PDA

View Full Version : Bread

World Eater
05-06-12, 6:31 pm
A lot of guys prefer to eat rice for carb but I'm more of a bread guy. Nothing beats wholegrain bread. Easy to prepare, even on the go, just bring a bag of bread and something to put on it and you're done. Might be a Dutch thing as we all eat bread here, I guess.

Was just wondering what you guys like to put on your bread/sandwiches. Personally I'm a big fan of sliced chicken, sliced roast beef, smoked beef and recently discovered the wonders of 2 slices and half a can of tuna in between. When I want to feel full, it's peanut butter all the way. When I feel like eating sweet, mom's homemade strawberry jam does the trick. The possibilities are endless, what's your fave?

C.Coronato
05-09-12, 12:11 pm
I do like bread as well.

Tuna Melt - Tuna and cheese on some nice toast is great.
PB and J
Club sandwich

All solid choices in my book!

machineman
05-09-12, 12:32 pm
Funny you should ask....Here at the shop I work at, a coworker and I LOVE peanut butter. I think we currently have almost 2 loaves of bread (mostly mine) and 4 containers of peanut butter. Nothing easier nor quicker than some pb on a slice of bread.

Kowboy
05-09-12, 1:09 pm
My wife just started making our own bread. We do the 100% whole wheat and it is absolutely amazing. Hell even the french bread is healthier then some of the crap you buy in stores. Nothing beats a nice fresh loaf right out of the bread machine.

World Eater
05-11-12, 3:32 pm
My wife just started making our own bread. We do the 100% whole wheat and it is absolutely amazing. Hell even the french bread is healthier then some of the crap you buy in stores. Nothing beats a nice fresh loaf right out of the bread machine.
Oh yeah, that's great. We used to do that here and still do on weekends. There's a mill that still grinds wheat and all that only a few km from here, makes for the best bread.

Machineman... 2 loaves I can understand, as the three of us combined eat 1,5 loaf a day. But the peanut butter, 4 containers? How fast do you work through those man, haha!

Joe J
05-14-12, 3:25 pm
I fucking love bread. Seriously. Wholemeal bread is my favourite carb source by far. Especially homemade, god this is making me hungry. :(