PDA

View Full Version : My Road to Redemption.

Guinness
05-09-12, 10:24 pm
Four years ago I destroyed my chest traing to power lift... I leaft the gym for 4years, taking the time to get my life in order and to look back at what i had lost. Now I ready to rebuiled im ready redeem my self as a lifter and to my self. pushing for a bench record or competing for wolds strongest man my no longer be in the cards but I can and well be the best Beast I can be.

Gaols

1) Get the body down to 250-260lbs from 300lbs.
2) Beanch, dead lift and squat body waight 100X in one set.

This is my path of Brutality.

Guinness
05-10-12, 4:24 pm
Here I stand at the end of week 8 looking back at the set up of the last 2 weeks I cant help but feel a litttle good.

Bench 135lbs
shrug 135lbs
Revers shrug 135lbs
Bentover row 135lbs
low pull 100lbs
leg-press 300lbs
calf rais 810lbs
iron cross 30lbs
curls 20lbs
tri-kicks 20lbs
Flys 20lbs
Wrist curls 20lbs
Wrist extention 15lbs
Each lift is done as many time as i can befor my form breaks, with the gaol of reaching 100 reps in 7 set or less. last night all lift were completed in 3sets or less.

I now feel that i em ready to get down to some real work.
see you in the gym.

Guinness
05-12-12, 7:01 pm
Ya Its bin a long time sins i Grabed the bar and did a dead lift but I figuerd id put it off to long.

Its only 135lbs no big deal (inless its bin 4 years lol). Rep one was a little odd switch to sumo form and dig deep 30 reps in one set, the burn in my legs and gluts in intenss but as I watch the arm on the clock go round i know i only have 60 secons to breath set two i only got out 18 reps and by set seveen it was only 10 but at the end it was 100 reps and I had beat the beast... I em going to add deadlifts to my training durning my cut time next month nothing kicks my ass like deadlifting.

Guinness
05-14-12, 4:20 am
I dug deep and I got the 100 reps I wanted the 100 reps I needed... pool of sweet on the floor tells me I did my job, the pain in my body tells me I'm alive...this is what I should of bin doing all those years waisted time to make them up.

Guinness
05-15-12, 12:50 am
Im gearing up for my cut thats coming up. I think Im going to deadlift my way throu my cut. Nothing beats me like deadlifting. I got to cut 10lbs a month. to make my goal.

Guinness
05-16-12, 5:53 am
To night was another good night made it throu and feel like I earnd ever rep. I asked for some help on the forvm didn't realy get what I was hoping for but not a big deal. I did get some good info from it. An I think next week I'm going to go back to iso one section of my body a day. I may split so my cardio is in the after work. So it well go "lift-work-cardio-sleep" just so I'm not so run down at work. Up side to tonight was getting 45 reps on the dead lift in one set. Even at only 150 I feel like this is somthing to be proud of almost half way to my goal.

On other notes I need to look at making my grip stronger. I feel like I could of done more deads if my grip had not failed. I could look into hooks but I would feel better if I could do it with out the use of hooks.

As far as wieght loss gose. Everything is on point came in at 298lbs to night. This is still about 2.3lbs a week. Mucle mass looks better then it has in years. I can't wait to see how thing look and feel at 260, I well cheak body fat once at 280 and every ten lbs after.

mcbeast
05-16-12, 5:56 am
100 rep deadlifts sound brutal. Not to knock you, but I'm sure after about 12-15 your form breaks down without even knowing it. Watch out for injuries with this type of training..

Guinness
05-16-12, 5:28 pm
100 rep deadlifts sound brutal. Not to knock you, but I'm sure after about 12-15 your form breaks down without even knowing it. Watch out for injuries with this type of training..

No biggs Bro, i thank you for looking out for me, The form is the killer got to rep it a little on the slow side to watch for that break down. when i see my form is to out of line i stop bad form is a failed lift in my book. i got glass on all sides of me at the gym so i can keep a pretty close eye on it, but you are right and i do thank you.

Guinness
05-17-12, 4:01 am
I went swiming with the wife tonight. To day being a recovery day it was nice to relax in the pool. Tomarow its back to the grind, and back to the high rep grind. I think I'm going to join the wife at the pool on all my off days for now on, just feels good to keep moving.

Guinness
05-18-12, 4:04 am
I split to night in to two groups pulls and pushs work all of one group taking a short 10min break and then moved on to the next group.

High lights of the:
Deadlifts 4 sets 25reps at 150lbs
Bench 5 sets 20 reps at 150lbs

Lows of the night:
Sqauts started strong at a nice 25 reps but failed to reach the 100rep toatal befor 7 sets was up.

Only have one night of full body work left befor I change to working every section on its own night.

All othe lifts to night were done in 5 sets or less.

Guinness
05-18-12, 4:24 pm
So power iv had plenty of time to think about this word. I thought about it when I was powerlifting, I thought about it in recovery , I thought about it as I was getting clean. I thought power was lifting 800lbs, but that all changed for me when a budy of mine showed me a vid of this guy bench his weight 52 times... I don't know if it was real and I don't even care, it was cool. To see the bar rais that many times... it made me rethink power pushing 800lbs is still cool and still power but I gess I now know that power has many forms

Guinness
05-20-12, 6:13 am
Last night of full body work went well. All lifts were done in 5 sets or less. well got to get cleaned up and head to work.

Guinness
05-21-12, 5:20 am
To night felt good.

test night on Bench 195lbs, 185lbs, 175lbs.
Repping each lift tell I I can only perform 3 reps then I drop weight.

Finished the night with a speed curl run

Db curls
Ez curls
Hammers
Revers ez curls

To night is a good night

Guinness
05-21-12, 3:49 pm
Ok so im finily home and about to pass out, but feel i sohould put this in my notes

As I iv started looking at power in new ways, Iv begone to look at history and how the power of the body was built in times long passed. How did the Big men of the past get so dam BIG, and how the hell did they get so strong. I look at the greeks, romans and the celts and i see one trend and thats that they all had a hell of alot of work to do and no one was doing it for them. this has lead to some intresting thoughts on how some forms of power are fromed.

the school of bodybuilding is of the practices of destroying just enuff to make the rebuilding start-growing (yes that is a over simple way of looking at it but for this thats as far as we need to go)

the school of power lifting is putting a increassed demand on the body forceing the body to adapted and grow to provied the power needed to acheave the task.
(yes that is a over simple way of looking at it but for this thats as far as we need to go)

in both schools the body is being forced to adapt.... so in thery if you want to lift a weight of 100lbs a 100 times then you must look at the total work witch is Weight X Rep witch in this case =10,000lbs
so if you could not lift said weight that many times you could lift said weight to fail then lightin weight and contiue in tell the total of all the weight lifted = 10,000lbs
If you continued to work this way pushing for more reps with each workout the body would adapted alowing you to reach the goal of lifting 100lbs a 100 times. witch would be a boost in power and endurance.

High rep training may not have a use in BB or PL but seems that it could pay off for mass-strenght building.

I knew getting back to lifting was the only way I could face my self again and the vid my budy showed me of the guy doing his weight at high reps gave me the gaol i need to redeem my self, now Im simply finding the The road for this odd goal, and in it i may have found a new way of life to live by, a way that allows me to feel like the person i was once so proud to be. I may not walk the life of a power lifter any longer but Perhaps its the life of a man compeled to build workers strenght. (others may of already done this I dont know, I just want to see were this road gose)

Guinness
05-28-12, 2:25 am
I fell dwon some steps the other day lost to days of lifting do to the pain in my hips and low back from the fall. First night back and its chest night o ya. time earn my keep

Guinness
06-12-12, 1:06 pm
So Its the first day off iv had in 2 weeks thought id up date the log.

The break down training is going well starting at 250-300lbs depending on the lift and working my way down as i reach failure is showing the results i was hopping for. my Body fat is dropping with a total of 30lbs of fat now off my body. iv stopped cutting for now leaving my body at 285lbs this is still not the 250-260 i was planing to stop at but I'm going to focus more on the endurance of strength before i drop more weight.

High lights
Dead lifted 250lbs for 16 reps in a set
bench 200 lbs for a solid 21 reps in a set
Body look balanced and I'm 30lbs lighter.

Down sides
I tried to beat my PB on dead lift (4 years ago it was 710lbs) by lifting 855lbs and i could only get the bar to my knees, not to bad seeing as how im not trying to power lift this was simply me being stupid and trying to prove something to my ego (witch is a failure in it self, the gym has no place to a ego)

New stuff
I'm going to stop my currant work outs for a week and spend some time working other smaller muscle groups as well as working on my Clean&Jerk in place of my normal 3 core lifts (bench, squat, dead lift) this well give me something new to do for some fun and its a grate power building move.

Guinness
07-14-12, 9:42 pm
Its bn too long sins I updated this and to day i got the time.

Last night was a true tes to my legs and proof that its time for me to change. Leg press has bin maxxed out for some tim now at 18 plates 9 per each side. so last night i went to the gym with the hopes of destorying my legs. i started with

hip add and hip abd 5 sets at 20 reps with 100lbs each.
then i did squat at 350lbs for another 5 sets at 20 reps a set
then i hit the leg press i started it with 6 plates 50 reps then 12plates another 50reps the 18 plats for 100 reps then backdown and still my legs had more to give.
so i did extentio and leg cruls s well s calfs at 18 plates on the press.

I was going to do more but i ran out of time. so im conflited as to what to do about my legs.

there realy is not much interms of fat on them and i wonder if should just let them go for a bit, i maen i still work them with Deadlifts so maybe i could do with out a leg day a least for alittle bit. after all its not my legs that give up on my Deads or squats its my back.... much to think on...well its cheast night to nght any way.

Guinness
09-01-12, 12:41 am
Nothing New Work, wor, gym sleep work repet.

Guinness
12-04-12, 1:18 am
Its bin to long since I've updated my journey. I'm still hitting the gym 4-5 days a week. I'm also still doing high reps at 100 plus. My body has regained its symmetry an I have gained confidence in my self and in my lifting again. I still have along way to go but I go forward with full confidence that in the coming months-years I well reach my goal.

As for currant training it looks like this.

Day 1: incline bench, flat bench (barbell one week dumbbell the next), skull crushers, kick backs, flys, dips, tricep pulldowns, abb work (I keep it random) and finish with 20-40min of cardio.

Day 2: deadlifts, rows, hack deads, pullups, shoulder press(barbell and dumbbell), 20-40min of cardio

Day 3: 60min cardio

Day 4: hammer curls, barbell curls, ez curls, reverse ez curls, cable curls, shoulder press, front squats, abb work, 20-30min cardio

Day 5: leg curls, leg extension, lunges, leg press (leg press is done to failure)

Currant goals are to grow arms and back. Find lifting partner to help with a supper set week.
Well ill try to keep this more up to date for now on.