PDA

View Full Version : Low Reps, High Volume

ruiner_zer0
05-16-12, 2:05 am
I believe high rep ranges works best for my legs, it's not science it's my experience and everyone is different. However, same thing happens when I try to build up my back, I've been looking at my logbook and I found out, cycles I did high volume with 5 seconds hold (Squeezing muscles) my back improved a lot. I don't know about other body parts but I never tried low reps with long hold for my back. I'm a bit confused about wot's going on. Now I don't know is it the hold or high rep range?! If it's hold, should I do it with low rep ranges (4-6 & 6-8)?

Thank you,

Carrnage
05-16-12, 2:41 am
I believe high rep ranges works best for my legs, it's not science it's my experience and everyone is different. However, same thing happens when I try to build up my back, I've been looking at my logbook and I found out, cycles I did high volume with 5 seconds hold (Squeezing muscles) my back improved a lot. I don't know about other body parts but I never tried low reps with long hold for my back. I'm a bit confused about wot's going on. Now I don't know is it the hold or high rep range?! If it's hold, should I do it with low rep ranges (4-6 & 6-8)?

Thank you,

Click on this link, this will improve your understanding on hypertrophy.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/38-articles/52-why-all-muscle-was-not-created-equal.html

Carrnage
05-16-12, 2:47 am
This too

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/hypertrophy-and-muscle-growth.html

Joe J
05-16-12, 5:36 am

Thank you,

If you concentrate on the contraction of each rep, as you say 'squeezing the muscle' you're muscles will improve. Try doing some Mike Mentzer style reps, 4 seconds on each portion of the lift. (positive, static, negative) and you will see some serious improvements my man.

Carrnage
05-16-12, 4:16 pm
If you concentrate on the contraction of each rep, as you say 'squeezing the muscle' you're muscles will improve. Try doing some Mike Mentzer style reps, 4 seconds on each portion of the lift. (positive, static, negative) and you will see some serious improvements my man.

You really believe in a full contraction eh? No joint pain? Do you notice greater pumps when utilizing a static holds? For me for some reason it kills my pump, I don't even know why it kills my pump lol.

Joe J
05-16-12, 4:17 pm
You really believe in a full contraction eh? No joint pain? Do you notice greater pumps when utilizing a static holds? For me for some reason it kills my pump, I don't even know why it kills my pump lol.

I believe very strongly in concentrating meticulously on all portions of the rep. Sure, I get pumped as fuck when I train, but it's not something I use to tell me whether the workout was effective or not.