PDA

View Full Version : Scaly foam on ST & A7...

Bruiser
05-08-12, 10:57 am
I was wondering if anybody else had the same issue that I have with the nasty scaly foam on Shock Therapy and Atomic 7? I've never noticed it on any other Universal products, so I'm guessing it's from the flavoring they use in those two. Anyone know the cause? When I would mix A7 with whey it wouldn't happen, but with just water it did. Ideas guys? Comments?

Solid Dreams
05-08-12, 11:40 am
I get it, but then I just shake it harder. It's not like some of the prewos I've seen where it foams up and then stays foamed, just gotta shake it for 30 seconds to a minute.

J-Dawg
05-08-12, 1:33 pm
The slight foaming is caused by some of the hydrophobic (water fearing) ingredients (typically BCAA) that break down slower than those ingredients which are hydrophillic. A7 due to the very high content of BCAA/serving size has a bit more foaming than Shock Therapy which per serving is loaded with other more hydrophillic (water-loving) substances overall. These hydrophobic substances tend to settle after a few mins post-mixing.

Mr. Dead
05-08-12, 1:36 pm
What J said... (Happens with EAA Stack, as well...)

mnmvilla2002
05-10-12, 5:15 pm
I notice it with my EAA Stack as well. I just shake it more and let it sit before drinking.