PDA

View Full Version : Iron Battle on the Mississippi

Freakshowelite
05-19-12, 2:37 pm
Frankl told me that conditioning your deathlift was extremely important. Your dl is the last thing you do after 6 attempts at a max effort between squat and bench. You need to condition your back so when its time to seal the deal on deads you can do it.

DEATHLIFTS!
-135x10
-225x5
-315x2
-405x2
-495x2(metal pro squatter straps down)
-585x2
-700x2
-700x2
-700x2

Vogel-Pullz:155lbs on Safety Bar, Bar weight 3in off ground
-135x5
-225x5
-315x5
-315x5
-I love this lift, it makes your deathlift so much harder. You build up so much strength in your pull

Another lift I saw Chuck V doing
-conv pull but on the way down stop at lock out and go back up. Rep and a half count as one rep. We did sets of 5.
-135x5
-185x5
-225x5
-315x5

Effort is whats gonna get you noticed, effort is whats going to take you to where you want to be.

http://www.youtube.com/QO-XM4JMeAI

http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/training-logs.asp

Polk17
05-19-12, 8:11 pm
Welcome bro, good to have you on the FORVM... I have been following your log on EFS, looking forward to seeing following you...

BTW, you and I have the EXACT same taste in music... Boom...

Bruiser
05-19-12, 8:20 pm
Glad to see you on here brother! Helluva pull day! Welcome to the brotherhood.

Kowboy
05-19-12, 8:43 pm
Welcome to the Forvm, crazy looking lifts man!

Seath308
05-19-12, 8:43 pm
Sweet!! Glad to have you on the FORVM BRO!!!

Funky
05-19-12, 8:51 pm
Welcome to te forvm glad to have you i am subbed!

Ed Eliason
05-19-12, 11:27 pm
Welcome. I look forward to following your jouney.

Solid Dreams
05-19-12, 11:49 pm
Welcome to the forum! Damn, those are crazy numbers...

violator
05-20-12, 5:03 am
"DEATHLIFTS".....haha.... gotta love it!

welcome...

BryanSmash!
05-20-12, 7:22 am
Nice to have you over here, I enjoy your log over at Elite as well!

GUNS
05-20-12, 9:52 am
Bruiser paid me to come check this out, welcome to the forvm. Strong lifts man!

Bruiser
05-20-12, 9:57 am
Bruiser paid me to come check this out, welcome to the forvm. Strong lifts man!

I said "dinner" not "dinar" you old bastard! Put your bifocals on Jimmy! Lol.

GUNS
05-20-12, 9:59 am
Oh ok, 22oz porterhouse, medium rare!

Bruiser
05-20-12, 10:34 am
Damn those Vogel Pullz look fucking brutal, boss! That's why you're the Freakshow...

Shukin
05-20-12, 10:42 am
Welcome to the family.

Appollonian
05-20-12, 11:12 am
Very strong work, welcome to the FORVM! Along for the ride for sure!

Stone_Ghost
05-20-12, 12:25 pm
Very strong work, welcome to the FORVM! Along for the ride for sure!

Awesome lifts man. welcome.

Phil800101
05-20-12, 2:47 pm
Welcome aboard!

PITBULL
05-20-12, 10:28 pm
Sweet pulls brother! Welcome to the family!

Big Al
05-20-12, 11:53 pm
Oh ok, 22oz porterhouse, medium rare!

Hey,can I get this same deal??
Another strong fucker to the brotherhood. Glad to have you here,I gonna watch and learn.

GUNS
05-21-12, 12:14 am
Al, If I can ever make it up there to get some training in with ya, this will have to be our post workout meal!

Shukin
05-21-12, 12:34 am
Al, If I can ever make it up there to get some training in with ya, this will have to be our post workout meal!

Make it happen and count me in.

BigChrisF
05-21-12, 12:44 am
Welcome to the forum. It's always great to see an experienced lifter cruising these waters.

Sprint
05-21-12, 7:19 am
Welcome home, bro

Bruiser
05-21-12, 7:28 am
Hey,can I get this same deal??
Another strong fucker to the brotherhood. Glad to have you here,I gonna watch and learn.

My wife yelled at me for tempting GUNS, but got over it. But she said NO WAY can I feed a Big Al. She said he'll follow me home, take up too much room and be too expensive to feed! Lol.

ghost
05-21-12, 7:55 am
just saw the video on the vogel pullz, those are fuckin sick...i love it

Theonidus
05-21-12, 8:38 am
Never again will I refer to them as anything but "deathlifts".
Welcome to the FORVM, brother. Defintely subbed in for some strong numbers.

C.Coronato
05-21-12, 9:22 am
Welcome my brother.

Shukin
05-21-12, 10:20 am
just saw the video on the vogel pullz, those are fuckin sick...i love it

Where is the vid? the youtube link above is broken....

Freakshowelite
05-21-12, 3:38 pm
Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone I am excited to be here I don't get to internet often so please don't get upset if it takes me a while to respond

Freakshowelite
05-21-12, 9:41 pm
Sunday looked to be a crappy training session. Saturday night my mind and body were definitely not ready for war on Sunday. Sunday morning I woke to see a message that our good friend Dan from Iowa was driving 3 hours starting at 5 in the morning just to bench with us. This absolutely motivated me to rise above the body and get my mind clear. I actually had one of my best bench days this year. So for that Dan I thank you buddy. Jeff is doing a great job of getting me accustomed to the Jack Pro shirt. Hopefully next weekend I can touch weight in the shirt.

Bench
-135x10
-185x5
-225x3
-275x2
-315x1
-365x1 1board noodle
-405x1 1board noodle
-455x3 4board (Jack Pro Shirt)
-495x3 3board
-545x3 2board
-585x2 2board
-615x1 1board(never been this strong in a shirt this far out from a meet)

615lbs
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yyitg37sFXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Floor Press
-225x3
-275x3
-315x3
-365x3
-405x3
-425x3
-455x3(large chest rubberband added)
-475x1
-500x1(Never ever done this before!!)

500lbs
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_DDixuuHJic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was an amazing bench day for me. I never usually walk away saying bench went amazing. I must finally be starting to learn the ol bench. I have a lot of great help at my disposal at P-Town. It truly showed me that you mind can overcome pain if you really unlock it. Mind is everything!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zK8ONRFWue8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Polk17
05-21-12, 10:24 pm
Nice work, have you heard the Band Parkway Drive?

Ed Eliason
05-22-12, 12:07 am
Damn, strong benching!

Solid Dreams
05-22-12, 12:27 am
Sunday looked to be a crappy training session. Saturday night my mind and body were definitely not ready for war on Sunday. Sunday morning I woke to see a message that our good friend Dan from Iowa was driving 3 hours starting at 5 in the morning just to bench with us. This absolutely motivated me to rise above the body and get my mind clear. I actually had one of my best bench days this year. So for that Dan I thank you buddy. Jeff is doing a great job of getting me accustomed to the Jack Pro shirt. Hopefully next weekend I can touch weight in the shirt.

Bench
-135x10
-185x5
-225x3
-275x2
-315x1
-365x1 1board noodle
-405x1 1board noodle
-455x3 4board (Jack Pro Shirt)
-495x3 3board
-545x3 2board
-585x2 2board
-615x1 1board(never been this strong in a shirt this far out from a meet)

615lbs
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yyitg37sFXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Floor Press
-225x3
-275x3
-315x3
-365x3
-405x3
-425x3
-455x3(large chest rubberband added)
-475x1
-500x1(Never ever done this before!!)

500lbs
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_DDixuuHJic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was an amazing bench day for me. I never usually walk away saying bench went amazing. I must finally be starting to learn the ol bench. I have a lot of great help at my disposal at P-Town. It truly showed me that you mind can overcome pain if you really unlock it. Mind is everything!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zK8ONRFWue8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is a rubberband press like a slingshot?

you are a monster!

Freakshowelite
05-22-12, 11:56 am
Nice work, have you heard the Band Parkway Drive?
I have not, but I will check them out

Freakshowelite
05-22-12, 11:58 am
Is a rubberband press like a slingshot?

you are a monster!

Possibly haha

GUNS
05-22-12, 12:06 pm
It is awesome when you can walk away with some PR's or just feeling damn good about what you just did! Congrats, great lifting!

Polk17
05-22-12, 1:08 pm
I have not, but I will check them out

Boneyards, Sleepwalker, & Romance Is Dead are my favorite songs and a good start...

Good lyrics & breakdowns, and the singer is sick, he's no Randy Blythe though...

Freakshowelite
05-22-12, 2:11 pm
It is awesome when you can walk away with some PR's or just feeling damn good about what you just did! Congrats, great lifting!
Bench has been my lagging lift, its nice to have it finally start to come around. Thanks man!

Freakshowelite
05-22-12, 3:32 pm
Carley saved the day this time. I had to work in the morning till night and was thinking I was gonna skip cardio. But Carley said lets just do it at 7am. Well great that means I gotta wake up at 6am on a Saturday morning and kill my self on the prowler then go work a full day. This is why it is very important to have great training partners. Surround yourself with people who want to improve. So on those days when your not superman, they are there to help you through. I felt much better about myself because I did do it. Thank you Carley and Kathy for being there Saturday morning.

Tire Flip+Prowler Sprint
-10 flips then run to prowler for 60yard push/sprint. Prowler had 90lbs added
-4 sets of these

I had to get going to get ready for work so I missed my abs and calves for the day.

I wanna dedicate this video to my buddy Leigh. Leigh has been in and out of the hospital fighting Pancreaitis. This man wants nothing more than to do a powerlifting meet. Every time he gets close to a meet he ends up back in the hospital. People who never give up, people like Leigh, are a huge inspiration for anyone struggling through a march to their dreams. Leigh will make it on that platform.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mFLKxAqE5fA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Freakshowelite
05-22-12, 3:33 pm
Boneyards, Sleepwalker, & Romance Is Dead are my favorite songs and a good start...

Good lyrics & breakdowns, and the singer is sick, he's no Randy Blythe though...

Just listened to a few songs. kick ass!

Polk17
05-22-12, 3:37 pm
Just listened to a few songs. kick ass!

Boom

Big Byrd
05-22-12, 9:34 pm
welcome aboard!

that cardio day sounds brutal... ill take a brisk walk on the treadmill in air conditioning for 30 min please

Freakshowelite
05-22-12, 10:36 pm
welcome aboard!

that cardio day sounds brutal... ill take a brisk walk on the treadmill in air conditioning for 30 min please

Thanks man! Will you be at the ltts this weekend

GUNS
05-23-12, 3:51 am
I wanna dedicate this video to my buddy Leigh. Leigh has been in and out of the hospital fighting Pancreaitis. This man wants nothing more than to do a powerlifting meet. Every time he gets close to a meet he ends up back in the hospital. People who never give up, people like Leigh, are a huge inspiration for anyone struggling through a march to their dreams. Leigh will make it on that platform.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mFLKxAqE5fA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leigh will appreciate this, then his head will swell up like a balloon! LOL! Yeah he goes through hell every few months it seems. Dude has had a rough one, but keeps coming back stronger each time!

Big Byrd
05-23-12, 4:21 pm
Thanks man! Will you be at the ltts this weekend

no im busy with studyin for the bar exam and finances are low now that im outta school- no more financial aid. Cant wait to get a job... in November when my bar results come back! Ill probably get a job making smoothies or something along those lines suited for my qualifications haha

Bruiser
05-23-12, 9:55 pm
Carley saved the day this time. I had to work in the morning till night and was thinking I was gonna skip cardio. But Carley said lets just do it at 7am. Well great that means I gotta wake up at 6am on a Saturday morning and kill my self on the prowler then go work a full day. This is why it is very important to have great training partners. Surround yourself with people who want to improve. So on those days when your not superman, they are there to help you through. I felt much better about myself because I did do it. Thank you Carley and Kathy for being there Saturday morning.

Tire Flip+Prowler Sprint
-10 flips then run to prowler for 60yard push/sprint. Prowler had 90lbs added
-4 sets of these

I had to get going to get ready for work so I missed my abs and calves for the day.

Thanks a ton Marshall. This is exactly what is so amazing about our sport! I've got an autographed poster of you at the Relentless meet hanging up in my garage. Whenever I'm feeling down or worn out, I look at that poster, and it mkaes me wanna dig deeper. So knowing that you find motivation in me... shows why you're such a perfect fit in the Animal family!!!!

Bruiser
05-23-12, 9:58 pm
Leigh will appreciate this, then his head will swell up like a balloon! LOL! Yeah he goes through hell every few months it seems. Dude has had a rough one, but keeps coming back stronger each time!

thanks Jimmy. I wouldnt be able to come back at all if it wasnt for you guys.

Theonidus
05-24-12, 9:25 am
Your cardio is just as badass as your lifts. Haha. This is exactly why I want to get my hands on a prowler.

Mr. Dead
05-29-12, 3:25 pm
Just wanted to pop in, and say "Welcome"...

Freakshowelite
05-29-12, 5:29 pm
So many good things happened this weekend at the Learn to Train Seminar in London Ohio I am gonna have to break it into parts.
My Friend Jason and I hit the road for London at 9pm Thursday night and drove through the night arriving in London at about 11am the next morning. Nothing like a 14hour drive to start your day. We quickly got showered and changed and headed back to the LTTS. Steve Colescott with Elitefts was kind enough to put us up for the weekend in his apartment. He provided us with a bed and food in the fridge. Steve has been a big supporter of mine and I can't say enough good things about him. The seminar broke at 12:30 I believe for lunch. When everyone was done eating some kick ass BBQ provided by EFS we headed to our training sessions for the hands on portion of the LTTS. Jason and I were paired with Jeremy Frey to teach bench. I was quite nervous to be honest, this was my first LTTS and I had no clue what we were supposed to do. Luckily for us Frey is a strength coach at a D1 school and has a wealth of knowledge from both education and personal experience. Frey took over the station and ran the whole training session. Jason and I did our best to keep up and help how we could. Bench also isn't exactly either of ours specialty so it was better having Frey behind the wheel. It took me a long time to warm up to the group because of some personal issues with social anxiety but towards the end of the day I was getting in somewhat of a comfort zone giving advice and helping the attendees. The Seminar was done around 5:30 that Friday night. We went right from the compound to the Grand Dutchman for dinner with the members of EFS. Joey Smith and Steve Pulcinella are two hilarious SOB's! The food was amazing and the company was entertaining but Jason and I had not slept in two days so we were crashing hard. We got to bed around 9 that night because we had to be up super early to eat before squats at 7 the next morning.
Thats all for now, I have so much more to tell. I met so many awsome people from both EFS and the people attending the seminar.

Freakshowelite
05-29-12, 5:30 pm
Just wanted to pop in, and say "Welcome"...
Thank you Mr Dead, I am super excited to be here

Freakshowelite
05-29-12, 5:31 pm
Your cardio is just as badass as your lifts. Haha. This is exactly why I want to get my hands on a prowler.
Train like no one else so that you can perform like no one else

Freakshowelite
05-30-12, 2:05 pm
I had forgot to mention that Friday during our lunch period I had the great pleasure of meeting the excentric Harry Selkow. I was of course hiding away from the general public and Harry came right up and introduced himself and we chatted for a while. Harry is extremely intelligent, but with most people who are extremely smart they are also extremely different too haha. Harry was awsome, short, super tan, ripped, and barefoot the whole damn time. He genuinely cares about everyone no matter their status, or "importance" in life. He makes you feel like you are someone special, like you are worth something. This kind of treatment to complete strangers makes for a great human being. Harry, your awsome!
Saturday morning cam and it was time to squat at the Compound! This was a huge dream of mine, I can only compare it to a bodybuilder getting to train at Temple Gym with Dorian Yates, or a football player getting to walk onto the field at the Super Bowl. It meant more to me than anyone will know. As a group we decided to train at 7 in the morning. Frey wanted to train at 6 but Frey is a fricken robot. There is no "time" for him, there is just flip the switch and train. For the rest of us mortals we decided 7 was as early as we wanted to train. ME squat the Compound! Jason and I had the privilege of training with the great Joey Smith and his partner Time, Dave Kirschen and his training partner. Brandon Lilly showed up to help us on squats. I learned more from Brandon that whole weekend about my squat than from anyone else. Brandon was giving me squat ques and stayed in my face from 135 to 1005. I can't thank you enough Brandon. Joey was a powerhouse as usual. He has been relying on his brute strength to move the weight but was given a lot of pointers from Brandon. Now that Joey can combine some polished form and his brute strength on top of that he is gonna move some serious weight on the platform. Dave K was machine. Flawless form all day long. Dave really impressed me with his technique. Jason and I had a great squat day, matching weight for weight and rep for rep all the way up to 1005. Jason really turned some heads. He is a squat monster!
We had to cut our training off at 10 because the lecture part of the LTTS was starting. We took the opportunity to leave the sauna that was the compound and shower up and change. After the lunch break it was time to teach squat and deathlift. Jason and I don't particularly like bench a whole lot so we welcomed the squat and deathlift stations. We were paired with Frey again. Again I had no problems with Frey running the show. I was able to come out of my shell this day. A lot of the attendees were struggling with the concept of sitting back and not allowing their knees to come forward. I remembered a trick my training partner Neil taught me, wall squats. One by one I took them outside and had them working through wall squats. What you do is you have someone face a wall, take a normal stance for squat, start with their feet touching the wall and squat down to depth without their body touching the wall. This is a great technique for teaching people to open up, sit back, and stay upright. Half way through squats I was summoned to the dungeon for an interview with Steve Colescott and Matt Kroc. Steve knows I hate all things public speaking, being put on the spot with interviews, and all things related. I get nervous and freeze up. After a few questions I started warming up and quit stuttering and saying ummmm so much. I had about 5-6 questions with Kroc, then about 4 on my own. When the interview was over was when I was finally getting comfortable, go figure!
Time for Deathlifts! Frey told me to take over because he said I knew what I was talking about. This to me was a huge honor because I have looked up to Frey my whole powerlifting journey. Frey is very particular and doesn't want the attendees getting fed crap, so for him to let me run it meant he believed I was capable. I ran through how to pull sumo and Jason helped people with conventional. Its a great feeling to know that when you teach someone they understand it and can apply it physically too. I was on cloud 9! At around 6ish the whole seminar was finished. Dave Tate had the final lecture about business. The day was over, some people hung around to bs, others had flights to catch. It was nice just hanging around and talking with the attendees. It was then dinner time with my new team at EFS. Joey as usual mad it impossible to focus on anything cuz he is loud and hilarious. After eating I had the opportunity to talk with one of my original powerlifting crushes Molly Edwards. Whoa whoa easy now Kathy and Luke. There is just something attractive abut a woman that is strong and driven. That's probably why I married one. I wouldn't give my Kathy up for anyone. Not even Joey Smith, and that's one sexy motha f#cka right there! After everyone chatted for a while Jason and I went to Joeys hotel and hung out in the lobby with Chad Smith, Mick, and Caslow. Absolute blast just reclining and getting entertained by Joey.
That is it for Saturday, tune in for the exciting conclusion of the LTTS weekend!

Theonidus
06-01-12, 9:21 am
Thanks for the seminar write-up. I'm also a lurker on the EFS site, but I haven't created an account and posted on the forums there yet. From what everyone there has been putting up it looks like the seminar was an awesome time. And I would definitely like to be involved with it sometime in the future.

Freakshowelite
06-01-12, 2:02 pm
I was obviously excited to squat at the compound but I was very eager to bench there. My bench is my weak lift. I have been trying to learn the Metal Jack Pro shirt so what better place to get pointers than at elitefts. Joey, Lilly, and Kirschen were all very helpful in getting me a touch in that shirt for the first time. The touch moved slow, but its the strongest I have been in a shirt this far out from a meet ever, so I am very happy with the results so far.

Bench
-Bar(60lbs)x10
-150x10
-200x3
-240x3
-290x2
-330x1
-380x1 1bd
-420x1 1bd
-470x3 4bd(Jack Pro shirt added)
-510x3 3bd
-560x1 2bd
-600x1 1bd
-630x1 touch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bXalsA9qbXg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I missed assistance work after squat so there wasn't anyway I was missing assistance work 2 days in a row

Floor Press
-225x3
-275x3
-315x3
-365x3
-405x3
-435x3

Tricep Cable Pressdown
-sets of 20 till the stack
-drop set from stack to bottom

Machine Dips
-7 sets of 12 working up to heaviest 12

Isolation Rear Delts
-I watched Meadows doing this
-Lay on your stomach on an incline bench and do rear delt db raises.
-Don't allow your body to raise off the bench
-4 sets of 12

This weekend was living proof that the old adage about hard work will pay off is nothing but true. I have killed myself for three years so far just to get to this moment here. Every rep, set, lift, pain endured, and discomfort felt was completely 100% worth it. Never, never forget how to dream. To many people lose sight of that. You follow any desire no matter how obscure it may seem to the outside eye. The only person than can deny you those desires is you. Stay true to yourself and your dreams and you will accomplish anything.

Freakshowelite
06-01-12, 2:05 pm
I can even begin to describe to you the feelings I felt walking into the compound with my gym bag in hand. I made it to the big show! To quote an awsome football movie from the 90's "Place at the table!" Although I did refrain from head butting peoples car windows out. Saturday was supposed to be a ME straps down double day. I didn't go into the weekend planning to squat what it did, but with the crowd, the lights, Dave Tate watching you, I was jacked up to another level! Shit got crazy!

Squat
-Bar(55lb)x10
-145x10
-235x5
-325x2
-415x2
-505x2(Jack Pro Briefs)
-595x2
-685x2(Jack Pro Suit Straps Down)
-775x2
-865x2 Big PR!
-955x1 revband
-1005x1 revband

I have to owe a lot of that squat day to Brandon Lilly. He gave me many helpful little tweaks to tighten up my form. Chest up, chin up, high bar placement, flex the lats hard, elbows under the bar. He was there every set from 135-1005 yelling at. Thank you Brandon.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aGT6SRMH76c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another view courtesy of Dave motha f#ckin Tate!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x223BH2m2IE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had the great opportunity to show my appreciation to my squat mentor Jason Ehlert by bringing him to the compound to squat. I got a lot of who the hell is this guy and where the hell did you find him haha. Jason is a Squat Monsta! He worked up to 1005 straps down revband same as me, only his looked a lot easier!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bXeSqSxTXY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

we didn't have any time to get assistance work in because the seminar started right as we were finishing up squats.

Freakshowelite
06-05-12, 1:25 pm
DEATHLIFTS! We are past the halfway mark here for our meet in Iowa and it is time to get re-accustomed to straps up pulling. To often I make the mistake of training the majority of my death lifts straps down. I feel that I am strong(er) straps down and I can pull the way I want to pull. But I find myself close to meet day scrambling to figure out my suit straps up. We put in some volume work straps up and started the straps at a low weight

Deathlifts!
-135x10
-135x10
-225x5
-315x3
-365x2(jak briefs)
-405x2(metal king pro straps up)
-455x2
-495x2
-545x2
-585x2
-635x2
-675x2
-725x2
-675x2(rev band added)
-765x2
-830x1

725x2
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T1AF2qVbZs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

830x1 revband

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KlSxTwDIT20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rack pull Sumo Raw Below Knee
-225x10
-315x10
-315x10
-315x10

P-Towns youngest member 10yr old Kaleb The Anvil Adkins laying the hammer down on a 137lb death lift! Proud of you little buddy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mrd1jq_kEFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dumbbell Pull Through
-80lb db 4 sets of 10

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VpXCz5dQHaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GUNS
06-05-12, 1:35 pm
Big congrats on the Squat PR! When your surrounded by greatness, one will do great things! Big numbers all around man!

Kowboy
06-05-12, 1:54 pm
That is fucking insane. The end.

BryanSmash!
06-05-12, 5:34 pm
Killer work!

Freakshowelite
06-11-12, 1:19 pm
Big congrats on the Squat PR! When your surrounded by greatness, one will do great things! Big numbers all around man!
thanks alot GUNS, it was such a thrilling experience to be at the, for me, big show training!

Freakshowelite
06-11-12, 1:20 pm
Killer work!
Thanks bryan, things are really starting to come together

Freakshowelite
06-11-12, 1:21 pm
That is fucking insane. The end.
Thanks Trebin, we are five weeks out, its time to turn it to high and rip the nob off!

Freakshowelite
06-11-12, 1:22 pm
My raw bench is finally feeling strong again. I always know I bench is coming around when I can finally move 405 raw easy. I can always do it but it doesn't always feel "easy". I had a lot of issues once I got into my shirt though. It was about 95-100 degrees in the gym and I was sweating profusely. I usually don't sweat a whole lot but for some reason I was sweating way more than usual. When I got to my second to last working set no matter how much I wiped the sweat off I kept sliding right out of my arch, to where I was almost flat back. I tried my planned final set with the same result. I was very frustrated but I had to tell myself it wasn't a strength or technique issue this time. I really put some work in on my accessories afterwords to make up.

Bench
135x10
225x3
275x2
315x1
365x1
405x1
495x3(Jack Pro Shirt)
565x1
615xmiss
635xmiss

Floor press
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
435x3
465x1(slingshot)
485x1(slingshot)

Floor Kenelley DB ext
30lb db
4 sets of 20

Pec Dec Rear Delt
4 sets of 25

I think it is very important to hit your accessories harder than usual when your main lift doesn't go to plan. Mentally this helps because you know you still put work in, and physically it helps make you strong(er).

The only limits we have are the ones we place on ourselves. Erase all doubt, destroy any obstacle, and never forget to dream

Freakshowelite
06-11-12, 1:25 pm
As I have mentioned before I spend my time writing my logs at a local coffee shop because I do not have internet at my house yet. I try to get there everyday to keep up on the website. I usually keep to myself, order the exact same thing, and sit in the corner as far away from people as I can. I have noticed another repeat customer that comes in via a creepy full size Chevy Van. Its got all its windows, its not one of those rape vans that have no windows. He always brings in his own containers and coffee additives. I was like ok this guy just likes organic shit or makes his own stuff so no big deal. Yesterday he was in there with another guy talking very loudly about how he is having stem cells implanted into his brain the following day. I was like stem cells in your brain really dude? He was eccentric, and eccentric and filthy rich go hand in hand so I thought well maybe this dude has way to much money and is having some weird surgery. I finish up my training logs and emails and head towards the door. I here this pssst, and this dude is on his phone, not making eye contact with me but gesturing his hand towards me. In his hand was a piece of paper. We did the whole handshake inconspicuous trade off. I get to my truck and it’s a YouTube link to look up. It was called Project Camelot. I watched the link and its this lady being interviewed. She talked about how she was raised by aliens and they taught her all their secrets. Secrets about life, re-useable energy resources, technology, and conspiracy in the government. She also described how to contact trans-dimensional beings. She talked about how she was a link between worlds. After watching this I took minute and thought, what the hell about my appearance makes me looks like an extraterrestrial government conspiracy theorist? Apparently I made this guy feel comfortable enough to extend an invitation to his following. WTF man! I am definitely never going to that coffee shop again haha. Getting probed and fed killer coolaid is definitely not on my “to do” list.

Kowboy
06-11-12, 1:30 pm
As I have mentioned before I spend my time writing my logs at a local coffee shop because I do not have internet at my house yet. I try to get there everyday to keep up on the website. I usually keep to myself, order the exact same thing, and sit in the corner as far away from people as I can. I have noticed another repeat customer that comes in via a creepy full size Chevy Van. Its got all its windows, its not one of those rape vans that have no windows. He always brings in his own containers and coffee additives. I was like ok this guy just likes organic shit or makes his own stuff so no big deal. Yesterday he was in there with another guy talking very loudly about how he is having stem cells implanted into his brain the following day. I was like stem cells in your brain really dude? He was eccentric, and eccentric and filthy rich go hand in hand so I thought well maybe this dude has way to much money and is having some weird surgery. I finish up my training logs and emails and head towards the door. I here this pssst, and this dude is on his phone, not making eye contact with me but gesturing his hand towards me. In his hand was a piece of paper. We did the whole handshake inconspicuous trade off. I get to my truck and it’s a YouTube link to look up. It was called Project Camelot. I watched the link and its this lady being interviewed. She talked about how she was raised by aliens and they taught her all their secrets. Secrets about life, re-useable energy resources, technology, and conspiracy in the government. She also described how to contact trans-dimensional beings. She talked about how she was a link between worlds. After watching this I took minute and thought, what the hell about my appearance makes me looks like an extraterrestrial government conspiracy theorist? Apparently I made this guy feel comfortable enough to extend an invitation to his following. WTF man! I am definitely never going to that coffee shop again haha. Getting probed and fed killer coolaid is definitely not on my “to do” list.

That sounds awesome! Do you have the link to the video? That shit is hilarious. I picture you as a huge dude so it probably took him a long time to get the balls to hand that to you.

Freakshowelite
06-18-12, 6:26 pm
I needed to find a way to get a good bench day in without arching my back. The arch really aggravates my back, which I am still trying to let heal. I got some great advice from my great friend Scott Nutter. He said after his hernia surgery he couldn’t arch either, but still wanted to bench. Floor presses would work great but getting up and down off the ground was not good for his surgery recovery. What he did was place a chair in front of the bench and when he laid down he put his feet up on the chair. Fat mans floor press he called it haha. You can get the advantages of doing the floor press with out actually having to get up and down off the floor. This was great because my mobility is still pretty limited. I forgot how hard it was to bench without an arch. I worked up to a three rep max, and then went to a few three board sets. This was an amazing exercise because it isolated your bench a great deal. It made the bench movement a lot harder to do. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to get through a sticking point on bench or are limited because of an injury.

Fat Man Floor Press
135x10
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x2 1bd noodle
405x3 3bd

Pec Dec Fly
4 sets of 20

Rack pull
I needed to keep my back loose so I decided to do some light rack pulls to keep my back from staying stiff
135x10 4 sets

Perseverance: Because in time even water can wear stone

Freakshowelite
06-18-12, 6:27 pm
That sounds awesome! Do you have the link to the video? That shit is hilarious. I picture you as a huge dude so it probably took him a long time to get the balls to hand that to you.
you don't want the link trust me, you wont ever get those 5 minutes of your life back haha

Polk17
06-18-12, 6:31 pm
What's wrong with your back?

Freakshowelite
06-19-12, 2:51 pm
So the alien that contacted me, who's human name is George, still comes to the coffee shop but has yet to talk to me after slipping me the YouTube website about conspiracy. Lucky for me he talks really loud and I was able to get some more intel on him today. He has started his own church in Venezuela and lives there in the winter. He was complaining today about how he is sick of the government trying to poison him. He said he keeps going to the doctor and telling the doctors that he is poisoned and that the government is doing it. The funny part is, that he said he doesn't understand why they keep trying to admit him to a mental institution haha. He was also upset that he was tired of people calling the cops on him when he to pass on the conspiracy that is going around. As long as this fruit doesn't try to talk to me I am loving it haha.

Back update: I am one week into a two week stretch of rest to heal up my back. I can finally hold my own torso up with out severe pain. I can even bend over to put my shoes on, and touch my toes! I have been spending a lot of time at my chiropractor working with ultra sound, laser therapy, electrode stimulation, and physical adjustment. It all seems to be helping me. He even said I could start squatting and deathlifting again this week as long as I keep it extremely light. I will hit some high box squats tonight with a light green band. Hopefully by next Tuesday I will be able to get back at squat and deathlifts.

"If you constantly remind yourself after every defeat, after every set back, every time you get knocked down you land on your back because if you can look up you can get up. You will fail your way to success, you will fail your way to success it doesn't matter how many times you fail, it doesn't matter how many times people tell you you can't do it, it doesn't matter if you don't have a dime to your name, you will fail your way to success. Whats very important is do you really want to win, do you really want to win? If you really want to win in life you've got to believe in yourself when no one else does, you've got to believe in yourself. You see its easy to believe in yourself when you've got a clean bill of health, when your relationship is working out fine, if you have money in the bank, if you have a secure job, if your mortgage payment is current, if you go to the doctor and he tells you oh yeah your doing really good I'll see you in a year. Its easy to believe in yourself then. Let me tell you when its really tough to have faith. When you lose your job, when you lose your retirement, when you go to the doctor and he looks at you and says you have cancer. That's when its tough to believe in yourself. That's when you need to call on your faith and say to yourself its possible, its possible I'm going to get through this, I am not going to allow this to get the best of me. I don't know what your up against, I don't know what your facing but here's what I do know. You've got something special, you've got greatness in you and I know its possible that you can live your dream."-YouTube vid

Bruiser
06-19-12, 2:59 pm
Glad to head the back is feeling better man! And if you have to ask what about your appearance screams "outsider"... Then I wonder why you picked your FORVM name. Lol.

smoothballer
07-27-12, 2:53 pm
I just realized you were posting your workouts over here. I am officially subbed. I have seen your stuff on Elite FTS. Very impressive.