to how it works out. My 4-day split:

delts/traps
legs
off
chest/bi
off
back/tri

I prefer the push/pull arrangement, but a lot of guys do it your way too, there's positives and negatives to both.

lol argg.. two different responses with both choices being the ones i'm trying to decide on ..

anywho, i think im gonna go

chest/tri
back/bi
legs
shoulders

that way i get a break from working upper body 3 days in a row

Gymfruit
05-05-12, 11:13 pm
Why does it make such a difference? What is it about the break up of when the muscle groups are worked? Srsly asking....
:)

RK
05-06-12, 7:16 am
Might want to try the following. Its based on Yate's split, i found this to be the best split for 4 day routine.

Chest/bi
back/rear delts
delts/tri's
legs

I dont know how anyone could train tri's with back...barely conscious afterwards

Noob Saibot
05-06-12, 8:32 am
lol argg.. two different responses with both choices being the ones i'm trying to decide on ..

Quoted from Ox's "No Limit":
"You know what I think? I think you're fucking scared. I think you need someone to tell you what you should do, what you should think and how you should feel. I think you take comfort in someone telling you to do x, y and z. The bottom line is you don't have the balls to trust yourself. If you want to stand half a chance in this game you better grow a set and learn to have the strength to stand by your convictions. How many times have you done something because someone else does it? Why? Why are you so quick to assume that someone else knows better than you? Damn, have some faith in yourself."

No split is better for everyone, there is only better for you. Try out whatever you want and see how it feels. Maybe you like doing a split you've never read about online, so what. If it feels good and you are getting results, then thats the one that's "better." Don't stress man, enjoy your training.

GUNS
05-06-12, 8:58 am
I use:

Legs
Chest/Bi
off
Shoulders/Tri
Back
Off
Off

Agree you need to find something for you. Trial and error. Pick one, run it for a few months(3-6) then try something new. ANd you should not be working more than 2 days on without a day off. More is not better.

PORTERHOUSE
05-06-12, 3:44 pm
Why does it make such a difference? What is it about the break up of when the muscle groups are worked? Srsly asking....
:)

You want to find an optimal way to separate everything in such a way that you can hit each muscle group as hard as possible while allowing maximum recovery. For instance, you probably wouldn't want to train legs on Monday and back on Tuesday.

I dont know how anyone could train tri's with back...barely conscious afterwards
Shit I have been doing it forever and seeing results. I always train back first and end with tri's, and a lot of times I do weighted dips and shit, works awesome, I do almost die though by the end, of tiredness.

Trial and error

This is, in essence, what it's really all about.

PORTERHOUSE
05-06-12, 3:45 pm
chest/tri
back/bi
legs
shoulders

that way i get a break from working upper body 3 days in a row

Hold the phone, Are you planning any days off in this routine?

braves561
05-06-12, 6:47 pm
Hold the phone, Are you planning any days off in this routine?

lol of course. i dont schedule my off days though. i take them when i feel i need them.

msktyshha
05-08-12, 10:37 pm
Iam pretty much loving my new routine since every body part seems fresh when its the day to train it.

monday----back/traps
tuesday----chest
wedneesday----off
thursday----legs
friday-----shoulders,tris and bis(I only do 3 exercises for shoulders,3 for tris and 2 for bis)
saturday-----off
sunday-------off

korn_fed
05-08-12, 11:07 pm
I normally do:

chest/tri
back/bi
shoulders
legs

chest/tri
back/bi
legs
shoulders

???

The only thing I could see potentially going wrong with the second split is that your lower back is gonna be royally fucked if youre doing back and legs on consecutive days, especially if youre doing heavy deads/BB rows on back and then squats on legs. Other than that, see how the split works for you. the only way to judge a good split is by listening to your body and see how it respons

Tron
05-10-12, 10:48 am
The only thing I could see potentially going wrong with the second split is that your lower back is gonna be royally fucked if youre doing back and legs on consecutive days, especially if youre doing heavy deads/BB rows on back and then squats on legs. Other than that, see how the split works for you. the only way to judge a good split is by listening to your body and see how it respons

Ding ding ding... Although your heavy deads hits a lot of posterior chain... So really you're training lower back/hammies/glutes 2 days in a row if your squats are on leg days. I always suggest 3-4 days in between these, but then again... to each their own.

PORTERHOUSE
05-10-12, 12:08 pm
Ding ding ding... Although your heavy deads hits a lot of posterior chain... So really you're training lower back/hammies/glutes 2 days in a row if your squats are on leg days. I always suggest 3-4 days in between these, but then again... to each their own.

exactly, if your training back effectively, you shouldn't be able to squat effectively the following day.