PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Olympia, is it too early to get this started?

GUNS
05-23-12, 3:19 pm
Looking through the last few years, people were booking things pretty far out. The earlier you get tickets ect... the cheaper it is.

Need to start talking about hotels, newbee's showing up(me), The Cage, do you need rental cars... the list goes on.

Mr. Dead
05-23-12, 3:34 pm
Looking through the last few years, people were booking things pretty far out. The earlier you get tickets ect... the cheaper it is.

Need to start talking about hotels, newbee's showing up(me), The Cage, do you need rental cars... the list goes on.

In regards to "the Cage":
http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Forum/Live/2012-Olympia-Here-Comes-Universal

FITGYM
05-23-12, 9:34 pm
http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Forum/Live/2012-Olympia-Here-Comes-Universal

never to early....

GUNS
05-24-12, 12:25 am
Yep, forgot about that for a minute!

never to early....
Thats what I was thingking!

Just started looking at plane tickets and hotels. Never been there so just trying to put info together for me and all other. The Orleans seems to be the best deal with the group discount. Im planning on arriving on Thursday and staying till the following Wed. Make a week of it. I get the 3 - 4 days of lifting and the expo, then the wife gets a few days of vegas!

B.S.
05-24-12, 1:08 am
been to arnold but this will be my first year at the O, already stoked

GUNS
05-24-12, 3:54 am
Yeah, this is my first real chance to get there. I have been deployed for the last 4 years. But retirement soon so things are looking good for me this time!

J-Dawg
05-24-12, 8:36 am
I hear something interesting is being cooked up for the O this year.

C.Coronato
05-24-12, 8:56 am
Always a good time in Vegas!

GUNS
05-24-12, 10:11 am
Ive been following over on the USA site, but just want to get info flowing! This will be a retirement/wedding Anniversary/olympia vacation for me!

rev8ball
05-24-12, 10:15 am
Never too early. Gonna be some big things happening this year.... really looking forward to it, especially since I had to miss the Arnold.
Every year, I post a Q & A thread on hotels, food, transpo, etc. I'll do it again this year. Let me know if you have any questions.

Other than that, there's just one thing left to say to get this party started the right way: IN N' OUT, BABY!!!!

GUNS
05-24-12, 10:28 am
Never too early. Gonna be some big things happening this year.... really looking forward to it, especially since I had to miss the Arnold.
Every year, I post a Q & A thread on hotels, food, transpo, etc. I'll do it again this year. Let me know if you have any questions.

Other than that, there's just one thing left to say to get this party started the right way: IN N' OUT, BABY!!!!

Rev, been waiting for you to see this and get in here. Plans right now are to fly out and be there by lunch Thursday, hit In N Out, then check ito the orleans. The discount makes that place hard to beat. And just stay till the following Wed. Hit the expo all 3 days. The Olympia Finals on Sat night. And do the first Olympia UBC!

Everything else would be on the fly. Rev, any advice would be great! And if you have anything as far as info on if the Orleans is ok or not that would be good to hear about. Like I said we will be staying for a few days past the O. So would it be good to change hotels to be more on the strip on say Sunday or Monday for a couple days. The Orleans offered same $39 a night for whole time!

Sandman
05-24-12, 12:08 pm
Ive been following over on the USA site, but just want to get info flowing! This will be a retirement/wedding Anniversary/olympia vacation for me!

Glad to hear your gonna make it out brother. I'm thinking I'm gonna take that Thur and Fri off from work so I can hang out a little more this year. We will have to hit up a session at Rev's place. He has all kinds of cool shit!

GUNS
05-24-12, 12:11 pm
Yeah, Duner, glad your in here too! I told the wife, that 3 days is mine! So got to start figuring out whats gonna go down!

Beowulf
05-24-12, 12:12 pm

That's right. It looks like no Cage and no Animal.

GUNS
05-24-12, 12:16 pm
Maybe we can put together a LasVegas ABC, And have the UBC! Two totally different venues. But I dont see why not. Either way, If we all just pick a time, then go invade a gym, it will still have the same feel to it as an ABC!

Sandman
05-24-12, 12:21 pm
I'm sure Rev would be more than happy to host us at his place if we all got togeather. Last year we had a BBQ at his place after the EXPO on friday night. I think we should hit his place Friday after the EXPO and lift then grub. What do ya say Rev, sound like a plan?

GUNS
05-24-12, 12:23 pm
Rev/Duner, is there pics or website for this place? Sounds good and we can just get everyone involved. Provide a grill, everyone bring their own grilling grub, can you say"Potluck bbq"!

Sandman
05-24-12, 12:33 pm
Rev/Duner, is there pics or website for this place? Sounds good and we can just get everyone involved. Provide a grill, everyone bring their own grilling grub, can you say"Potluck bbq"!

http://dominateyourgame.com

That's a link to his site. A potluck sounds great to me!

GUNS
05-24-12, 12:35 pm
Eveb though alot of folks will be in hotels, still not hard to stop somewhere and pick up a couple t-bones! Thanks for the link!

Sandman
05-24-12, 12:43 pm
I'm thinkin Carne Asada!

GUNS
05-24-12, 12:46 pm
http://dominateyourgame.com

That's a link to his site. A potluck sounds great to me!

That place is amazing! Lots of cools stuff there.

GUNS
05-24-12, 12:48 pm
I'm thinkin Carne Asada!

That too!

Sandman
05-24-12, 1:10 pm
Yea, ISSAC is a great place. And Mike and Lacy REALLY know their shit so you always learn something.

GUNS
05-27-12, 2:30 pm
Been looking over the things to do, and the skyjump seems to be a interest of mine. Jumping off 855 foot building sounds like fun!

Solid Dreams
05-27-12, 2:36 pm
I'm really hoping to get out there, trying to get everything set up so I can roll over. At least so far the plane tickets seem to be cheap...

GUNS
05-27-12, 2:42 pm
Yeah I got $357 each and if you go to the Orleans hotel, they have group rates for the olympia. $39.00 a night except Fri/St at $95 each night. Damn good. I am planning a week!

Solid Dreams
05-27-12, 2:44 pm
Yeah I got $357 each and if you go to the Orleans hotel, they have group rates for the olympia. $39.00 a night except Fri/St at $95 each night. Damn good. I am planning a week!

I was going to hit you up about it, but I'm waiting a bit to see if I get everything cleared before I get my hopes up.

GUNS
05-27-12, 2:47 pm
No worries, Im in the same boat. No telling if Ill be out of here or not. But it is looking damn good for it finally! Should know withing the month. I should be out of here bu July 21st!

rev8ball
05-31-12, 6:04 pm
That too!

That place is amazing! Lots of cools stuff there.

Thanks for the props, bro, but trust me - the pics don't do it justice. We're always adding more shit....

I'm sure Rev would be more than happy to host us at his place if we all got togeather. Last year we had a BBQ at his place after the EXPO on friday night. I think we should hit his place Friday after the EXPO and lift then grub. What do ya say Rev, sound like a plan?

That sounds awesome! I had a blast last year, so let's def plan on it again this year!

Rev, been waiting for you to see this and get in here. Plans right now are to fly out and be there by lunch Thursday, hit In N Out, then check ito the orleans. The discount makes that place hard to beat. And just stay till the following Wed. Hit the expo all 3 days. The Olympia Finals on Sat night. And do the first Olympia UBC!

Everything else would be on the fly. Rev, any advice would be great! And if you have anything as far as info on if the Orleans is ok or not that would be good to hear about. Like I said we will be staying for a few days past the O. So would it be good to change hotels to be more on the strip on say Sunday or Monday for a couple days. The Orleans offered same $39 a night for whole time!

Orleans is a pretty decent place: movie theaters, solid buffet, etc. Plus, they have a free shuttle back and forth to the O, so it'll save you $$ on a rental, taxi, and gas.

The expo is only Fri and Sat. But I will start my Sin City for the O Q&A thread in about another month.....

BTW, since the Gold's on Flamingo closed this past Feb (where UN always holds the post-O ABC), guess we'll have to find a new place..... *ahem*........

Mr. Dead
05-31-12, 6:53 pm
BTW, since the Gold's on Flamingo closed this past Feb (where UN always holds the post-O ABC), guess we'll have to find a new place..... *ahem*........

I heard there was a pretty cool place to train, in Sin City... But the owner is a psychopath, or something...

J-Dawg
06-01-12, 9:14 am
Thanks for the props, bro, but trust me - the pics don't do it justice. We're always adding more shit....

Give us a pic update rev--Curious to see how it's looking now!

GUNS
06-01-12, 10:49 am
Definately need to support a brother here and get this UBC to Rev's place.

GUNS
06-03-12, 3:52 am
I think it should be at the O! Have it at Rev8ball's place, http://dominateyourgame.com/ . Need to make sure we get some of the guys like BigAl, BigAnt, Mr. Long, Vinny G, Antione, Brad, Halliday and Landry, Nick, Higa, P, Seath, Ben, The Hoff, Ox, House, Wrath! Dont need to make it a Universal sponsored athlete only event. Bring all the Athlete's from all three sides, SP, Animal and the U. What a gathering it could be! Powerlifting, Bodybuilding and Strongman. Great way to bring this whole family together!

rev8ball
06-04-12, 11:32 am
Give us a pic update rev--Curious to see how it's looking now!

We've got a ton (literally and figuratively!) of new equipment. I'll get some pics up soon.

I heard there was a pretty cool place to train, in Sin City... But the owner is a psychopath, or something...

Hey! I resemble that remark!

I think it should be at the O! Have it at Rev8ball's place, http://dominateyourgame.com/ . Need to make sure we get some of the guys like BigAl, BigAnt, Mr. Long, Vinny G, Antione, Brad, Halliday and Landry, Nick, Higa, P, Seath, Ben, The Hoff, Ox, House, Wrath! Dont need to make it a Universal sponsored athlete only event. Bring all the Athlete's from all three sides, SP, Animal and the U. What a gathering it could be! Powerlifting, Bodybuilding and Strongman. Great way to bring this whole family together!

Thanks, Guns.
I agree. Especially since there won't be a Cage or ABC. If we go the route of a UBC, that will work well, too, since we have seminars, classes, and lectures here quite often.

Kowboy
06-04-12, 12:06 pm
I would love to do something like this, there is probably no way in hell i could come up w/ the cash though with us buying a house.

GUNS
07-05-12, 12:26 pm
We are thrilled that we have DOUBLED the size of the Mr. Olympia Expo. That’s right! We are taking over South Hall 1 AND South Hall 2 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Twice the size means twice the excitement.

So cn we get an Animal Cage and a Universal booth?

Mr. Dead
07-05-12, 12:29 pm
??? *Unaware...*

GUNS
07-05-12, 12:32 pm
Yeah just read it on the Flex site.

Mr. Dead
07-05-12, 12:34 pm
Yeah just read it on the Flex site.
Interesting... Yet frustrating, that it wasn't revealed on thier own site, first...

GUNS
07-05-12, 12:45 pm
MD, I hope your not taking this as a Universal quote. This it the Olympia just growing in size. The expo itself. Sorry if I confused you. So I was just saying, sice the O is going to have a double the size expo, why cant we have both Animal and Universal there?

naturalguy
07-05-12, 12:58 pm
I believe we are just having a Universal booth, no Cage at the Olympia this year. It's time for the Universal brand to get some love

Mr. Dead
07-05-12, 1:03 pm
I believe we are just having a Universal booth, no Cage at the Olympia this year. It's time for the Universal brand to get some love

Far out grooviness...!!!

GUNS
07-05-12, 1:04 pm

NG, Im with it either way! Yes the U needs one and as we have all discussed in the past, The O is more old school and been around longer, perfect place for the U! But you cant blame a dude for trying! lol

naturalguy
07-05-12, 1:16 pm
NG, Im with it either way! Yes the U needs one and as we have all discussed in the past, The O is more old school and been around longer, perfect place for the U! But you cant blame a dude for trying! lol

I hear ya, in an ideal world we would have both however it would be very challenging to run both booths at the same time as you know it takes a lot to run The Cage and we wouldn't want to do it half assed

GUNS
07-05-12, 1:46 pm
I hear ya, in an ideal world we would have both however it would be very challenging to run both booths at the same time as you know it takes a lot to run The Cage and we wouldn't want to do it half assed

Understand fully, no matter, you know we will support it 100% either way. I do somewhat feel the U needs some love!

Kowboy
07-05-12, 1:53 pm
I just want to throw this out there, if someone is willing to pay for my flight and room I will help out w/ everything needed at the O. Just saying.... lol

I was planning on coming but w/ buying a house I will have to wait until next year. I tried to explain to my wife that I have to be there and she just chuckled at me.

Universal Rep
07-10-12, 4:10 pm

Vegas dont really need a reason to get together. That said, Im not a real fan of Vegas myself...

Mr. Dead
07-10-12, 4:37 pm
Vegas dont really need a reason to get together. That said, Im not a real fan of Vegas myself...

Not even the buffets...???

rev8ball
07-11-12, 10:38 am
That said, Im not a real fan of Vegas myself...

Meh, you won't be missed.....lol

Not even the buffets...???

Wait 'til you get out here again, D. The M resort's buffet is unbelieveable!
And, of course, there is always In n' Out....

Mr. Dead
07-11-12, 1:24 pm
Wait 'til you get out here again, D. The M resort's buffet is unbelieveable!
And, of course, there is always In n' Out....
The last time I was there... I wuz 4...

rev8ball
07-11-12, 2:36 pm
The last time I was there... I wuz 4...

Okay, so there's your justification right there!

Mr D at the O! Mr D at the O! Mr D at the O! Mr D at the O!

Mr. Dead
07-16-12, 3:35 pm
Okay, so there's your justification right there!

Mr D at the O! Mr D at the O! Mr D at the O! Mr D at the O!

We'll see...

Mr. Dead
07-17-12, 2:34 pm
Who all is going...???

GUNS
07-17-12, 3:01 pm
Me and the wife!

Mr. Dead
07-18-12, 3:25 pm
It's official... I'm going...

GUNS
07-18-12, 3:57 pm
It's official... I'm going...

Awesome MD!

Sandman
07-19-12, 7:02 pm
I will be there.

GUNS
07-20-12, 3:18 am
I will be there.

Well arent you already! lol!

GUNS
07-20-12, 4:35 pm
Just talked to the wife about 5 minutes ago and we concluded Green light for Vegas! Gonna be researching and buying all my tickets very soon! Cant wait to finally get to a show and to finally meet everyone!

P Diesel
07-24-12, 1:12 am
Just talked to the wife about 5 minutes ago and we concluded Green light for Vegas! Gonna be researching and buying all my tickets very soon! Cant wait to finally get to a show and to finally meet everyone!

u should have a blast bro. shame, would been good to meet ya

P

GUNS
07-24-12, 1:25 am
Yeah buddy! Who knows, maybe the Arnold!

Jay
07-24-12, 7:16 am

Awesome! I'm hoping to make it out there too. If you havent been before, and I think you mentioned you havent, be ready to be overwhelmed! I think there is a thread somewhere here titled how to survive the expo.

leanbody
09-05-12, 2:30 pm
Hey guys is there an ABC planned in vegas after the Olympia? i heard the Golds closed down...:-(

naturalguy
09-05-12, 4:02 pm
Hey guys is there an ABC planned in vegas after the Olympia? i heard the Golds closed down...:-(

No ABC since the booth will be a Universal booth however we are going to get together Friday night and train, we haven't figured out the gym yet as you said they closed the best gym in town.

J-Dawg
09-05-12, 4:12 pm
No ABC since the booth will be a Universal booth however we are going to get together Friday night and train, we haven't figured out the gym yet as you said they closed the best gym in town.

It's too bad they closed that Gold's Gym down. That was a great, hardcore gym.

We'll have to scout some local gyms in the area!

rev8ball
09-06-12, 11:15 am
they closed the best gym in town.

I wouldn't go that far.....

We'll have to scout some local gyms in the area!

Yeah, I have NO idea where I would train at *ahem*...........

J-Dawg
09-06-12, 11:26 am

I like this hint, haha!

J-Dawg
09-06-12, 11:27 am

He should have said 2nd best gym, lol.

Hollow
09-06-12, 11:31 am

Hahaha...priceless!