PDA

View Full Version : Leg press "substitute"

hkusp45
05-16-12, 11:16 pm
Hey all, heres the thing, I do all my workouts at home and one important thing i do not have is a leg press machine... dont have the $. anyone kno a decent "substitute" for leg presses. Im following Training Routine #19 and leg presses are listed there. Any input would b great!

mdh84
05-16-12, 11:20 pm
Can you do squats? I think leg presses are a substitute for them as it is

hkusp45
05-16-12, 11:35 pm
ya squats, hack squats, lunges are all possible. i was thinking about getting a horiztonal leg press bu tthe shit looks scary lol that and i would still need to blow a ton of money on weights unless i go light with high reps

Carrnage
05-17-12, 1:07 am
Hey all, heres the thing, I do all my workouts at home and one important thing i do not have is a leg press machine... dont have the $. anyone kno a decent "substitute" for leg presses. Im following Training Routine #19 and leg presses are listed there. Any input would b great!

Think of exercises as different "ranges of motion", all quad exercises are extending the knee, squats/leg presses/lunges/hacks are "pressing" variations, the whole point to do leg presses or hacks/lunges after squats is to use a different foot position to change the firing pattern. So whats my point? Just stick with squats, use a wide, and shoulder width(feet neutral) in your quad workouts.

mcbeast
05-17-12, 1:42 am
I have seen some strong,lean hard bodies built from just a bar and a few plates. Make it happen..

Saeger
05-17-12, 7:53 am

Thanks for posting this question. I had a similar one but you beat me to it. I do not have the access to a press machine so Im in a similar situation.

PORTERHOUSE
05-17-12, 11:06 am
Can you do squats? I think leg presses are a substitute for them as it is
boom.

I have seen some strong,lean hard bodies built from just a bar and a few plates. Make it happen..
true dat.

Get yourself a power cage, not machines.

korn_fed
05-17-12, 1:51 pm
Invest in a smith machine maybe? That way you can not only do vertical leg presses, but you can also do whatever else you gotta do on a smith machine.

zubda345
05-17-12, 2:02 pm
More squats, mixed stances. U got urself the solution! Cheers! :)

Pizzalamp
05-18-12, 2:48 pm
put a couple bags of dog food or sandbags on your shoulders and do some lunges
do single leg wall sits with chains on u
sprint
push a car
drag a car
do stair climbs for 45 minutes in a skyscraper-this is great to do so if a bodybuilder or powerlifter ever tries to chase you you can easily escape them as theyre sucking wind

Carrnage
05-19-12, 3:08 pm
put a couple bags of dog food or sandbags on your shoulders and do some lunges
do single leg wall sits with chains on u
sprint
push a car
drag a car
do stair climbs for 45 minutes in a skyscraper-this is great to do so if a bodybuilder or powerlifter ever tries to chase you you can easily escape them as theyre sucking wind

lol I love your post bro, hardcore!

PORTERHOUSE
05-19-12, 6:31 pm
Invest in a smith machine maybe? That way you can not only do vertical leg presses, but you can also do whatever else you gotta do on a smith machine.

smith machines are the devil

hkusp45
05-20-12, 8:20 pm
thnx guys! lots of help! ya i got a smith machine that i use

DMachine
06-08-12, 1:38 pm
smith machines are the devil

Haha best reply ever!

braves561
06-08-12, 8:51 pm
hack squats using a barbell on the floor

mcbeast
06-08-12, 9:53 pm
hack squats using a barbell on the floor

Yeah, that is safe.

Just get under a bar, and squat. Simple.