PDA

View Full Version : cardio after weights

msktyshha
05-07-12, 9:08 pm
http://www.ergo-log.com/cardioafterweighttraining.html

interesting article on this subject, whether to do cardio directly after weights or not. whats your opinion on this.

C.Coronato
05-09-12, 11:39 am
Looks good to me. I have always done cardio post training, with the addition of in the AM as well, but id rather simply do it post.

Thanks for sharing bro.

msktyshha
05-09-12, 12:14 pm
yes its something I always wanted to know cause its much convinient to do cardio right after weights. Wish they did a study with throwing in a pwo in between the cardio and weights during the 20 min rest and see how that affected the fat burn. I know this maybe a question that has been asked so many times, but when do you take your pwo if you do cardio right after weights?

Joe J
05-09-12, 5:23 pm
yes its something I always wanted to know cause its much convinient to do cardio right after weights. Wish they did a study with throwing in a pwo in between the cardio and weights during the 20 min rest and see how that affected the fat burn. I know this maybe a question that has been asked so many times, but when do you take your pwo if you do cardio right after weights?

You're PWO shake would be taken after the cardio.

Personally, I always keep all my cardio as far away from the weights as possible.

zubda345
05-09-12, 10:31 pm
You're PWO shake would be taken after the cardio.

Personally, I always keep all my cardio as far away from the weights as possible. yeah doing cardio after weights helps... But it aint that good as the one done away from workouts.

korn_fed
05-09-12, 10:48 pm
Pretty cool article, I've never thought about the effects of adrenaline produce by weight training on cardio before, but now that I think of it, I'm definately more pumped up to do cardio immediately following an intense weight session than doing cardio on an off day or at a different time during the day

PORTERHOUSE
05-10-12, 9:21 am
Interesting article. I've always done it this way and it has worked. If the article said the opposite I wouldn't have changed because like I said it works for me, but it is nice to see some research that aligns with your training every now and then.

Saeger
05-10-12, 11:08 am
Always done it this way when I workout. My main concern was losing energy for lifting but glad to hear it burns fat better this way.

Ady
05-10-12, 1:15 pm
Tried doing cardio before weights for abit and found I was too tired to lift heavy so now do it after, glad to know its beneficial for fat burning as well