PDA

View Full Version : Joe DeFranco Triple H article

Carrnage
05-15-12, 10:51 pm
Awesome read!

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/nutrition/5622-changing-the-game-triple-h-s-new-training-regimen.html

R-Man
05-15-12, 11:21 pm
Thanks for posting this bro. I respect triple h. Always trying to figure out something new to better his workouts, health, physique etc...

I remember watching the match where he tore one of his quads. I think it was against kurt angle, his quad was literally hanging off & yes he did finish the match.

adding 120 on your bench in 2 years is insane.

Carrnage
05-15-12, 11:26 pm
The little paragraph about not training to failure is so true, I wish more bodybuilders would understand this.

Glad you liked the article!

greek91
05-16-12, 1:15 am
killer article, pro wrestling aint no joke. probably one of the most demanding physical activities in the world. if it works for him, it should work for most

Joe J
05-16-12, 5:39 am
The little paragraph about not training to failure is so true, I wish more bodybuilders would understand this.

Glad you liked the article!

I enjoyed the article but I felt this bit was a little misleading and not entirely true.

Ady
05-16-12, 1:30 pm
Liked the part about training the stabilisers that's so crucial and soo overlooked by most people including me!!!

Aggression
05-16-12, 1:44 pm
I can't imagine how guys like HHH and 'Taker, both whom have been in the WWE (or wrestling in general) for upwards up 20yrs, still walk and move easily.. On the road basically year-round, no time for family, friends, etc. Unreal dedication to a job where you're literally beat the fuck down night after night. I've read a few autobiographies of WWE SuperStars and its amazing the pain they push through on a nightly basis. Look at some of the older guys, like Hogan. Dude can barely walk anymore. Respect.

Carrnage
05-16-12, 4:01 pm
I enjoyed the article but I felt this bit was a little misleading and not entirely true.

May I ask how is it misleading?

Carrnage
05-16-12, 4:03 pm
I can't imagine how guys like HHH and 'Taker, both whom have been in the WWE (or wrestling in general) for upwards up 20yrs, still walk and move easily.. On the road basically year-round, no time for family, friends, etc. Unreal dedication to a job where you're literally beat the fuck down night after night. I've read a few autobiographies of WWE SuperStars and its amazing the pain they push through on a nightly basis. Look at some of the older guys, like Hogan. Dude can barely walk anymore. Respect.

People talk so much crap about how prowrestling is "fake", and how prowrestlers are just actors.......the reality is....guys like Taker, HHH, Austin, HBK, The Rock, those guys are real life superhero's.

Joe J
05-16-12, 4:23 pm
May I ask how is it misleading?

You know I thoroughly believe that training to absolute momentary failure is the most efficient way of training. This article says otherwise and gives invalid reasons for why so, so I disagree there and believe the information to be misleading. Apart from that a great article.

Aggression
05-16-12, 4:51 pm
You know I thoroughly believe that training to absolute momentary failure is the most efficient way of training. This article says otherwise and gives invalid reasons for why so, so I disagree there and believe the information to be misleading. Apart from that a great article.

To each, their own. I personally wouldn't ever train to absolute failure on a consistent basis. I have. It fries me out, quick. I believe it to be detrimental. Even when looking at effective training systems, such as the '5/3/1', it states to not go to complete failure except on a day where the 'stars are aligned', so to speak. But if you're training that way and seeing results, keep on keepin' on, Joe! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The only exception would be Dorian Yates' style of training. But even when doing that, you need to take a break every ~8 weeks or so. Otherwise, you run yourself into the ground. I did, haha.

*Responding in a polite manner, showing there are more than one way to do things so that this thread doesn't become derailed.

Joe J
05-16-12, 4:53 pm
To each, their own. I personally wouldn't ever train to absolute failure on a consistent basis. I have. It fries me out, quick. I believe it to be detrimental. Even when looking at effective training systems, such as the '5/3/1', it states to not go to complete failure except on a day where the 'stars are aligned', so to speak. But if you're training that way and seeing results, keep on keepin' on, Joe! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The only exception would be Dorian Yates' style of training. But even when doing that, you need to take a break every ~8 weeks or so. Otherwise, you run yourself into the ground. I did, haha.

*Responding in a polite manner, showing there are more than one way to do things so that this thread doesn't become derailed.

Good response mate! I have trained with Dorian and follow him religiously. Every 6 weeks I cycle off bro. :)

Carrnage
05-16-12, 6:21 pm

Hmmm I see your point. But Defranco is 100 percent right about not training to failure "all the time", it would be more misleading if he were to say train to failure every workout just because 1 athlete is getting results out of it while the other 99.9 percent of his clients were getting side effects of CNS burnout?

But I do see your point, and you understand "recovery", I see your not training that many days a week (3-4 right?) so your able to recover from your workouts just fine, alot of athletes are high frequency trainers (some may go 7 days a week, 2x a day!) so they must only "Fire up" the CNS not burn it out which is what Defranco is trying to say. I don't have to worry about you though Joe J because you understand high intensity workouts = longer recovery periods as a system, I just don't want to see a newer trainee train 6 days a week with a bunch of intensity techniques for muscular failure.

Carrnage
05-16-12, 6:24 pm

Yeah man, their are benefits to every training style, its really structuring your workouts to the workouts you can fully recover from thats going to get you the results.

*Notice my responses for the past couple days? Im getting better at responding without ruining a thread haha. Improvements!

Joe J
05-16-12, 6:54 pm
Hmmm I see your point. But Defranco is 100 percent right about not training to failure "all the time", it would be more misleading if he were to say train to failure every workout just because 1 athlete is getting results out of it while the other 99.9 percent of his clients were getting side effects of CNS burnout?

But I do see your point, and you understand "recovery", I see your not training that many days a week (3-4 right?) so your able to recover from your workouts just fine, alot of athletes are high frequency trainers (some may go 7 days a week, 2x a day!) so they must only "Fire up" the CNS not burn it out which is what Defranco is trying to say. I don't have to worry about you though Joe J because you understand high intensity workouts = longer recovery periods as a system, I just don't want to see a newer trainee train 6 days a week with a bunch of intensity techniques for muscular failure.

Yeah man, I only hit it 4 times a week, and cycle off 1 week every 6 weeks. I agree with all you've said in this post mate.

Carrnage
05-16-12, 7:51 pm
Yeah man, I only hit it 4 times a week, and cycle off 1 week every 6 weeks. I agree with all you've said in this post mate.

That 1 week off after every 6 weeks is crucial especially for a high intensity very taxing style of training that you do. Good to see your taking it.

Beach91
05-17-12, 4:58 pm
Thanks for the link Carnage, def a good read

Aggression
05-17-12, 5:04 pm
*Notice my responses for the past couple days? Im getting better at responding without ruining a thread haha. Improvements!

Yes, you are. haha. Keep it up.