PDA

View Full Version : Bigger, Peeled & Huge Forearms

Juniiito
05-16-12, 10:43 pm
Yei Yei Yei, EveryBody Talking About Chest, Back,Bicep Tricep Legs... But What About Some Really Important Muscles?? What About Forearms? Lower Back? Calves??....

Actually I'm Doing ForeArms Inter-Day What You Think???

Ady
05-17-12, 7:02 am
I have a whole day for calves lower back and abs, I guess it may not work for everyone but I don't use a belt and my calves clearly love getting hammered, I know some people train calves at the end of workouts but that never really worked for me

Bruiser
05-17-12, 7:26 am
I've found that the best way to get huge forearms is by not training your forearms, but instead train your grip. I've had better luck training for pure grip strength than I did for forearm size. Plus it helps with functional strength, and a powerful grip will help you in all your other lifts. What I do is hit grip every other training day opposite abs. Get a Captains of Crush and some Fat Gripz. Those will blow your forearms up faster than you can believe!

Saeger
05-17-12, 7:50 am
Does anyone use the weight on a rope and wooden dowel exercise for the forearm (sorry I don't know the technical term for this device, lol). I have used it and feels awesome on the forearms, but im curious what you guys think about it and what other exercises are out there that I could be missing.

Bruiser
05-17-12, 7:56 am
Does anyone use the weight on a rope and wooden dowel exercise for the forearm (sorry I don't know the technical term for this device, lol). I have used it and feels awesome on the forearms, but im curious what you guys think about it and what other exercises are out there that I could be missing.

Those work great! Try static holds with HEAVY weight, plate pinches, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, etc.

Saeger
05-17-12, 8:30 am
Those work great! Try static holds with HEAVY weight, plate pinches, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, etc.

I will be sure to add those to my routine. Should I focus on forearms on my day for the bi's?

Stovall
05-17-12, 1:01 pm
Ah Captians of Crush........love them. I started out with their Trainer and they were deadly at the beginning. I never sit down and train my forearms anymore. They would never grow so i tried to kill them in the gym and nothing worked. Started doing power rack deads and the growth started.

Bruiser
05-17-12, 1:11 pm
I will be sure to add those to my routine. Should I focus on forearms on my day for the bi's?

Try it different days and see what works best for you.

Ah Captians of Crush........love them. I started out with their Trainer and they were deadly at the beginning. I never sit down and train my forearms anymore. They would never grow so i tried to kill them in the gym and nothing worked. Started doing power rack deads and the growth started.

Exactly! Stop training size, and start training grip strength and the blow the fuck up. Try some heavy ass rack pulls with Fat Gripz.... Holy hairy fuckballs! You won't even be able to hold your dick while taking a piss for three days! Lol.

Juniiito
05-17-12, 7:51 pm
I've found that the best way to get huge forearms is by not training your forearms, but instead train your grip. I've had better luck training for pure grip strength than I did for forearm size. Plus it helps with functional strength, and a powerful grip will help you in all your other lifts. What I do is hit grip every other training day opposite abs. Get a Captains of Crush and some Fat Gripz. Those will blow your forearms up faster than you can believe!

Yooo Thanks My Man!!, I Just Got Like 4 sets Of Captain Crushes tha Ive Never Used Hehe, Thanks..

Stovall
05-18-12, 4:51 am
Exactly! Stop training size, and start training grip strength and the blow the fuck up. Try some heavy ass rack pulls with Fat Gripz.... Holy hairy fuckballs! You won't even be able to hold your dick while taking a piss for three days! Lol.

Yeah no joke! I don't have the Fat Gripz but i have a bar that is soley used for gripping. After every workout i run another layer of duct tape around it. the bar just gets thicker and thicker every week and forces you to improve. no exception there!

rainman
05-18-12, 9:34 am
I've found that the best way to get huge forearms is by not training your forearms, but instead train your grip.
I have big forearms from this theory. I've never directly trained them but have always included weighted chins and upright rows in my routines. I've found barbell curls with a 7ft. bar held just over shoulder width also hits them hard.

C.Coronato
05-18-12, 9:40 am
I train forearms every arm day. I have been doing it that way since I can remember. I also very very rarely use straps. Both will help with size.

Pizzalamp
05-18-12, 2:45 pm
defintely work on those forearms

im not a fan of direct forearm work
i just got finished building a winter cabin up in vermont, and ive been chopping a lot of firewood-gripping the heavy ax has been great for my forearms

in my basement gym i have a few hanging ropes which i climb up-and my forearms get a great pump from that
i also just installed some new monkey bars in my gym and going back n forth across them is great work for the forearms

i also like to use a gorilla gripper throught the day

Joe J
05-18-12, 3:20 pm
I've never trained my forearms. I hit one set of hammer curls to failure a week, lift heavy in compound movements and they grow. I believe they get more than enough work without having to directly hit them.

Juniiito
05-19-12, 5:50 pm
Well I See Now That The Best Way Its Just Not Training Them, I Used To Do It Inter-Day And I Had Many Great gains, but I guess if I do captains it'll go better, so ill keep with captains and let's see how it goes...

GUNS
05-20-12, 2:54 am
I have no problem with my grip, and I work forearms for size. Alot of guys following my post tell me to ditch the straps, which I agree with them if they are powerlifters. But if your going for size, I would use them. Why stop working your back when your grip fails and your back has more left in the tank? I can still hold my max deadlift without straps. I do a forearm only day for my military pt. Here it is if you want to check it out!

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/GUNS/Videos/The-GUN-Show/Forearms

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/379547_2774241560648_1396320943_2978026_2113911837 _n1.jpg

Deathride
05-21-12, 4:08 am
Forearms, calves AND lower back?

Deadlifts. Without straps.

Training economy, people. I have never done a forearm squeeze / plate pinch etc in my life and the combination of lifting heavy things, not using straps and masturbating at least twice a day every day (come on, someone was going to say it sooner or later!) has given me more than enough forearm development to keep me in proportion.

mm_tris
05-21-12, 9:13 am
smash em hard once a week maybe once a fortnight something like what GUNS workout shows... probably less for that frequency.
concentrate on a slow negative and throw in some heavy rope twists at the end for a massive pump.

deadlifts, no straps.

Bruiser
05-21-12, 9:14 am

Training economy, people. I have never done a forearm squeeze / plate pinch etc in my life and the combination of lifting heavy things, not using straps and masturbating at least twice a day every day (come on, someone was going to say it sooner or later!) has given me more than enough forearm development to keep me in proportion.

Thank you. Lol

zubda345
05-21-12, 1:11 pm

I used to do em sometimes in my old gym. they were good.

Right said Bruzie. Since I am in the gym where there are usually all fat bars, I can see my forearms goin up.

Ahahahahahahahaha lol do u really do that?

smash em hard once a week maybe once a fortnight something like what GUNS workout shows... probably less for that frequency.
concentrate on a slow negative and throw in some heavy rope twists at the end for a massive pump.

deadlifts, no straps.

Guns got some great forearms. I agree with the slow -ve point.

Deathride
05-21-12, 2:47 pm
Thank you. Lol

More than welcome. If a tone needs lowering, I'm known as......the.......tone lowerer.

And zubada, yes I do just lifting heavy things without straps. Why do you ask?

Joe J
05-21-12, 4:50 pm
Ahahahahahahahaha lol do u really do that?

I can't see anything funny about what he said.

Deathride
05-22-12, 3:06 am

I know Joe, some people just have a filthy mind.

brick13
05-22-12, 6:59 am

You ain't lying brother...had my 1st workout with Fat Gripz this morning...forearms are screaming right now! Thx for the heads up.

GUNS
05-22-12, 8:11 am
FatGripz are great to use for alot of other exercises like pullups, bb rows, bb curls, Hell Ive put them on the eliptical when doing cardio! Great product!

Ryan C
05-22-12, 9:37 am

I agree with this... Personally I think that if you believe that your forearms are strong enough to grip and hold the weights that your lifting on what ever excercise then why use straps on that excercise, at least that way as you gradually increase the weight over time on that excercise then your forearms will be stressed like wise on that excercise a greater deal over time... forearms come into a lot of movements on different muscle groups anyway

zubda345
05-22-12, 3:58 pm
More than welcome. If a tone needs lowering, I'm known as......the.......tone lowerer.

And zubada, yes I do just lifting heavy things without straps. Why do you ask?

I know Joe, some people just have a filthy mind.

The way he posted made me laugh, nothing -ve. 2nd That's ZUBDA. 3rd I don't have a filthy mind!

Deathride
05-23-12, 2:37 am
I know, zubda. Deadpan straight face humour doesn't work with typing does it? :-D However, I still stand by my lack of forearm training and a grip strength of more than 500lb (haven't pulled more so I don't know!)